[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2018  8:40 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2017

Knox was the 2nd best Sf behind Porter and Robinson was the 3rd best C behind Ayton...

Highlights of the Jordan Allstar Game...Robinson was dunking everything (#24 on grey team).

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/22/2018  8:44 PM
Thats my man....I wish I spoke to him more....I thought he was going in the first round, but thats crazy. He's a solid pickup in todays league, under Fizdales up and down system. Runs like a deer....blocks shots and dunks. Every team needs this type of player off the bench to change up momentum.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Member: #1883

6/22/2018  8:49 PM
blkexec wrote:Thats my man....I wish I spoke to him more....I thought he was going in the first round, but thats crazy. He's a solid pickup in todays league, under Fizdales up and down system. Runs like a deer....blocks shots and dunks. Every team needs this type of player off the bench to change up momentum.

True...Thanks for the stories about your encounter with Robinson....I been watching a bunch of his highlights and I can mos-def see a Clint Capella comparison...He will need a play-making guard to bring out the best in him. I read that he's been working on a jumper...He will need it to get to the next level.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/22/2018  9:02 PM
Thank you for that. Robinson looks good against good competition.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/22/2018  9:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  9:44 PM
There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/22/2018  9:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:Thats my man....I wish I spoke to him more....I thought he was going in the first round, but thats crazy. He's a solid pickup in todays league, under Fizdales up and down system. Runs like a deer....blocks shots and dunks. Every team needs this type of player off the bench to change up momentum.

True...Thanks for the stories about your encounter with Robinson....I been watching a bunch of his highlights and I can mos-def see a Clint Capella comparison...He will need a play-making guard to bring out the best in him. I read that he's been working on a jumper...He will need it to get to the next level.

He looks like he has a really nice outside shot

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2018  10:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

Meh! Why be salty about it? Everything is a gamble. No guarantees. This was a good roll of the 🎲 so no point ragging the pick cuz it was a good risk.

Panos
Member: #520
6/22/2018  10:28 PM
What is this list? Why does it say 2017?
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/22/2018  11:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:There's no actual body of work. If it plays out line Blkexec says it will, I'll be is biggest fan. I am willing to be patient, but if he turns out to be a dumb prick then I'll definitely let him have it as well.

Meh! Why be salty about it? Everything is a gamble. No guarantees. This was a good roll of the 🎲 so no point ragging the pick cuz it was a good risk.

Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about something. Negative is the new positive.
meloshouldgo

6/22/2018  11:54 PM
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Some people aren't happy unless they're mad about something. Negative is the new positive.

Nice. I am not happy because there were other players I would have picked ahead of him. So eat if everything is a gamble? Do you always gamble on the longest odds? This guy probably wouldn't have gotten drafted.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
blkexec
6/23/2018  12:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  12:11 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Nice. I am not happy because there were other players I would have picked ahead of him. So eat if everything is a gamble? Do you always gamble on the longest odds? This guy probably wouldn't have gotten drafted.

Because I met him, I've been following him all year. And his draft projections was always late 1st round. Looks like Boston was thinking about taking him. He was also linked to the Lakers.

Synopsis: Robinson made a mess of his college situation by enrolling at Western Kentucky before, just two weeks later, leaving campus and asking for a release. Then the 7-foot center never actually enrolled in another school — meaning he did not play competitive basketball anywhere this past season. That’s neither ideal nor smart. And it’s possibly a red flag. But Robinson remains a lottery talent. And it would be just like Celtics general manager Danny Ainge to land a prospect of this caliber late in the first round and then turn him over to Brad Stevens, who might be exactly the type of coach Robinson requires to reach his potential.

Reid Forgrave, CBS Sports: Mitchell Robinson, C

Synopsis: A home-run swing no matter where he’s taken. And when you take a big swing, you can often strike out. Robinson is a helluva physical specimen, a hugely athletic 7-footer who is one of the best shot-blockers in a draft that has a few stellar ones. Robinson is a liability on the offensive end for now, but with some time in the G-League, this project could become a late-first-round gem. Or he could become absolutely nothing. There are so many red flags here: The disastrous collegiate situation where he committed to and then pulled out of Western Kentucky; the dumb decision of pulling out of the NBA combine at the last minute. But there’s no question about his momentous physical abilities; he’s right up there with the elite big men of this draft. Here’s to the possibility of the Brad Stevens culture reaching Robinson and helping him mature as a player and a person.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  12:24 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The Lakers traded for the 39th pick to draft him. The Stephen had him ranked as the 19th best prospect in this class. He is too talented and blessed physically to not get drafted. It is definitely worth your time to know what you are talking about before making proclamations. Grade F draft dreadful. Idiot wind...
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  12:33 AM

yes every comment from you after the draft has been all about patience.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
blkexec
6/23/2018  12:40 AM
I've been blessed to play with a few NBA players, in lots of states like AZ, Boston. I warned yall Jordan Hill wasn't that good....turns out he might be worst than Mitchell.....and he was a lottery pick.

Mitchell has the same star potential as anybody in this draft, because of his physical tools. Same with Knox. My boy in AZ said Tierr (sp?) was their lead guard and go to guard on U of A....but might be undersized at the 2. The advantage of Fizdales positionless basketball culture / system, players like this can shine, if they can score, and he's a scorer.

As long as our rookies all have the same star potential as everybody else in this draft, there's nothing else I could ask from this new regime. They put in the work and interviewed everybody, was in trade rumors, all kinds of stuff.
Funny how with Phil, everything was quiet. mmmmmmmm. Perry putting in work. Fiz trying to show out. It's NY, they know brights lights will always stay on them. I have no complaints so far.

Roll the dice from this point.

CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  12:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

yes every comment from you after the draft has been all about patience.

Yep.
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0

6/22/2018 7:22 PM
Knox C+
Robinson F
Overall grade D (Dreadful)

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/23/2018  4:11 AM
blkexec wrote:I've been blessed to play with a few NBA players, in lots of states like AZ, Boston. I warned yall Jordan Hill wasn't that good....turns out he might be worst than Mitchell.....and he was a lottery pick.

Mitchell has the same star potential as anybody in this draft, because of his physical tools. Same with Knox. My boy in AZ said Tierr (sp?) was their lead guard and go to guard on U of A....but might be undersized at the 2. The advantage of Fizdales positionless basketball culture / system, players like this can shine, if they can score, and he's a scorer.

As long as our rookies all have the same star potential as everybody else in this draft, there's nothing else I could ask from this new regime. They put in the work and interviewed everybody, was in trade rumors, all kinds of stuff.
Funny how with Phil, everything was quiet. mmmmmmmm. Perry putting in work. Fiz trying to show out. It's NY, they know brights lights will always stay on them. I have no complaints so far.

I still don't understand why we drafted Jordan Hill- from day one it was clear to the coaching staff he was lazy/low intensity, how did they not pick that up pre-draft. It just felt like made no effort what so ever for him.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/23/2018  7:42 AM
smackeddog wrote:
blkexec wrote:I've been blessed to play with a few NBA players, in lots of states like AZ, Boston. I warned yall Jordan Hill wasn't that good....turns out he might be worst than Mitchell.....and he was a lottery pick.

I still don't understand why we drafted Jordan Hill- from day one it was clear to the coaching staff he was lazy/low intensity, how did they not pick that up pre-draft. It just felt like made no effort what so ever for him.

I remember screaming at my TV for Demar Derozan, I was frickin furious.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/23/2018  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  7:51 AM
Panos wrote:What is this list? Why does it say 2017?

because it was before the college season, the last one had Knox at 14, and Robinson at 21.

Robinson is really talented but what concerns me is good teams like the Celtics and Warriors passed on him. He seems much younger mentally than 18 from what I've seen. I'm not sure how the rest of the team will respond to him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/23/2018  8:05 AM
Everyone go look at second round draft history over the years. I think it averages to about 2 players per year that actually go on to make an inpact in the NBA. Just root for the kid and hope for the best.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  8:44 AM
From The Stepien's post draft review:

Whether or not New York has the cultural infrastructure to support Mitchell Robinson is dubious, but I am still a huge fan of them taking this gamble. Robinson is exactly the type of high upside bet a team wanting to avoid the treadmill of mediocrity should take a chance on. Considering he dropped so far there is reason to worry he never steps on an NBA court, but the Knicks nailed this pick. Going forward, I’m a little lower on Knox and a fair bit lower on Robinson.
Knicks drafted the 10th and 11th Best prospects according to ESPN...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy