I give the Knicks draft and Front Office an A
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2018  2:17 PM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:If you watch the press conference, notice how Perry said we had some intel from former NBA players working close to Robinson. People in my circle of friends still don't believe me what I tell them I play with all these former NBA players and current football players. So when Perry said that, I already knew a few guys that probably gave him some insight.

I know his former girlfriend, and she broke it down for me. He didn't run with the weed smokers in the gym and for the most part, was on the side working out. But the pickup games he played in was during a time when most pro athletes go.....Thats when I saw him in person. But when he said he works out 9-5, thats bull.....but you have to try and say something positive. He has a LONG WAY to go in the maturity column. I hope he works out....I played with some bone head should've been in the NBA type players all the time. Few stick like Gilbert Areanas (played against him in AZ)....others don't.

I'm 45 now...still play with semi pro athletes, nba former players and young up and coming athletes. But don't get it twisted....I had a 3 yr window of a chance (age 28-33 late bloomer) to play in an nba summer league by invite from a former nba player at that time. Now I'm only around these guys because of my gym.....Expensive as hell, but it's the top choice for ALL PRO ATHLETES. If you are ever in plano or allen texas, I get free passes all the time as a memeber.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Have obviously only the read the articles on him and they seem to point towards just a lack of structure and super solid support system around him. Hopefully the Knicks can take the long, slow road with him and Robinson buys in and puts in the time. Have him start in the G-League but also literally have someone with him at all times.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/23/2018  2:19 PM
When you truly think about it, how can you grade a draft when no one has even pick up a basketball..

I had to think about that for min because we're all rating something on potential, which means Eddy Curry had the potential to be Shaq

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/23/2018  2:21 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Can’t wait to see a line up of the future.

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

I think we struck gold in this years draft Knox has a real chance to be a star in this league, Robinson was the third best talent behind Deandre and Bamba coming out of high school he too might become a foundational player.

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

One can only hope that’s how good our draft picks work out. look how it worked out for the Yankees, again fingers crossed

My only concern is Robinson is similar to KP on defense. Both players are not ready for full time center against strong defenders. BUT....If I was coaching, I rather have Robinson at center, with KP helping. And to have a 6'9 Knox as your SF, it's as simple as together they are stronger, and can make up for any lack of strength, with their length.

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Thats a lot of height that most teams will have to go against. If we play a team with limited jump shooters, it's over. KP and Mitchell are legit shot blockers.....If he sticks, I can see this combination of players deadly on both ends. Mitchell needs to work on offense, but he can be that clean up, blind side defense / lob guy right now. Summer league will really determine Mitchells fate....Best case right now is G league first.

I went to the gym consistently at lunch when they play ball and only saw him a few times....maybe 3. So when he said I workout 9-5....yeah ok. lol...you can fool the press all you want....I hope he matures quick....NY will chew him up if he doesnt develop fast (unfortunately). So far I think he did well answering those questions. Not worried about Knox....Calipari and Kentucky prepares future NBA players well. I can see a Kentucky to Knicks pipeline developing, based on clues from the press conference.

Well both KP and Mitchell won't be needed to play full time center since Kanter will be our full time center next year so Mitchell has a full year to work on his game and put weight on. I'm sure he's still gonna get some playing time with the Knicks since Fiz already said he's good with playing the young guys but he needs to play plenty of g-league as well.

A season of watching a post player like Kanter work, will be a good education. Defensive issues aside. Hope Kanter tries to help Robinson with his post moves. KP as well. Too bad Hakeem doesnt offer his services outside the Rockets anymore.

At least the G League Knicks is starting to make inroads developing players.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2018  2:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

I think we struck gold in this years draft Knox has a real chance to be a star in this league, Robinson was the third best talent behind Deandre and Bamba coming out of high school he too might become a foundational player.

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

One can only hope that’s how good our draft picks work out. look how it worked out for the Yankees, again fingers crossed

My only concern is Robinson is similar to KP on defense. Both players are not ready for full time center against strong defenders. BUT....If I was coaching, I rather have Robinson at center, with KP helping. And to have a 6'9 Knox as your SF, it's as simple as together they are stronger, and can make up for any lack of strength, with their length.

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Thats a lot of height that most teams will have to go against. If we play a team with limited jump shooters, it's over. KP and Mitchell are legit shot blockers.....If he sticks, I can see this combination of players deadly on both ends. Mitchell needs to work on offense, but he can be that clean up, blind side defense / lob guy right now. Summer league will really determine Mitchells fate....Best case right now is G league first.

I went to the gym consistently at lunch when they play ball and only saw him a few times....maybe 3. So when he said I workout 9-5....yeah ok. lol...you can fool the press all you want....I hope he matures quick....NY will chew him up if he doesnt develop fast (unfortunately). So far I think he did well answering those questions. Not worried about Knox....Calipari and Kentucky prepares future NBA players well. I can see a Kentucky to Knicks pipeline developing, based on clues from the press conference.

His limited offensive skills is why I say its important that we get a real playmaker in the backcourt that can help Robinson excel in his strengths which is catching lobs and finishing similar to Tyson Chandler....Hopefully Trey Burke can be that playmaker we need....Mos Def love the idea of a Kentucky pipeline....Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns had way more offensive skills in the the bag than they showed in college. Coach Cal mentioned that Knox has skills than he showed in college...We will see...

Don't know why, but people are really sleeping on Trey Burke. This guy is my exact size, so I understand when you have a combination of speed, first step, with a mid range. Yes, he's a backup talent...But his strength is being a playmaker. If you watch, he can basically score from anywhere on the court, especially mid range. So he's always putting pressure on the defense. Now we add Knox who can play on or off the ball....Something I wish Melo could do.

I think in the beginning of the season, people will be very surprised at how successful we might start the season. Look how many former PGs we have on the staff, including Fiz. Now look at how many PGs we have on the roster. Now take a look at who we drafted. This is startingng to look like a PG trade study....or a challenge.....See if they can turn one of these PGs into an NBA starter.

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

We have a glut of PGs and SGs.....Positionless??

I think about 10 years ago, I said the NBA will be just Guards and Forwards

BTW....Burke is the only guard on the roster with a combination of PG handles and SG offense.

Not sleeping on Burke at all....I was calling for him to start while he was sitting on the bench waiting his turn. In my eyes, he should be our starting pg next yr...Last year, Burke showed more of a scorer's mentality when coming off that pick and roll....He would pull up for the mid-range which was money, but with Robinson, at times he needs to penetrate a step deeper and recognize Robinson rolling to the hoop...

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/23/2018  3:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

His limited offensive skills is why I say its important that we get a real playmaker in the backcourt that can help Robinson excel in his strengths which is catching lobs and finishing similar to Tyson Chandler....Hopefully Trey Burke can be that playmaker we need....Mos Def love the idea of a Kentucky pipeline....Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns had way more offensive skills in the the bag than they showed in college. Coach Cal mentioned that Knox has skills than he showed in college...We will see...

Don't know why, but people are really sleeping on Trey Burke. This guy is my exact size, so I understand when you have a combination of speed, first step, with a mid range. Yes, he's a backup talent...But his strength is being a playmaker. If you watch, he can basically score from anywhere on the court, especially mid range. So he's always putting pressure on the defense. Now we add Knox who can play on or off the ball....Something I wish Melo could do.

I think in the beginning of the season, people will be very surprised at how successful we might start the season. Look how many former PGs we have on the staff, including Fiz. Now look at how many PGs we have on the roster. Now take a look at who we drafted. This is startingng to look like a PG trade study....or a challenge.....See if they can turn one of these PGs into an NBA starter.

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

BTW....Burke is the only guard on the roster with a combination of PG handles and SG offense.

Not sleeping on Burke at all....I was calling for him to start while he was sitting on the bench waiting his turn. In my eyes, he should be our starting pg next yr...Last year, Burke showed more of a scorer's mentality when coming off that pick and roll....He would pull up for the mid-range which was money, but with Robinson, at times he needs to penetrate a step deeper and recognize Robinson rolling to the hoop...

Exactly....

Burke is the mid range version of Trey Young. Hopefully with a solid year last year and a slew of PG coaches on hand, he should be able to work well with bigs, since we never had that type. KP did it a little, but more with his pick and pop game. Mitchell is the type that can get you easy transition buckets. The goal is to allow Mitchell to take the tough assignments of using his fouls or banging against big, saving KP from too much physical contact, as he works his way back.

I have high hopes that between Trey Burke and Mudiay....one of those guys will take a few steps forward....throw in Frank as well, since he's now a positionless player under Fiz.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2018  3:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:When you truly think about it, how can you grade a draft when no one has even pick up a basketball..

I had to think about that for min because we're all rating something on potential, which means Eddy Curry had the potential to be Shaq

Knicks taking young guy with high ceilings. This freaks out low imagination fans like 1248. Eddy was not taken 36th. Knox is 18. I see a pattern. Knicks are building with a process, not reactive.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/23/2018  3:53 PM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:If you watch the press conference, notice how Perry said we had some intel from former NBA players working close to Robinson. People in my circle of friends still don't believe me what I tell them I play with all these former NBA players and current football players. So when Perry said that, I already knew a few guys that probably gave him some insight.

I know his former girlfriend, and she broke it down for me. He didn't run with the weed smokers in the gym and for the most part, was on the side working out. But the pickup games he played in was during a time when most pro athletes go.....Thats when I saw him in person. But when he said he works out 9-5, thats bull.....but you have to try and say something positive. He has a LONG WAY to go in the maturity column. I hope he works out....I played with some bone head should've been in the NBA type players all the time. Few stick like Gilbert Areanas (played against him in AZ)....others don't.

I'm 45 now...still play with semi pro athletes, nba former players and young up and coming athletes. But don't get it twisted....I had a 3 yr window of a chance (age 28-33 late bloomer) to play in an nba summer league by invite from a former nba player at that time. Now I'm only around these guys because of my gym.....Expensive as hell, but it's the top choice for ALL PRO ATHLETES. If you are ever in plano or allen texas, I get free passes all the time as a memeber.

I'm in Dallas...which gym in Plano...lifetime?
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/23/2018  6:01 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Robinson has $100M size & athleticism but $1 maturity & fundamentals.

Hopefully we can bring the $1 up to the $10M range over next few years. Reminds me of Stromile Swift.

This is so incredibly unfair and ridiculous: 1) how do you even know anything about his fundamentals? Based on a high school all-star game from over a year ago? 2) What level of "maturity" were you expecting from an 18 year old? You probably would've made the same statement out Kevin Garnett based on the circumstances that led to him skipping college and entering the NBA draft. Johnny Manziel is $1 maturity. A kid getting caught up in typical recruiting drama (i.e. head coach takes another job, assistant coach he's close to leaves, second thoughts about wanting to go to a school, etc.) hardly qualifies as "$1 maturity."

Players getting arrested, deciding to get high/drunk or beating up women prior to joining the league are examples of "$1 maturity."

Welpee

6/23/2018  6:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  6:08 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

There were a ton of people sleeping on Burke when he was lighting up the G-league last season. People on this board were begging the Knicks to at least give the kid a look and he was dismissed as garbage by several people.

I think at minimum Burke can be an excellent off the bench spark. He seems to have put his life on the right track and I wouldn't be surprised if he performs even better than he did last season. That's why I wasn't all that hyped about us drafting Tre Young. I feel like we may have a version of Young already on the team.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  6:36 PM
brade07 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Dotson 24
Burke 25
Hardaway 26
Knox 18
Robinson 20
T. Williams 23
NTILIKINA 19
Mudiay 22

Porzingis?

of course...i was listing players who will be playing this season.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  7:25 PM
FO is definitely making me happy with all the right moves in the last 12 months. remember the KP skipping exit interview? that was like 12 months ago, since then we have hired Perry, Fizdale, Craig Robinson, brought in all kinds of development coaches, and lets not forget...traded the untradeable Melo for youth and less salary, drafted young players...with upside, and brought players in developed through G-League
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/23/2018  10:07 PM
Welpee wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Robinson has $100M size & athleticism but $1 maturity & fundamentals.

Hopefully we can bring the $1 up to the $10M range over next few years. Reminds me of Stromile Swift.

This is so incredibly unfair and ridiculous: 1) how do you even know anything about his fundamentals? Based on a high school all-star game from over a year ago? 2) What level of "maturity" were you expecting from an 18 year old? You probably would've made the same statement out Kevin Garnett based on the circumstances that led to him skipping college and entering the NBA draft. Johnny Manziel is $1 maturity. A kid getting caught up in typical recruiting drama (i.e. head coach takes another job, assistant coach he's close to leaves, second thoughts about wanting to go to a school, etc.) hardly qualifies as "$1 maturity."

Players getting arrested, deciding to get high/drunk or beating up women prior to joining the league are examples of "$1 maturity."

Watch some of his actual HS game tape....BRUTAL fundamentals...I am talking about being clueless defensively, not bothering to cross half court on D. Funny part is he put up 44.

He has a very smooth long distance stroke.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2018  2:32 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Watch some of his actual HS game tape....BRUTAL fundamentals...I am talking about being clueless defensively, not bothering to cross half court on D. Funny part is he put up 44.

He has a very smooth long distance stroke.

The most thorough scouting site for high school/NCAA players is The Stepien. Nothing you are saying aligns with their assessment based on scouting Robinson. I woukd copy their assessment but I can only post the link.
https://www.thestepien.com/mitchell-robinson
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2018  8:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  8:36 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Well both KP and Mitchell won't be needed to play full time center since Kanter will be our full time center next year so Mitchell has a full year to work on his game and put weight on. I'm sure he's still gonna get some playing time with the Knicks since Fiz already said he's good with playing the young guys but he needs to play plenty of g-league as well.

Knicks still need a thicker bodied frontcourt player. I really wish Hardaway jr. wasn't signed because I would love to make an offer to Randle. I would of offered Kanter money. Not sure if that would of gotten it done but that dude is the perfect compliment to KP.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/24/2018  10:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Knicks still need a thicker bodied frontcourt player. I really wish Hardaway jr. wasn't signed because I would love to make an offer to Randle. I would of offered Kanter money. Not sure if that would of gotten it done but that dude is the perfect compliment to KP.

I do wonder where Randle will end up if the Lakers have to renounce him- if you look at the team's with cap space on the Kanter thread, I think the only teams that might be interested would be the Mavs (if they don't land a C, possibly the sixers or hawks. He could get caught out this off season

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2018  11:26 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:When you truly think about it, how can you grade a draft when no one has even pick up a basketball..

Knicks taking young guy with high ceilings. This freaks out low imagination fans like 1248. Eddy was not taken 36th. Knox is 18. I see a pattern. Knicks are building with a process, not reactive.

This has been a GREAT 4 year period of drafting! I can’t believe some fans don’t recognize just how high the level of talent we’ve drafted actually is! Yes we have to see them develop and mature but in terms of actual raw talent level these are all really good Prospects. This regime has done well and added to the quality draft picks the last regime made!!!

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/24/2018  1:36 PM
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

There were a ton of people sleeping on Burke when he was lighting up the G-league last season. People on this board were begging the Knicks to at least give the kid a look and he was dismissed as garbage by several people.

I think at minimum Burke can be an excellent off the bench spark. He seems to have put his life on the right track and I wouldn't be surprised if he performs even better than he did last season. That's why I wasn't all that hyped about us drafting Tre Young. I feel like we may have a version of Young already on the team.

I was one of the ones supporting T.Burke the whole way and still do and think he's still being way underestimated by many Knicks fans. I think he'd be a great backup PG but could easily start as well if you put the right players around him. I don't see him as a version of T.Young though and more like a Kemba Walker type and actually think he can do anything Kemba can do if a team gave him kind of minutes/playing time that Kemba gets.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/24/2018  1:41 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

I'm 100% with you on J.Randle and would love to have him to play next to KP. They both can play the 4 and the 5 to. I wanted him or C.Capela but unfortunately both are RFA's so both will be hard to get for any team. M.Robinson is being compared to many big men but i'm 100% with Fiz on comparing him to Capela. It's up to Fiz and our coaching staff and most importantly M.Robinson if he becomes a C.Capela type now.

Welpee

6/24/2018  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  1:52 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

I was one of the ones supporting T.Burke the whole way and still do and think he's still being way underestimated by many Knicks fans. I think he'd be a great backup PG but could easily start as well if you put the right players around him. I don't see him as a version of T.Young though and more like a Kemba Walker type and actually think he can do anything Kemba can do if a team gave him kind of minutes/playing time that Kemba gets.

What I mean by version is a undersized point guard who can get buckets, not necessarily comparing specific skill sets. But I would be thrilled if he becomes Kemba-like.
I give the Knicks draft and Front Office an A

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy