martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/22/2018  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The lowest grade I have seen so far is a B- The highest was a B+. Most sites graded the draft aB.

Briggs is Right

The front office as a whole gets a GRADE C..they just don't do enough to bring excitement, nothing they do is impressive, it's not bad either, but you won't be blown away, and...you won't be associating the words savviness, sharp, on point, smart, shrewd, slick to describe anything they do.

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise.

They had 2 future 2nd rnd picks( from the willy trade) they could have dangled to move up and try and get the franchise back on track sooner than later

you have zero patience. Yes you want to win right this minute which isnt realistic. The two picks have higher ceilings but it will take some time

LMAO after five consecutive 50+ losing season that mills was directly associated with, and I have no patience..smdh

That's on you.

What players would you have drafted in the place of the players the Knicks picked?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
6/22/2018  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  12:13 PM
One thing to think about if that it's been a few years now since the Knicks traded a first round pick for an awful veteran. Thank goodness for small things.

The guy I would have taken with that pick is SGA. He's a very good athlete, smart player, a good shooter and passer and a very good defender. Knox is an ok pick with upside. I'll give that pick a B- and, since I like the Robinson and Trier moves, I'll give the whole draft a B+.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2018  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  12:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.
I never really thought of Knox-- he has talent--6-9 215 played well in some games. Crappy defender fair rebounder for size not a great passer not a great ball handler average shooter. He's bit the size you like he's got some skill but this isn't anything more than a c pick. I don't like the 36 pick at all. We could've had Khyri Thomas for cheap and we passed? Thomas would've fit in better-- also more mature

I couldn't disagree more. I think considering you were willing to sell the farm for guys like Huerter and K Thomas, among others who went lower than you expected, you judgment on these players this year was considerably off from the consensus of NBA people. Knox is an excellent fit in this era of basketball as a stretch 4 (KP will move to full-time center eventually) and Robinson is a high-risk gamble but worth a flier in the 2nd round. I think this year in particular your judgment of players were very off to be honest. Nothing wrong with making predictions though, but keep them reasonable and in perspective.

Guys I liked through the process Huerter Okogie Robinson all went way higher than anticipated--only Thomas was lower. Lets see how off I am.

Briggs u took Huerter at 9 in the mock. And you say Knicks didn’t get value at 9? Huerter is a late 1st talent you wanted at 9 based on the draft game. Don’t say he went higher than expected.

I absolutely wouldve taken Huerter over Knox. Better passer better defender better shooter better ballhandler. Its obvious however that it wouldve been impossible to trade down and get one of Huerter AND Okogie Robinson and Hutchinson as they went to high. It mightve made more sense to trade down for a player and an extra pick in the next two years. Hopefully Im wrong

PS there will be many players picked after Knox that are better

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2018  12:33 PM
I’m very satisfied with this draft. I give it an A!!! Knox was a higher potential Wing than Mikal or Miles. Mitchell Robinson is the kind of big Athletic PF/C this team has needed. When you have to compete with stacked teams like Boston and Philly then you need some Home Runs!!! The risk is higher but justified.

Also as a Franchise you have to believe in your Development Program. So yes these kids are in need of nurturing but the talent is clearly there. Fiz is bringing that Miami development style and he has a great rapport with today’s players! Stop all this negativity when it comes to this new regime. Since Perry came on board the process of improving the coaching and decision making has been thorough and professional.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/22/2018  12:44 PM
nixluva wrote:I’m very satisfied with this draft. I give it an A!!! Knox was a higher potential Wing than Mikal or Miles. Mitchell Robinson is the kind of big Athletic PF/C this team has needed. When you have to compete with stacked teams like Boston and Philly then you need some Home Runs!!! The risk is higher but justified.

Also as a Franchise you have to believe in your Development Program. So yes these kids are in need of nurturing but the talent is clearly there. Fiz is bringing that Miami development style and he has a great rapport with today’s players! Stop all this negativity when it comes to this new regime. Since Perry came on board the process of improving the coaching and decision making has been thorough and professional.

you said the same thing about walsh, glenn and phil. Were they not professional. Aside from the triangle cult, i liked phil

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2018  12:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think we got two low output players both mentally and physically. I'm not sure this is a direction.
I never really thought of Knox-- he has talent--6-9 215 played well in some games. Crappy defender fair rebounder for size not a great passer not a great ball handler average shooter. He's bit the size you like he's got some skill but this isn't anything more than a c pick. I don't like the 36 pick at all. We could've had Khyri Thomas for cheap and we passed? Thomas would've fit in better-- also more mature

I couldn't disagree more. I think considering you were willing to sell the farm for guys like Huerter and K Thomas, among others who went lower than you expected, you judgment on these players this year was considerably off from the consensus of NBA people. Knox is an excellent fit in this era of basketball as a stretch 4 (KP will move to full-time center eventually) and Robinson is a high-risk gamble but worth a flier in the 2nd round. I think this year in particular your judgment of players were very off to be honest. Nothing wrong with making predictions though, but keep them reasonable and in perspective.

Guys I liked through the process Huerter Okogie Robinson all went way higher than anticipated--only Thomas was lower. Lets see how off I am.

Briggs u took Huerter at 9 in the mock. And you say Knicks didn’t get value at 9? Huerter is a late 1st talent you wanted at 9 based on the draft game. Don’t say he went higher than expected.

I absolutely wouldve taken Huerter over Knox. Better passer better defender better shooter better ballhandler. Its obvious however that it wouldve been impossible to trade down and get one of Huerter AND Okogie Robinson and Hutchinson as they went to high. It mightve made more sense to trade down for a player and an extra pick in the next two years. Hopefully Im wrong

Briggs I like your posts despite the ribbing but this is just some dumb **** man. Huerter is a role player with well below average NBA athleticism for starts.

It will be interesting to watch Young/Huerter over the next few years. Huerter and his shooting is a great fit next to Young who is a gifted passer for sure. Only problem is a team with that backcourt will give up 140 a night which rarely seems a concern for you.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/22/2018  12:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:The lowest grade I have seen so far is a B- The highest was a B+. Most sites graded the draft aB.

Briggs is Right

The front office as a whole gets a GRADE C..they just don't do enough to bring excitement, nothing they do is impressive, it's not bad either, but you won't be blown away, and...you won't be associating the words savviness, sharp, on point, smart, shrewd, slick to describe anything they do.

It's like they're playing not to lose instead of playing to win and destroy the competition, like they are scared to make a move to shake up the franchise.

They had 2 future 2nd rnd picks( from the willy trade) they could have dangled to move up and try and get the franchise back on track sooner than later

you have zero patience. Yes you want to win right this minute which isnt realistic. The two picks have higher ceilings but it will take some time

LMAO after five consecutive 50+ losing season that mills was directly associated with, and I have no patience..smdh

Werent you the one who made a thread a night before the draft saying draft picks are useless and we should just trade them? So you shouldnt even talk about the draft. WE did it your way from 2002-2016 with ****tier results except for one lucky regular season. I like that our FO has a plan and sticking to it. I like they are swinging for the fences instead of just going with safer picks who probably wont go past good role players
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/22/2018  12:48 PM

Draft was a solid B. Know will not be an immediate contributor, but has a higher ceiling than the other available prospects at 9, exception being MPjr. We could NOT take him given the clear risk indicators. Hope for him he has an amazing career, but don't want to be the franchise betting on it. Nuggs may have gotten a steal, but not a gamble any team in top 10 of lottery would make.

Robinson is a 2nd round low-risk high-reward gamble, exactly what you want from a second rounder. Dude is 7'1" and could turn into the next KG with a few years of development (Westchester and MSG).

StarksEwing1

6/22/2018  12:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Briggs i bet my house within 6 months you wont mention how great huerter is again...you did the same thing with Kaminsky. Months before the draft you were saying he is the next great one then immediately after BUT not long into the season you never mentioned him again lol. This will be deja vu
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2018  1:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I’m very satisfied with this draft. I give it an A!!! Knox was a higher potential Wing than Mikal or Miles. Mitchell Robinson is the kind of big Athletic PF/C this team has needed. When you have to compete with stacked teams like Boston and Philly then you need some Home Runs!!! The risk is higher but justified.

you said the same thing about walsh, glenn and phil. Were they not professional. Aside from the triangle cult, i liked phil

1st off how do you know what I said about Walsh or Glenn and what does that have to do with now? Do you know what I said about Layden??? Phil had his mistakes and some good moves but he wasn’t as drama free and professional as this regime.

Come on bruh. You just gonna act like there wasn’t a marked difference in how Perry has gone about things since coming on board??? What exactly is your complaint with regard to the way this regime is conducting business? It’s been pretty damned solid.

reub
Member: #6227

6/22/2018  1:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Honeymoon phase. BRIGGS.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  1:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Why do you still post as though your bball judgement is light years ahead of everybody else's? Your hit rate has been on a long hard slump these past few years- kaminsky, Justin Anderson, a whole host of nobodies that got drafted in the second round. Try adding a touch of humility to your posts.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  1:23 PM
I like the Knox pick- I've been on quite the journey. At the start of the workouts I posted that awful video of him trying to dribble, and it out me off. But slowly over the course of the past few weeks I've liked more and more of what I've read and seen.

Looking at the bigger picture, we'll likely aim to add Irving next off season, who should fit well with Frank in the back court, with Tim Jr as sixth man, Knox at SF and KP at pf, that's a nice foundation. Add in next years pick (hopefully high as we don't have a front court this season), and I'm hopeful.

Priorities now are a tough pf/c and another SF/PF

blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2018  1:41 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Why do you still post as though your bball judgement is light years ahead of everybody else's? Your hit rate has been on a long hard slump these past few years- kaminsky, Justin Anderson, a whole host of nobodies that got drafted in the second round. Try adding a touch of humility to your posts.

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
6/22/2018  1:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

1st off how do you know what I said about Walsh or Glenn and what does that have to do with now? Do you know what I said about Layden??? Phil had his mistakes and some good moves but he wasn’t as drama free and professional as this regime.

Come on bruh. You just gonna act like there wasn’t a marked difference in how Perry has gone about things since coming on board??? What exactly is your complaint with regard to the way this regime is conducting business? It’s been pretty damned solid.

What have they done that's impressive, the results were the same has phils rebuild..flat line.

Nix you have supported every regime that has hop on board, and theres nothing wrong with that, but when your getting the same results, does it matter how you go about it.

whats the difference between a drama filled 29 win season and a drama less 29 win season?

ES
knicks1248
6/22/2018  1:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

Werent you the one who made a thread a night before the draft saying draft picks are useless and we should just trade them? So you shouldnt even talk about the draft. WE did it your way from 2002-2016 with ****tier results except for one lucky regular season. I like that our FO has a plan and sticking to it. I like they are swinging for the fences instead of just going with safer picks who probably wont go past good role players

I posted an article that professional sports writers wrote about the draft and it's history. A topic you couldn't dispute because you seen it with your own 2 eyes.

knox is not a "swinging for the fences" draft pick. He fills a wing role that needed to be filled, but I would have done everything in my power to trade up to grab Mo, young or Doncic.

You know what would impress me at this point, Trading noah and getting back a very use full player

ES
StarksEwing1

6/22/2018  1:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Briggs is Right

I posted an article that professional sports writers wrote about the draft and it's history. A topic you couldn't dispute because you seen it with your own 2 eyes.

knox is not a "swinging for the fences" draft pick. He fills a wing role that needed to be filled, but I would have done everything in my power to trade up to grab Mo, young or Doncic.

You know what would impress me at this point, Trading noah and getting back a very use full player

So basically you are asking for the impossible. Trading noah for any value is not possible. Even danny ainge couldnt pull that off. Also the knicks Did discuss trading up but the cost was sky high
blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2018  1:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:I like the Knox pick- I've been on quite the journey. At the start of the workouts I posted that awful video of him trying to dribble, and it out me off. But slowly over the course of the past few weeks I've liked more and more of what I've read and seen.

Looking at the bigger picture, we'll likely aim to add Irving next off season, who should fit well with Frank in the back court, with Tim Jr as sixth man, Knox at SF and KP at pf, that's a nice foundation. Add in next years pick (hopefully high as we don't have a front court this season), and I'm hopeful.

I'm the same way. I watched him in the Tournament for the first time, and I didn't like what I saw. He seems focused too much on his offensive game, and when his shot wasn't falling, he started to put more pressure on his jump shot. But Calipari and Kentucky has a great track record within the NBA. So that's a plus. Knox also has the mentality of a go to player....Something KP didn't have and just starting to get. That's a plus. I didn't know his jumper was money like that, but I did know it was streaky. That can be fixed with maturity and coaching. Same with his energy on defense.

If we didn't have Fizdale and all the other assistance that were former guards on our staff, I would be worried about our picks. But I have faith in this new regime. Knox and Mitchell seems like players that excel based on the team culture and system. With these picks being Fizdales first draft, they will make sure these guys meet expectations.

I call the knox pick a hard calculated swing, aiming for a triple and hoping for a homerun. That's a calculated risk. Porter Jr is a much higher risk and lower floor than anybody in the draft. Porters ceiling is similar to Knox ceiling. Knox looks like a solid PF, until I saw he only weighs 217. So right now he's quick enough laterally to play SF....and strong enough to switch on bigs. On offense, he will dominate smalls and too quick for bigs. Nothing wrong with gambling on a young melo or harris type player. Nobody know what Porter is. In his first 3 college games, he looked like a boy playing with men. Then they shut him down.....

That's too much of a risk for a fragile franchise. Knox is a great risk to have, due to his age. He's only 18....Think about that. He already has that go to game and solid football frame like his dad. Mitchell will surprise everybody, he currently has NBA athleticism in a 7 ft body. JaVele MaGee and Capella type.....Solid 2nd round grab. The undrafted guard we picked up was another solid grab.

Grade B

Knox has the potential to be the best all around offensive scorer in this draft. Not too much people can score from deep, mid range, back to the basket, facing the basket, iso ball or catch and shoot. Think about all these weapons he has in his tool box at 18 yrs old, with an NBA frame. Guess what he will look like when he turns Mikals age? He's already better than most players in the draft, when they were 18. Skies the limit with Knox.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/22/2018  2:37 PM
blkexec wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I like the Knox pick- I've been on quite the journey. At the start of the workouts I posted that awful video of him trying to dribble, and it out me off. But slowly over the course of the past few weeks I've liked more and more of what I've read and seen.

I'm the same way. I watched him in the Tournament for the first time, and I didn't like what I saw. He seems focused too much on his offensive game, and when his shot wasn't falling, he started to put more pressure on his jump shot. But Calipari and Kentucky has a great track record within the NBA. So that's a plus. Knox also has the mentality of a go to player....Something KP didn't have and just starting to get. That's a plus. I didn't know his jumper was money like that, but I did know it was streaky. That can be fixed with maturity and coaching. Same with his energy on defense.

If we didn't have Fizdale and all the other assistance that were former guards on our staff, I would be worried about our picks. But I have faith in this new regime. Knox and Mitchell seems like players that excel based on the team culture and system. With these picks being Fizdales first draft, they will make sure these guys meet expectations.

I call the knox pick a hard calculated swing, aiming for a triple and hoping for a homerun. That's a calculated risk. Porter Jr is a much higher risk and lower floor than anybody in the draft. Porters ceiling is similar to Knox ceiling. Knox looks like a solid PF, until I saw he only weighs 217. So right now he's quick enough laterally to play SF....and strong enough to switch on bigs. On offense, he will dominate smalls and too quick for bigs. Nothing wrong with gambling on a young melo or harris type player. Nobody know what Porter is. In his first 3 college games, he looked like a boy playing with men. Then they shut him down.....

That's too much of a risk for a fragile franchise. Knox is a great risk to have, due to his age. He's only 18....Think about that. He already has that go to game and solid football frame like his dad. Mitchell will surprise everybody, he currently has NBA athleticism in a 7 ft body. JaVele MaGee and Capella type.....Solid 2nd round grab. The undrafted guard we picked up was another solid grab.

Grade B

Knox has the potential to be the best all around offensive scorer in this draft. Not too much people can score from deep, mid range, back to the basket, facing the basket, iso ball or catch and shoot. Think about all these weapons he has in his tool box at 18 yrs old, with an NBA frame. Guess what he will look like when he turns Mikals age? He's already better than most players in the draft, when they were 18. Skies the limit with Knox.

I like that anology

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2018  2:42 PM
blkexec wrote:

Grade B

Fizdale got kicked out of Memphis quickly and Knox is a soft tweener who doesnt handle the ball well. Am I missing any facts?

RIP Crushalot😞
I'd grade this draft a c-

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy