[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank only scored 5.9 pts per game
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2018  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2018  10:06 PM
https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752

And yet when we look at the Net rating of defense and offense based on the different lineups. The lineup with the 4th most mins played and the only lineup he is in among the top 4 lineups in mins. Knicks held a positive 6.0 Net rating of 114 offensive - 108 defensive.

-In all the lineups from 50-89 mins. Frank played in one lineup. That lineup had a positive net rating of 4.2. The other 3 out of the 4 lineups in this min range held negative ratings of -13.5, -11.2, -1.4.

-So out of the top 8 lineups that generated mins. Frank played in 2 of them and both of them had positive Net ratings. Out of the 8 lineups played for these min ranges 50-389. Only 3 of them had positive Net ratings. Frank was in 2 of them out of the 2 that he played in.

-In the next range of mins 30-47. There was 8 lineups generated. Frank played in 4 of the 8. With 2 of those lineups producing positive net ratings and 2 of them producing negative net ratings. To keep tally, Frank under the top 16 lineups in mins. Was utilized in 6 lineups. 4 of them producing positive net ratings and 2 of them producing negative net ratings. With all lineups producing 10 negative net ratings and 6 positive net ratings. Frank was utilized in 4 of the 6 lineups that generated positive net ratings.

-In the next range of mins 20-29. There was 16 lineups generated. Frank played in 12 of the 16. With 8 of those lineups producing positive net ratings and 4 of them producing negative net ratings. To keep tally, Frank under the top 32 lineups in mins. Was utilized in 18 lineups. 12 of them producing positive net ratings and 6(Edit) of them producing negative net ratings. With all lineups withing the top 32 min lineups producing 18 negative net ratings and 14 positive net ratings. Frank was utilized in 12 of the 14 lineups that generated positive net ratings.

May be the reason Jeff let him play 21mins per game even though he only scored 5.9 pts. Now for the guys who value buckets over everything. How is this possible that a person who scores 5.9 pts per game in 21mins can be apart of 12 of the 14 lineups that produced positive ratings? That's 12 different personnel groups.

Hmmm what if he scored 10pts per game?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/28/2018  5:15 PM
Good stuff

He does not need to dunk like Westbrook or DSJ. Play under control, use your length, baby hooks and push shots. Guy is probably around 6'7" at this point

(5)(5)
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/28/2018  9:45 PM
Scorers who provide empty stats and and don't positively contribute are one of the easiest free agents to acquire. Defenders with high IQ are a much more valuable commodity.
Rose is not the answer.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/28/2018  10:49 PM
knickstorrents wrote:Scorers who provide empty stats and and don't positively contribute are one of the easiest free agents to acquire. Defenders with high IQ are a much more valuable commodity.

Yeah, it kills me when everyone says you can just aquire those guys in the second-round. The reality is guys like Draymond and Bruce Bowen are flukes. Yeah, GSW got Draymond in the second. But if they did a redraft, knowing what we know now, Green would be an easy lotto pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/28/2018  11:17 PM
Click bait! Click bait!

Frank starts believing he can get by defenders, and the world will be his oyster. Some if it is athlleticism, a lot of it is confidence. Not being a rookie anymore will help. Hope to see him competing somewhere soon. Same with Mudiay, Dotson. The more competition, the better.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/28/2018  11:38 PM
First half of the season frank was completely different from second half of the season frank. He really started coming into his own by the end of the season frank was dominating his smaller defender.... the way he looks now wow he looks like a MAN compared to last year he still looked like a boy/teen..... don’t be surprised to see frank become a very good player this coming year.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2018  3:37 AM
We draft high ceiling guys. High IQ guys.
Some fans can’t see beyond the obvious or what’s in front of them.
I don’t know the future and none of this may or may not add up over time but this is a big departure from the past that its very interesting to be a part of.
The past cannot be undone. It has no bearing of the future. If you think it does then your missing the fun.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/29/2018  5:55 AM
Last five games of the season Frank averaged 10pts a game. He is only going to get better as a scorer. If he wins the starting PG job, then he should average at least 14 pts a game. Frank's job is not to be our best scorer. His job is to be the best defender and to keep the offense flowing and run pick and rolls and hit open shots. He can do all of that.
Trust the Process
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/29/2018  6:51 AM
TheGame wrote:Last five games of the season Frank averaged 10pts a game. He is only going to get better as a scorer. If he wins the starting PG job, then he should average at least 14 pts a game. Frank's job is not to be our best scorer. His job is to be the best defender and to keep the offense flowing and run pick and rolls and hit open shots. He can do all of that.

He’ll continue to improve his defense and passing and leadership but if he doesn’t develop co fidence in his scoring, which isn’t a guarantee, then he’ll never improve that aspect of his game, which will make the rest suffer.

I have faith he will gain at least some confidence and his scoring will become
At least adequate.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/29/2018  7:29 AM
TheGame wrote:Last five games of the season Frank averaged 10pts a game. He is only going to get better as a scorer. If he wins the starting PG job, then he should average at least 14 pts a game. Frank's job is not to be our best scorer. His job is to be the best defender and to keep the offense flowing and run pick and rolls and hit open shots. He can do all of that.

Those last 2 Cavs games he looked fantastic. If he can be that guy consistently in 2 years he will be better than Smith Jr, and probably only surpassed by Tatum and Mitchell from that class
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/29/2018  8:27 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Those last 2 Cavs games he looked fantastic. If he can be that guy consistently in 2 years he will be better than Smith Jr, and probably only surpassed by Tatum and Mitchell from that class

Frank clearly was still steaming from Lebron's comments that the Knicks picked the wrong guard. He now has to figure out how to be just as angry with the rest of the league. Like you said, if he can be as agressive as he was with the cavs against other teams, he could become a 20 pt scorer. But really all we need is for him to be confident in his offense and score as needed. KP, Knox, and Hardaway are going to be the primary scorers on the team.

Trust the Process
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/29/2018  9:50 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Scorers who provide empty stats and and don't positively contribute are one of the easiest free agents to acquire. Defenders with high IQ are a much more valuable commodity.

Sshh. They may hear you...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
6/29/2018  10:54 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

He’ll continue to improve his defense and passing and leadership but if he doesn’t develop co fidence in his scoring, which isn’t a guarantee, then he’ll never improve that aspect of his game, which will make the rest suffer.

I have faith he will gain at least some confidence and his scoring will become
At least adequate.

Between his work ethic, him being 18 last year coming from overseas, missing all of the combine, summer league, preseason. As well as him having a physically underdeveloped body coming into the league.

There are a lot of potential factors that point to possible improvement in this area. Nothing is ever guaranteed. But a 18 yr old with high IQ and imposing length who can contribute without being a big time scorer. Who has many potential factors that could help him greatly improve in this area is a good bet. Though great will be to strong an expectation in term of scoring. But efficient and a threat could be obtainable.

In 2016 the U18 FIBA tournament. He won MVP dropping 28 and 31 points in the semis and finals. He displayed confidence through the roof in his offense in that setting. So it is something that he may have in him in terms of character, but will have to wait for him to reach a comfort/experience/physical maturity level.

newyorknewyork
6/29/2018  11:01 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Click bait! Click bait!

Frank starts believing he can get by defenders, and the world will be his oyster. Some if it is athlleticism, a lot of it is confidence. Not being a rookie anymore will help. Hope to see him competing somewhere soon. Same with Mudiay, Dotson. The more competition, the better.

Knicks fans want and expect all of that out of him eventually.

The point of the thread though is that some fans on here and some just in general would have you believe that Frank was a liability last season. This clearly wasn't the case. He not only wasn't a liability he was a sound contributor despite his averages. With strong expectations to improve those averages.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2018  11:34 AM
Older but extremely thorough article on Frank.
https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/14/nba-prospect-film-room-frank-ntilikina-vs-la-lakers/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Ira
Member: #91
6/29/2018  11:42 AM
One thing I noticed was towards the end of the season, he was using fakes while driving to the hoop that reminded me of what Clyde used to do. I wonder if he got a little help from our hall of famer.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/29/2018  2:33 PM
Ira wrote:One thing I noticed was towards the end of the season, he was using fakes while driving to the hoop that reminded me of what Clyde used to do. I wonder if he got a little help from our hall of famer.

From the clips I watched of Frank in France, and games in NY, Frank used fakes, stutter steps to get by defenders, but had trouble using it effectively when he first got here.

Dont believe he had that burst of speed to blow by his defender, after the initial fake. Gave up on it early on in the season. With better conditioning, and more confidence, Frank should have better luck next season

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2018  3:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Ira wrote:One thing I noticed was towards the end of the season, he was using fakes while driving to the hoop that reminded me of what Clyde used to do. I wonder if he got a little help from our hall of famer.

From the clips I watched of Frank in France, and games in NY, Frank used fakes, stutter steps to get by defenders, but had trouble using it effectively when he first got here.

Dont believe he had that burst of speed to blow by his defender, after the initial fake. Gave up on it early on in the season. With better conditioning, and more confidence, Frank should have better luck next season

This was Frank before he joined the men's league the year the Knicks drafted him. For perspective this is an EU tourney of the best young players for each country. If everyone took their McDonalds all American type team and played them in a tourney this would be it. Its heavily scouted as there is no better showcase then against an elite collection of your peers.

Watch Frank... this is what got him on the radar. Cracks me up how ignorant it is when people say he doesnt have scorer's mentality... he will, when he's a good scorer in the league and he's got every tool to at least be solid.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2018  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2018  3:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

^^^^This....Frank scoring 10 pts per over the last 5 games of the season doesn't excite me as much....most teams are either on an early vacation at that point or getting ready for the playoffs....Last year, he was still playing in France up until the draft, then got hurt right away and missed the summer league. I'm more excited that he has had a full summer of working on his body, studying film, and going into the summer league, he's healthy, taller?, stronger and hopefully he can do well and gain some confidence going into the season with a much better coach and environment.

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/29/2018  4:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

This was Frank before he joined the men's league the year the Knicks drafted him. For perspective this is an EU tourney of the best young players for each country. If everyone took their McDonalds all American type team and played them in a tourney this would be it. Its heavily scouted as there is no better showcase then against an elite collection of your peers.

Watch Frank... this is what got him on the radar. Cracks me up how ignorant it is when people say he doesnt have scorer's mentality... he will, when he's a good scorer in the league and he's got every tool to at least be solid.

Somewhere along the line he either lost his confidence, or his role completely changed. makes me think of this

Via Dan Woike and the LA Times:

More than a decade ago when Ariza was a second-year player, his coach with the New York Knicks, Hall of Famer Larry Brown, thought Ariza shouldn’t shoot from the perimeter. Like ever.

“He told me not to even look at the basket or shoot the ball,” said Ariza, 32. “I was definitely afraid to shoot. I just wouldn’t. I would not shoot.”

ES
Frank only scored 5.9 pts per game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy