Last post on this guy
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/12/2018  12:12 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Vmart wrote:He will be there in the second round.

No he won't

steve novak

Watch a Donic vid and then one of Huerter...much less difference that you would think.

He is infinitely more complete than Novak as a player...not even close.

He's smooth and looks like a baller...I hope we work him out. I don't think he's the defender that Mikal is, but he's a couple of years younger.

If we work him out and are impressed, I hope there is no hesitation if they believe he has the game we want, just because he hasn't been on that top 10 list.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/12/2018  12:57 PM
Chandler wrote:does he remind anyone of Sam Dekker (aka Who)

Beat me too it. Dekker briefly looked like he might be a sleeper in that draft, but that didnt last. Again, you trade Frank and his elite D, for someone who looks like a next level player.

Neither of us has a problem with moving Frank, Briggs.If the price is right. But you're selling for pennies on the dollar, so to speak.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/12/2018  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2018  1:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

Watch a Donic vid and then one of Huerter...much less difference that you would think.

He's smooth and looks like a baller...I hope we work him out. I don't think he's the defender that Mikal is, but he's a couple of years younger.

If we work him out and are impressed, I hope there is no hesitation if they believe he has the game we want, just because he hasn't been on that top 10 list.

how about we compare Doncic's accomplishments to Huerter's

Doncic
Euroleague Champion 2017-18
Euroleague MVP 2017-18
Euroleague Final Four MVP 2017-18
All Euroleague First Team 2017-18
Fiba Eurobasket Gold Medal 2017
Fiba All-Tournament First Team 2017
Guiding his team to the 2018 EuroLeague title at age 19, he became the youngest recipient of the EuroLeague MVP and EuroLeague Final Four MVP awards. He was also the youngest player to ever be named ACB Most Valuable Player.
(could put more here, but what's the point)

Huerter
FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup third place
All-Big Ten Honorable Mention 2017-18

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/12/2018  1:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Beat me too it. Dekker briefly looked like he might be a sleeper in that draft, but that didnt last. Again, you trade Frank and his elite D, for someone who looks like a next level player.

Neither of us has a problem with moving Frank, Briggs.If the price is right. But you're selling for pennies on the dollar, so to speak.

Not sure about that comparison. I think Decker is more of a slashing athlete. Huerter is a playmaker who uses the dribble with elite next level nba type shooting. Huerter is also 19

RIP Crushalot😞
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

6/12/2018  2:25 PM
Personally, I can't picture Huerter guarding NBA 2s and 3s successfully.

I also don't see why you couldn't theoretically have Huerter and Frank on the same team.

A couple of interesting tibdits if you insist on comparing the two of them. 1) Frank is 2 inches shorter but has 4.5 more inches of wingspan than Huerter. And 2)Frank is only one month older than Huerter. Can you imagine how good Frank would have been playing against college kids this year? We'd be drooling at the chance to draft him.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/12/2018  2:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2018  2:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Not sure about that comparison. I think Decker is more of a slashing athlete. Huerter is a playmaker who uses the dribble with elite next level nba type shooting. Huerter is also 19

I think Most of us agree that he is an intriguing propspect BUT most also agree that your proposal trading our lottery pick last year( who is already a very good defender and taking positive steps offensively) ALONg with the 36th pick for him is pretty insane. hey im all for getting another possibly late first rounder and taking Huerter but not at the expense of Frank
WaltLongmire

6/12/2018  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2018  3:23 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

Doncic
Euroleague MVP 2017-18
Guiding his team to the 2018 EuroLeague title at age 19, he became the youngest recipient of the EuroLeague MVP and EuroLeague Final Four MVP awards. He was also the youngest player to ever be named ACB Most Valuable Player.

Huerter

Just looking at videos...I don't see as much of a difference as I should when comparing players rated where they respectively are... I really don't, and I'm someone who thought about Donic being a Knick at some point when I thought we'd finish with a worse record than we did.

Donic is more of a lead guard/forward and can handle the ball, yes, I know this, but he is a so-so defender, and his 3pt shooting was about the same as Frank's was this year...

Watch highlights of both players...I don't see a vast difference between them based on what I've watched.

Hey, I'd be happy to have a chance to draft Donic, but we don't, and in Huerter, I see a poor-man's Donic, who might have more value than I originally thought from watching the one shooting workout video I had seen before looking at game videos of him.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

6/12/2018  3:29 PM
FrenchFreak wrote:Personally, I can't picture Huerter guarding NBA 2s and 3s successfully.

I also don't see why you couldn't theoretically have Huerter and Frank on the same team.

A couple of interesting tibdits if you insist on comparing the two of them. 1) Frank is 2 inches shorter but has 4.5 more inches of wingspan than Huerter. And 2)Frank is only one month older than Huerter. Can you imagine how good Frank would have been playing against college kids this year? We'd be drooling at the chance to draft him.

He might be a better athlete than people think...as well as being one of the best shooters in the draft. Hope we work him out.

Huerter stands at over 6’7″ and has a near 6’8″ wingspan, which borders on prototypical for a shooting guard. He also boasts a 38.0″ max vertical leap, and ranked in the top 10 in this class in lane agility time, the shuttle run, and the three quarter sprint.

With borderline elite speed and agility, as well as perfect shooting form and limitless range, Huerter has the tools to be a game-changing sharpshooter.

Huerter converted 138 three-point field goals in two seasons with the Maryland Terrapins, including 73 on 41.7 percent shooting in 2017-18. He added 5.0 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game as a sophomore, thus proving that he’s more than just a shooter.

The Knicks need a two-way wing, and Huerter has the potential to be the Klay Thompson of the 2018 NBA Draft—a possibility that’s at least worth looking into.

reub
Member: #6227

6/12/2018  3:54 PM
We need defense first.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/12/2018  4:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Take a strong look at how this kid plays the game--think about how the Warriors win. I dont think this guy is any much different than Doncic if you look at video--what maybe 10 pounds? And Frank N has what skills like this????

You're asking if Frank can do that against guys at a level lower than the NBA?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/12/2018  7:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

You obviously know nothing about him and haven't watched any game tape on him.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/12/2018  8:31 PM
reub wrote:We need defense first.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever

6/12/2018  9:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

But but but he's white so he must be S.Dekker or K.Singler and not play defense. People make assumptions because of his skin color instead of doing some simple homework. The kid does play defense. He's not gonna be Mikal on defense but he'll give effort and make some plays on defense.

reub
Member: #6227

6/12/2018  10:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

On a lot of those plays he showed the effort but with limited results because of his lack of length on the perimeter.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/13/2018  12:01 AM
Sooo the scouts that watch him up close and personal , not on highlight vids that can make Landry fields an perennial all Star. Say doncic is tops and huerter is second round. But going on you tube vids arm chair scouts say he he is much better?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/13/2018  1:05 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

i have watched his highlights

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire

6/13/2018  3:01 AM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

On a lot of those plays he showed the effort but with limited results because of his lack of length on the perimeter.

Have to say...I was pretty impressed when I saw this video about a week ago. He has good footwork and lateral movement...and can play the passing lanes.

He will get stronger too, and that will make a difference for him on both ends of the court.

I'd like to see him practice against some NBA level SGs who know how to drive to the hoop, to see how he does with that kind of speed.

I also think that he might be able to compete in the league at SF if he gets a little stronger. He's a legit 6'7" in sneakers, and at SF he would be able to stay in front of his man.

Of course all of this discussion is moot, if we aren't bringing him in for a workout, and I haven't seen anything about him working out for the Knicks yet...Or am I wrong?

newyorker4ever

6/13/2018  10:15 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

i have watched his highlights

Okay......so your eyes were closed when watching?

newyorker4ever

6/13/2018  10:20 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Have to say...I was pretty impressed when I saw this video about a week ago. He has good footwork and lateral movement...and can play the passing lanes.

He will get stronger too, and that will make a difference for him on both ends of the court.

I'd like to see him practice against some NBA level SGs who know how to drive to the hoop, to see how he does with that kind of speed.

I also think that he might be able to compete in the league at SF if he gets a little stronger. He's a legit 6'7" in sneakers, and at SF he would be able to stay in front of his man.

Of course all of this discussion is moot, if we aren't bringing him in for a workout, and I haven't seen anything about him working out for the Knicks yet...Or am I wrong?

Yeah i said this before that i've seen no connections of Huerter and the Knicks at all so this more then likely is all moot. None of us can say what this kid or any of these kids will be at the next level but just cause he's white and known for shooting doesn't automatically mean he's the next S.Dekker or K.Singler, maybe he's the next G.Heyward instead of those two since it does look like he's not only a shooter but also can drive to the basket and play some defense.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/13/2018  10:22 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he won't

steve novak

Doncic
Euroleague MVP 2017-18

Huerter

Just looking at videos...I don't see as much of a difference as I should when comparing players rated where they respectively are... I really don't, and I'm someone who thought about Donic being a Knick at some point when I thought we'd finish with a worse record than we did.

Donic is more of a lead guard/forward and can handle the ball, yes, I know this, but he is a so-so defender, and his 3pt shooting was about the same as Frank's was this year...

Watch highlights of both players...I don't see a vast difference between them based on what I've watched.

Hey, I'd be happy to have a chance to draft Donic, but we don't, and in Huerter, I see a poor-man's Donic, who might have more value than I originally thought from watching the one shooting workout video I had seen before looking at game videos of him.

We will see.

You have to keep in mind that Doncic's highlights are against pros, including current and former NBA players. Huerter's highlight videos come from playing on a disappointing team in a disappointing conference.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Last post on this guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy