[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With the ninth pick, the NY Knicks select Kevin Knox
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
6/21/2018  9:24 PM
Love this pick. Positionless. They had Knox in with Miles Bridges, and now we know what happened. Porter has been hurt too long. Great hands. Will be a scoring machine on the off wing from KP. HEALTHY. Great pick.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/21/2018  9:27 PM
Uptown wrote:Knox is going to be a scoring machine for us...Can shoot the 3 and has a nice floater in the lane...Fiz needs to coach him up on the defensive end and I'm confident that he will. Happy with the pick...

i also like how he uses glass well. that tells you good shooting touch.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  9:29 PM
Uptown wrote:Knox is going to be a scoring machine for us...Can shoot the 3 and has a nice floater in the lane...Fiz needs to coach him up on the defensive end and I'm confident that he will. Happy with the pick...
if his defense improves...watch out. He is still a baby and like calipari said in two years teams are gonna regret it. I love the youth we have
reub
Member: #6227

6/21/2018  9:30 PM
PhilinLA wrote:Love this pick. Positionless. They had Knox in with Miles Bridges, and now we know what happened. Porter has been hurt too long. Great hands. Will be a scoring machine on the off wing from KP. HEALTHY. Great pick.

Knox averaged 0.3 blocks/40 minutes the same as Trae Young. I'm hoping for the best. Until proven otherwise I will never again speak poorly of him. GOAT.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/21/2018  9:39 PM
reub wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:Love this pick. Positionless. They had Knox in with Miles Bridges, and now we know what happened. Porter has been hurt too long. Great hands. Will be a scoring machine on the off wing from KP. HEALTHY. Great pick.

Knox averaged 0.3 blocks/40 minutes the same as Trae Young. I'm hoping for the best. Until proven otherwise I will never again speak poorly of him. GOAT.

I will be watching how he defends and how much energy he is willing to spend on defense. I remember clearly how he disappeared in the sweet sixteen game. I am ok with him, but I so think Mikal was a much better fit for us. If this is a Fizdale pick, he better make site this dude turns into the next Jayson Tatum.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/21/2018  9:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
reub wrote:

I will be watching how he defends and how much energy he is willing to spend on defense. I remember clearly how he disappeared in the sweet sixteen game. I am ok with him, but I so think Mikal was a much better fit for us. If this is a Fizdale pick, he better make site this dude turns into the next Jayson Tatum.

fortunately he can be molded into whatever we need...he's only 18

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/21/2018  9:57 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
reub wrote:

fortunately he can be molded into whatever we need...he's only 18

The thing to remember is Fiz is bringing that Pat Riley development program here! That’s what he believes in and our kids are already deep in it. They’ll show Knox how it’s done!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/21/2018  9:57 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Hahn saying Fizdale was "giddy" after the Knox workout. "He was absolutely in love with him."

Let’s just hope this wasn’t MDA-Jordan Hill giddy

Lol Mike wanted Steph. That was obvious.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/21/2018  9:58 PM
What I see with knox is a guy with talent who lacks that necessary intensity. He's a guy who's a tweener-- not fast enough for 3 not strong enough for 4. He does remind me of M Beasley-- he's going to have success-- but NBA championship type-not close. With Frank and Knox we have some talent but not too athletic and very average shooters. I don't care what a guy does on workouts-- he needs an intensity upgrade
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/21/2018  9:59 PM
blkexec wrote:I refuse to reply to brggs thread about knox and Beasley when we already have a thread on Knox. so I will respond with yes Briggs... Knox does remind me of Beasley....Eventhough I said melo and melo and beas are similar. But yes you are correct. Let's hope he doesn't smoke the same weed as beas. He already looks sleepy....lol

As I said on another thread - I know less about CBB players than everyone here.

But, in looking at Knox's demeanor, I would be concerned that he might too nice.

I don't think he is anything like Beasley. I don't think he is anything like Melo.

Melo's problem was he is a gemini, and Knox is a Leo. Leo's rule! And I am a gemini!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  10:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What I see with knox is a guy with talent who lacks that necessary intensity. He's a guy who's a tweener-- not fast enough for 3 not strong enough for 4. He does remind me of M Beasley-- he's going to have success-- but NBA championship type-not close. With Frank and Knox we have some talent but not too athletic and very average shooters. I don't care what a guy does on workouts-- he needs an intensity upgrade
no offense Briggs but your predictions never exactly pan out to put it kindly. Frank Kaminsky is the next Dirk. This year you think Huerter is the next star lol. Lets just see what happens.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/21/2018  10:04 PM
This team is cursed. We get rid of one Melo and draft another. The one player, I did not want. Oh well, as with Melo, I will give it a chance. He is young and can still be molded and maybe Fizdale can do it.

Not happy.

meloshouldgo

6/21/2018  10:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What I see with knox is a guy with talent who lacks that necessary intensity. He's a guy who's a tweener-- not fast enough for 3 not strong enough for 4. He does remind me of M Beasley-- he's going to have success-- but NBA championship type-not close. With Frank and Knox we have some talent but not too athletic and very average shooters. I don't care what a guy does on workouts-- he needs an intensity upgrade

He is a finesse player and relies on his touch more than strength and athleticism. As long as he has a high IQ, he will be OK. He needs more finishing ability, seems to rely too much on those off balance floaters.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/21/2018  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  10:17 PM
Kevin Knox best game last year....Show his scoring potential. Very comfortable in the open court...hopefully we push the tempo next season.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/21/2018  10:15 PM
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/21/2018  10:22 PM
He was on my until radar... I argued for him... But I never thought Knox was the best player on the court and I watched a **** ton of Kentucky this year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
meloshouldgo

6/21/2018  10:30 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:He was on my until radar... I argued for him... But I never thought Knox was the best player on the court and I watched a **** ton of Kentucky this year

I almost woulda taken his teammate over him

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/21/2018  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  10:33 PM
I'm not a fan of this pick. Seems like a low-IQ ball player and someone who doesn't have a feel for the game. And unlike skill, those are two things you tend to have or don't. Time will tell but this is the first pick we've made in a while that I haven't been optimistic about. I wish we would've hedged a bit and/or been able to hedge a bit with this pick.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/21/2018  10:37 PM
Hate the Pick and think Briggs is right - he seems soft and lacks intensity. We also don't need another 3/4 dribbling around and isolating - which seems to be his strength. You can have a 3/4 cerebral-type player isolate, drive and kick - but he doesn't seem to have that quality (neither did Melo). Hope he develops his motor and defense, but based on what we know right now - should have taken Mikal Bridges hands down. Plays D, can shoot outside and would have given us 3 2-way players (KP, Bridges, Frank) instead of now needing more defensive help. Would have even went with Lonnie Walker over Knox...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/21/2018  10:39 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Hate the Pick and think Briggs is right - he seems soft and lacks intensity. We also don't need another 3/4 dribbling around and isolating - which seems to be his strength. You can have a 3/4 cerebral-type player isolate, drive and kick - but he doesn't seem to have that quality (neither did Melo). Hope he develops his motor and defense, but based on what we know right now - should have taken Mikal Bridges hands down. Plays D, can shoot outside and would have given us 3 2-way players (KP, Bridges, Frank) instead of now needing more defensive help. Would have even went with Lonnie Walker over Knox...

We bit on the draft workout

RIP Crushalot😞
With the ninth pick, the NY Knicks select Kevin Knox

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy