2018-2019 Offseason Thread
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2018  9:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:Interesting interview with Mills:

Said were only signing guys to one year deals this offseason.

Also when asked about scoring in the backcourt he said Tim jr will be playing SG more and we have trey Burke. No mention of CLee, so hopefully we are going to trade him.

That was awesome. Thanks for posting the link.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/29/2018  11:50 AM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/29/2018  11:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Good trade for Washington. They get a quality combo guard who can provide insurance for their injury prone backcourt stars.

But it leaves them light at centre. Sure they can sign Dwight, but is that a good idea for a team thats struggled with chemistry and conflicts the past season?

No one wants centers anymore, so they can replace him very easily in free agency. Plenty of quality centers will be available for cheap this offseason.

Does the recent draft back up your statement about nobody wanting centers anymore...or are you talking about a certain type of center?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
6/29/2018  11:57 AM
LeBron is out, Cavs probably get #1 draft pick next year... ha ha ha
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/29/2018  12:10 PM
LegendD wrote:LeBron is out, Cavs probably get #1 draft pick next year... ha ha ha

Draft odds have changed- from now on it's going to be very very hard to land the n0 1 pick, even if you're awful- look at the new odds:

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

LegendD
Latvia
6/29/2018  1:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
LegendD wrote:LeBron is out, Cavs probably get #1 draft pick next year... ha ha ha

Draft odds have changed- from now on it's going to be very very hard to land the n0 1 pick, even if you're awful- look at the new odds:

I know the new rules
smackeddog
6/29/2018  4:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2018  4:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Draft odds changed for public perception. Nothing more.

Rose went to the Bulls. Was a fit for the league's "narrtive" Bulls had the worst statistical odds so it looked dirty. It is dirty, but it looked dirty.

The league administration wants to gift the No#1 pick to a newly sold team without the dirty perception. If Dolan sold the Knicks for the new record price, driving up valuation of all NBA teams, I assure you, the new owner will get the first pick in the next draft the Knicks can get the first pick. League administration wants newly sold teams to be successful, to drive up bidding wars for the rare franchise that becomes available. To drive up the price and drive up the market value of all franchises.

Draft odds have always been the same, the first three picks serve the current league's narrative at the time and place, for maximum marketing and to ensure the happiness and continued big dollars from the networks, who pay billion to broadcast those games.

If James Dolan had Oprah as a girlfriend, and the Obamas were always courtside with George Clooney, JK Rowling, Bruno Mars and Cardi B/Nicki Minaj, the Knicks would start getting the top of the lottery picks like clockwork.

Adam Silver apparently loves loves loves Bruno Mars ( so talented for such a small person right?) If I was Dolan, I'd give Mars free courtside seats forever. I know what you are thinking - People aren't that much of a bunch of shallow ass whores are they? Yes, sadly, yes they are.

Someone always says, but the draft lottery is conducted by a Big Four accounting firm! It used to be the Big Five. Find out what happened to the Fifth and see how safe you feel. The current accounting firm in question launders money for drug dealers and international crime syndicates with links to terrorists. So there's that.

What's sad is Bruno Mars has always been in better shape than Melo. Little guy is singing, he's dancing, he's thrusting his hips, he's sliding across the stage. The dude is pure energy. Great stage presence in him. Melo won't even bother to raise his arms to close out a shooter. Maybe Adam Silver just appreciates the raw effort. Sometimes it just comes down to actually giving a ****.

Conspiracy nonsense- how exactly would you know if you were wrong?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/29/2018  10:46 PM
I have this crazy idea that LeBron is pissed with Kyrie and will sign with the Knicks out of spite.
smackeddog
6/30/2018  4:22 AM

If the Mavs sign DeAndre Jordan, then I wonder who (if anyone) bids for Cousins?

LegendD
Latvia
6/30/2018  5:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:

If the Mavs sign DeAndre Jordan, then I wonder who (if anyone) bids for Cousins?

Wizzards

smackeddog
6/30/2018  12:13 PM
LegendD wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Wizzards

They have no cap space

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/30/2018  12:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Draft odds changed for public perception. Nothing more.

Rose went to the Bulls. Was a fit for the league's "narrtive" Bulls had the worst statistical odds so it looked dirty. It is dirty, but it looked dirty.

The league administration wants to gift the No#1 pick to a newly sold team without the dirty perception. If Dolan sold the Knicks for the new record price, driving up valuation of all NBA teams, I assure you, the new owner will get the first pick in the next draft the Knicks can get the first pick. League administration wants newly sold teams to be successful, to drive up bidding wars for the rare franchise that becomes available. To drive up the price and drive up the market value of all franchises.

Draft odds have always been the same, the first three picks serve the current league's narrative at the time and place, for maximum marketing and to ensure the happiness and continued big dollars from the networks, who pay billion to broadcast those games.

If James Dolan had Oprah as a girlfriend, and the Obamas were always courtside with George Clooney, JK Rowling, Bruno Mars and Cardi B/Nicki Minaj, the Knicks would start getting the top of the lottery picks like clockwork.

Adam Silver apparently loves loves loves Bruno Mars ( so talented for such a small person right?) If I was Dolan, I'd give Mars free courtside seats forever. I know what you are thinking - People aren't that much of a bunch of shallow ass whores are they? Yes, sadly, yes they are.

Someone always says, but the draft lottery is conducted by a Big Four accounting firm! It used to be the Big Five. Find out what happened to the Fifth and see how safe you feel. The current accounting firm in question launders money for drug dealers and international crime syndicates with links to terrorists. So there's that.

What's sad is Bruno Mars has always been in better shape than Melo. Little guy is singing, he's dancing, he's thrusting his hips, he's sliding across the stage. The dude is pure energy. Great stage presence in him. Melo won't even bother to raise his arms to close out a shooter. Maybe Adam Silver just appreciates the raw effort. Sometimes it just comes down to actually giving a ****.

Conspiracy nonsense- how exactly would you know if you were wrong?

Ainge didnt trade all the assets he did for Kyrie in order to low ball him on a max deal. Ainge would pay Kyrie what he wanted and then possibly looked to trade him afterwards if it was about money. Kyrie leaving Boston would be due to Kyrie's decision to leave for NY. Kyrie could net a max deal easily. Teams like Brooklyn, Philly, Kings, Suns, Mavs, LA etc etc etc etc.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/30/2018  2:08 PM
Ball tore his meniscus.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lonzo-ball-suffers-torn-225034329.html

smackeddog
6/30/2018  2:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Ball tore his meniscus.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lonzo-ball-suffers-torn-225034329.html

Aparantly he’s had it a while, guess his people have leaked it now to try and deter any trades featuring him.

smackeddog
6/30/2018  4:38 PM
Actually, looking at the list of FA shooting guards this offseason and the lack of money, there will be some real bargains. It will make it hard to move CLee:

Tyreke Evans
laVine
will Barton
Avery Bradley
JJ Redick
Marcus Smart
Caldwell-Pope
Wayne Ellington
Belinelli
Joe Harris
Garrett Temple
Lance Stephenson
Seth Curry

Crazy! Lots of 3D players and good shooters

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2018  5:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:Actually, looking at the list of FA shooting guards this offseason and the lack of money, there will be some real bargains. It will make it hard to move CLee:

Tyreke Evans
laVine
will Barton
Avery Bradley
JJ Redick
Marcus Smart
Caldwell-Pope
Wayne Ellington
Belinelli
Joe Harris
Garrett Temple
Lance Stephenson
Seth Curry

Crazy! Lots of 3D players and good shooters

The Knicks may need to include a second round pick or more to move Lee. Fiz said he thinks Lee and Tim are too small to get a lot of minutes at the 3. It will be interesting to see what happens. If Frank is off the ball like he was at the end of last season a move will need to be made. I think Dotson has a shot at being a rotation player this year.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  12:05 AM
Begley reporting the Knicks and Hezonja have mutual interest.
reub
Member: #6227

7/1/2018  12:27 AM
@MikeAScotto
The New York Knicks have interest in unrestricted free agent Mario Hezonja, league sources told The Athletic. Knicks general manager Scott Perry was in Orlando when the Magic selected Hezonja fifth overall in 2015.

Young with plenty of upside. I want this to happen.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  12:46 AM
Rockets lose Ariza. That USC huge in my opinion. Also. Not a fan of Paul's new 160 mil deal
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  1:42 AM
Knicks reportedly are interested in Trevor Booker. I love the approach to this free agency so far. Rollover, Booker and Hezonja all fit with what the front office is trying to do. The nets did well to get Ed Davis.
2018-2019 Offseason Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy