Allonzo Trier from Arizona will put a smile on your face

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

6/25/2018  8:53 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Allonzo Trier from Arizona will put a smile on your face

Wow! He's got a little Harden in him for sure.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2018  9:48 PM
he can score. He's really a walking bucket. No way he doesnt make the team. We lack scorers. They get him to play token defense and he's a keeper. He's a really good fit.

Guys like Troy, Hicks, Frank, Dotson... We have some good blue collar defensive guys. Trier can score.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
6/25/2018  9:57 PM
fishmike wrote:he can score. He's really a walking bucket. No way he doesnt make the team. We lack scorers. They get him to play token defense and he's a keeper. He's a really good fit.

Guys like Troy, Hicks, Frank, Dotson... We have some good blue collar defensive guys. Trier can score.

Yep....with my Arizona connections.....live their 10 plus years.....hes the go to guy on his team. I believe his back to back PED violation hurt him. Plus I heard he's undersized....but he's listed as 6'5 with shoes.....maybe he put extra insoles on during measurements. He's 6'3 with shoes. And as a scorer.....he probably has harden type defense. But he's a keeper so far.....a walking bucket to add to our growing list of walking buckets.

Beas
KP
THj
Burke
Knox
Trier

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/25/2018  11:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:he can score. He's really a walking bucket. No way he doesnt make the team. We lack scorers. They get him to play token defense and he's a keeper. He's a really good fit.

Yep....with my Arizona connections.....live their 10 plus years.....hes the go to guy on his team. I believe his back to back PED violation hurt him. Plus I heard he's undersized....but he's listed as 6'5 with shoes.....maybe he put extra insoles on during measurements. He's 6'3 with shoes. And as a scorer.....he probably has harden type defense. But he's a keeper so far.....a walking bucket to add to our growing list of walking buckets.

Beas
KP
THj
Burke
Knox
Trier

I'll go the other way on this. He probably won't make the big club unless he shows something more than scoring. That could be the ability to create for others, defensive intensity, whatever. Unsersized gunners are a dime a dozen in the G-League. I've heard Rashad McCants used as a comparison and I think it's a good comparison. I hope Trier sees McCant's career path and realizes what he needs to work on to stick.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/26/2018  12:24 AM
Dudes got range. Like Steph Curry range. And a young Kobe athleticism. I’m guessing defensively sub-par.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Ira
Member: #91
6/26/2018  8:21 AM
That was a very good signing. The kid had a good stat line in Arizona and is obviously a good athlete with a good shot and seems to be able to finish strong.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/26/2018  8:56 AM
This kid can play. I hate that he got suspended for the same thing twice. That makes me think he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But he can play no doubt and I hope it pans out
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
6/26/2018  9:43 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:This kid can play. I hate that he got suspended for the same thing twice. That makes me think he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. But he can play no doubt and I hope it pans out

I think the 2nd test was waived because they decided it was just traces left over from the first failed test.
Of course I've failed several tests for Knicks Kool Aid so I'm ready to believe

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/26/2018  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2018  9:53 AM
Re: Trier's Ped suspensions.
The first one was for "unknowingly taking a ped" in 2016-2017 season
The 2nd one was due to a small fraction of the ped still being in his system and the 2nd suspension was lifted after an appeal was made.

So, to me, we got a probable late 1st round pick as an undrafted player. Another wise move by the Knicks mgmt.

Allonzo Trier’s suspension has been lifted and he will play Thursday night when the Arizona Wildcats host Stanford, the University of Arizona announced a few hours before the 8 p.m. tipoff.

“We appreciate the NCAA granting this appeal and their understanding of this unique situation,” the UA said in a statement.

Trier was suspended a week ago after testing positive for Ostarine. That was the same substance that Trier tested positive for last season that resulted in a 19-game suspension.

But Arizona appealed Trier’s most recent suspension, saying that the failed drug test, showed, “the reappearance of a trace amount of a banned substance. The amount detected was minuscule by scientific standards and appears to be a remnant of a substance, which the NCAA has agreed, Allonzo had unknowingly ingested in 2016.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/2018/3/1/17069474/allonzo-trier-cleared-to-return-play-stanford-suspension-appeal-ncaa-sean-miller-coach-espn

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/26/2018  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2018  10:12 AM
Markji wrote:Re: Trier's Ped suspensions.
The 2nd one was due to a small fraction of the ped still being in his system and the 2nd suspension was lifted after an appeal was made.

So, to me, we got a probable late 1st round pick as an undrafted player. Another wise move by the Knicks mgmt.

Allonzo Trier’s suspension has been lifted and he will play Thursday night when the Arizona Wildcats host Stanford, the University of Arizona announced a few hours before the 8 p.m. tipoff.

“We appreciate the NCAA granting this appeal and their understanding of this unique situation,” the UA said in a statement.

Trier was suspended a week ago after testing positive for Ostarine. That was the same substance that Trier tested positive for last season that resulted in a 19-game suspension.

But Arizona appealed Trier’s most recent suspension, saying that the failed drug test, showed, “the reappearance of a trace amount of a banned substance. The amount detected was minuscule by scientific standards and appears to be a remnant of a substance, which the NCAA has agreed, Allonzo had unknowingly ingested in 2016.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/2018/3/1/17069474/allonzo-trier-cleared-to-return-play-stanford-suspension-appeal-ncaa-sean-miller-coach-espn

do you really buy that it was unknowing? because I don't. Even if that's legit, I certainly think it is the player's responsibility to know what is on the banned and approved list. Also, for it to have remained in his system for any extended period probably means he took a **** ton the first time

All the above said, yes, I am happy he is with the Knicks. Despite my feelings on him getting caught I do like that he was looking for an edge. Somewhat of a catch 22

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/26/2018  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2018  12:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Markji wrote:Re: Trier's Ped suspensions.

do you really buy that it was unknowing? because I don't. Even if that's legit, I certainly think it is the player's responsibility to know what is on the banned and approved list. Also, for it to have remained in his system for any extended period probably means he took a **** ton the first time

All the above said, yes, I am happy he is with the Knicks. Despite my feelings on him getting caught I do like that he was looking for an edge. Somewhat of a catch 22

I agree that it raises a red flag. I was just pointing out that it may not be as bad as it first seemed. A low risk - high reward signing.

Trier was also ranked #12 HS player in 2015. And he went on to have a very good college career.

So now the Knicks have signed 3 players - all MacDonalds Allstars in H.S. who were ranked 9, 10, 12. Signed as 1st round; 2nd round; undrafted. That is a lot of skill and potential. Young players which we need to develop to be a solid NBA players.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/usa-today-high-school-sports-composite-basketball-player-recruiting-rankings

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
KnixinSix
Member: #5626

6/26/2018  10:26 AM
This kids agility, explosion,shooting, creativity and finishing around the basket is almost Kyrie like. I mean it is really, really good. He could be the steal of the draft.
blkexec
Member: #748
6/26/2018  10:41 AM
KnixinSix wrote:This kids agility, explosion,shooting, creativity and finishing around the basket is almost Kyrie like. I mean it is really, really good. He could be the steal of the draft.

Like Fiz said. it's up to the players now. Every year there's a trier and Robinson player who's considered the steal of the draft....until they get drafted and can't control there environment or habits... and fall off the map. Let's see how these kids pass the first test. I play ball or used to with guys like this all the time. Maturity dictates your career path.....Just ask Trey Burke.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
6/26/2018  11:26 AM
Overheard my friend saying to his son-
Ï'm not mad you did it. We ALL did it at some point. I'm mad you got caught!"

blkexec wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:This kids agility, explosion,shooting, creativity and finishing around the basket is almost Kyrie like. I mean it is really, really good. He could be the steal of the draft.

Like Fiz said. it's up to the players now. Every year there's a trier and Robinson player who's considered the steal of the draft....until they get drafted and can't control there environment or habits... and fall off the map. Let's see how these kids pass the first test. I play ball or used to with guys like this all the time. Maturity dictates your career path.....Just ask Trey Burke.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/26/2018  11:33 AM
I posted in the other thread that we have on Trier that dude is a professional scorer!!! Not a super athlete put can get to his spots and score from anywhere on the floor...He is a better offensive player than Dotson is for sure....Nice change of pace player off the bench...With the position the Knicks are in, (salary cap issues, constantly picking outside of the top 5) we have to swing for the fences at times and Trier and Robinson were good gambles...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/26/2018  11:37 AM
Watched a lot of the vids out there on Trier...given how he performed, and where he performed, this is a very solid pick, and without his history, he would have been a mid-range #2, at least. As soon as I started looking at video of him I wondered why he wasn't a second round pick- then I read about his "PED" issue and the suspensions.

Seems like a solid, all around, offensive player. I've read that he's a selfish player, though his assist numbers have improved over his college career...he's got significant range on his J, is not a bad ball handler, and it looks like he can finish, even through contact. Not as many videos on his D, but a good athlete can compete on defense if he wants to.

Off the bench gunner, an offensive spark type player, at this point...If it turns out that he can play D, who knows. Really looking to see what he looks like in SL, and if he plays with the confidence he showed at Arizona.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/26/2018  11:47 AM
He was very efficient in college posting 60% TS each of his 3 yrs at Ari.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2018  12:21 PM
Sounds like he was prescribed the substance to overcome an injury.
https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/arizona-wildcats-guard-allonzo-trier-shocked-by-positive-ped-test/article_17577fd8-ddf0-11e6-b452-fb90842028ac.amp.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/26/2018  12:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Sounds like he was prescribed the substance to overcome an injury.
https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/arizona-wildcats-guard-allonzo-trier-shocked-by-positive-ped-test/article_17577fd8-ddf0-11e6-b452-fb90842028ac.amp.html

Thought I saw him wearing a knee sleeve (some kind of support) on a knee in one of the videos.

I thought I read that he was looking to enter the draft the year of the suspension, but that the suspension ended that possibility.

Maybe we catch a break with this kid...who knows, but picking him up without the need to use a draft pick seems to have been a steal for us...win/win no matter how he turns out, but I think he can be a contributor at some point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Our 2 way signer might be the steal of our draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy