[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'd grade this draft a c-
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2018  11:46 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250324/Nuggets-Not-Sure-If-Michael-Porter-Will-Play-At-All-During-18-19-Season

Nuggets Not Sure If Michael Porter Will Play At All During 18-19 Season
JUN 22, 2018 7:32 PM

The Denver Nuggets are not sure if Michael Porter Jr. will play in Summer League, or even at all during the 18-19 season, according to Josh Kroenke.

Porter fell to No. 14 due to concerns with his medicals.

Sources say the Sacramento Kings seriously considered taking Porter at No. 2.

Porter walked around with a slight limp before his post-draft news conference.

Three officials from teams with top-10 picks told The Undefeated they were highly concerned about Porter Jr.’s health.

AUTOADVERT
doomed
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1078
USA
6/23/2018  1:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I’m very satisfied with this draft. I give it an A!!! Knox was a higher potential Wing than Mikal or Miles. Mitchell Robinson is the kind of big Athletic PF/C this team has needed. When you have to compete with stacked teams like Boston and Philly then you need some Home Runs!!! The risk is higher but justified.

Also as a Franchise you have to believe in your Development Program. So yes these kids are in need of nurturing but the talent is clearly there. Fiz is bringing that Miami development style and he has a great rapport with today’s players! Stop all this negativity when it comes to this new regime. Since Perry came on board the process of improving the coaching and decision making has been thorough and professional.

you said the same thing about walsh, glenn and phil. Were they not professional. Aside from the triangle cult, i liked phil

1st off how do you know what I said about Walsh or Glenn and what does that have to do with now? Do you know what I said about Layden??? Phil had his mistakes and some good moves but he wasn’t as drama free and professional as this regime.

Come on bruh. You just gonna act like there wasn’t a marked difference in how Perry has gone about things since coming on board??? What exactly is your complaint with regard to the way this regime is conducting business? It’s been pretty damned solid.

What have they done that's impressive, the results were the same has phils rebuild..flat line.

Nix you have supported every regime that has hop on board, and theres nothing wrong with that, but when your getting the same results, does it matter how you go about it.

whats the difference between a drama filled 29 win season and a drama less 29 win season?

Dude perry has been here for one year!! The HC has been here for one month!

My goodness you are.....

I won’t say it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/23/2018  2:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.
I never really thought of Knox-- he has talent--6-9 215 played well in some games. Crappy defender fair rebounder for size not a great passer not a great ball handler average shooter. He's bit the size you like he's got some skill but this isn't anything more than a c pick. I don't like the 36 pick at all. We could've had Khyri Thomas for cheap and we passed? Thomas would've fit in better-- also more mature

I couldn't disagree more. I think considering you were willing to sell the farm for guys like Huerter and K Thomas, among others who went lower than you expected, you judgment on these players this year was considerably off from the consensus of NBA people. Knox is an excellent fit in this era of basketball as a stretch 4 (KP will move to full-time center eventually) and Robinson is a high-risk gamble but worth a flier in the 2nd round. I think this year in particular your judgment of players were very off to be honest. Nothing wrong with making predictions though, but keep them reasonable and in perspective.

Guys I liked through the process Huerter Okogie Robinson all went way higher than anticipated--only Thomas was lower. Lets see how off I am.

Briggs u took Huerter at 9 in the mock. And you say Knicks didn’t get value at 9? Huerter is a late 1st talent you wanted at 9 based on the draft game. Don’t say he went higher than expected.

I absolutely wouldve taken Huerter over Knox. Better passer better defender better shooter better ballhandler. Its obvious however that it wouldve been impossible to trade down and get one of Huerter AND Okogie Robinson and Hutchinson as they went to high. It mightve made more sense to trade down for a player and an extra pick in the next two years. Hopefully Im wrong

PS there will be many players picked after Knox that are better

And there will be better players than Huerter

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/23/2018  6:48 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:When I see these types of debates ...this is what I think of.

Can't the haters just admit that Knicks had a good productive draft???

Knox is the kind of player that needs to be carried by his offense.

There are legitimate questions whether he can consistently create his own shot at the NBA level. He does have a high ceiling in terms of raw/plus athleticism. But his decision making / BBIQ at this point makes you wonder how much can be fixed with some experience and coaching and physical maturity, and how much is just about an athlete who is more of an athlete than a basketball player.

There are some things to really like about Knox, but also some unsettling questions. I don't think folks concerned about those questions are out of bounds for wondering/asking about them.

Is it better than trading the picks off for overpaid veterans? Sure, absolutely. Was it the best use of the 9th pick? I think it's a fair debate for those who don't think so.

No question. It is a fair debate. It is one thing to question a team's exec mgmt that have screwed up for years and second guess them, I understand that even though all of those folks are gone save Mills. However, when legitimate questions start to sound more like an attack from a some random person on the train asking money screaming at you after you politely say no...it sounds more like haterade. What you have said I understand and agree with...there are questions on not just our players but all players....We look at you tube videos and make assessments, these guys hire professional search firms, 24/7 scouting, workouts etc.....they have talked to their 7th period teacher in 8th grade...and guess what they still get it wrong

Everybody is entitled to their evaluation and opinion.....Not saying folks are out of bounds for that....but when I read the whole premise of this string of posts is giving our draft a C- when most seasoned evaluators have said the floor is a B-. Considering what was swirling around last years draft with the President openly fueding with the star players.....going on TV to show his whole hand about trading KP and sh**ting on his leverage...falling asleep during workouts etc.....Phil hit on the KP pick...some of us think he may have hit on Frank.....but all his second rounders outside of Willy stunk...the place was a damn circus....trainagle this and that.....

We now have a team who is transparent about winning.....being patient.....that M. Porter drop was a test on new mgmt....if we had two picks like LA...that is house money you take him and redshirt him.....but we had to go high upside...and guess what...I believe that Knox will have his learning curve but will also be pushed by Fizdale and developed to be the player we all would want.....For YEARS we have not had a team of coaches that consistently developed our talent....so I can understand the frustration from some folks about wanting something more ready made....but I believe that there is a change with this team.....however we will see this on the court...

I believe Fiz and team will do some work....

I am happy with both picks....I saw something from Woj today...he said that in 2-3 years he believe that Micthell will be right up there with Ayton and Bamba....it will take a lot to get there and he may not make it...Knox too...but I finally feel we have a team that we can start to feel a bit comfortable that they can change the culture here...develop our own stars as opposed salivating over everyone elses....and guess what they are going to make some missteps....that is going to happen....unless we start drifting back into the Isiah era....I will continue to give them some cred....I am just happy that we seem like we are settling into a normal franchise mode...I believe that will pay dividends on the court(W/Ls, development) and off the court(Free agency, trades)....

I'd grade this draft a c-

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy