Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  11:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The idea around adding a guy like Bamba imo would be to mold him as a monster man to man/switch defender who can also stretch the floor. This would make an ideal modern frontline of size, length, defense, spacing.

But 4 also may put us in position of Luka and JJJ.

yes this.

The only guy I DONT like at 4 is Bagley

When all is said and done, Bagley has the potential to end up being the best player in the draft...No way he's there at 4 though...

They had to hide him on defense at Duke, and I don't even follow college ball and I know that

What???? No they didnt

Why’d they switch to zone?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

6/20/2018  11:18 PM
Maybe im the only one who feels taking on that kind of salary and giving up #9 is way too much just to move up 5 spots..put a package around the 36 pick and Lee and/or Thomas
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/21/2018  12:46 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The idea around adding a guy like Bamba imo would be to mold him as a monster man to man/switch defender who can also stretch the floor. This would make an ideal modern frontline of size, length, defense, spacing.

yes this.

When all is said and done, Bagley has the potential to end up being the best player in the draft...No way he's there at 4 though...

They had to hide him on defense at Duke, and I don't even follow college ball and I know that

What???? No they didnt

They used the zone most of the year. When bagley got hurt--that team changed--the guy was the best player in CBB before that.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/21/2018  2:33 AM
Ira wrote:I'd certainly prefer JJ over Bamba if we trade up to 4, but JJ will probably be gone and Bamba will probably be there.

Both jj and Bamba would be available at 4- griz will only trade down if the Hawks take Doncic at 3. Ayton is going 1 and likely Kings go Bagely.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/21/2018  5:24 AM
I encourage everyone to hear Bamba speak if you haven't during interviews or TV appearances. He seems to be a really great guy, very intelligent. Seems to me like a Fizdale type of player.

Hell no to Trae Young, if we select him I hope it's to package with other assets for players who are 'long and tough'.

Rose is not the answer.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/21/2018  6:06 AM
How does this make any sense? How is Lee, Thomas and 9 enough for the 4th pick and Parsons. I could see it if they were dumping Parsons outright and getting cost controlled young players but not for whats being reported. If they want Hardaway Jr. they can have him but they will be regretting that immediately being forced to give him an extra year.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/21/2018  6:12 AM
Jmpasq wrote:How does this make any sense? How is Lee, Thomas and 9 enough for the 4th pick and Parsons. I could see it if they were dumping Parsons outright and getting cost controlled young players but not for whats being reported. If they want Hardaway Jr. they can have him but they will be regretting that immediately being forced to give him an extra year.
Has the Knick offer been reported? Most of the speculation about the offer that I have seen has the Knicks sending hardaway as part of the package.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/21/2018  6:21 AM
Something tells me anyone either the Grizz or Hawks deal with will have to give up a future #1 or the option to swap picks during more than one season.

Don't forget the lotto is going to be better for teams that finish where we typically have to win the #1 pick as well.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/21/2018  6:52 AM
dwiley20 wrote:Maybe im the only one who feels taking on that kind of salary and giving up #9 is way too much just to move up 5 spots..put a package around the 36 pick and Lee and/or Thomas

Yeah your the only one, Lee and Thomas basically equal that anyway. Id rather give them Hardaway at least in 2 years we would open up 60 million in cap space.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/21/2018  7:33 AM
I am all for Bamba. He solidifies the team defensively and them much needed athleticism.

I think he is a game changer type player.

My Wishes:

Bamba
Mikal Bridges

1 of them would be great. If I am Perry, I work like hell to get both. Everything should be on the table except for KP/Frank.

RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/21/2018  7:41 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I encourage everyone to hear Bamba speak if you haven't during interviews or TV appearances. He seems to be a really great guy, very intelligent. Seems to me like a Fizdale type of player.

Hell no to Trae Young, if we select him I hope it's to package with other assets for players who are 'long and tough'.

From what I read Bamba was smart enough to attend an Ivy League school if not for his superior basketball skills.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/21/2018  7:41 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Could the Knicks trade Kanter? He is either a one year contract or he opts out giving them immediate relief on the cap. Tim makes sense if they see themselves as contending.

Can't trade Kantyer until he "officially opts in"

Interesting as he is an expiring deal the moment he opts in. Kanter has said he wants long term security. So unlikely he would help NY get another C by opting in early and being trade bait.

Parsons is a bad contract but its only 2 more years. As we see with Mozgov, all contracts can be moved.

I would consider trading a future #1 as well to get #4 without giving up #9. 2 players at the top of this draft could transform this team FAST.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2018  10:22 AM
WOJ thinks Knicks trade up is unlikely.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23860492

PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/21/2018  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  10:40 AM
I want the 4th pick but giving Memphis the 9th pick and taking on Parsons really bad contract is too rich for me. The price of somebody taking Parsons contract should be the 4th pick overall. I would send them THJr, Baker, Mudiay and the 36th pick for Parsons and the 4th pick. It's sort of a soft reboot getting out of a bad crutch and getting some young assets with it. If not then you tell memphis have fun trying to field a competitive in the west while being hampered by an insane contract.

This is like buying a car. When you go to a dealer you must be willing to walk away if you don't like the deal.

NYKBocker
USA
6/21/2018  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  10:43 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Could the Knicks trade Kanter? He is either a one year contract or he opts out giving them immediate relief on the cap. Tim makes sense if they see themselves as contending.

Can't trade Kantyer until he "officially opts in"

Interesting as he is an expiring deal the moment he opts in. Kanter has said he wants long term security. So unlikely he would help NY get another C by opting in early and being trade bait.

Parsons is a bad contract but its only 2 more years. As we see with Mozgov, all contracts can be moved.

I would consider trading a future #1 as well to get #4 without giving up #9. 2 players at the top of this draft could transform this team FAST.

Not sure if this is true. Mozgov is somewhat serviceable. Parsons can't even play anymore. Plus there is 10M difference per year on their contract.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/21/2018  10:43 AM
I think the bulls will be the ones to do a deal with the Griz- they want Bamba and could draft an nba ready player to send back to the griz (either Mikal or Carter) along with Portis and one of their extra backup point guards.

We jumped the gun with this Bamba talk, time to get back to preparing who we'll get with the 9th pick.

NYKBocker
USA
6/21/2018  10:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think the bulls will be the ones to do a deal with the Griz- they want Bamba and could draft an nba ready player to send back to the griz (either Mikal or Carter) along with Portis and one of their extra backup point guards.

We jumped the gun with this Bamba talk, time to get back to preparing who we'll get with the 9th pick.

They would have to send bigger contracts along with Portis. Like Asik and Felicio to make the deal work.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  10:48 AM
Bamba and KP would be one scary front line. If this is legit, it might be just as much about Bamba, as it is keeping the Celtics from trading up for him. Bamba on an already stacked Celtics, would be bad news.
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/21/2018  10:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think the bulls will be the ones to do a deal with the Griz- they want Bamba and could draft an nba ready player to send back to the griz (either Mikal or Carter) along with Portis and one of their extra backup point guards.

I can see this happening too.

if Grizz want an immediately contributing player, they can get better offers than we can make (e.g., Dallas); if they're still seeking a high pick I can your Chicago scenario.

Having said that, I think it would be smart move for us to move up

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/21/2018  11:12 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:

yes this.

What???? No they didnt

They used the zone most of the year. When bagley got hurt--that team changed--the guy was the best player in CBB before that.

For someone who touts his CBB "expertise" and lets us know how much he watch those games, you miss a lot. I don't follow CBB, I just read random stuff and make note. So many articles about when and why Duke went exclusively to zone, a team that as far as I can tell is known for the man defense over the years.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/26/17163732/duke-zone-marvin-bagley-wendell-carter

The biggest issue for Bagley in those games was his defensive awareness, as it has been all season. While he has the foot speed to get down in a stance and stay in front of smaller guards on the perimeter, he doesn’t have the length (at 6-foot-11, he has only a 7-foot wingspan) or the instincts to consistently rotate over and protect the rim. Bagley can be an elite individual defender when he’s locked in, but that rarely happened this season. His incredibly poor NCAA block percentage (3.8 percent) for a big man with his athletic ability is a good indication that he will not be able to anchor a defense at the next level.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy