[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kanter wants long term contract.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/20/2018  7:02 PM
Kanter and Ron work money wise for Parsons. If they want a wing Tim makes sense but Ron or someone else would need to be included to make the salaries work.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/20/2018  7:34 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:With the league glaringly going towards bigs that shoot 3s or space, Kanter has made an obvious choice NOT to. He used to shoot from deeper range but did not with the Knicks. Stupid.

Stupid is ignoring all Kanter brought to the table last season, got into the best shape of his career in the offseason, and put up solid numbers. Played through one serious injury after another, was a team player.

But sure lets call him 'stupid", because he was "only" elite as a rebounder, post player. We dont deserve decent players with garbage posts like this.

For Kanters numbers did he help us win any games? Im sorry but you can't pay guys 18-20 million a year that don't produce wins

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/20/2018  7:48 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:With the league glaringly going towards bigs that shoot 3s or space, Kanter has made an obvious choice NOT to. He used to shoot from deeper range but did not with the Knicks. Stupid.

Stupid is ignoring all Kanter brought to the table last season, got into the best shape of his career in the offseason, and put up solid numbers. Played through one serious injury after another, was a team player.

But sure lets call him 'stupid", because he was "only" elite as a rebounder, post player. We dont deserve decent players with garbage posts like this.

Empty stats just dont do it for me. Move the team towards a win or for an ACTUAL win, those are the types of players I want on the team.

For as much as he gets paid especially. I could maybe see 10 million a year but the timing is not right for that contract

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  9:36 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Empty stats just dont do it for me. Move the team towards a win or for an ACTUAL win, those are the types of players I want on the team.

For as much as he gets paid especially. I could maybe see 10 million a year but the timing is not right for that contract

AGREED

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/20/2018  10:55 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

AGREED

You are suggesting that Kanter should be paid what was considered a bargain for a good big man, 4 years ago. You double, if not triple down on calling Kanter stupid. For what? Being a role player, and not an all star? Salariez are going up all the time, but you want to pay Kanter like he is in the ABA.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  11:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

AGREED

You are suggesting that Kanter should be paid what was considered a bargain for a good big man, 4 years ago. You double, if not triple down on calling Kanter stupid. For what? Being a role player, and not an all star? Salariez are going up all the time, but you want to pay Kanter like he is in the ABA.

I listed my reasons above, did you miss them? Nothing to do with being a role player or non all star.

I want the Knicks to be a playoff team, do you?

If you think Kanter can be a starter or key cog on that type of team, state that. Let me know if you want him as a starter or off the bench. Also let me know what salary and contract length you would give him and then how the Knicks can use the remaining space to build a playoff team.

I’ll wait on a reply.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/21/2018  9:15 AM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You and I went through this before. Name 1 game that Kanter had an impact on. A winning game would be nice but not necessary.

You kept ignoring my question. Repeatedly.

I named at least 1, a Miami game where he dominated the Heat with both KP out and Whiteside out, late Nov.

Any others?

Kanter is a bench player you acquire AFTER the starters are in place and your salary situation is in tact. He'd be good at below $10M once your first 5 are there. Knicks are not in a position to offer him a contract that he is looking for.

Kanter was our best player last year. I would have said keep him e end of the year. But with some distance... I would let him walk. I think he's an outdated model at this point. Howard and Mozgov just got traded because their games are ill-suited for the modern NBA. I feel the same way about Kanter. He doesn't do enough on the outside, he doesn't run well, and he doesn't defend. He's a great offensive rebounder but I would like for him to do more on the defensive glass

lol best at what? Not playing much in the 4th quarter? Empty stat collection?

Same question to you: What games did his play really impact games?

There were a couple games where THJr and even Beas took over and it lead to a win, carried the team for stretches of games. I'm still racking my brain as to what Kanter did for the team?

His padded stats are nice. For half a game? Both in terms of offense/defense and minutes played?

What does Kanter bring to the team?

I think I are in part with both sides here. Kanter bring rebounding and heart, he brings a big body around the rim we can throw at opposing defenses. But a doesn't really won games for us. So comes din to whether you think we will have impact players in each position and he needs to be replaced by one in the 2-3 year timeframe, or whether you think he is an ok support piece for the next three years, provided it's s reasonable contract.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
6/21/2018  6:16 PM
What's a reasonable contract for the Knicks and Kanter? 3 yrs 36mil?
I think if he came off the bench in KOQ's role last year and played w the same energy he would be really good.
I also think KOQ would be good too and maybe he's cheaper. I feel like KOQ might get a little better w Fiz- I think both are useful but neither intimidate anyone. If I had to imagine one getting minutes w either finals team I see KOQ being able to at least play David West minutes - something about Kanter makes him harder to see fitting in w a championship team even though his numbers are way better than KOQ. Last season sucked but I have to say I loved KOQ's passing game! It always caught me by surprise and his timing and awareness of the other bench dudes was really good- I remember him hooking up Doug McD better than tany of the guards- (not saying that but but still...)
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/21/2018  10:53 PM
Out of curiosity, if Kanter were to skip town and sign elsewhere as a free agent, do we see upside to bringing in Dwight Howard for cheap? (Howard gives you a lot of what you get from Kanter + shot blocking)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/21/2018  10:56 PM
technomaster wrote:Out of curiosity, if Kanter were to skip town and sign elsewhere as a free agent, do we see upside to bringing in Dwight Howard for cheap? (Howard gives you a lot of what you get from Kanter + shot blocking)
no plus he was traded to brooklyn. Plus he i s an *******
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  10:57 PM
technomaster wrote:Out of curiosity, if Kanter were to skip town and sign elsewhere as a free agent, do we see upside to bringing in Dwight Howard for cheap? (Howard gives you a lot of what you get from Kanter + shot blocking)

What Howard would give us with better defense, history shows he would take away when, it comes to chemistry.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  4:34 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
no plus he was traded to brooklyn. Plus he i s an *******

He's been bought out by the nets. I don't want him at all--last three locker rooms have been desperate to get rid of him. Seems very unlikeable - don't think his rep ever recovered from that SVG public phoney incident.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2018  4:36 AM
Kanter would be silly to opt out--the front court is all his this season (we're dangerously thin there), plus there's no market for him this off season. He should opt in and show case himself for next year. I'm fine with him opting out though as it frees up cap space we could use to take on a one year rental.
Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2018  7:47 AM
I'd rather have O'Quinn, who actually plays defense.
Kanter wants long term contract.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy