With the 36 Pick, the Knicks pick Mitchell Robinson
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2018  12:33 AM
blkexec wrote:
TheGame wrote:Who is this guy. His bio shows a lot of potential but he has made some bad decisions. Hopefully he pans out. Classic book or bust pick.

That's my guy.....search the thread. I said I hope we get him. I played ball with him in Texas. Capella type.

Lovethis guy. Did you say you have played with him?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
6/22/2018  12:37 AM
franco12 wrote:exactly the kind of player to take in the 2nd round. he'll probably need time in the G League to develop the basketball knowledge- but we're not going anywhere, still have holes. He could be a nice big off the bench, looks mobile.
This. Also, Kornett was on a podcast and said moving up to the Knicks wasn't hard because Westchester is so closely aligned to the big league club. Great endorsement for Westchester and Mike Miller.
blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2018  12:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2018  12:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
TheGame wrote:Who is this guy. His bio shows a lot of potential but he has made some bad decisions. Hopefully he pans out. Classic book or bust pick.

That's my guy.....search the thread. I said I hope we get him. I played ball with him in Texas. Capella type.

Yes... Played 2 games with him....and watched him play other games. But when u are a walking million dollar investment....his people's probably told him to play it safe. But he fits today's positionless basketball. A big who can stretch the floor or at least try...lol....natural gift right now is a lob player. only 19

I was shocked to hear he turned down college and lives across from our gym... well known gym for pro athletes....Lifetime Fitness. but when I found out he was a 7fter....i said that's why he skipped college. he knew he would get drafted regardless....i just don't trust his motor or discipline to improve his craft.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2018  12:52 AM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/22/2018  12:57 AM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Yes... Played 2 games with him....and watched him play other games. But when u are a walking million dollar investment....his people's probably told him to play it safe. But he fits today's positionless basketball. A big who can stretch the floor or at least try...lol....natural gift right now is a lob player. only 19

I was shocked to hear he turned down college and lives across from our gym... well known gym for pro athletes....Lifetime Fitness. but when I found out he was a 7fter....i said that's why he skipped college. he knew he would get drafted regardless....i just don't trust his motor or discipline to improve his craft.

Essentially, if this kid works hard and gets his head together, we got a lotto pick in the second round because this kid has natural talent you cannot teach. If he continues to make bad career decisions and does not work hard, then Fiz will get rid of him in a year.

Trust the Process
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  1:21 AM
We needed a front court player-- once Kanter opts out we essentially have no one! How did that happen after the glut we had last year?!
Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/22/2018  3:02 AM
A lot of second round prospects are throw the dice kinda guys. Robinson is a perfect addition because he ticks a lot of boxes teams look for in first round prospects, however the lack of college ball hurt his stock and perhaps his attitude did as well, but that could be our gain. There's no need to throw him in straight away. We'll Kanter if he opts in, Noah if it's not traded or bought out, and maybe even O'Quinn if we bring him back. So we can send him to the G League or give him some minutes if he's the third center on the chart and go from there.

Worst case scenario he's a bust.

Best case scenario he makes good on his potential and is a starter next to KP, with Knox completing the front court.

Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2018  3:31 AM
Good gamble. He should play in Westchester to start the season.
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  4:23 AM
He seems to have short arms in a highlights void someone posted--does he?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/22/2018  5:06 AM
fwk00 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Give us the scouting report

In pickup....he looks good. I had surgery recently and came back. ask my boy how he looks....all he said was he can't shoot. I remember him taking a lot of 3pters and lobs. . no mid range game. Clint Capella is a good comparison now....he has potential to get better skill wise. But I question his basketball IQ...

I suspect he's not very bright, period. Judging from his own comments he sounds like someone who broke rules out of ignorance rather than malice or intent.

That said, I'm glad the Knicks drafted big instead of settling for the tsnami of under-sized, over-rated guards and swingmen that will litter European leagues next year. If Kanter sticks, Kormet can move into KOQ's spot and Robinson can get signed as a G-League swing player. In Westcester, we find out if he's a player or not.
Two years out, Kanter (hopefully gone) we might have a Mutumbo doppleganger on our hands.

We needed another center I was watching the draft praying Robert Williams kept plunging. I was hoping he would get to the Warriors pick so we could of approached with a trade

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/22/2018  6:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:He seems to have short arms in a highlights void someone posted--does he?

wingspan 7'4", so no to the short arms theory

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2018  7:35 AM
He needs to put on weight. He's a skinny as KP was when he was drafted.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/22/2018  8:16 AM
Good 2nd rd pick. Its here you may as well swing fir the fences since most of these players don't pan out. Loads of potential, but could be useless right off the bat and beyond. Will be excited to see what he can do. Hopefully kanter opts out and we will see some of him next season.
blkexec
6/22/2018  8:22 AM
Ira wrote:He needs to put on weight. He's a skinny as KP was when he was drafted.

Well....since I played with him....and seen him up close. He's built like kevin Garnet....Same exact measurements. And his game is more PF than center....right now. But with positionless ball....hes very fluid when he runs the floor...7ft 220 Im assuming he put on a few lbs since he basically took his freshmen year off.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/22/2018  8:32 AM
This is the best article I found on him. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/
PURE KNICKS LOVE
blkexec
6/22/2018  8:48 AM
Andrew wrote:This is the best article I found on him. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

blkexec
6/22/2018  9:05 AM
blkexec wrote:
Andrew wrote:This is the best article I found on him. https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/26/mitchell-robinson-nba-youngboy/

This article is great. has lows and highs on Mitchell. And from personal experience I agree 100%. Now I understand why he was working on his outside game. He's similar to javel Magee right now. Long help side **** blocker with hops....but no post game. This is today's nba big man. I don't think he will be a prototypical back to the basket player. but he can protect the rim and make up ground. They talked about details I noticed like high hips.....Article is very accurate.

CrushAlot
USA
6/22/2018  9:25 AM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

This article is great. has lows and highs on Mitchell. And from personal experience I agree 100%. Now I understand why he was working on his outside game. He's similar to javel Magee right now. Long help side **** blocker with hops....but no post game. This is today's nba big man. I don't think he will be a prototypical back to the basket player. but he can protect the rim and make up ground. They talked about details I noticed like high hips.....Article is very accurate.

It is a great site. They did a live draft show last night and I think they will make it available as a podcast. If I get a chance I am going to try and see what they thought of the pick. I think they rated him 20th as a prospect.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/22/2018  10:13 AM
i guess its a swing for the fences move which we had to do, but the percent chance this guy does anything for as has to be close to zero.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/22/2018  10:31 AM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I agree. Thanks Andrew for the share. I really think he is very similar to Thon Maker.

With the 36 Pick, the Knicks pick Mitchell Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy