Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2018  3:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TheGame wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Young is 12-of-52 (23.1%) overall and 3-of-24 (12.5%) from deep. (3 games)
Steph Curry! Here we come!

Lol. He will never be Curry but I also don't think he will be a bust. Like Curry, it is going to take him about 3 years to build up his body and figure out how to best utilize his skills. I think he will ultimately be Curry-lite(a decent starter but not an All-Star).

I agree. Also, he had to come out after the year he had. That doesn't mean that he isn't very young and that he would not have benefitted from another year or two in college.

People forget that Curry also had Monte Ellis to help ease the transition. It takes most PGs time. Just look at out very own Trey Burke. Briggs standom aside, it's tough to takes these games seriously. I still wouldn't have picked him that high, tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/6/2018  6:32 PM
It's only the 1st half of 1 summer league game but Hernangomez looks awful...air ball 3, and got blocked by the rim on a alley-oop attempt. Dakari Johnson abusing him in the paint...
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/6/2018  6:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2018  6:58 PM
Listening to Fiz just feels like we finally got the right coach in here!!!!

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2018  7:35 PM
Uptown wrote:Listening to Fiz just feels like we finally got the right coach in here!!!!

Agree. That was awesome.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2018  9:01 PM
I did not see the Hornets but from what I have read on twitter, it sounds like Willy did not have a good game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/6/2018  9:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I did not see the Hornets but from what I have read on twitter, it sounds like Willy did not have a good game.

This is how rumors start...Willy Hernangomez scored 16 points with 14 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and two turnovers in 28 minutes against the Thunder on Friday.

Sounds like a pretty good game to me

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/6/2018  9:58 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I did not see the Hornets but from what I have read on twitter, it sounds like Willy did not have a good game.

This is how rumors start...Willy Hernangomez scored 16 points with 14 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and two turnovers in 28 minutes against the Thunder on Friday.

Sounds like a pretty good game to me

Did not see the game...

Hernandez- 3/10 shooting, but he did take 4 shot from beyond the arc (missed them all). 10 pts scored from the line.

Miles Bridges- 2/14 from the field...0/5 from 3...10 rebounds.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/6/2018  10:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:Listening to Fiz just feels like we finally got the right coach in here!!!!

Agree. That was awesome.

I like Fiz

blkexec
Member: #748
7/6/2018  10:27 PM
I'm calling it now.....ALONZO TRIER will show out. People will be talking about him for years....Going undrafted. I can see him as a 6 man.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/6/2018  11:34 PM
blkexec wrote:I'm calling it now.....ALONZO TRIER will show out. People will be talking about him for years....Going undrafted. I can see him as a 6 man.

I watched a lot of clips of him after we took him. When you see a guy on Arizona with the stats he had, you wonder why he wasn't drafted, and then you look at the clips and realize he's a nice player.

He seems like a confident player- and has to have a chip on his shoulder at this point.

If he can play D, his is a true steal.

Not sure I'll be able to see the game, tomorrow, but he is definitely someone I will key on, if I do.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/7/2018  1:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2018  1:10 AM
So far the rookie players have been very blah--too many under developed kids/.

Derrick Jones best player Ive seen and hes still 21.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
7/7/2018  4:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:So far the rookie players have been very blah--too many under developed kids/.

Derrick Jones best player Ive seen and hes still 21.

What about Mikal Bridges? He's suppose to be NBA ready.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/7/2018  4:22 AM

Notice in the video and quote he doesn't mention Noah (when the reporter says about having to play Kornet as backup C). That quote sounds like the reasoning behind Noah not being back, so likely he'll be gone soon (September is when the stretch date changes).

As a side note, Mike Vorkunov is doing a great job covering the Knicks- rarely get to see his articles as you have to pay for them, but when I have they've been very interesting with no Isola style agenda. Rapidly becoming one of the Knicks best writers.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/7/2018  9:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Notice in the video and quote he doesn't mention Noah (when the reporter says about having to play Kornet as backup C). That quote sounds like the reasoning behind Noah not being back, so likely he'll be gone soon (September is when the stretch date changes).

As a side note, Mike Vorkunov is doing a great job covering the Knicks- rarely get to see his articles as you have to pay for them, but when I have they've been very interesting with no Isola style agenda. Rapidly becoming one of the Knicks best writers.

Noah has gotten into it with his last 2 coaches, since moving to the bench. Cant blame Perry/Mills if they dont want to make it 3.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/7/2018  9:25 AM
Dont know what Im more psyched to see, how Frank looks after his training, or the new additions. Been a long time since the summer league squad had so much talent.
blkexec
7/7/2018  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2018  10:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont know what Im more psyched to see, how Frank looks after his training, or the new additions. Been a long time since the summer league squad had so much talent.

Temper expectations. Talent doesn't always equate to wins or good basketball....Its all about chemistry between players and coaching staff. We don't know what these guys will do collectively. Just a warning.....We've all been here b4 as a knick fan. The problem is we will be quick to turn on them if they don't show good chemistry. That's not fair to the players or the team.

But I agree. ..there are several players I would like to see.....including all of our draft picks. I will assume Frank will be frank.....I'm not expecting much h more than what he delivered in spurts last yr. I want to see Dotson improve. He reminds me of a young Lee.

And would like to see how Mitchell Robinson looks after taking a year off. Will he look like a HS kid.....low IQ. That what I'm expecting. Anything more is a bonus. Can Knox be our next superstar? So many storylines.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/7/2018  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  1:05 PM
There's also a laundry list of dudes who tore it up in summer league who didn't do jack when the games counted. I remember when I was into fantasy hoops I would always pick up Austin Daye off the waiver list based on his summer league performances thinking he'd be a genius sleeper addition. Never happened.

So you kinda have to take summer league with a grain of salt both ways. But it will be interesting to see these guys on the court.

blkexec
7/7/2018  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2018  12:44 PM
Welpee wrote:There's also a laundry list of dudes who tore it up in summer league who didn't do jack when the games counted. I remember when I was into fantasy hoops I would always pick up Austin Daye off the waiver list based on his summer league performances thinking he'd be a genius sleeper additional. Never happened.

So you kinda have to take summer league with a grain of salt both ways. But it will be interesting to see these guys on the court.

Good point....look out for fools gold. I get it. But as a long suffering knicks fan, I'm looking for any glimmer of hope. Like I only hope our rookies have an Austin Daye performance. And if somebody does, you will join in the same thread as me, setting high expectations each minute. So I agree, we have to manage our expectations, and not base it on summer league.

I'm glad you said that cause I have a feeling Knox will steal the show....Him and Trier have huge chips on their shoulders. Frank will prove that he's more offensive aggressive. All the PGs are fighting for rotation time. They shopuld be pushing the ball and playing defense. Be careful, we might look like a playoff team.

Just remember this thread warning....don't let summer league draw any unnecessary conclussions about the regular season.

With that said, I will be just as gulty as others, setting untouchable expectations on these kids. I wouldnt be a NY knicks fan if I didn't.

JesseDark
Member: #467
7/7/2018  1:10 PM
LegendD wrote:Trae Young is a bust!!! 3/24 from 3pts, its 12,5%

He looked really lite in the ass in that fight with Grayson and when picks were set on him.

Bring back dee-fense
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/7/2018  1:55 PM
JesseDark wrote:
LegendD wrote:Trae Young is a bust!!! 3/24 from 3pts, its 12,5%
He looked really lite in the ass in that fight with Grayson and when picks were set on him.
He needs to get stronger. Curry is strong for his size. Same with Isaiah Thomas.
Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy