[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  8:45 AM
http://https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/22/team-team-draft-reactions/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
6/23/2018  9:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:http://https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/22/team-team-draft-reactions/

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/23/2018  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  10:29 AM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:http://https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/22/team-team-draft-reactions/

This link works
https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/22/team-team-draft-reactions/

I like the Robinson pick - why not give him a chance and see if he can get his head back on straight. He physically can play basketball. The previous article explained his WKY episodes but I would like to hear why he skipped the Combine.

Knox - I hope he does well and will root for him 100%. My first choice at #9 was Mikal Bridges but I still root for the Knicks first. So Knox it is.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2018  10:31 AM
Panos wrote:What is this list? Why does it say 2017?

This is the ESPN list of the top 100 High School prospects of 2017....This list was put together just before most of these draft picks went to college this past season...

CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  10:38 AM
blkexec wrote:

Thanks. Posting from my phone and had a hard time getting the link right.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/23/2018  10:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:
blkexec wrote:I've been blessed to play with a few NBA players, in lots of states like AZ, Boston. I warned yall Jordan Hill wasn't that good....turns out he might be worst than Mitchell.....and he was a lottery pick.

Mitchell has the same star potential as anybody in this draft, because of his physical tools. Same with Knox. My boy in AZ said Tierr (sp?) was their lead guard and go to guard on U of A....but might be undersized at the 2. The advantage of Fizdales positionless basketball culture / system, players like this can shine, if they can score, and he's a scorer.

As long as our rookies all have the same star potential as everybody else in this draft, there's nothing else I could ask from this new regime. They put in the work and interviewed everybody, was in trade rumors, all kinds of stuff.
Funny how with Phil, everything was quiet. mmmmmmmm. Perry putting in work. Fiz trying to show out. It's NY, they know brights lights will always stay on them. I have no complaints so far.

Roll the dice from this point.

I still don't understand why we drafted Jordan Hill- from day one it was clear to the coaching staff he was lazy/low intensity, how did they not pick that up pre-draft. It just felt like made no effort what so ever for him.

Didnt seem to have a plan B after Curry. The org. seemed more focused on LeBron and "the decision".

CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  10:50 AM
Robinson was projected to go as high as 15 a month ago. The Lakers were reported to have wanted him at 25 if he was still there.
https://www.chatsports.com/los-angeles-lakers/a/lakers-rumors-los-angeles-reportedly-issued-draft-promise-mitchell-robinson-38754
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/23/2018  11:48 AM
Andrew wrote:Everyone go look at second round draft history over the years. I think it averages to about 2 players per year that actually go on to make an inpact in the NBA. Just root for the kid and hope for the best.

I know its hilarious, guys on reddit were saying they would be disappointed if Robinson was as good as DeAndre Jordan

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/23/2018  11:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Robinson was projected to go as high as 15 a month ago. The Lakers were reported to have wanted him at 25 if he was still there.
https://www.chatsports.com/los-angeles-lakers/a/lakers-rumors-los-angeles-reportedly-issued-draft-promise-mitchell-robinson-38754

Aholes, promise a kid they will take him and they take someone else.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  11:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
blkexec wrote:I've been blessed to play with a few NBA players, in lots of states like AZ, Boston. I warned yall Jordan Hill wasn't that good....turns out he might be worst than Mitchell.....and he was a lottery pick.

Mitchell has the same star potential as anybody in this draft, because of his physical tools. Same with Knox. My boy in AZ said Tierr (sp?) was their lead guard and go to guard on U of A....but might be undersized at the 2. The advantage of Fizdales positionless basketball culture / system, players like this can shine, if they can score, and he's a scorer.

As long as our rookies all have the same star potential as everybody else in this draft, there's nothing else I could ask from this new regime. They put in the work and interviewed everybody, was in trade rumors, all kinds of stuff.
Funny how with Phil, everything was quiet. mmmmmmmm. Perry putting in work. Fiz trying to show out. It's NY, they know brights lights will always stay on them. I have no complaints so far.

Roll the dice from this point.

I still don't understand why we drafted Jordan Hill- from day one it was clear to the coaching staff he was lazy/low intensity, how did they not pick that up pre-draft. It just felt like made no effort what so ever for him.

Didnt seem to have a plan B after Curry. The org. seemed more focused on LeBron and "the decision".

The Dark Days. Glad this front office and coaching staff is in place.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/23/2018  11:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

Meh! Why be salty about it? Everything is a gamble. No guarantees. This was a good roll of the 🎲 so no point ragging the pick cuz it was a good risk.

Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about something. Negative is the new positive.

Nice. I am not happy because there were other players I would have picked ahead of him. So eat if everything is a gamble? Do you always gamble on the longest odds? This guy probably wouldn't have gotten drafted.
The Lakers traded for the 39th pick to draft him. The Stephen had him ranked as the 19th best prospect in this class. He is too talented and blessed physically to not get drafted. It is definitely worth your time to know what you are talking about before making proclamations. Grade F draft dreadful. Idiot wind...

This maybe too difficult for your limited comprehension, but..

I haven't said anything that claims he doesn't have talent, though that seems to be the only response you are capable of. The draft grade can be an F because of who was not taken and not be a commentary on who was taken. We had a high second rounder and took a guy with no actual record against college level competition. The guy could be the next Rasheed Wallace or Camby it would still be a grade F pick. Anyone can get lucky playing the longest odds that doesn't make it the right thing to do. When playing long odds the ends DON'T justify the means.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  11:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  12:03 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

yes every comment from you after the draft has been all about patience.

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this kid
and hope he does well.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  12:02 PM
Andrew wrote:Everyone go look at second round draft history over the years. I think it averages to about 2 players per year that actually go on to make an inpact in the NBA. Just root for the kid and hope for the best.

This is exactly why you should play the higher odds, to improve your chances.

GustavBahler

6/23/2018  12:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this
and hope he does well.

Usually find role players in the second round who dont move the needle. The team needs a massive infusion of talent. Dont mind Perry/Mills taking a chance (granted a big one) on a player some scouts believe could be a special player if he gets his act together. Robinson keeps backing out of situations. Maybe feeling like he has a home in NY, with the Knicks, will remove that issue. Pretty sure they're working on that.

At worst KP has might have someone in practice who can keep him on his toes.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  12:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this
and hope he does well.

Usually find role players in the second round who dont move the needle. The team needs a massive infusion of talent. Dont mind Perry/Mills taking a chance (granted a big one) on a player some scouts believe could be a special player if he gets his act together. Robinson keeps backing out of situations. Maybe feeling like he has a home in NY, with the Knicks, will remove that issue. Pretty sure they're working on that.

Correct, and I don't have a problem with other people liking the draft. But personally I would have gone for the higher percentage move. Apparently expressing that means you get trolled by Crushalot.

GustavBahler

6/23/2018  12:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Correct, and I don't have a problem with other people liking the draft. But personally I would have gone for the higher percentage move. Apparently expressing that means you get trolled by Crushalot.

Since you brought it up, maybe its your choice of words to describe our new additions that seemed geared more towards them personally, than what you believe they do, or dont bring to the table as players.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/23/2018  12:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:What is this list? Why does it say 2017?

because it was before the college season, the last one had Knox at 14, and Robinson at 21.

Robinson is really talented but what concerns me is good teams like the Celtics and Warriors passed on him. He seems much younger mentally than 18 from what I've seen. I'm not sure how the rest of the team will respond to him

Celtics passed on him because Robert Williams dropped to them and GSW probably already knows that they're gonna sign Dwight Howard after his buyout from the Nets.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/23/2018  12:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I have zero patience for the front office making the pick. I will definitely still support this kid
and hope he does well.

Sounds like all you're really doing is setting yourself up to look good whether the kid ends up a bust or a good player, and trying to say you can give a kid a F grade but still believe in his talent or that he has talent is pretty funny.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  12:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Since you brought it up, maybe its your choice of words to describe our new additions that seemed geared more towards them personally, than what you believe they do, or dont bring to the table as players.

I called Robinson a dimwit for not being able to stay in college. If Crushalot thinks that's a personal attack on Robinson's talent's or on Crushalot's "feelings" that's on him. This why these forums become a drag, people start policing regular English words and ascribing previously unsuspected meaning to them.

BTW this the first thing I read about the guy

Mitchell Robinson, who enrolled in Western Kentucky but never played (by choice), was drafted in the second round by New York on Thursday – (36th overall) – representing an intriguing talent with many concerns, both about his game and character.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-mitchell-robinson-knicks-draft-20180621-story.html

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  1:20 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

and hope he does well.

Sounds like all you're really doing is setting yourself up to look good whether the kid ends up a bust or a good player, and trying to say you can give a kid a F grade but still believe in his talent or that he has talent is pretty funny.

Then let me clarify again. I gave Perry an F for a low percentage move. Its called GRADING THE DRAFT. I didn't grade the kid, I said he showed poor judgment and low IQ by leaving college. I find people intentionally misinterpreting my words equally funny.

Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy