Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/20/2018  3:53 PM
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Markji wrote:Trae Young won't be available at #9. If he is, then we take him.

But since Trae won't be available, then we take a SF, IMHO. 3 pretty good ones are available. Both Bridges and Knox.
My choice is Mikal Bridges. Excellent D; Excellent team/help D; Great energy and work ethic; OH! and Mikal shot 43.5% from 3. That is way higher than Young (36%) or anyone else touted to be a lottery pick.

Bridges could come in on day one and make an impact. But I don't see anyway he ends up being vastly better to THJ or Courtney Lee... and we don't need depth, we need talent

Defensively, Mikal is much better than THJ. Maybe not better than Courtney Lee but Lee will be 33 at the beginning of the season. CLee is 6'5" while Mikal is 6'7" and more suited to SF. THJ and CLee to SG.
I am surprised that no team traded for CLee at the trade deadline last season. CLee was having a very good year and would have helped a number of playoff teams, IMO. Maybe there is a trade for him brewing right now??

2 years left at ~$12.5M and at almost 33 when most guards lose their legs. I'm also just guessing that the Knicks asked if he wanted to be traded (maybe considering they didn't get an offer that knocked them over) and he declined. Also recall that a lot of vets got let go at deadline or got bought out and were there for the pickings for playoff teams.

CLee isn't most guards. He has had 2 of his best years as a Knick these past 2 years. Ray Allen, a similar sized guard played well into his late 30's. In the playoffs, I would love to have CLee come off the bench. Very solid and has hit 40% from 3 these past 2 seasons for the Knicks. But that is neither here nor there. It didn't happen.

If Lee were on an expiring or only had 1 year left there may have been more offers or more offers that the Knicks liked. Also, his stats were nice but you aren't considering it from a financial standpoint, where repeater luxury tax is in play versus a guard who gets cut and you can sign for cheap as well as not giving up a pick.

Markji wrote:I still like Mikal Bridges for the Knicks at #9.

Martin, who would you like to have the Knicks draft at #9?

I like Mikal as a fallback and like Carter and a few others who probably go before 9. I don't pay attention to college enough to really have too much to say on these thing. Knox seems interesting but I've read some that suggests his BBIQ is not up there, which is a red flag for me. Don't like Trae or Sexton.

Would love to take on Parsons for the #4 regardless of who top 3 are.

parsons, noah, and lance on your Books...For a 4th pick that may turn out to be just a role player..

Like you can't take on parson contract unless your 100% sure that pick is an absolute game changer

ES
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2018  3:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

But since Trae won't be available, then we take a SF, IMHO. 3 pretty good ones are available. Both Bridges and Knox.
My choice is Mikal Bridges. Excellent D; Excellent team/help D; Great energy and work ethic; OH! and Mikal shot 43.5% from 3. That is way higher than Young (36%) or anyone else touted to be a lottery pick.

Bridges could come in on day one and make an impact. But I don't see anyway he ends up being vastly better to THJ or Courtney Lee... and we don't need depth, we need talent

Defensively, Mikal is much better than THJ. Maybe not better than Courtney Lee but Lee will be 33 at the beginning of the season. CLee is 6'5" while Mikal is 6'7" and more suited to SF. THJ and CLee to SG.
I am surprised that no team traded for CLee at the trade deadline last season. CLee was having a very good year and would have helped a number of playoff teams, IMO. Maybe there is a trade for him brewing right now??

2 years left at ~$12.5M and at almost 33 when most guards lose their legs. I'm also just guessing that the Knicks asked if he wanted to be traded (maybe considering they didn't get an offer that knocked them over) and he declined. Also recall that a lot of vets got let go at deadline or got bought out and were there for the pickings for playoff teams.

CLee isn't most guards. He has had 2 of his best years as a Knick these past 2 years. Ray Allen, a similar sized guard played well into his late 30's. In the playoffs, I would love to have CLee come off the bench. Very solid and has hit 40% from 3 these past 2 seasons for the Knicks. But that is neither here nor there. It didn't happen.

If Lee were on an expiring or only had 1 year left there may have been more offers or more offers that the Knicks liked. Also, his stats were nice but you aren't considering it from a financial standpoint, where repeater luxury tax is in play versus a guard who gets cut and you can sign for cheap as well as not giving up a pick.

I like Mikal as a fallback and like Carter and a few others who probably go before 9. I don't pay attention to college enough to really have too much to say on these thing. Knox seems interesting but I've read some that suggests his BBIQ is not up there, which is a red flag for me. Don't like Trae or Sexton.

parsons, noah, and lance on your Books...For a 4th pick that may turn out to be just a role player..

Like you can't take on parson contract unless your 100% sure that pick is an absolute game changer

no ****

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/21/2018  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  8:57 AM
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I agree with you on taking Parsons and the #4 pick if we don't also give up #9 pick. CLee is in the mix for that trade.
I also wouldn't mind giving them Noah + #9 pick for Parsons and #4.

.... trades got to be realistic, your above is not.

I think the possible trades are very realistic. I didn't fill in all of the blanks; just some moveable pieces to match salary or who would be desirable for another team. Mainly the Grizzlies as they are very actively trying to dump the Chandler Parsons contract.
From todays UK Home page - blogs

New York Knicks: How the Memphis Grizzlies can propel the rebuild
by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

Numerous media outlets have speculated over potential trades that can be made and the potential assets that could be moved in order to acquire the fourth overall pick. This includes the Knicks’ picks in this year’s draft (9th and 36th), Tim Hardaway Jr., and Courtney Lee.

The best possible trades would allow the Knicks to retain their first-round pick. This would allow the Knicks to have two lottery picks for the first time ever.

To retain their own first-round pick, the Knicks may have to part ways with Hardaway and maybe some other assets, like Frank Ntilikina.

Ideally, the Knicks would be able to facilitate a trade that would send Lee or Noah to the Grizzlies, or a possible third team and still manage to hold onto the ninth pick.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/21/2018  10:49 AM
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

some other assets, like Frank Ntilikina

I agree with you on taking Parsons and the #4 pick if we don't also give up #9 pick. CLee is in the mix for that trade.

I think the possible trades are very realistic. I didn't fill in all of the blanks; just some moveable pieces to match salary or who would be desirable for another team. Mainly the Grizzlies as they are very actively trying to dump the Chandler Parsons contract.

by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

Numerous media outlets have speculated over potential trades that can be made and the potential assets that could be moved in order to acquire the fourth overall pick. This includes the Knicks’ picks in this year’s draft (9th and 36th), Tim Hardaway Jr., and Courtney Lee.

The best possible trades would allow the Knicks to retain their first-round pick. This would allow the Knicks to have two lottery picks for the first time ever.

To retain their own first-round pick, the Knicks may have to part ways with Hardaway and maybe some other assets, like Frank Ntilikina.

Ideally, the Knicks would be able to facilitate a trade that would send Lee or Noah to the Grizzlies, or a possible third team and still manage to hold onto the ninth pick.

Involving Frank would be downright stupid on our part. I would rather hold onto to Frank than getting the 4th pick overall.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/21/2018  10:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

Involving Frank would be downright stupid on our part. I would rather hold onto to Frank than getting the 4th pick overall.

Depends on the draft pick IMO. Id trade Frank for Doncic.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/21/2018  11:45 AM
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

but really ideally, the Knicks would just like the Grizz to swap #4 for #9 and call it a day.

If you add ideally, does that mean it will make it more possible?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/21/2018  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  12:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

Depends on the draft pick IMO. Id trade Frank for Doncic.

He must feel frank is going to be better than the top 5 players in this draft which is down right ridiculous.

The object is to get better as a team, not hold on to your favorite player. As far as I'm concern no one should be untouchable

ES
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/21/2018  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/21/2018  12:52 PM
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

by Alex Seyad 1 hour ago

but really ideally, the Knicks would just like the Grizz to swap #4 for #9 and call it a day.

If you add ideally, does that mean it will make it more possible?

You are getting into semantics. That sentence with "Ideally" was from the article; not from me. The point which you seem to want to just dismiss is that there are possibilities for the Knicks to trade with the Grizzlies if we take on Parsons' contract and get their #4 pick.

One possibility - these players plus we exchange 1st round picks.
Noah is probably more valuable as a player than Parsons. He's probably recovered from his injuries and would be an excellent back-up center for a contending team who had a star center (Gasol)
New York Knicks receive

C. Parsons$23,112,004
SF 2 Years
Acquiring 1 Player
$23,112,004

Memphis Grizzlies

Joakim Noah$17,765,000 N/A
C 2 Years

E. Mudiay$3,381,480
PG 2 Years
Acquiring 2 Players
$21,146,480

Another trade:Players traded below plus we keep our #9 and receive Memphis' #4. The below trade strengthens Memphis as a playoff team for the next 2 years while the Knicks rebuild with a top rookie.
Note: The Hollinger analysis doesn't include the giving of picks

New York Knicks

C. Parsons$23,112,004
SF 2 Years
Acquiring 1 Player
$23,112,004
Hollinger's Analysis: -5 Wins
With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 5.

Memphis Grizzlies

T. Hardaway Jr.$16,500,000
SF 3 Years

Lance Thomas$6,655,325
SF 2 Years

Acquiring 2 Players
$23,155,325
Hollinger's Analysis: +2 Wins
With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 2.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
y2zipper
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3287

6/21/2018  1:02 PM
Parsons' contract is so bad the hardaway/Thomas deal is the extent of the interest I have in making a deal for 4.
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

6/21/2018  7:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the k icks have the cahones to pull the trigger if this is the case

I feel T.Young will be Better pro than most folks think... I always wanted Young but he wont be there 9th pick

However The speculation is out on both players Young & Knox.
But NOTE they BOTH are in TOP 10 pick says something eh ?

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Last espn mock has us getting T Young

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy