[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/23/2018  1:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

yes every comment from you after the draft has been all about patience.

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this
and hope he does well.

Usually find role players in the second round who dont move the needle. The team needs a massive infusion of talent. Dont mind Perry/Mills taking a chance (granted a big one) on a player some scouts believe could be a special player if he gets his act together. Robinson keeps backing out of situations. Maybe feeling like he has a home in NY, with the Knicks, will remove that issue. Pretty sure they're working on that.

At worst KP has might have someone in practice who can keep him on his toes.

Correct, and I don't have a problem with other people liking the draft. But personally I would have gone for the higher percentage move. Apparently expressing that means you get trolled by Crushalot.

Since you brought it up, maybe its your choice of words to describe our new additions that seemed geared more towards them personally, than what you believe they do, or dont bring to the table as players.

I called Robinson a dimwit for not being able to stay in college. If Crushalot thinks that's a personal attack on Robinson's talent's or on Crushalot's "feelings" that's on him. This why these forums become a drag, people start policing regular English words and ascribing previously unsuspected meaning to them.

BTW this the first thing I read about the guy

Mitchell Robinson, who enrolled in Western Kentucky but never played (by choice), was drafted in the second round by New York on Thursday – (36th overall) – representing an intriguing talent with many concerns, both about his game and character.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-mitchell-robinson-knicks-draft-20180621-story.html

Disrespecting kids for their life choices doesnt really get into the spirit of things. Not when they're about to join the team.

Not saying to we should never have choice words for players, but maybe wait until they have done something as a Knick to earn it.

Not about being politically correct, more about an esprit de corps, as fans. Admittedly tough to maintain on the internet, where everything is fragmented.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  1:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this
and hope he does well.

Usually find role players in the second round who dont move the needle. The team needs a massive infusion of talent. Dont mind Perry/Mills taking a chance (granted a big one) on a player some scouts believe could be a special player if he gets his act together. Robinson keeps backing out of situations. Maybe feeling like he has a home in NY, with the Knicks, will remove that issue. Pretty sure they're working on that.

Correct, and I don't have a problem with other people liking the draft. But personally I would have gone for the higher percentage move. Apparently expressing that means you get trolled by Crushalot.

Since you brought it up, maybe its your choice of words to describe our new additions that seemed geared more towards them personally, than what you believe they do, or dont bring to the table as players.

I called Robinson a dimwit for not being able to stay in college. If Crushalot thinks that's a personal attack on Robinson's talent's or on Crushalot's "feelings" that's on him. This why these forums become a drag, people start policing regular English words and ascribing previously unsuspected meaning to them.

Mitchell Robinson, who enrolled in Western Kentucky but never played (by choice), was drafted in the second round by New York on Thursday – (36th overall) – representing an intriguing talent with many concerns, both about his game and character.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-mitchell-robinson-knicks-draft-20180621-story.html

I think it shows your ignorance about this prospect. All of the information is out there if you take the time research it in regards to what happened with him at school. Most of it has been posted here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/23/2018  1:29 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this kid
and hope he does well.

Sounds like all you're really doing is setting yourself up to look good whether the kid ends up a bust or a good player, and trying to say you can give a kid a F grade but still believe in his talent or that he has talent is pretty funny.

Here's another thing. If someone doesn't make a binary choice about predicting the future it doesn't mean that person wants to take credit for either result. It may actually mean the person doesnt see everything as a yes or no question and aporeciates that even low probability outcome are possible. The kid is a Knick, I want him to succeed and I don't care if that makes me wrong.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  1:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Disrespecting kids for their life choices doesnt really get into the spirit of things. Not when they're about to join the team.

Not saying to we should never have choice words for players, but maybe wait until they have done something as a Knick to earn it.

Not about being politically correct, more about an esprit de corps, as fans. Admittedly tough to maintain on the internet, where everything is fragmented.

Its not disrespect to say dropping out of college is stupid. But u are entitled to your opinion

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/23/2018  2:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Its not disrespect to say dropping out of college is stupid. But u are entitled to your opinion

If you had put it that way, you probably wouldnt have heard any objections. Not what you said, but how you said it. And thats all Im gonna say.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  2:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

I think it shows your ignorance about this prospect. All of the information is out there if you take the time research it in regards to what happened with him at school. Most of it has been posted here.

Because someone has a different point of view makes them ignorant, and you are coming across as real mature.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  2:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

If you had put it that way, you probably wouldnt have heard any objections. Not what you said, but how you said it. And thats all Im gonna say.

Whatever dude.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2018  3:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Because someone has a different point of view makes them ignorant, and you are coming across as real mature.

Crush has been the mature one here, you have not

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  7:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this kid
and hope he does well.

great. thanks. and please...continue to have zero patience for the FO, would like to see what impact that has, since you are definitely in the minority.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

6/23/2018  7:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

i guess steve jobs, michael dell, bill gates, zuckerberg, ted turner, ralph lauren, paul allen, oprah, are all stupid regardless of their innate acumen.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/24/2018  8:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  8:51 AM
Interesting.....the 2017 HS player rankings and now how they were drafted after 1 year in college. In this list they left off Bagley who was #1 on a number of polls and MPJr #2. Almost all of the lottery picks in the recent draft were in the top rankings in their HS class.
Comparing Porter with Mitchell Robinson - they both basically took off their freshman year in college and didn't play basketball. (Yes, it was for different reasons and I know Porter played 2 games hurt). Since most or all of the players listed before Robinson (1 to 7 + Bagley) have done well in college and are projected to do well in the NBA, I see no reason why Robinson also can't turn out to be a very good player. The Knicks made a very astute pick with Robinson at #36. A very good gamble on a player who could/should become a starter in the NBA.

USA TODAY Sports' 2017 Composite Boys Basketball Player Recruiting rankings
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/usa-today-sports-2017-composite-boys-basketball-player-recruiting-rankings

Rank Player
1 Michael Porter Jr.
2 Mohamed Bamba
3 DeAndre Ayton
T4 Wendell Carter Jr.
T4 Trevon Duval
T4 Collin Sexton
7 Jaren Jackson
8 Mitchell Robinson
9 Kevin Knox
10 Troy Brown Jr.
11 Jarred Vanderbilt
12 Brandon McCoy
13 P.J. Washington
14 Lonnie Walker
15 Gary Trent Jr.
16 Nick Richards
17 Brian Bowen
18 Billy Preston
19 Kris Wilkes
20 Jaylen Hands
21 Trae Young
22 Quade Green
23 Malik Williams
24 M.J. Walker
25 Nick Weatherspoon
26 Jalek Felton
T27 John Petty
T27 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
29 Paul Scruggs
30 Lindell Wigginton

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/24/2018  11:57 AM
Markji wrote:Interesting.....the 2017 HS player rankings and now how they were drafted after 1 year in college. In this list they left off Bagley who was #1 on a number of polls and MPJr #2. Almost all of the lottery picks in the recent draft were in the top rankings in their HS class.
Comparing Porter with Mitchell Robinson - they both basically took off their freshman year in college and didn't play basketball. (Yes, it was for different reasons and I know Porter played 2 games hurt). Since most or all of the players listed before Robinson (1 to 7 + Bagley) have done well in college and are projected to do well in the NBA, I see no reason why Robinson also can't turn out to be a very good player. The Knicks made a very astute pick with Robinson at #36. A very good gamble on a player who could/should become a starter in the NBA.

USA TODAY Sports' 2017 Composite Boys Basketball Player Recruiting rankings
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/usa-today-sports-2017-composite-boys-basketball-player-recruiting-rankings

Rank Player
1 Michael Porter Jr.
2 Mohamed Bamba
3 DeAndre Ayton
T4 Wendell Carter Jr.
T4 Trevon Duval
T4 Collin Sexton
7 Jaren Jackson
8 Mitchell Robinson
9 Kevin Knox
10 Troy Brown Jr.
11 Jarred Vanderbilt
12 Brandon McCoy
13 P.J. Washington
14 Lonnie Walker
15 Gary Trent Jr.
16 Nick Richards
17 Brian Bowen
18 Billy Preston
19 Kris Wilkes
20 Jaylen Hands
21 Trae Young
22 Quade Green
23 Malik Williams
24 M.J. Walker
25 Nick Weatherspoon
26 Jalek Felton
T27 John Petty
T27 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
29 Paul Scruggs
30 Lindell Wigginton

Wow just hit me Trevon Duval didn't get drafted. Signed a Summer League deal with the Rockets, He is worth a gamble.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/24/2018  12:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Meh! Why be salty about it? Everything is a gamble. No guarantees. This was a good roll of the 🎲 so no point ragging the pick cuz it was a good risk.

Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about something. Negative is the new positive.

Nice. I am not happy because there were other players I would have picked ahead of him. So eat if everything is a gamble? Do you always gamble on the longest odds? This guy probably wouldn't have gotten drafted.
The Lakers traded for the 39th pick to draft him. The Stephen had him ranked as the 19th best prospect in this class. He is too talented and blessed physically to not get drafted. It is definitely worth your time to know what you are talking about before making proclamations. Grade F draft dreadful. Idiot wind...

This maybe too difficult for your limited comprehension, but..

I haven't said anything that claims he doesn't have talent, though that seems to be the only response you are capable of. The draft grade can be an F because of who was not taken and not be a commentary on who was taken. We had a high second rounder and took a guy with no actual record against college level competition. The guy could be the next Rasheed Wallace or Camby it would still be a grade F pick. Anyone can get lucky playing the longest odds that doesn't make it the right thing to do. When playing long odds the ends DON'T justify the means.

Wow what a pompous jackass you are.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/24/2018  12:32 PM
I think the thing to remember is that this was a second round pick...a relatively low probability endeavor in the first place. Second is that this guy was a 5 star recruit. That adds up to this being a good pick. It may well turn into nothing, we'll see.
meloshouldgo

6/24/2018  2:37 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

i guess steve jobs, michael dell, bill gates, zuckerberg, ted turner, ralph lauren, paul allen, oprah, are all stupid regardless of their innate acumen.

For every name in that list their are 100s of thousands of dropouts that ended up flipping burgers and sweeping floors. You are betting Robinson is as smart as Steve Jobs and your odds are about the same as winning the powerball, good luck with that.
meloshouldgo

6/24/2018  2:39 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Meh! Why be salty about it? Everything is a gamble. No guarantees. This was a good roll of the 🎲 so no point ragging the pick cuz it was a good risk.

Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about something. Negative is the new positive.

Nice. I am not happy because there were other players I would have picked ahead of him. So eat if everything is a gamble? Do you always gamble on the longest odds? This guy probably wouldn't have gotten drafted.
The Lakers traded for the 39th pick to draft him. The Stephen had him ranked as the 19th best prospect in this class. He is too talented and blessed physically to not get drafted. It is definitely worth your time to know what you are talking about before making proclamations. Grade F draft dreadful. Idiot wind...

This maybe too difficult for your limited comprehension, but..

I haven't said anything that claims he doesn't have talent, though that seems to be the only response you are capable of. The draft grade can be an F because of who was not taken and not be a commentary on who was taken. We had a high second rounder and took a guy with no actual record against college level competition. The guy could be the next Rasheed Wallace or Camby it would still be a grade F pick. Anyone can get lucky playing the longest odds that doesn't make it the right thing to do. When playing long odds the ends DON'T justify the means.

Wow what a pompous jackass you are.

When someone goes out of their way to misrepresent what I write over and over again, they'll hear it from me. If that makes you think, I am a jackass, you're welcome.

meloshouldgo

6/24/2018  2:42 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Crush has been the mature one here, you have not

That's your opinion, I disagree.

Cartman718

6/24/2018  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2018  9:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

For every name in that list their are 100s of thousands of dropouts that ended up flipping burgers and sweeping floors. You are betting Robinson is as smart as Steve Jobs and your odds are about the same as winning the powerball, good luck with that.

i am not betting that robinson is as smart as steve jobs. i am hoping that robinson is as smart at basketball as steve jobs was at innovation. i could really give 2 ****s about how business savvy, educated etc etc robinson is. i am not his parent.

reub
Member: #6227

6/24/2018  9:11 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Robinson was young, socially awkward and far away from home. I can understand him dropping out. It has nothing to do with how he will perform as a pro with a guy like Fiz to mentor him. Let's give him a chance.
meloshouldgo

6/25/2018  6:09 PM
reub wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Robinson was young, socially awkward and far away from home. I can understand him dropping out. It has nothing to do with how he will perform as a pro with a guy like Fiz to mentor him. Let's give him a chance.

I am totally behind him and I want him to succeed.

I made one comment which has now been taken way out of context and turned into an ad hominem attack against me by at least eight or nine different people. I no longer wish to discuss this.

Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy