[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The ULTIMATE KNICKS DRAFT PARTY! (2018 Draft Night Thread)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/22/2018  1:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Another dimwit

My thoughts exactly. Never though I'd say this but maybe Phil Jackson was the one actually making our draft picks. There is definitely a different feel to what we're doing this year and I do not mean in a good way.

It was the 36th pick in the draft. The second round is all a crap shoot as most of these players wont be in the league in 3 years....Did you want the Knicks to make a safe pick at 36?

When it comes to the draft, I always ask myself "if a player isn't taken at a certain spot, how far would he fall?". When I look at a guy like Mitchell, I can't help but get the feeling that the answer would be "somewhere in the 50s or goes undrafted". With the game getting smaller and the glut of pivots in the league, I can't see this guy offering much value even if he achieves his best case scenario (big off the bench). So why bother even drafting him at all?

I get the feeling he's nothing more than yet another Jeremy Tyler.

The front office we have

The pick completes the Carmelo Anthony trade as they obtained the second-round pick in the trade. The Knicks met with Robinson but never worked him out.

ridiculous

He sprained his ankle so was unable to do proper workouts for teams.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2018  1:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Never though I'd say this but maybe Phil Jackson was the one actually making our draft picks. There is definitely a different feel to what we're doing this year and I do not mean in a good way.

It was the 36th pick in the draft. The second round is all a crap shoot as most of these players wont be in the league in 3 years....Did you want the Knicks to make a safe pick at 36?

When it comes to the draft, I always ask myself "if a player isn't taken at a certain spot, how far would he fall?". When I look at a guy like Mitchell, I can't help but get the feeling that the answer would be "somewhere in the 50s or goes undrafted". With the game getting smaller and the glut of pivots in the league, I can't see this guy offering much value even if he achieves his best case scenario (big off the bench). So why bother even drafting him at all?

I get the feeling he's nothing more than yet another Jeremy Tyler.

The front office we have

The pick completes the Carmelo Anthony trade as they obtained the second-round pick in the trade. The Knicks met with Robinson but never worked him out.

ridiculous

He sprained his ankle so was unable to do proper workouts for teams.

Phil did the same thing with Frank. Frank was the 8th pick in the draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/23/2018  12:49 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is a dimwit post. Coming out of high school he was a top ten talent. Most guys taken in the second round don't have a career in the NBA. Who had so much more talent at 36?

The term dimwit refers to the players IQ, not his talent level. He wasn't even smart enough to go to college.

so you mean before high school eligibility went away, we shouldn't have drafted anyone out of high school. do we need to post how many superstars we'd have missed out on..?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/23/2018  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  12:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is a dimwit post. Coming out of high school he was a top ten talent. Most guys taken in the second round don't have a career in the NBA. Who had so much more talent at 36?

The term dimwit refers to the players IQ, not his talent level. He wasn't even smart enough to go to college.

so you mean before high school eligibility went away, we shouldn't have drafted anyone out of high school. do we need to post how many superstars we'd have missed out on..?

Unless you have a body of work to look at you are playing odds like buying a powerball ticket. I sure you can tell me about lots of people who have won the Powerball as well, but it still doesn't make rational sense to buy the ticket.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/23/2018  12:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Complete waste of high second rounder, dude hasn't even played against anything more than high school completion

Not quite sure I'd classify it as a waste. One of the main problems is he's so raw, he might not develop until his SECOND CONTRACT. Which could be problematic for the Knicks in terms of trying to reap the benefits of a cost controlled young player.

I liked De'Anthony Melton and Shake Milton quite a bit more. To be fair, I don't think either would have been the best SLOT value at 36. I was interested to see how far Robert William would fall. I'm not sure he will pan out, but Good God, the guy is really interesting to watch.

Going to be honest, I have a hard time with any player who has proven they need to be convinced to work harder. I always equate the NBA franchise/player relationship like a marriage. Do you want to come home and convince your wife why it's a good idea to do the laundry? Cook dinner? Blow you? The franchise/player situation works when it's a true partnership. Both sides to their best to do their end to respect the relationship. I get our new 2nd round pick is very young, but he could have done a lot more to put himself in a better position if being an NBA player was his ultimate dream.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/23/2018  12:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

No sir he got into college, when the ppl that got him into the college were fired he wanted to transfer but found out he would have to sit a year, so he opted to simply train for the draft. So that's what he did.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2018  12:42 PM
We draft potential. No hard to figure.
CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  12:48 PM
dacash wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

No sir he got into college, when the ppl that got him into the college were fired he wanted to transfer but found out he would have to sit a year, so he opted to simply train for the draft. So that's what he did.

This. He committed to WKU because his godfather was (Shammond Williams) was on the staff.
meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  1:07 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Complete waste of high second rounder, dude hasn't even played against anything more than high school completion

Not quite sure I'd classify it as a waste. One of the main problems is he's so raw, he might not develop until his SECOND CONTRACT. Which could be problematic for the Knicks in terms of trying to reap the benefits of a cost controlled young player.

I liked De'Anthony Melton and Shake Milton quite a bit more. To be fair, I don't think either would have been the best SLOT value at 36. I was interested to see how far Robert William would fall. I'm not sure he will pan out, but Good God, the guy is really interesting to watch.

Going to be honest, I have a hard time with any player who has proven they need to be convinced to work harder. I always equate the NBA franchise/player relationship like a marriage. Do you want to come home and convince your wife why it's a good idea to do the laundry? Cook dinner? Blow you? The franchise/player situation works when it's a true partnership. Both sides to their best to do their end to respect the relationship. I get our new 2nd round pick is very young, but he could have done a lot more to put himself in a better position if being an NBA player was his ultimate dream.

No worries, unlike the resident troll, I have no issues with people who have differing opinions. To me it's a waste, because it's a low percentage move. Can it succeed? Of course it can. Anything is possible.

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  1:06 PM
Nalod wrote:We draft potential. No hard to figure.

Potential determined by what process? I think someone already posted he didn't work out for us and didn't play in college. He didn't even participate in the combine.

CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  1:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Potential determined by what process? I think someone already posted he didn't work out for us and didn't play in college. He didn't even participate in the combine.

They also posted the reasons why. You have to read through the thread or research the pick to know these things.
meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  1:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

They also posted the reasons why. You have to read through the thread or research the pick to know these things.

I did read through it, and I still think it's a low percentage move.

CrushAlot
USA
6/23/2018  1:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I did read through it, and I still think it's a low percentage move.

So you know that there was a reason he didn't work out? You also know that there is a reason why he ended up leaving WKU and that he would have had to sit out this year if he transferred? I guess I am wondering why you keep bringing things up as faults if you know the background information.
meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2018  2:09 PM
Leaving college and potentially screwing up your own career because your godfather resigned is not very smart. He made a commitment to the college and it wasn't conditional on continued employment for his godfather. He went back on his commitment, bad judgment.
smackeddog
6/23/2018  2:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Leaving college and potentially screwing up your own career because your godfather resigned is not very smart. He made a commitment to the college and it wasn't conditional on continued employment for his godfather. He went back on his commitment, bad judgment.

How dare an 18 year old make a mistake! Unforgivable!

meloshouldgo

6/23/2018  2:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Leaving college and potentially screwing up your own career because your godfather resigned is not very smart. He made a commitment to the college and it wasn't conditional on continued employment for his godfather. He went back on his commitment, bad judgment.

Did I say it was unforgivable? All I said was, I think he isn't very smart. And I'll hold that view till he shows me otherwise.

smackeddog
6/23/2018  4:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Did I say it was unforgivable? All I said was, I think he isn't very smart. And I'll hold that view till he shows me otherwise.

You have no idea why he chose to do what he did. I took a break for a year from college- it’s just something I had to do for my own well-being, didn’t make me a dimwit, and him choosing not to go doesn’t make him a dimwit. Sometimes we make decisions based on things other than logic, they have consequences but I do think they ultimately tend to be for the best.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2018  5:01 PM
Knicks going high ceiling. 36th pick. Process is go young and go long. Stuff we don’t know is due diligence to nba teams. It’s all low %. Takes tome. This process has no baring on anything in our past. Frank, Knox, Williams all very young. This is the process and will take time. The impatient will suffer. The patient will suffer. All fans will have to find elements other than winning to enjoy. No more shortcuts. We have blue chip youth. That’s the process for now. Team and that will evolve.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/23/2018  9:31 PM
Nalod wrote:Knicks going high ceiling. 36th pick. Process is go young and go long. Stuff we don’t know is due diligence to nba teams. It’s all low %. Takes tome. This process has no baring on anything in our past. Frank, Knox, Williams all very young. This is the process and will take time. The impatient will suffer. The patient will suffer. All fans will have to find elements other than winning to enjoy. No more shortcuts. We have blue chip youth. That’s the process for now. Team and that will evolve.

Blue chip? What makes them "blue chip"?
We participated in the draft, had a first round pick with like 20 something teams (several had 2 or 3 picks). What makes our youth "blue chip"?

meloshouldgo

6/24/2018  3:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You have no idea why he chose to do what he did. I took a break for a year from college- it’s just something I had to do for my own well-being, didn’t make me a dimwit, and him choosing not to go doesn’t make him a dimwit. Sometimes we make decisions based on things other than logic, they have consequences but I do think they ultimately tend to be for the best.

You are right I have no idea why he did it. But I based my comment on what the article said about why he did it. We can sit here and argue if the article is right or wrong, but I don't think I care anymore. Peace.

The ULTIMATE KNICKS DRAFT PARTY! (2018 Draft Night Thread)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy