[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kinda wish Fizdale would shut up a bit... but here are some telling direct quotes on Knox
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2018  10:08 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
reub wrote:Fiz is pumping up the kids. I like it. Keep it up.

Agreed

Really good interview by Fiz.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/23/2018  11:15 AM
Ntlikina was the only young player getting minutes of any kind. The early winning was not because of some youth movement that some claim. It was vet oriented in the beginning. Guys like Willie, Dotson and others were in G-league. That is where JH failed the team miserably. He wasted a year showing us Jack, Lee, Thomas and some others. THJ, Kanter and KP are in their 3+ years in the league young vets. Hopefully Fizdale realizes how stupid last year was and doesn’t rinse and spit the same bull we saw last year. It was a waste of year.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/23/2018  11:25 AM
Vmart wrote:Ntlikina was the only young player getting minutes of any kind. The early winning was not because of some youth movement that some claim. It was vet oriented in the beginning. Guys like Willie, Dotson and others were in G-league. That is where JH failed the team miserably. He wasted a year showing us Jack, Lee, Thomas and some others. THJ, Kanter and KP are in their 3+ years in the league young vets. Hopefully Fizdale realizes how stupid last year was and doesn’t rinse and spit the same bull we saw last year. It was a waste of year.

Actually...Willie wasn't even in the G-League...was he?

They not only didn't develop him...they completely devalued him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2018  12:02 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Vmart wrote:Ntlikina was the only young player getting minutes of any kind. The early winning was not because of some youth movement that some claim. It was vet oriented in the beginning. Guys like Willie, Dotson and others were in G-league. That is where JH failed the team miserably. He wasted a year showing us Jack, Lee, Thomas and some others. THJ, Kanter and KP are in their 3+ years in the league young vets. Hopefully Fizdale realizes how stupid last year was and doesn’t rinse and spit the same bull we saw last year. It was a waste of year.

He wasn't. I am not sure but he might have declined going. Does that sound right? Dotson was behind Tim, Lee and Baker. Getting him minutes in the g league was what the organization thought was appropriate for his development. Not sure when it is ok to have second round rookie picks go to the g league but I think it was the right move.
There is a podcast with Luke Kornet where he talks about how fluid the situation was between Westchester and NY. He said it made it much easier for him when he got moved up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/23/2018  12:16 PM

Jimmy Butler came into the league at 22 yrs old. Played 42 games his rookie yr at 8.5 mins per game. Turned into all star 4 yrs later. Draymond Green 22 yrs old, 79 games, 13.1 mins per game. All star 4 years later.

Like Knicks1248 goes into the extreme of how not playing players at all unless they a stars right off the bat is better for their development. You go into the extreme of throwing players mins regardless of anything is better for their development.

Willy didn't put in the work like Frank & Doston have been doing all off season this yr. Dotson got the starting nod when Hardaway jr first got injured for 2 games and he struggled. Look at the 14/15 76ers roster who won 18 games and all the young players that got 20+mins. Only Covington is still on the team. KJ Mcdaniels, Hollis Thompson, Henry Sims no longer in the league etc.

At the end of the day Dotson's development isn't going to be based on the mins he got his rookie yr and neither will Willie's. It will be based on the work and dedication they put in toward their craft. All players especially 2nd rounders like Dotson and Willy who have made something of themselves in the NBA. All have the common theme of the amount to work they put in. There is no blueprint if you go by mins. The only blueprint is work ethic and quality developmental coaches.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/23/2018  10:17 PM
I want 3 or 4 things from Fiz

- demand everyone is in ELITE condition...including specific weight & body fat targets
- most minutes to guys who play the hardest
- get Hardaway shot selection under control and demand he get to the rim
- just keep it real....no executes...no bull

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/23/2018  10:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

He wasn't. I am not sure but he might have declined going. Does that sound right? Dotson was behind Tim, Lee and Baker. Getting him minutes in the g league was what the organization thought was appropriate for his development. Not sure when it is ok to have second round rookie picks go to the g league but I think it was the right move.
There is a podcast with Luke Kornet where he talks about how fluid the situation was between Westchester and NY. He said it made it much easier for him when he got moved up.

There were reports out there that said Willy decline being sent down. I blame Jeff for a lot, but I think Willy's attituded was the real source of his problems.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/24/2018  1:08 AM

You need to stop spinning both the historical record as well as the things Fizdale is saying. First, KP, THJ, Frankie, KOQ, Kanter, Baker, and a few others *ARE* young and Hornacek played them. Jack won the PG starter's battle because of skill, effort, and teamwork - Hornacek wasn't playing him because of looks.

Fizdale is in a different position from Hornacek and will do things his way. Spinning Fizdale's comments as a critique of Hornacek is both a misreading of Fizdale AND an innuendo that Fizdale is acting unprofessionally by slamming a peer in public. I don't think that's the narrative despite a MSM that loves to piss on all things Knicks.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/24/2018  1:49 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Hernangomez just plain gave up. I don't know what to say other than that. The Kanter trade didn't help, but the team needed a salary match on a team they didn't have a ton of options considering the circumstances ( NTC from Melo)

The team played vets because they had no one else ( no one wanted them in trades) and you can only push young players so far their first season. No college player is going to be suited for the full NBA grind off the bat.

The Knicks didn't have anyone else and couldn't get anyone else, in that regard, I don't know what Hornacek was going to be expected to do in this situation. And despite what anyone else thinks, I think they red lined Frank N and Dotson, they pushed both right to the edge of the tipping point for first year players.

I can't blame anyone for wanting to bench/pull Hernangomez. He just gave up. He wanted off this team. It sends the wrong message to keep running a guy out there who just doesn't give a f**k ( Basically see how Melo doing that poisoned this team for years)

F**k Hernangomez. If he wanted more minutes, play harder with the ones you do get. Earn it. No one gives you jack **** in this life.

TPercy
Member: #5748

6/24/2018  7:07 AM
IM excited for the kids and the change ups and all that but lets not front like we werent playoff bound before Timmy and KP got hurt.
The Future is Bright!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/24/2018  8:06 AM
TPercy wrote:IM excited for the kids and the change ups and all that but lets not front like we werent playoff bound before Timmy and KP got hurt.

timmy got hurt pretty early. it seemed like a long shot that they were going to sustain that early record. as soon as he got hurt their record plummeted as did kp’s performance. i don’t think they were ever a legitimate playoff team last year.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/24/2018  10:16 AM
fwk00 wrote:

You need to stop spinning both the historical record as well as the things Fizdale is saying. First, KP, THJ, Frankie, KOQ, Kanter, Baker, and a few others *ARE* young and Hornacek played them. Jack won the PG starter's battle because of skill, effort, and teamwork - Hornacek wasn't playing him because of looks.

Fizdale is in a different position from Hornacek and will do things his way. Spinning Fizdale's comments as a critique of Hornacek is both a misreading of Fizdale AND an innuendo that Fizdale is acting unprofessionally by slamming a peer in public. I don't think that's the narrative despite a MSM that loves to piss on all things Knicks.

You need to stop and realize what rebuilding is. Rebuilding isn’t playing vets. It’s learning on the fly finding out early what you have and get players the necessary experience to build on. Once you guys realize rebuilding and the route it takes to build up players you will realize quicker what to teach players and correct mistakes.

Now we ar going into another season with a bunch of unknowns we still don’t know how much of a fluke Trey Burke is. We still don’t know what Dotson can bring, what do we know about Kornet reports are already out that he may be odd man out. What about Mudiay what is the purpose there no one knows, just what do the Knicks have to hang their hat on. When you guys realize how dissatisfied the Knicks management was with JH because of the lack of data presented to them you will realize why he got fired.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/24/2018  1:16 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I want 3 or 4 things from Fiz

- demand everyone is in ELITE condition...including specific weight & body fat targets
- most minutes to guys who play the hardest
- get Hardaway shot selection under control and demand he get to the rim
- just keep it real....no executes...no bull

Luckily I think that’s exactly what he is known for. Time will tell

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kinda wish Fizdale would shut up a bit... but here are some telling direct quotes on Knox

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy