[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With the 36 Pick, the Knicks pick Mitchell Robinson
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/5/2018  3:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see the game Saturday. I think Trier was a great pick up as well. It might be a stretch but I think the Knicks were able to get three first round talents from the past draft.
If you have been a Knick fan for a long time the only time we had anything close to this was the start of the 2010 season where we eventually traded for Melo, but that squad had Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Fields and Mosgov... a solid young squad. I think this group is younger, more talented and much more athletic. I love that we needed to drastically get younger and faster and our most recent FO's approach. No quick fixes, just athletic prospects surround by a coaching staff built to develop and all our future picks etc still on the shelf.

I dont expect perfection... just sanity. This is super enjoyable. Cant wait to see how the position battles shake out this fall as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/5/2018  5:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2018  5:08 PM
He moves a bit like Joel Embiid. Or a young Amare Stoudemire.

In his current state, could he be as productive as a Javale McGee?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/5/2018  5:26 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/07/05/knicks-cant-believe-how-good-their-new-athletic-freak-looks/

Good info on Robinson, his training (how blkexec hindered his progress) and Fizdale going into detail about his plan to develop Robinson.

Everything I've read is spot on with my in person accessment. His training seems to pay off.....And hes a good kid.....Wasn't high or anything like most NBA players. He was focused....Hes so long everything looks slow.

Impressed how Robinson attacks the rim without having to build up momentum. I think thats one of the biggest differences with most 7ftish big men from a generation ago. Who werent named Shaq or KG. And Robinson can put the ball on the floor as well.

Like Knox, can play smaller than he is. Its going to be on our guards to get these guys the ball in the right spots. Frank and Burke probably will have an edge in that dept.

If Perry/Mills can build a quality backcourt (positionless or not) I see all our young bigs giving the rest of the league a headache.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/5/2018  9:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am really excited to see the game Saturday. I think Trier was a great pick up as well. It might be a stretch but I think the Knicks were able to get three first round talents from the past draft.
If you have been a Knick fan for a long time the only time we had anything close to this was the start of the 2010 season where we eventually traded for Melo, but that squad had Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Fields and Mosgov... a solid young squad. I think this group is younger, more talented and much more athletic. I love that we needed to drastically get younger and faster and our most recent FO's approach. No quick fixes, just athletic prospects surround by a coaching staff built to develop and all our future picks etc still on the shelf.

I dont expect perfection... just sanity. This is super enjoyable. Cant wait to see how the position battles shake out this fall as well.

What channel show this? ESPN2?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/5/2018  9:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Sat..ESPN @ 5:30

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/5/2018  10:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Sat..ESPN @ 5:30

thx

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2018  8:00 AM
I guess our FO listened to some of you and we now control him for 4 years.
That contract thing is all sorted now.
With the 36 Pick, the Knicks pick Mitchell Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy