[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Sign Allonzo Trier
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2018  12:40 PM
blkexec wrote:This is another solid pickup.....he looks like a keeper.

This new management draft was high risk...high reward. All 3 players have loads of potential with the skill set to match.

EXACTLY!!! This is what I was hoping for. The Knicks have been talking about their commitment to Player Development so they are confident in their ability to develop these young men.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/22/2018  1:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:Trier is a natuaral scorer and can score from anywhere. Hes more talented than Dotson....Great signing.

Dotson seems to have that dog in him though.

True..so does Trier. I'm surprised Trier went undrafted, but then again, I'm not because he was a junior and in this day and age he's considered old for a rookie. I saw him quite a bit at Arizona and Trier is a walking bucket. He's not a great athlete, but he can score all over the court, can shoot the NBA 3 and can score under duress. He also put up numbers against really good competition....Great signing.

This was a good draft overall so him dropping this yr doesn't mean as much. How is his defense?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2018  2:03 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:Trier is a natuaral scorer and can score from anywhere. Hes more talented than Dotson....Great signing.

Dotson seems to have that dog in him though.

True..so does Trier. I'm surprised Trier went undrafted, but then again, I'm not because he was a junior and in this day and age he's considered old for a rookie. I saw him quite a bit at Arizona and Trier is a walking bucket. He's not a great athlete, but he can score all over the court, can shoot the NBA 3 and can score under duress. He also put up numbers against really good competition....Great signing.

This was a good draft overall so him dropping this yr doesn't mean as much. How is his defense?

Not too good....which is one of the reasons he went undrafted. The ball also tends to stick to his hands a little bit. I will say this, I'm not too concerned with the knocks on his defensive intensity and Knox's for that matter. Fiz is from an organization that demanded defense or you sit...Fiz was my guy from jump, I believe he can coach these guys up...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2018  4:06 PM
Arizona vs Atizona st on ESPNU on right now if anyone wants to take a look at Trier!!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/23/2018  12:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  12:36 AM
Haven't seen anyone mention he was suspended twice for PEDs in his system...may have something to do with him not being drafted....
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2018  11:46 AM
Chandler wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Ira wrote:Statistical comparison between Kevin Huerter, and Allonzo Trier. I'll use Trier's 2nd college season to compare to Huerter's 2nd season since Trier played 3 years of college ball to Herter's 2. In each case, the first stat is Herter's and the second is Trier's.

mpg 34 - 29
points 15-17
FG% .50 - .46
3P% .42 - .39
AST/TOV 3.4/2.4 - 2.7/1.7

I'm not trying to say that Trier is as good as Huerter or that stats are the only thing worth looking at. I'm just trying to point out that we got a pretty good player AFTER the draft. Good job, in this case, by Knicks management.

Why the hell wasn't he drafted though? It dosen't make sense that he would go undrafted despite being poised to go first round coming into the season.

saw commentary that his defense and his capability to defend (e.g., lateral quickness) are weak.

It was PEDs, and fwiw the 2nd suspension wasnt legit. The roster needs scoring. This a nice pickup
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
10/4/2018  8:55 AM
This dude needs more attention on this site. Very underrated player and signing by the knicks. I think we have our Lou Williams or 6 man type of guard to provide a scoring punch.

Trier is going to be a problem for all players in a few years. Right now hes a walking bucket if you let him get his dribble rhythm and shooting spot....hes money.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/4/2018  8:58 AM
This guy is incredibly quick and shifty and has a knack for scoring. I was blown away by his play last night. 25 points on only 12 shots?! Wow.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/4/2018  9:06 AM
I seem to recall people saying he was garbage - a selfish ball stopper.

He may not be a good passer.

But, there will be times where the offense is in a funk, players are hitting open shots- that you need a player you can pass the ball to, and let him attack.

He seems likable as well, and I hope he does well here.

I think the biggest challenge he poses to us is having to clear up a roster spot for him so he can stay up on the main squad.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/4/2018  9:15 AM
franco12 wrote:I seem to recall people saying he was garbage - a selfish ball stopper.

But, there will be times where the offense is in a funk, players are hitting open shots- that you need a player you can pass the ball to, and let him attack.

I think the biggest challenge he poses to us is having to clear up a roster spot for him so he can stay up on the main squad.

I like his game and like his attitude. He interviewed well at halftime. I see a nice future here for him. On the other hand, Hezonja looks terrible.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/4/2018  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  9:19 AM
franco12 wrote:I seem to recall people saying he was garbage - a selfish ball stopper.

Fizdale was talking a few days ago about how impressed he was with all the chase down blocks he's seen from Trier since joining the team. Had one last night. I dont know if he will show court vision. If worst comes to worst for Trier, and he is sent to the G-League for a spell, maybe thats something the coaching staff in Westchester can work on with him. Like they did with Burke.

Right now Trier is playing like he belongs. If he could show some skill as a distributor down the road, that would really be something.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/4/2018  9:29 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Fizdale was talking a few days ago about how impressed he was with all the chase down blocks he's seen from Trier since joining the team. Had one last night. I dont know if he will show court vision. If worst comes to worst for Trier, and he is sent to the G-League for a spell, maybe thats something the coaching staff in Westchester can work on with him. Like they did with Burke.

Right now Trier is playing like he belongs. If he could show some skill as a distributor down the road, that would really be something.

like they said in postgame, knicks have 45 days from the start of the season to sign him.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/4/2018  9:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:

I like his game and like his attitude. He interviewed well at halftime. I see a nice future here for him. On the other hand, Hezonja looks terrible.

Yes he has

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/4/2018  12:22 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yes he has

he needs to stop trying to make these difficult passes with no margin for error

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/4/2018  12:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

like they said in postgame, knicks have 45 days from the start of the season to sign him.

not quite the way the 2 way contracts work.

He can spend up to 45 days with the big club. After that, he'd have to move to the 15 man roster:

https://gleague.nba.com/players-under-two-way-contract-2018-19-season/

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/4/2018  3:45 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Right now Trier is playing like he belongs. If he could show some skill as a distributor down the road, that would really be something.

Trier is a chucker.

There's nothing wrong with being a chucker if you can approximate a young/prime Jamal Crawford. Which is take over games for short periods of time with unstoppable scoring. But that's really hard to pull off.

Trier looks wonderful when his shots are falling. What does he give you when it's not falling?

Maybe he can clean up his game a bit. But you have to temper his great games with his not so great ones. Context.

I want him to succeed and he's making the most of his current opportunities, so good, but let's see him do it consistently over time and when teams are scouting him and gameplanning for him.

Most of you remember Kevin McReynolds for the Mets right? Not Cone, not Doc, not Strawberry, not HoJo, not Franco. But a solid guy who gave it consistently all the time. It's better to be average but consistent at that average play than to be hot as hell for 1 game then turd it out for the next 9 games. I've just described Steve Blake's entire career. And Matt Nokes too.

To be fair its not just the scoring. He is displaying a lot of effort. Which is highlighted from his come from behind blocks. He is still a rookie who was undrafted, he still has room to grow and improve his overall game.

At the moment he doesn't cost the Knicks anything.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/4/2018  4:59 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Right now Trier is playing like he belongs. If he could show some skill as a distributor down the road, that would really be something.

Trier is a chucker.

See... this tells me you have not watched preseason. At least youtube his highlights and come back to us.

Trier has established himself as an excellent basket attacker and finisher. Yes he's hit his 3s so is that sustainable? But the rest aint chucking. IF you think so your talking ****. Thats a guy using the threat of his drive to create space and using that space to knock down jumpers like he's in a gym. Defense will adjust sure and Trier has plenty to prove, but chucker? Not so far. Not at all.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/4/2018  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  5:06 PM
fishmike wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Trier is a chucker.

See... this tells me you have not watched preseason. At least youtube his highlights and come back to us.

Trier has established himself as an excellent basket attacker and finisher. Yes he's hit his 3s so is that sustainable? But the rest aint chucking. IF you think so your talking ****. Thats a guy using the threat of his drive to create space and using that space to knock down jumpers like he's in a gym. Defense will adjust sure and Trier has plenty to prove, but chucker? Not so far. Not at all.

To be fair, I do see the see some of same level of tunnel vision of tunnel vision. It doesn't look as bad now, becaus we aren't asking him to play point. I still want Trier to work on other parts of his game in the G-League. That said, I've been real impressed with his defense. The effort seems to have picked up big time.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
10/4/2018  5:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  5:55 PM

I was one of the few that stuck up for him.....After using my Arizona connections to see who he was, then looking at film....He was easy to root for. Every team needs someone who can get their own bucket. We lacked that at the guard position.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/4/2018  6:35 PM
Saw this on Reddit. Hope there's nothing to it, but it made me laugh.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knicks Sign Allonzo Trier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy