6/19/2018  4:02 AM
I hope the k icks have the cahones to pull the trigger if this is the case
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

6/19/2018  5:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the k icks have the cahones to pull the trigger if this is the case

I just don’t see how he gets by Cleveland

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/19/2018  5:49 AM
Giviny was on Lowes podcast yesterday. He said from what he has heard the Knicks wouldn't take Trae. He said Trae wasn't a Fizdale type player. He said he has heard Knox or Sexton.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/19/2018  7:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Giviny was on Lowes podcast yesterday. He said from what he has heard the Knicks wouldn't take Trae. He said Trae wasn't a Fizdale type player. He said he has heard Knox or Sexton.
Trae seems like just a purely offensive player which we have many of over the years with not good results. I would pick sexton if one of the forwards dont fall. Although i think Knox could have a high upside too
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
6/19/2018  8:21 AM
Knicks need a defensive player, not offensive. Short T-rex hands can not be good in defense.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/19/2018  8:27 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Giviny was on Lowes podcast yesterday. He said from what he has heard the Knicks wouldn't take Trae. He said Trae wasn't a Fizdale type player. He said he has heard Knox or Sexton.
Trae seems like just a purely offensive player which we have many of over the years with not good results. I would pick sexton if one of the forwards dont fall. Although i think Knox could have a high upside too

Who where the offensive pg's we had over the yrs, besides steph. That position hasn't been stable since charlie ward, We have yet to join the scoring pg ERA like majority of the league. I'm ok with either sexton or trae if available, it's like your get Wall, or Curry

ES
StarksEwing1

6/19/2018  8:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Who where the offensive pg's we had over the yrs, besides steph. That position hasn't been stable since charlie ward, We have yet to join the scoring pg ERA like majority of the league. I'm ok with either sexton or trae if available, it's like your get Wall, or Curry

i said "offensive players". I wabt a two way player. Truthfully i really want a forward but if i had to choose a pg i would pick sexton because he brings it on both ends. I think him and frank would be a nightmare for opposing backcourts
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  8:57 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i said "offensive players". I wabt a two way player. Truthfully i really want a forward but if i had to choose a pg i would pick sexton because he brings it on both ends. I think him and frank would be a nightmare for opposing backcourts

There's no way we are taking a PG in this draft. Ntilikina is good on D but not GREAT lock down just yet. Not defensive first team all NBA. I think management will let him muddle through and get stronger and not provide more opportunities for "cheating on defense" with Sexton around.

It's not like next year there won't be a defensive PG stud. I like it because I like the idea of being in the top 10 in the draft next year as well. Who knows...might even be top 5.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  9:00 AM
For reference, here are nbadraft.net and Chad Ford (ESPN) mock drafts from last year...
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717348-chad-ford-nba-mock-draft-2017-notable-picks-from-espn-gurus-8th-mock
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/19/2018  9:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I hope the k icks have the cahones to pull the trigger if this is the case
if we draft Young, and give max contracts to Isiah Thomas and Enes Kantor we would be really close building your dream team. Sign Seth, trade for Frank Kaminsky and we have the Brigg's dream team dynasty in the making
PG Trea
SG IT
SF Seth!
PF Frank (aka Larry Bird)
C Kanter

If he drops its because skinny 6'2 players with alligator arms dont run the NBA. Long positionless guys who can defend 3-4 positions do.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

6/19/2018  9:08 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

There's no way we are taking a PG in this draft. Ntilikina is good on D but not GREAT lock down just yet. Not defensive first team all NBA. I think management will let him muddle through and get stronger and not provide more opportunities for "cheating on defense" with Sexton around.

It's not like next year there won't be a defensive PG stud. I like it because I like the idea of being in the top 10 in the draft next year as well. Who knows...might even be top 5.

i want a forward and im hoping maybe carter or porter fall. Im just saying if we hypoethetically got a pg i like sextons overall game much more than young
StarksEwing1

6/19/2018  9:09 AM
fishmike wrote:
if we draft Young, and give max contracts to Isiah Thomas and Enes Kantor we would be really close building your dream team. Sign Seth, trade for Frank Kaminsky and we have the Brigg's dream team dynasty in the making
PG Trea
SG IT
SF Seth!
C Kanter

If he drops its because skinny 6'2 players with alligator arms dont run the NBA. Long positionless guys who can defend 3-4 positions do.

dont forget huerter. So we gotta get rid of frank and the 36th pick too
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2018  9:17 AM
fishmike wrote:
PG Trea
SG IT
SF Seth!
C Kanter

Id put

C KP

F unkown

G/F Tim Hardaway --for now and he might be moving to 6th man

G Frank N

G Trae Young

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/19/2018  9:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Or your Eddie House, or Kevin Ollie
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  9:28 AM

cajones

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  9:33 AM
fishmike wrote:
PG Trea
SG IT
SF Seth!
C Kanter

you forgot Boban and Allan Crabbe and Bryn Forbes

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/19/2018  9:50 AM
I have been warming to Knox. If he ends up being a Tabias Harris/Harrison Barnes talent (or better) he would be a nice stretch 4 next to KP at the 5. The key for Knox is defensive upside.

Long-term:
C KP
F Knox
F 3 & D wing
G Ntilikina
G Irving or Walker (signed in 2019)
6th Hardaway

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2018  10:07 AM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
PG Trea
SG IT
SF Seth!
C Kanter

you forgot Boban and Allan Crabbe and Bryn Forbes

Seth Curry and Beas off the bench extended at $40M for 4 years

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/19/2018  10:12 AM
The question is, is defense really important in today’s NBA? overall team defense is always important. Steph Curry is 6’2 with short arms and by all means is not a defensive player. If your a lights out shooter in today’s NBA you have a great chance of impacting games in a positive way and becoming a superstar esp someone who can hit daggers at 40 feet with ease . add into the fact moving screens get called only 10% of the time in today’s NBA this kids going to get plenty of open looks.

Let’s not forget he also has the best court vision in the draft and makes his teammates better something Steph was not known to do coming out of college, also defense was a huge knock on curry coming out of college.

If you ask me there is no way this kid gets past Orlando I also heard he blew Atlanta out of the water with his private workout and has them considering taking him at 3.

You definitely don’t want to be the team that passes on Steph Curry 2.0 especially in the no hand checking era of today’s NBA.

Also it’s not like there won’t be another sf stud in next years draft. we are definitely lottery bound next year without KP. Steph Curry’s only come around every ten years.

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Backcourt is set for 10 plus years.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2018  10:27 AM
fitzfarm wrote:The question is, is defense really important in today’s NBA? overall team defense is always important. Steph Curry is 6’2 with short arms and by all means is not a defensive player. If your a lights out shooter in today’s NBA you have a great chance of impacting games in a positive way and becoming a superstar esp someone who can hit daggers at 40 feet with ease . add into the fact moving screens get called only 10% of the time in today’s NBA this kids going to get plenty of open looks.

Let’s not forget he also has the best court vision in the draft and makes his teammates better something Steph was not known to do coming out of college, also defense was a huge knock on curry coming out of college.

If you ask me there is no way this kid gets past Orlando I also heard he blew Atlanta out of the water with his private workout and has them considering taking him at 3.

You definitely don’t want to be the team that passes on Steph Curry 2.0 especially in the no hand checking era of today’s NBA.

Also it’s not like there won’t be another sf stud in next years draft. we are definitely lottery bound next year without KP. Steph Curry’s only come around every ten years.

Young, Burke, Mudiay
Frank, thjr, Dotson

Backcourt is set for 10 plus years.

Now you go it. You can fill in the team with hardcore defensive players. T Young is an offensive engine--we dont have that. In the NBA if you dont score 110 points--you are not winning a chip.

RIP Crushalot😞
Last espn mock has us getting T Young

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy