6/20/2018  12:59 PM
Bamba is my fav in the 5-9 range
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2018  1:09 PM
Hard to envision Bamba falling to us... He's a bit of a wild card. There could be some Hasheem Thabeet there, but he looks more like Dikembe who can shoot 3s.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/20/2018  2:30 PM
fishmike wrote:Hard to envision Bamba falling to us... He's a bit of a wild card. There could be some Hasheem Thabeet there, but he looks more like Dikembe who can shoot 3s.

Would he be a good fit next to KP?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/20/2018  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2018  2:47 PM

Uptown

6/20/2018  2:48 PM
Not sure if Knox is going to be the next Tatum, but Knox is more skilled, IMO, than Mikal who is older by 2-3 years...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/20/2018  2:52 PM
Had been reported a few weeks ago, but still of interest...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/20/2018  3:07 PM
I think I like Knox - nice big kid with mobility. I worry about someone saying we'll have to wait 2 years. Nobody waited for Mitchel for 2 years, and we have enough question marks (will Frank develop, can KP last a full season).
fishmike
USA
6/20/2018  3:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:Hard to envision Bamba falling to us... He's a bit of a wild card. There could be some Hasheem Thabeet there, but he looks more like Dikembe who can shoot 3s.

Not sure. I like to think another rim protector would free KP up to play better m2m when he get pulled away from the rim.
smackeddog
6/20/2018  3:52 PM
Knox's people definitely seem to be lobbying for him to go to NY, I think all this stuff in the media is from them and not the Knicks, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that we'll draft him.
smackeddog
6/20/2018  3:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Not sure. I like to think another rim protector would free KP up to play better m2m when he get pulled away from the rim.

The thing I like about Knox is that he fits well with the team and can allow for multiple versatile lineups-we can play him at 3 and KP at 4, or move KP to 5,Knox at 4, Tim Jr at 3 etc. Where as with Bamba you can only really play him at 5 and KP at 4.

fishmike
USA
6/20/2018  4:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The thing I like about Knox is that he fits well with the team and can allow for multiple versatile lineups-we can play him at 3 and KP at 4, or move KP to 5,Knox at 4, Tim Jr at 3 etc. Where as with Bamba you can only really play him at 5 and KP at 4.

totally agree with everything you say there, but the real question for both KP and Bamba is can they come out and guard a small like Tyson used to do? Not talking about chasing around smalls, but late in games or key possessions where one of these guys is on an island.

Here's the thing.. Bamba/KP at the 4/5 could be one of the best 2 way front courts ever. Bamba has a good shooting touch so both can space the floor. I mean man... if they *could* play well together that could be a brutal combo. Come out with KP+Bamba protecting the rim and Frank checking your #1 scorer or PG.
Suddenly a guy like Burke's skills really impact the game. Or you put Irving next to Frank with KP/Mo up front next year...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/20/2018  5:03 PM
franco12 wrote:I think I like Knox - nice big kid with mobility. I worry about someone saying we'll have to wait 2 years. Nobody waited for Mitchel for 2 years, and we have enough question marks (will Frank develop, can KP last a full season).

Donovan Mitchell was 21 as a rookie and Knox will be 19. I don’t agree with this notion that Knox is so far away that he can’t contribute. He’s just not as developed as Tatum was as a rookie but he can play. Mikal is the safe pick and day one ready but Knox has higher upside. Fiz n his staff would be great for Knox development.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/20/2018  6:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
franco12 wrote:I think I like Knox - nice big kid with mobility. I worry about someone saying we'll have to wait 2 years. Nobody waited for Mitchel for 2 years, and we have enough question marks (will Frank develop, can KP last a full season).

Donovan Mitchell was 21 as a rookie and Knox will be 19. I don’t agree with this notion that Knox is so far away that he can’t contribute. He’s just not as developed as Tatum was as a rookie but he can play. Mikal is the safe pick and day one ready but Knox has higher upside. Fiz n his staff would be great for Knox development.

My Only concern with Knox is whether he will be a plus defender. On offense, I have no doubt he is going to be better than Mikal but defense is my concern. He has only looked so so thus far. Is he going to be able to guard quick SFs? That is the question.

Trust the Process
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/20/2018  6:12 PM

Looking for KP in 19-20. Expect incremental steps for Frank in 2018-19. For your 18 year old to come of age in his second season is not too long to wait. Were on a new 5 year plan, aren't we?(Fizdale contract)

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
SkyWalker
Member: #814
6/21/2018  1:00 PM
What do we know about Knox as a defender? How about as a rebounder? Is he a negative as a defender (like Melo) or can he decent but not great. I do think that Knox is much more likely to be able to play both the 3/4 where Bridges looks too skinny and short to guard the 4's really well. The wingspan is nice but he's going to get bullied down low.
Kenny SkyWalker
TPercy
Member: #5748

6/21/2018  1:18 PM
SkyWalker wrote:What do we know about Knox as a defender? How about as a rebounder? Is he a negative as a defender (like Melo) or can he decent but not great. I do think that Knox is much more likely to be able to play both the 3/4 where Bridges looks too skinny and short to guard the 4's really well. The wingspan is nice but he's going to get bullied down low.

He hasn’t really high defensive upside. he has the length and lateral movement to keep in front of his man and switch on smaller guys. It’s his toughness that is of concern which was similar to George when he was in college

The Future is Bright!
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/21/2018  1:25 PM
TPercy wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:What do we know about Knox as a defender? How about as a rebounder? Is he a negative as a defender (like Melo) or can he decent but not great. I do think that Knox is much more likely to be able to play both the 3/4 where Bridges looks too skinny and short to guard the 4's really well. The wingspan is nice but he's going to get bullied down low.

He hasn’t really high defensive upside. he has the length and lateral movement to keep in front of his man and switch on smaller guys. It’s his toughness that is of concern which was similar to George when he was in college

Let's hope that our new coach has the chops in player development to get positive results. Defense is a state of mind.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Uptown

6/21/2018  1:32 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Let's hope that our new coach has the chops in player development to get positive results. Defense is a state of mind.

And proper technique....Athleticism doesn't hurt either

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/21/2018  4:38 PM
I am going back and forth on this but after looking at more videos, I think Mikal Bridges should be the pick. The deciding factor for me is that no matter what, Mikal is going to be a better defensive player than Knox. It is a toss up as to who will be better offensively (though I think that will be Knox) but I have no doubt Mikal is going to be a much better defensive player. So I would take Mikal and just hope the offense develops.
Trust the Process
smackeddog
6/21/2018  4:41 PM
TheGame wrote:I am going back and forth on this but after looking at more videos, I think Mikal Bridges should be the pick. The deciding factor for me is that no matter what, Mikal is going to be a better defensive player than Knox. It is a toss up as to who will be better offensively (though I think that will be Knox) but I have no doubt Mikal is going to be a much better defensive player. So I would take Mikal and just hope the offense develops.

Mikal looks too thin to me, especially considering his age. I just don't think he's the sure thing some people are saying.

What About Knox?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy