Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  5:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Mitch gave Moz that contract. He maybe a fan of his. The Knicks need an owner to hire Phil. Maybe Phil in a new spot would take Noah off of the Knicks hands. Otherwise, I don't see that boat anchor of a deal ever being moved. I do think there is a better chance that Noah gets moved before Phil gets a gm job.
Pretty sure Phil is done in the NBA. Dude is too old and too rich to take another gig even if Michael Jordan offers it
Agreed. Plus Phil isnt a idiot. Obviously the noah contract was terrible but he left us with some good young pieces and extra draft picks

Evidence says otherwise, see his time with the Knicks (after his own $$$$ contact)

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/20/2018  5:47 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Mitch gave Moz that contract. He maybe a fan of his. The Knicks need an owner to hire Phil. Maybe Phil in a new spot would take Noah off of the Knicks hands. Otherwise, I don't see that boat anchor of a deal ever being moved. I do think there is a better chance that Noah gets moved before Phil gets a gm job.
Pretty sure Phil is done in the NBA. Dude is too old and too rich to take another gig even if Michael Jordan offers it
Agreed. Plus Phil isnt a idiot. Obviously the noah contract was terrible but he left us with some good young pieces and extra draft picks

Evidence says otherwise, see his time with the Knicks (after his own $$$$ contact)

im definetly not saying he was a good gm
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/20/2018  9:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  9:21 PM
The Nets are Kings of the tanking game. With this trade they have already secured a top 3 pick for 2019 draft.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
6/20/2018  11:07 PM
MS wrote:The Knicks are the only team in the league that can't move a contract.

Howard actually played well. I am surprised Cleveland didn't get involved.

The Knicks chose not to move any contracts because they would have had to give up assets to do so. The nets gave up assets here. Why do the Knicks need to move a contract right now? They don’t. At least not right now they don’t.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/21/2018  6:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:I don't get the hornets logic in this--why take on such a huge chunk of salary for an extra year when Howard was due to expire after next season. If they didn't want him around they could have just bought him out.

Should of offered them Noah and a 2nd

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

6/21/2018  7:01 AM
djsunyc wrote:this gives nets space for 2 max contracts for 19/20.

Oh you mean what any competent front office does. Sean Marks is the real deal once they get their picks back they will be good.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

6/21/2018  7:03 AM
martin wrote:

Allen Crabbe, Jarrett Allen, LaVert, 2018 TOR pick, some 2nd round picks and lots of cap space.

That's their team.

Yes but we should of been angling to do the same thing except we would of had a core of at least one star, Frank, and 2 more first round picks to go along with the cap space.
nyk2017
Member: #7538

6/21/2018  8:49 AM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I am just glad that he didnt trade away all the first round picks like the previous GM's

nyk2017
Member: #7538

6/21/2018  8:50 AM
Cartman718 wrote:The Nets are Kings of the tanking game. With this trade they have already secured a top 3 pick for 2019 draft.

The Kings should not be in a tanking game. They dont own their first round pick next year

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/21/2018  9:16 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:

Allen Crabbe, Jarrett Allen, LaVert, 2018 TOR pick, some 2nd round picks and lots of cap space.

That's their team.

Yes but we should of been angling to do the same thing except we would of had a core of at least one star, Frank, and 2 more first round picks to go along with the cap space.

Knicks are in position to do so, just the year after.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718

6/21/2018  10:49 AM
nyk2017 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:The Nets are Kings of the tanking game. With this trade they have already secured a top 3 pick for 2019 draft.

The Kings should not be in a tanking game. They dont own their first round pick next year

Kings...not Sacramento Kings

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2018  11:56 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

Secure a top 5 pick right....because of the new lottery rules?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Cartman718

6/21/2018  12:05 PM
Andrew wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

Thought it was 3, not 5. Wiki..
"Beginning with the 2019 draft, the NBA will change the lottery odds (the bottom three teams will all have an equal 14% chance of winning the top pick)"

MS
Member: #724
6/21/2018  12:28 PM
This looks like a missed opportunity for the Knicks, to clear out cap space for next year's free agent class. I would rather have Noah then Mozgov. If Dwight was such a problem in the lockeroom the knicks could have always offered him a buyout. We had the second round pick to trade this year as well.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2018  12:29 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

"Beginning with the 2019 draft, the NBA will change the lottery odds (the bottom three teams will all have an equal 14% chance of winning the top pick)"

You left off the last part of the sentence....

and increase the number of teams selected in the lottery from three to four.

Means that 4 teams could potentially jump ahead of them.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Cartman718

6/21/2018  12:40 PM
Andrew wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

You left off the last part of the sentence....

and increase the number of teams selected in the lottery from three to four.

Means that 4 teams could potentially jump ahead of them.

We could also potentially end up with lebron james this summer.

Cartman718

6/21/2018  3:39 PM
and already...
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23863678/dwight-howard-brooklyn-nets-working-buyout

Eight-time NBA All-Star Dwight Howard and the Brooklyn Nets have agreed to enter into buyout talks for his $23.8 million expiring contract.

"I want to be in a situation where I have an opportunity to help a team win," Howard said Thursday during a phone interview. "That's my only goal. All I need is a real chance and a clean slate where it's not people talking about my past."

A buyout will allow the 6-foot-11 center to hit free agency this summer. Howard, 32, will ultimately be one of the top free-agent big men on the market and contending teams will have interest.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Trade grades: Who wins Nets-Hornets Dwight Howard deal?
The Nets get Dwight Howard from Charlotte to help clear space for free agents in 2019. Kevin Pelton grades the trade.

Sources: Hornets trading Howard to Nets
The Hornets have agreed to send Dwight Howard to the Nets for Timofey Mozgov, draft picks and cash, sources told ESPN.

D12: Van Gundy moment 'worst day of my life'
Dwight Howard recalled with bitterness the time he famously put his arm around Stan Van Gundy after his then-coach with the Magic had told media Howard wanted him fired.

On Wednesday, the Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn agreed to a trade that will send Howard to the Nets in exchange for center Timofey Mozgov, two second-round picks and cash, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The trade won't become official until after the moratorium has concluded on July 6.

Howard said he was blindsided by the trade, a transaction that allowed Charlotte to distance itself from the tax line.

"I was just really in total shock because I wasn't expecting it to happen," he said. "I thought this season was really good. For one, this is the healthiest I've been and two, my stats this season has been one of the best since I've been in the NBA."

The three-time Defensive Player of the Year recipient has yet to communicate with Hornets' brass.

"Everything happens for a reason," Howard said. "I'm not going to allow this to distract me from what my goal is, which is to continue to get better as a player."

Howard finished the 2017-18 campaign with averages of 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in 81 games. His play earned All-Star consideration. Howard's point total was his best output in the past four years and he participated in 80-plus regular-season contests for the first time in eight years.

He also expanded his game, in what he called a "resurrection year," with the addition of a midrange pull-up jumper.

"This year was an opportunity for me to show what type of player I am and where I can go," he said. "This season I made the most jumps shots that I've made my whole career. I've improved my pick-and-pops. My [isolation] numbers are very high. I'm in a position where I can still dominate on the post, but I can do more things now because I understand the game on a different level. Furthermore, I still want to continue developing and growing as a player."

This past season, Howard finished sixth in the league in screen assists (4.2 per game), a screen that directly leads to a made field goal by the teammate using the pick. He was one of only three players to average at least 16 points and 12 rebounds per game. He averaged 20.6 points and 12.1 boards in March.

"I want to give a team all of me, on and off the court," Howard said. "And basically, an organization that will give me a clean slate and just let me be who I am. I still can jump, I still can play, I still can contribute and I can contribute in any system."

On March 21, Howard scored 32 points and pulled down 30 rebounds during a 111-105 victory over the Nets. Howard and Kevin Love (November 2010) are the only two players to produce 30-30 games in the past 36 years.

Howard's talent has never been questioned. There has been a perception, however, that he's a locker room issue. Although there were no major rifts reported in-season the past two years, rumors of Hornets players disliking Howard surfaced as soon as word leaked that he was joining his fourth different team in as many years.

Atlanta Hawks guard Kent Bazemore played with Howard during the 2016-17 season.

"[Dwight's] gotten so much of a bad rap, but he's a great teammate," Bazemore told ESPN. "For such a long season, his energy and his laughing helps you get through. And if you're going through a tough stretch personally, it's good to have that type of person around. Before he signed in Atlanta, there was all this bad stuff said about him. ... I found that he has a good heart and he works hard every day to turn that perception around."

Howard questions the motives of his detractors.

"I know a lot of people are going to always have questions and try to point it to one thing or the other, but a lot of times you always have to consider the source," Howard said. "And when somebody always downplays another player, you have to check their character also. But there's always going to be rumors. But on the flip side, when I was in Atlanta, I was considered the best teammate and I got the award for being the best teammate. I've always prided myself on treating people how I wanted to be treated."

Whichever team he plays for next, he plans to step his game up even further.

"I felt like this year was a resurgence for me and the biggest reason is because I'm healthy," he said. "I didn't have any problems this whole year. My whole goal is to come back next season, improve and try to win a championship for my team."

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  4:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Seems to be his effect on team chemistry /the locker room, it's why the hawks shipped him out last year.

They played a clip of Brendan Haywood on ESPN, who said he spoke to teammates on his last 3 teams, and they couldnt stand Howard. I remember a story from a few years ago about Howard. It said that after a tough loss while other players were down, or upset, Howard would joke around, and act like he didnt give a F. Thats a good way to alienate your teammates.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  4:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Seems to be his effect on team chemistry /the locker room, it's why the hawks shipped him out last year.

They played a clip of Brendan Haywood on ESPN, who said he spoke to teammates on his last 3 teams, and they couldnt stand Howard. I remember a story from a few years ago about Howard. It said that after a tough loss while other players were down, or upset, Howard would joke around, and act like he didnt give a F. Thats a good way to alienate your teammates.

yeah that guy really doesnt care. Remember that infamous press conference witg Stan Van Gundy when stan admitted dwight wanted him gone then he came over and put his arm around stan for show lol
OT: "Untradeable contract" Timofey Mozgov Traded...Again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy