Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2018  3:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
FrenchFreak wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Funny...many in this tweet wondering why Trier is not mentioned.

Hope he plans on playing...it would be a disappointment if he didn't.

that is kind of wierd

Yeah, why no Trier? A little alarming?

Trier is on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Very good college player.

Can't wait to see Knox and Robinson!

As a Cuse fan I'm also excited to see Gbinije. He was so fun to watch his last 2 season with Cuse. They could have used his shooting last season!

Is Gbinije on the knick's roster? I would love for him
To come to camp with the Knicks.

I should have looked back in the thread.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2018  3:29 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:In Bart Scott voice, "Can't Wait!!" Looking forward to seeing Knox, Trier & Robinson against this level of competition.....Want to see a more confident Frank and hopefully Dotson has grown as a player as well....I'm indifferent about seeing Troy Williams being that he was a stand-out last year against summer league comp last year. Not sure how much this will improve his game also, dont want to see him take minutes away from the Rooks...

Can't lie, I want them to win the tourney. Would be one of the steps to show that we have some rotational pieces.

If I remember correctly, the Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, Demetris Nichols team won the summer league 'chip as well....See where that got us

Uptown

6/29/2018  3:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
FrenchFreak wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Funny...many in this tweet wondering why Trier is not mentioned.

Hope he plans on playing...it would be a disappointment if he didn't.

that is kind of wierd

Yeah, why no Trier? A little alarming?

Trier is on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Very good college player.

Can't wait to see Knox and Robinson!

As a Cuse fan I'm also excited to see Gbinije. He was so fun to watch his last 2 season with Cuse. They could have used his shooting last season!

Is Gbinije on the knick's roster? I would love for him
To come to camp with the Knicks.

He was a pretty good player at the 'Cuse....Thought he would stick on someone's roster. Looking forward to seeing if he added to his game.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/29/2018  5:06 PM
We're bringing back a lot of members of the team from last year so perhaps there'll be better chemistry than we've seen in recent years. I'm not sure if Mudiay and Burke are even eligible to play.

It's worth noting that we'll be sporting *TWO* teenagers (Knox and Ntilikina) and a young 20 year old (Mitchell Robinson)... so it's a little early for us to declaring us as the faves to win the tourney.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/30/2018  2:10 PM
All they have to do is tune-up and compete. We need a darkhorse signing to come out of it - not necessarily from our team.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2018  4:23 PM
The Knicks have 12 players under contract for next season plus Knox and Robinson. One of Hicks or Kornet might get the last spot. I was hoping Gbinije might have a shot at a roster spot. Maybe he gets a two way deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  1:50 PM
Lower the bar a bit folks, you want to see chemistry among certain sets in certain situations.
But at the same time its also a bit of an audition for some players to see what they got so its also a try out.
To make matters more complicated, you might have coach's ask players to do things they are comfortable yet with.
Winning is always good but the summer league has some purpose as well.
All the teams do this to some extent.
Be nice for frank to show us some cool stuff if he is ready to unleash the "French legion" on the league!
Or something like that!!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/2/2018  2:29 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:In Bart Scott voice, "Can't Wait!!" Looking forward to seeing Knox, Trier & Robinson against this level of competition.....Want to see a more confident Frank and hopefully Dotson has grown as a player as well....I'm indifferent about seeing Troy Williams being that he was a stand-out last year against summer league comp last year. Not sure how much this will improve his game also, dont want to see him take minutes away from the Rooks...

Can't lie, I want them to win the tourney. Would be one of the steps to show that we have some rotational pieces.

If I remember correctly, the Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, Demetris Nichols team won the summer league 'chip as well....See where that got us

Nate and Frye became rotational players in the NBA. Troy Williams is a fringe NBA player at the moment. Would like to see players like Dotson and Kornet and Hicks show that they surpassed this level. Would like to see Frank, Knox, Williams show that they are superior to this level. Again these are things I would like to see. Would give momentum to them being rotational players. Doesn't mean there career is over of they don't. Jut would mean they need more seasoning. If they do win it. It also doesn't guarantee anything. But again would put more weight toward it. And will show how far Knicks developmental process has come.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown

7/2/2018  7:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Nate and Frye became rotational players in the NBA. Troy Williams is a fringe NBA player at the moment. Would like to see players like Dotson and Kornet and Hicks show that they surpassed this level. Would like to see Frank, Knox, Williams show that they are superior to this level. Again these are things I would like to see. Would give momentum to them being rotational players. Doesn't mean there career is over of they don't. Jut would mean they need more seasoning. If they do win it. It also doesn't guarantee anything. But again would put more weight toward it. And will show how far Knicks developmental process has come.

I agree with you, especially the part about the young players getting some chemistry over the summer and hopefully we see some carry over into the season....I remember Williams last Summer league and I thought he proved to be superior to the competition. I dont mind him on the roster this summer, just want Knox to get as many minutes as possible...

Uptown

7/2/2018  11:15 PM
watching Kings?Lakers right now...lots of young talent on the Kings...Bagley is going to be a monster!!!
newyorknewyork
7/3/2018  12:45 AM
Rough night for Young.
Clean
Member: #743
7/3/2018  9:50 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/3/2018  10:15 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Rough night for Young.

So glad we didn't take him. Kid is obviously a bust and ATL FO must be updating their resume!
What were they thinking? Wow, epic draft mistake!!!
Oh wait, it was just a bad first half. Never mind..........

newyorknewyork
7/3/2018  10:27 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Rough night for Young.

So glad we didn't take him. Kid is obviously a bust and ATL FO must be updating their resume!
What were they thinking? Wow, epic draft mistake!!!
Oh wait, it was just a bad first half. Never mind..........

Hes really really quick, and looks to easily be able create space to get his shot off. The size and length difference was noticeable around the rim though. Will have to become automatic from mid range to open that up more.

ATL still has Shroeder, does Young start his career off the bench as a spark plug?

newyorknewyork
7/3/2018  10:28 AM
Jackson dropped 29 and was on fire, but his shot looks weird.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/3/2018  10:30 AM
Didn't realize ATL Huerter going to miss all of summer league.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

7/3/2018  10:42 AM
Andrew wrote:Didn't realize ATL Huerter going to miss all of summer league.

Thank god we didnt draft him cause it would be Frankie all over again on this board.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/3/2018  2:37 PM
Anyone got videos of today's practice?
Trust the Process
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/3/2018  3:35 PM
TheGame wrote:Anyone got videos of today's practice?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/3/2018  4:20 PM
Andrew wrote:Didn't realize ATL Huerter going to miss all of summer league.

Yep, he announced it just before the draft, when he cancelled the rest of his workouts. I don't put too much stock into summer, so whatever. Nice to see Ron Baker's is getting some reps in.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vegas Summer League Knicks 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy