[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The ULTIMATE KNICKS DRAFT PARTY! (2018 Draft Night Thread)
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/21/2018  4:27 PM
and this fire...
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/21/2018  4:29 PM
Ian Begley ESPN
6 hrs ·
A few Knicks notes as we head into the draft:

Tough to trade up: If the Knicks – or any other team – wants to move up in the draft, it will cost significant assets. So it’s hard to see New York executing a deal to move into the top five. They could include future first-round picks in a trade, but team president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry have placed a high value on those future firsts and don’t seem inclined to include any in a trade. Per ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, the Knicks are one of several teams to talk to Memphis about trading involving its No. 4 pick. The Grizzlies have insisted that any team that acquires its pick take back Chandler Parsons, and the nearly $50 million he’s owed over the next two seasons. The Knicks have told some agents that they are strongly opposed to signing any free agents to long-term contracts this summer. The idea, it appears, is to preserve cap space for 2019. So it wouldn’t make sense for the Knicks to take back Parsons in a trade because his contract would clog their cap for the summer of 2019.

Kyrie, Kawhi: The Knicks hope to have enough space to pursue a top free agent that summer. It’s worth noting that Kyrie Irving will likely be a free agent in 2019. Irving had the Knicks on his list of trade destinations last summer. It's impossible, of course, to talk with any certainty about potential landing spots for Irving more than 12 months away from his free agency. Plenty can change between now and next July. But people around the league expect New York to remain a desired destination for Irving if he hits free agency next summer. And if Irving is interested in New York, you can be sure that the Knicks will be interested in Irving.

Depending on how things unfold over the next few weeks, Kawhi Leonard could be available in free agency in the summer of 2019 as well. Leonard’s advisers view New York as a potential destination for the Spurs star. So it would make sense for the Knicks to try to draw Leonard as a free agent rather than try to trade for him; any trade for Leonard would almost certainly have to include Kristaps Porzingis heading to San Antonio.

What does NYK do at 9? Assuming the Knicks don’t trade up or back, they should have plenty of players to choose from at nine. The big question, of course, is how far Michael Porter Jr. falls. If he’s available at 9, the Knicks will have to think long and hard about the risk/reward of taking Porter Jr. If Wendell Carter Jr. somehow falls to 9, I’d expect the Knicks to take him even with Porter on the board. But let’s assume that neither player is there. It could come down to Kentucky’s Kevin Knox, Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Michigan State’s Miles Bridges and Miami’s Lonnie Walker. I’ve heard that Knox, Mikal Bridges and Walker all have had support within the Knicks front office in the weeks leading up to the draft. If I had to guess at the time of this post (9:30 AM on Thursday), the Knicks would go with Knox in this scenario.

Due diligence: It’s hard to overstate just how important this draft is for the Knicks’ rebuild. It’s also the first draft for the executive duo of Mills and Perry. From an outside view, it seems as if Mills, Perry and the Knicks front office has done its homework for this draft. Like all NBA teams, the Knicks have either hosted – or traveled to – workouts for many potential picks. They’ve had representatives – assistant general manager Gerald Madkins, who overseas the scouting department, and others - at hundreds of college and international games throughout the season. This is what competent NBA teams do. This Knicks regime also seemingly hasn’t had to fight the same perception issues that New York dealt with during Phil Jackson’s presidency. Some young players were turned off by what they’d heard about the Knicks in recent seasons; one of the top point guards in the 2017 NBA Draft was dead set against working out for New York because he didn’t want to run the triangle offense, per sources. This Knicks contingent doesn’t seem to be handcuffed by those same negative perceptions – at least not to the same degree as the past regime.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/21/2018  4:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Imagine a 2-way wing added to this...

F..that Frank is a point guard. This clip with him to KP down the middle of the lane reminded of that despite the 2 guard experiments

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/21/2018  4:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:and this fire...

cajones....nuff said
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/21/2018  4:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The nba is a changed beast.

DONT pass on Trae Young--well regret it. Even if its a mistake--it would be a mistake shooting high. Bt I dont think its a mistake. We really do not have a PG.

Woj tweeted the first 6 spots seem locked in and had young going to the magic. If he falls I think we'll pass.

smackeddog
6/21/2018  4:46 PM
Cartman718 wrote:EVERY KNICKS FAN AFTER THE 8th pick TONIGHT

What do you mean after the 8th pick- that's me now!

sidsanders
Member: #2426

6/21/2018  4:47 PM
the knicks should forfeit the pick, they cant do anything correctly
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
Cartman718

6/21/2018  4:54 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  4:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Ian Begley ESPN
6 hrs ·

Tough to trade up: If the Knicks – or any other team – wants to move up in the draft, it will cost significant assets. So it’s hard to see New York executing a deal to move into the top five. They could include future first-round picks in a trade, but team president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry have placed a high value on those future firsts and don’t seem inclined to include any in a trade. Per ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, the Knicks are one of several teams to talk to Memphis about trading involving its No. 4 pick. The Grizzlies have insisted that any team that acquires its pick take back Chandler Parsons, and the nearly $50 million he’s owed over the next two seasons. The Knicks have told some agents that they are strongly opposed to signing any free agents to long-term contracts this summer. The idea, it appears, is to preserve cap space for 2019. So it wouldn’t make sense for the Knicks to take back Parsons in a trade because his contract would clog their cap for the summer of 2019.

Kyrie, Kawhi: The Knicks hope to have enough space to pursue a top free agent that summer. It’s worth noting that Kyrie Irving will likely be a free agent in 2019. Irving had the Knicks on his list of trade destinations last summer. It's impossible, of course, to talk with any certainty about potential landing spots for Irving more than 12 months away from his free agency. Plenty can change between now and next July. But people around the league expect New York to remain a desired destination for Irving if he hits free agency next summer. And if Irving is interested in New York, you can be sure that the Knicks will be interested in Irving.

Depending on how things unfold over the next few weeks, Kawhi Leonard could be available in free agency in the summer of 2019 as well. Leonard’s advisers view New York as a potential destination for the Spurs star. So it would make sense for the Knicks to try to draw Leonard as a free agent rather than try to trade for him; any trade for Leonard would almost certainly have to include Kristaps Porzingis heading to San Antonio.

What does NYK do at 9? Assuming the Knicks don’t trade up or back, they should have plenty of players to choose from at nine. The big question, of course, is how far Michael Porter Jr. falls. If he’s available at 9, the Knicks will have to think long and hard about the risk/reward of taking Porter Jr. If Wendell Carter Jr. somehow falls to 9, I’d expect the Knicks to take him even with Porter on the board. But let’s assume that neither player is there. It could come down to Kentucky’s Kevin Knox, Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Michigan State’s Miles Bridges and Miami’s Lonnie Walker. I’ve heard that Knox, Mikal Bridges and Walker all have had support within the Knicks front office in the weeks leading up to the draft. If I had to guess at the time of this post (9:30 AM on Thursday), the Knicks would go with Knox in this scenario.

Due diligence: It’s hard to overstate just how important this draft is for the Knicks’ rebuild. It’s also the first draft for the executive duo of Mills and Perry. From an outside view, it seems as if Mills, Perry and the Knicks front office has done its homework for this draft. Like all NBA teams, the Knicks have either hosted – or traveled to – workouts for many potential picks. They’ve had representatives – assistant general manager Gerald Madkins, who overseas the scouting department, and others - at hundreds of college and international games throughout the season. This is what competent NBA teams do. This Knicks regime also seemingly hasn’t had to fight the same perception issues that New York dealt with during Phil Jackson’s presidency. Some young players were turned off by what they’d heard about the Knicks in recent seasons; one of the top point guards in the 2017 NBA Draft was dead set against working out for New York because he didn’t want to run the triangle offense, per sources. This Knicks contingent doesn’t seem to be handcuffed by those same negative perceptions – at least not to the same degree as the past regime.

Kids today... The Triangle was a beacon of truth and justice for the world. No trout dinner for them!

smackeddog
6/21/2018  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  5:04 PM
As they pointed out on the bulls realgm board, notice how he puts no team next to the 4th pick (griz) :

So looks like we cam definitely rule out Bamba to knicks. Seems like the griz are picking Jackson for some other team--wonder which one? Cavs? Clippers? Hornets?

Actually hornets would make a lot of sense--just ditched Dwight, have several vets they would be willing to send to the griz (kemba, batum, MKG etc) all of whom could help the griz now.

Right, I'm calling it- Jackson to hornets!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  5:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:As they pointed out on the bulls realgm board, notice how he puts no team next to the 4th pick (griz) :

So looks like we cam definitely rule out Bamba to knicks. Seems like the griz are picking Jackson for some other team--wonder which one? Cavs? Clippers? Hornets?

Actually hornets would make a lot of sense--just ditched Dwight, have several vets they would be willing to send to the griz (kemba, batum, MKG etc) all of whom could help the griz now.

Right, I'm calling it- Jackson to hornets!

Hope the Celtics dont show up to the draft with a stack of future draft picks to offer in a swap, and move into the top 5.

Already going to be tough to get past them. Also might force the Knicks to go to a plan B. or C. Hopefully its a good one.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/21/2018  5:49 PM
If Trae Young falls to us, immediately call Atlanta for Doncic. Give up the second rounder or even a furure first and get her done. They want Trae they can have him.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
6/21/2018  5:57 PM
Rumors of the hawks taking Doncic and trading him to the mavs for trae young and other stuff (maybe offload bazemore)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/21/2018  5:57 PM
Does Knox have a promise from the Knicks? Said 'we have a new coach' in regards to the Knicks
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  6:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Does Knox have a promise from the Knicks? Said 'we have a new coach' in regards to the Knicks
just misspoke. Im sure he has been told that the knicks are strongly considering him but unless its the first overall pick you dont have any guarantees
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/21/2018  6:16 PM
Word is the Hawks are very intrigued by Trae Young....Hawks may trade Bazemore and 3 to the Mavs for 5. Mavs take Doncic @3 and the Hawks take Young @5 pluse get rid of Baze's contract.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/21/2018  6:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Ian Begley ESPN
6 hrs ·

Kids today... The Triangle was a beacon of truth and justice for the world. No trout dinner for them!

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/21/2018  6:28 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Oh , man it's gonna be 2 am over here when it begins... I don't think I have a choice. Better brew a large pot of coffee:)

where in europe are you and your cell phone number. i'll text you the picks #1 through #9 lol

Thank bro,thats awesome. I am in Russia and I am gonna try to catch a live stream, firstrow has been good to me
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Cartman718

6/21/2018  6:36 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Oh , man it's gonna be 2 am over here when it begins... I don't think I have a choice. Better brew a large pot of coffee:)

where in europe are you and your cell phone number. i'll text you the picks #1 through #9 lol

Thank bro,thats awesome. I am in Russia and I am gonna try to catch a live stream, firstrow has been good to me

espn and reddit might have them as well

Cartman718

6/21/2018  6:37 PM
Kevin Knox's dad wearing a blue suit with orange tie
The ULTIMATE KNICKS DRAFT PARTY! (2018 Draft Night Thread)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy