[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last espn mock has us getting T Young
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/19/2018  10:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:The question is, is defense really important in today’s NBA? overall team defense is always important. Steph Curry is 6’2 with short arms and by all means is not a defensive player. If your a lights out shooter in today’s NBA you have a great chance of impacting games in a positive way and becoming a superstar esp someone who can hit daggers at 40 feet with ease . add into the fact moving screens get called only 10% of the time in today’s NBA this kids going to get plenty of open looks.

Let’s not forget he also has the best court vision in the draft and makes his teammates better something Steph was not known to do coming out of college, also defense was a huge knock on curry coming out of college.

If you ask me there is no way this kid gets past Orlando I also heard he blew Atlanta out of the water with his private workout and has them considering taking him at 3.

You definitely don’t want to be the team that passes on Steph Curry 2.0 especially in the no hand checking era of today’s NBA.

Also it’s not like there won’t be another sf stud in next years draft. we are definitely lottery bound next year without KP. Steph Curry’s only come around every ten years.

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Backcourt is set for 10 plus years.

Now you go it. You can fill in the team with hardcore defensive players. T Young is an offensive engine--we dont have that. In the NBA if you dont score 110 points--you are not winning a chip.

not really. Scoring is not the problem but you gotta stop the opposing team. Sexton is a better choice because he has a better overall game. But i think we need a forward more
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/19/2018  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2018  10:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:The question is, is defense really important in today’s NBA? overall team defense is always important. Steph Curry is 6’2 with short arms and by all means is not a defensive player. If your a lights out shooter in today’s NBA you have a great chance of impacting games in a positive way and becoming a superstar esp someone who can hit daggers at 40 feet with ease . add into the fact moving screens get called only 10% of the time in today’s NBA this kids going to get plenty of open looks.

Let’s not forget he also has the best court vision in the draft and makes his teammates better something Steph was not known to do coming out of college, also defense was a huge knock on curry coming out of college.

If you ask me there is no way this kid gets past Orlando I also heard he blew Atlanta out of the water with his private workout and has them considering taking him at 3.

You definitely don’t want to be the team that passes on Steph Curry 2.0 especially in the no hand checking era of today’s NBA.

Also it’s not like there won’t be another sf stud in next years draft. we are definitely lottery bound next year without KP. Steph Curry’s only come around every ten years.

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Now you go it. You can fill in the team with hardcore defensive players. T Young is an offensive engine--we dont have that. In the NBA if you dont score 110 points--you are not winning a chip.

I don't think some fans get this, they still want to see KP doing his ISO melo impersonations.

PnR with Trae and KP would be a nightmare on offense , there wood be no defense for that. It would be like nash and Amare only better since both can shoot from the 34st parking lot

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/19/2018  10:50 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

not really. Scoring is not the problem but you gotta stop the opposing team. Sexton is a better choice because he has a better overall game. But i think we need a forward more

Yea because GS doesn't have one of the best defensive players in the NBA. Klay Thompson guards 3 positions. Iggy one of the better defenders who can guard 3 positions (MVP for his work on Lebron for their first chip) Durant if he chose to be could easily be a lock down defender and he averages 1.8blks per game last season.

Team defense works because you have versatile defensive pieces that can guard multiple positions. You guys bring up one player in Steph and ignore all the good defensive players they have on that team. And its not like Steph is a turn style either.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  10:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Not in today's NBA, but are you predicting the future, since we are not competing for a chip for the next 2-3 years anyway.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/19/2018  10:54 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Yea because GS doesn't have one of the best defensive players in the NBA. Klay Thompson guards 3 positions. Iggy one of the better defenders who can guard 3 positions (MVP for his work on Lebron for their first chip) Durant if he chose to be could easily be a lock down defender and he averages 1.8blks per game last season.

Team defense works because you have versatile defensive pieces that can guard multiple positions. You guys bring up one player in Steph and ignore all the good defensive players they have on that team. And its not like Steph is a turn style either.

right, but how many trae youngs and sextons are in this draft,

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/19/2018  10:57 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Exactly. You need two way players to really contend.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/19/2018  10:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the k icks have the cahones to pull the trigger if this is the case

I don't see T.Young making it to #9 but i'd pull the trigger if he did. The thing is that if they truly think Kyrie will be looking our way in free agency in 2019 then why draft a PG in this draft? I do think there's truth to Kyrie having us at or near the top of his list and we all know how there's plenty of talking that goes on behind the scenes between agents and players.

newyorker4ever

6/19/2018  11:03 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Giviny was on Lowes podcast yesterday. He said from what he has heard the Knicks wouldn't take Trae. He said Trae wasn't a Fizdale type player. He said he has heard Knox or Sexton.
Trae seems like just a purely offensive player which we have many of over the years with not good results. I would pick sexton if one of the forwards dont fall. Although i think Knox could have a high upside too

Who where the offensive pg's we had over the yrs, besides steph. That position hasn't been stable since charlie ward, We have yet to join the scoring pg ERA like majority of the league. I'm ok with either sexton or trae if available, it's like your get Wall, or Curry

People keep sleeping on SGA when they talk PG's in the lottery but i'm a huge fan of SGA and don't see him as just that tall defensive PG with a crazy wingspan, this kid also has offense in his game and was really coming on in the last quarter or so of last season. A SGA and Frank combo would be deadly defensively in our back court but Frank has had all summer to work on his shot and will play in the summer league this year which will also help and SGA is already good at taking it to the basket but also has good mechanics on his shot.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/19/2018  11:22 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Giviny was on Lowes podcast yesterday. He said from what he has heard the Knicks wouldn't take Trae. He said Trae wasn't a Fizdale type player. He said he has heard Knox or Sexton.
Trae seems like just a purely offensive player which we have many of over the years with not good results. I would pick sexton if one of the forwards dont fall. Although i think Knox could have a high upside too

Who where the offensive pg's we had over the yrs, besides steph. That position hasn't been stable since charlie ward, We have yet to join the scoring pg ERA like majority of the league. I'm ok with either sexton or trae if available, it's like your get Wall, or Curry

People keep sleeping on SGA when they talk PG's in the lottery but i'm a huge fan of SGA and don't see him as just that tall defensive PG with a crazy wingspan, this kid also has offense in his game and was really coming on in the last quarter or so of last season. A SGA and Frank combo would be deadly defensively in our back court but Frank has had all summer to work on his shot and will play in the summer league this year which will also help and SGA is already good at taking it to the basket but also has good mechanics on his shot.

I'm with you. I watched a lot of Kentucky in the SEC tournament and in the NCAA tournament because I was interested in Kevin Knox. He did not impress me at all. I thought SGA was often Kentucky's best player. He really impressed the **** out of me

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  11:30 AM
If selected he will be this year's KP. Some little kid will cry on camera

If so I will keep my fingers crossed that he works out as KP has

(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/19/2018  11:36 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I'm with you. I watched a lot of Kentucky in the SEC tournament and in the NCAA tournament because I was interested in Kevin Knox. He did not impress me at all. I thought SGA was often Kentucky's best player. He really impressed the **** out of me

and I can 100% see a future Frank/SGA backcourt. Where either guy can defend either guard, both are lock down defenders and excellent shooters. I would love SGA. LOVE that pick and I dont want us to take a PG really.

I hope we end up with SGA or Mikal. I view either as the long rangy multiple position defender to run out there with Frank/KP as the foundation of an elite defensive team. Carter or Robert Williams would be excellent front court mates for KP but I suspect Carter is gone and 9 is high for RW.

There are very good players... I just hope we get one. The only thing I really have a good feeling about with this FO is the youth. I think they draft us a good player whether its someone I want or not.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/19/2018  11:41 AM
When you are singlehandedly running the offense, being the offense, defense is going to be shortchanged to some degree. Because of the physical demands.

Once Young is on a team where he isnt consistently drawing double teams as well (which can be taxing) Trae should in time become a better defender than we see now.

I would be happy to see Young fall to us at 9, agree that it is doubtful, but anything can happen.

newyorker4ever

6/19/2018  11:43 AM
Both SGA and Frank can also guard 3 positions and even 4 depending on who's playing PF for the other team. Unfortunately we haven't worked out SGA (unless i missed it) so they aren't looking at him unless it's a smoke screen.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2018  11:45 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

This isn't 1992
While defense is VERY important you want to formulate your defense in a team basis. But if you can't score 110 you aren't winning a chip

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2018  11:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

This isn't 1992
While defense is VERY important you want to formulate your defense in a team basis. But if you can't score 110 you aren't winning a chip

It's difficult to guard Golden State because their offense starts from 32 feet. That's why I want young

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
6/19/2018  11:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

right, but how many trae youngs and sextons are in this draft,

Y are they not considered the top 2 picks in the draft?

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
6/19/2018  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2018  12:04 PM
fitzfarm wrote:The question is, is defense really important in today’s NBA? overall team defense is always important. Steph Curry is 6’2 with short arms and by all means is not a defensive player.

Problem is Trae Young is 6'0" and he looks like he'd get dominated by opposing guards. I'm afraid he won't even be able to get his shot off. This is on top of him being a huge defensive liability.

I'd prefer SGA or Kevin Huerter or even Collin Sexton over Trae. Collin does seem to be a black hole on offense though, so I don't really like him either but prefer him over Trae since he looks like a good defender.

Rose is not the answer.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/19/2018  12:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Curry is not a two way player, but surrounded him with good two way players. Couldn’t we do the same for young?

KP and Frank is a good start

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  12:30 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Curry is not a two way player, but surrounded him with good two way players. Couldn’t we do the same for young?

Sure if we were picking 8, 9, 10 we could surround him with frank, mikal, KP and wendell carter jr. even if we had 2 top 10 picks we'd be set
but we have too many holes in our roster for a luxury like trae young. is he going to turn into the next stephen curry...no one knows. he has one of the biggest boom or bust factors going on in this draft.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
6/19/2018  12:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Curry is a generational talent himself. One of if not the best shooter the NBA has ever seen. Young will have to prove to be around that calibre. If he isnt then he becomes a liability. Curry came into the league dropping 46-43-88-% 17.5,4.5,5.9,1.9. Then dropped 48-44-93 his Soph. That is the type off efficiency compiled with volume that allows him to do whatever he wants. As that type of efficiency will raise a teams overall efficiency. Talking .595 TS% from a PG.

Last espn mock has us getting T Young

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy