[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I give the Knicks draft and Front Office an A
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  1:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  1:50 AM
Sure we could have gotten an unprotected pick 3 years down the line from Miami like Philly did. But just remember that even THAT is not guaranteed to land a top player. Darko Milicic comes to mind, he was an unprotected pick that Detroit got from someone and they completely ****ed it up.

We have a Front Office, that swung for high ceiling talented players. Kevin Knox kept rising up the draft board for a reason and Porter kept falling for a reason. Dont for a second think that the best player in the draft will be Ayton. There's always some guy who leap frogs to become rookie of the year.

The Knicks got better last night. At the very least, we have someone with Mikal Bridges shooting talent in Knox and the very most...a Kevin Durant type who still has time to create a superlative handle.

Mitchell Robinson...the talent is there and if ESPN says he was a top 3 center, getting him at #36... I'll take it

Not only that, we signed Allonzo Trier, locked our 2 young G-League players and we have 4 youngsters working out together over the summer. And we hired coaches with player development backgrounds.

I'd say we are well on our way to becoming the Spurs of the East with our diligence in not just drafting but all aspects of front office management.

I also liked how Mills and Perry shielded the youngsters from some tough questions that they had problems answering.
Dotson looking like freakin Rocky Balboa and Frank growing taller and working on his game. THJr getting reps in, probably feeling the heat from the competition on the team. What's not to like...we are clearly building a hardworking and eventually winning culture.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  1:17 AM
This. Also, the front office drafted players the coach wanted. A front office and a coach with the same vision for the team is something functional teams have.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  1:45 AM
Dotson 24
Burke 25
Hardaway 26
Knox 18
Robinson 20
T. Williams 23
NTILIKINA 19
Mudiay 22
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/23/2018  3:27 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Sure we could have gotten an unprotected pick 3 years down the line from Miami like Philly did. But just remember that even THAT is not guaranteed to land a top player. Darko Milicic comes to mind, he was an unprotected pick that Detroit got from someone and they completely ****ed it up.

We have a Front Office, that swung for high ceiling talented players. Kevin Knox kept rising up the draft board for a reason and Porter kept falling for a reason. Dont for a second think that the best player in the draft will be Ayton. There's always some guy who leap frogs to become rookie of the year.

The Knicks got better last night. At the very least, we have someone with Mikal Bridges shooting talent in Knox and the very most...a Kevin Durant type who still has time to create a superlative handle.

Mitchell Robinson...the talent is there and if ESPN says he was a top 3 center, getting him at #36... I'll take it

Not only that, we signed Allonzo Trier, locked our 2 young G-League players and we have 4 youngsters working out together over the summer. And we hired coaches with player development backgrounds.

I'd say we are well on our way to becoming the Spurs of the East with our diligence in not just drafting but all aspects of front office management.

I also liked how Mills and Perry shielded the youngsters from some tough questions that they had problems answering.
Dotson looking like freakin Rocky Balboa and Frank growing taller and working on his game. THJr getting reps in, probably feeling the heat from the competition on the team. What's not to like...we are clearly building a hardworking and eventually winning culture.

Remember the draft odds are changing, so just because a team sucks it won't guarantee them a top pick as much as it did before. At the same time a team thats not too bad could end up with a top 3. I've no idea if that makes picks like Miami's more or less valuable, but I think it will stop teams in future form not protecting their pick.

brade07
Member: #7541
Australia
6/23/2018  4:20 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Dotson 24
Burke 25
Hardaway 26
Knox 18
Robinson 20
T. Williams 23
NTILIKINA 19
Mudiay 22

Porzingis?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/23/2018  9:58 AM
Can’t wait to see a line up of the future.

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

I think we struck gold in this years draft Knox has a real chance to be a star in this league, Robinson was the third best talent behind Deandre and Bamba coming out of high school he too might become a foundational player.

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

One can only hope that’s how good our draft picks work out. look how it worked out for the Yankees, again fingers crossed

blkexec
Member: #748
6/23/2018  10:01 AM
If you watch the press conference, notice how Perry said we had some intel from former NBA players working close to Robinson. People in my circle of friends still don't believe me what I tell them I play with all these former NBA players and current football players. So when Perry said that, I already knew a few guys that probably gave him some insight.

I know his former girlfriend, and she broke it down for me. He didn't run with the weed smokers in the gym and for the most part, was on the side working out. But the pickup games he played in was during a time when most pro athletes go.....Thats when I saw him in person. But when he said he works out 9-5, thats bull.....but you have to try and say something positive. He has a LONG WAY to go in the maturity column. I hope he works out....I played with some bone head should've been in the NBA type players all the time. Few stick like Gilbert Areanas (played against him in AZ)....others don't.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
6/23/2018  10:07 AM
blkexec wrote:If you watch the press conference, notice how Perry said we had some intel from former NBA players working close to Robinson. People in my circle of friends still don't believe me what I tell them I play with all these former NBA players and current football players. So when Perry said that, I already knew a few guys that probably gave him some insight.

I know his former girlfriend, and she broke it down for me. He didn't run with the weed smokers in the gym and for the most part, was on the side working out. But the pickup games he played in was during a time when most pro athletes go.....Thats when I saw him in person. But when he said he works out 9-5, thats bull.....but you have to try and say something positive. He has a LONG WAY to go in the maturity column. I hope he works out....I played with some bone head should've been in the NBA type players all the time. Few stick like Gilbert Areanas (played against him in AZ)....others don't.

I'm 45 now...still play with semi pro athletes, nba former players and young up and coming athletes. But don't get it twisted....I had a 3 yr window of a chance (age 28-33 late bloomer) to play in an nba summer league by invite from a former nba player at that time. Now I'm only around these guys because of my gym.....Expensive as hell, but it's the top choice for ALL PRO ATHLETES. If you are ever in plano or allen texas, I get free passes all the time as a memeber.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
6/23/2018  10:18 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Can’t wait to see a line up of the future.

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

I think we struck gold in this years draft Knox has a real chance to be a star in this league, Robinson was the third best talent behind Deandre and Bamba coming out of high school he too might become a foundational player.

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

One can only hope that’s how good our draft picks work out. look how it worked out for the Yankees, again fingers crossed

My only concern is Robinson is similar to KP on defense. Both players are not ready for full time center against strong defenders. BUT....If I was coaching, I rather have Robinson at center, with KP helping. And to have a 6'9 Knox as your SF, it's as simple as together they are stronger, and can make up for any lack of strength, with their length.

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Thats a lot of height that most teams will have to go against. If we play a team with limited jump shooters, it's over. KP and Mitchell are legit shot blockers.....If he sticks, I can see this combination of players deadly on both ends. Mitchell needs to work on offense, but he can be that clean up, blind side defense / lob guy right now. Summer league will really determine Mitchells fate....Best case right now is G league first.

I went to the gym consistently at lunch when they play ball and only saw him a few times....maybe 3. So when he said I workout 9-5....yeah ok. lol...you can fool the press all you want....I hope he matures quick....NY will chew him up if he doesnt develop fast (unfortunately). So far I think he did well answering those questions. Not worried about Knox....Calipari and Kentucky prepares future NBA players well. I can see a Kentucky to Knicks pipeline developing, based on clues from the press conference.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2018  10:43 AM
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

My only concern is Robinson is similar to KP on defense. Both players are not ready for full time center against strong defenders. BUT....If I was coaching, I rather have Robinson at center, with KP helping. And to have a 6'9 Knox as your SF, it's as simple as together they are stronger, and can make up for any lack of strength, with their length.

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Thats a lot of height that most teams will have to go against. If we play a team with limited jump shooters, it's over. KP and Mitchell are legit shot blockers.....If he sticks, I can see this combination of players deadly on both ends. Mitchell needs to work on offense, but he can be that clean up, blind side defense / lob guy right now. Summer league will really determine Mitchells fate....Best case right now is G league first.

I went to the gym consistently at lunch when they play ball and only saw him a few times....maybe 3. So when he said I workout 9-5....yeah ok. lol...you can fool the press all you want....I hope he matures quick....NY will chew him up if he doesnt develop fast (unfortunately). So far I think he did well answering those questions. Not worried about Knox....Calipari and Kentucky prepares future NBA players well. I can see a Kentucky to Knicks pipeline developing, based on clues from the press conference.

His limited offensive skills is why I say its important that we get a real playmaker in the backcourt that can help Robinson excel in his strengths which is catching lobs and finishing similar to Tyson Chandler....Hopefully Trey Burke can be that playmaker we need....Mos Def love the idea of a Kentucky pipeline....Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns had way more offensive skills in the the bag than they showed in college. Coach Cal mentioned that Knox has skills than he showed in college...We will see...

blkexec
6/23/2018  10:57 AM
Mitchell Robinson was projected to go at 26. Knox was at 15 I think. Link below.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/nba-mock-draft-a-huge-knicks-gamble-and-a-towering-top-3/

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2018  11:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  11:03 AM
blkexec wrote:Mitchell Robinson was projected to go at 26. Knox was at 15 I think. Link below.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/nba-mock-draft-a-huge-knicks-gamble-and-a-towering-top-3/

NBADraft.net had Knox going 9 to the Knicks several days before the draft...They had Robinson going 39 to the Lakers...they were pretty much on the money with alot of the earlier picks...

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  11:05 AM
Posted it in another thread. The Wizards were reported to want Robinson at 15 in an article from the end of May. The Lakers at that time were rumored to have given Robinson a promise with the 25th pick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
6/23/2018  12:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Posted it in another thread. The Wizards were reported to want Robinson at 15 in an article from the end of May. The Lakers at that time were rumored to have given Robinson a promise with the 25th pick.

I remember that about the Lakers at 25....who did they select instead?

Didn't know the Wizards had him that high. But can you blame them? He stood out in the Jordan Classic which was at the Garden....So I bet all east coast teams had him on their radar for a while.

I'm not worried about Michell....since he was pick 36. The only direction for him to go is up. All he has to do is get back to back blocks and make a dunk. THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE THREADS ON HIM. Thats his game....his natural abilities. He's tall and light, with long legs like a deer....Shorter upper body....strange build. But thats why he looks so slow in person, like everything was easy...and he wasn't going hard. Will be interesting to see him in summer league against guys his height. In my gym, there was nobody else his height...most are 6'5 or 6'8 range bigs...

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/23/2018  12:41 PM
I will be surprised if he doesn't start his career off in the G-league. Have to look at him as a long term prospect. Who will need lots of PT to get a better feel for the game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
6/23/2018  12:54 PM
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

His limited offensive skills is why I say its important that we get a real playmaker in the backcourt that can help Robinson excel in his strengths which is catching lobs and finishing similar to Tyson Chandler....Hopefully Trey Burke can be that playmaker we need....Mos Def love the idea of a Kentucky pipeline....Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns had way more offensive skills in the the bag than they showed in college. Coach Cal mentioned that Knox has skills than he showed in college...We will see...

Don't know why, but people are really sleeping on Trey Burke. This guy is my exact size, so I understand when you have a combination of speed, first step, with a mid range. Yes, he's a backup talent...But his strength is being a playmaker. If you watch, he can basically score from anywhere on the court, especially mid range. So he's always putting pressure on the defense. Now we add Knox who can play on or off the ball....Something I wish Melo could do.

I think in the beginning of the season, people will be very surprised at how successful we might start the season. Look how many former PGs we have on the staff, including Fiz. Now look at how many PGs we have on the roster. Now take a look at who we drafted. This is startingng to look like a PG trade study....or a challenge.....See if they can turn one of these PGs into an NBA starter.

Mudiay
Frank
Burke
THj
Lee
Dotson
Trier

We have a glut of PGs and SGs.....Positionless??

I think about 10 years ago, I said the NBA will be just Guards and Forwards

BTW....Burke is the only guard on the roster with a combination of PG handles and SG offense.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/23/2018  1:22 PM
I think they get an A for the draft. They got some nice players - good mix of risk/upside and floor.

I wanted NO part of Porter. Gallo has had a decent career, but what percentage of games has he played? 50%?

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/23/2018  1:52 PM
blkexec wrote:

Frank
Dotson
Knox
KP
Robinson

Bench:
Burke,Mudiay
Thjr,Baker
Troy,hicks
Beasley, ?
Kanter, Kornet

KP 7'3
Mitchell 7'0
Knox 6'9

Well both KP and Mitchell won't be needed to play full time center since Kanter will be our full time center next year so Mitchell has a full year to work on his game and put weight on. I'm sure he's still gonna get some playing time with the Knicks since Fiz already said he's good with playing the young guys but he needs to play plenty of g-league as well.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/23/2018  1:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Posted it in another thread. The Wizards were reported to want Robinson at 15 in an article from the end of May. The Lakers at that time were rumored to have given Robinson a promise with the 25th pick.

I remember that about the Lakers at 25....who did they select instead?

Didn't know the Wizards had him that high. But can you blame them? He stood out in the Jordan Classic which was at the Garden....So I bet all east coast teams had him on their radar for a while.

I'm not worried about Michell....since he was pick 36. The only direction for him to go is up. All he has to do is get back to back blocks and make a dunk. THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE THREADS ON HIM. Thats his game....his natural abilities. He's tall and light, with long legs like a deer....Shorter upper body....strange build. But thats why he looks so slow in person, like everything was easy...and he wasn't going hard. Will be interesting to see him in summer league against guys his height. In my gym, there was nobody else his height...most are 6'5 or 6'8 range bigs...

Lakers still took a big man at 25 in Mo Wagner.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/23/2018  2:10 PM
Robinson has $100M size & athleticism but $1 maturity & fundamentals.

Hopefully we can bring the $1 up to the $10M range over next few years. Reminds me of Stromile Swift.

I give the Knicks draft and Front Office an A

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy