[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2018-2019 Offseason Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/1/2018  2:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Knicks reportedly are interested in Trevor Booker. I love the approach to this free agency so far. Rollover, Booker and Hezonja all fit with what the front office is trying to do. The nets did well to get Ed Davis.

A shame we missed out on Ed Davis- it was for just $4.4mil, one year.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:32 AM
A shame Paul George is staying in OKC, I would have liked to have seen the Lakers with him and Lebron.
smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:42 AM
Best and quickest way of keeping up to date with the latest signings:

https://twitter.com/wojespn

That's a fortune!

smackeddog
7/1/2018  3:29 AM
So available SG's is down to:

Tyreke Evans
laVine
Avery Bradley
JJ Redick
Marcus Smart
Caldwell-Pope
Wayne Ellington
Garrett Temple
Lance Stephenson
Seth Curry

That's still a lot- and most of the big money has dried up (I think only Lakers, 76ers, Kings, Bulls are left, plus Hawks who likely won't be after anyone), so I guess a lot of these players will be had for the MLE or less. It's really killed our chances of trading CLee.

Lakers are so fixated on max guys, they could actually build a team of good support players around Lebron and keep all their young guards- signing Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley would give them a great defensive backcourt vs the Warriors. Luc Mbah a Moute, Favors, Len, there are some nice role players and backups out there- I'd rather go down that route than sign Cousins.

smackeddog
7/1/2018  4:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  4:45 AM
reub wrote:@MikeAScotto
The New York Knicks have interest in unrestricted free agent Mario Hezonja, league sources told The Athletic. Knicks general manager Scott Perry was in Orlando when the Magic selected Hezonja fifth overall in 2015.

Young with plenty of upside. I want this to happen.

I suspect the kings will sign him to a multi year deal, although a couple of years ago I seem to remember him wanting to be a Knick. He's meant to be quite arrogant and a bad defender if I remember correctly from the 2015 Case For threads.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  8:11 AM
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:@MikeAScotto
The New York Knicks have interest in unrestricted free agent Mario Hezonja, league sources told The Athletic. Knicks general manager Scott Perry was in Orlando when the Magic selected Hezonja fifth overall in 2015.

Young with plenty of upside. I want this to happen.

I suspect the kings will sign him to a multi year deal, although a couple of years ago I seem to remember him wanting to be a Knick. He's meant to be quite arrogant and a bad defender if I remember correctly from the 2015 Case For threads.

Someone, Berman?, said Perry has some concerns about bringing Mario in.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2018  8:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:So available SG's is down to:

Tyreke Evans
laVine
Avery Bradley
JJ Redick
Marcus Smart
Caldwell-Pope
Wayne Ellington
Garrett Temple
Lance Stephenson
Seth Curry

That's still a lot- and most of the big money has dried up (I think only Lakers, 76ers, Kings, Bulls are left, plus Hawks who likely won't be after anyone), so I guess a lot of these players will be had for the MLE or less. It's really killed our chances of trading CLee.

Lakers are so fixated on max guys, they could actually build a team of good support players around Lebron and keep all their young guards- signing Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley would give them a great defensive backcourt vs the Warriors. Luc Mbah a Moute, Favors, Len, there are some nice role players and backups out there- I'd rather go down that route than sign Cousins.

Don’t tell Briggs Seth Curry is available. I sometimes think he believe Seth is better than his brother.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
reub
Member: #6227

7/1/2018  10:13 AM
So Deandre Jordan to the Mavs and Trevor Ariza to the Suns? The poor are getting richer for a change.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2018  10:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Begley reporting the Knicks and Hezonja have mutual interest.

That would be our best move. A lot of upside for Fiz to work with. Could be a long term piece if he has a good season.

smackeddog
7/1/2018  10:44 AM
reub wrote:So Deandre Jordan to the Mavs and Trevor Ariza to the Suns? The poor are getting richer for a change.

Not sure I like Ariza to the Suns--they have Mikal Bridges and last years 1st round pick (I forget his name)

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/1/2018  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  10:47 AM
OKC salary cap trending close to 300 mil when you include luxury taxes...word is, they may buyout Melo and stretch his salary to save money...

If Melo is bought out, could see him landing in LA with LeBron...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/1/2018  10:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:So Deandre Jordan to the Mavs and Trevor Ariza to the Suns? The poor are getting richer for a change.

Not sure I like Ariza to the Suns--they have Mikal Bridges and last years 1st round pick (I forget his name)

Josh Jackson

unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
7/1/2018  11:04 AM
I think the best move to make this off season is to move CLee and fix the balance of the roster. 1 out of the field trade I want to look at is:

CLEE and Ron Bakerfor Carmelo Anthony. After which we waive Melo.

This move saves OKC ton of money in luxury taxes and get them a solid 2 guard while roberson is on the mend and gives them 2 solid defenders giving george more time to focus on defense.

This move makes sense for us as we finally get rid of CLee's contract and frees up our plan for 2019. Dotson gets more time.

Melo then gets to team up with LBJ whereever he goes.

With the extra roster spot I would get Jarrett jack back as we lose a veteran presence in Lee.

Backcourt then looks like:

Frank/Trey/Jack
Hardaway/Mudiay/Dotson

unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
7/1/2018  11:08 AM
Another scenario is to move CLEE to Philly for Bayless and a second round pick and waive him.

Philly is losing shooters and Clee gives them depth they lost when marco left them for the spurs. Bayless is dead weight for them.

smackeddog
7/1/2018  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  11:15 AM
unstopaball12 wrote:Another scenario is to move CLEE to Philly for Bayless and a second round pick and waive him.

Philly is losing shooters and Clee gives them depth they lost when marco left them for the spurs. Bayless is dead weight for them.

There are ridiculous amount of SGs still available at cheap deals, unfortunately. 76ers are waiting to see where LeBron and Leonard land before making any signings.

DONT see any team trading for Lee while Avery Bradley can be had for the MLE

smackeddog
7/1/2018  11:41 AM
Woj saying there's no guarantee LeBron goes to the Lakers and he's currently meeting the 76ers. This off-season for them is like our off-season when LeBron, Wade and bosh went to the heat
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  12:25 PM
unstopaball12 wrote:Another scenario is to move CLEE to Philly for Bayless and a second round pick and waive him.

Lee to Sac for Shump might work for the Kings. The Knicks might have to include a second round pick but Shump is an expiring contract. Shump would probably be bought out. Zbo also works I think. Fiz might want Zbo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/1/2018  1:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:Woj saying there's no guarantee LeBron goes to the Lakers and he's currently meeting the 76ers. This off-season for them is like our off-season when LeBron, Wade and bosh went to the heat

Except the Lakers GM wasn't dumb enough to gutt their asset base for cap space we didn't end up needing. If the Lakers swing and miss on this offseason, they are still poised to imprpve from within for the 2018-2019 season.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/1/2018  2:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  2:11 PM
unstopaball12 wrote:I think the best move to make this off season is to move CLee and fix the balance of the roster. 1 out of the field trade I want to look at is:

CLEE and Ron Bakerfor Carmelo Anthony. After which we waive Melo.

This move saves OKC ton of money in luxury taxes and get them a solid 2 guard while roberson is on the mend and gives them 2 solid defenders giving george more time to focus on defense.

This move makes sense for us as we finally get rid of CLee's contract and frees up our plan for 2019. Dotson gets more time.

Melo then gets to team up with LBJ whereever he goes.

With the extra roster spot I would get Jarrett jack back as we lose a veteran presence in Lee.

Backcourt then looks like:

Frank/Trey/Jack
Hardaway/Mudiay/Dotson

We don't have the ability to take the salary differential into cap space. If we traded for Melo, it would have to be subject to the rules for balancing money.

Courtney Lee, Lance Thomas and Ron Baker would work for Carmelo, however. It still would give the Thunder about $9 million in immediate cap savings, while providing them with a good rotation player in Courtney Lee. If they need to save more money, buying out/stretching Lance Thomae' contract could be an option and would be less of cap hit long-term (~$2.5 million per for 5 seasons) than simply buying out Melo (~$10 million per for 3 seasons). So in theory, they could save $13 million by making this deal.

smackeddog
7/1/2018  2:09 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Woj saying there's no guarantee LeBron goes to the Lakers and he's currently meeting the 76ers. This off-season for them is like our off-season when LeBron, Wade and bosh went to the heat

Except the Lakers GM wasn't dumb enough to gutt their asset base for cap space we didn't end up needing. If the Lakers swing and miss on this offseason, they are still poised to imprpve from within for the 2018-2019 season.

people rightly lay into IT, but Walsh was an absolute disaster- nearly all his moves and drafts turned to absolute trash, but he was nice to the media so he gets a pass for it all.

2018-2019 Offseason Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy