[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What About Knox?
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

6/10/2018  5:22 PM
I really like what I saw in Knox's predraft workout. The kid can really shoot. He's long and very versatile. I might take him over Mikal and definitely over Miles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xRrDJ2sVk
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/10/2018  5:54 PM

This vid is definitely better than the other one posted in the draft thread, but the main worry is his lack of drive and effort, even in that video he’s operating at a fraction of the effort of a lot of other players in the draft. If he can’t improve that, he’ll never get to where he needs to be

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/10/2018  6:11 PM
Kevin Knox is a high upside player that could be special if he puts everything together. He ticks almost every box when you are looking at players for the SF/PF position like athleticism, size and skill set (etc). That's why some compare his upside to Paul George, while a more realistic ceiling could be Rudy Gay, but his floor is lower than some of the other players in that draft range if he doesn't put it together and his effort doesn't improve.

I've said this to other Knicks fans. Do we go for a safe pick like Mikal Bridges because he offers a high floor as a 3-and-D player (e.g. Otto Porter, Danny Green) and gamble he can surprise people with his improvement (e.g. Kawhi Leonard) but accept he's probably more likely to be a glue guy than star. Or do you draft the raw high upside player like Kevin Knox but gamble on him potentially being a bust if he doesn't put it together?

It's tough but I'd still lean towards Mikal over Knox and probably Miles over Knox as well.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/10/2018  6:26 PM
Don't know much about Knox but if his motor is questionable - I'd pass. Yes, some players develop more of a drive as they get to the pros, but I'd rather gamble on someone's physical question marks then they're head or their motor/effort level. Maybe if Knox ends up with the Spurs or a really solid organization/coach he could blossom, but don't think we're that organization now/yet. Until we've changed our culture we need self-driven players that can withstand the media and NY expectations...
blkexec
Member: #748
6/10/2018  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/10/2018  7:24 PM
Mike1989 wrote:Kevin Knox is a high upside player that could be special if he puts everything together. He ticks almost every box when you are looking at players for the SF/PF position like athleticism, size and skill set (etc). That's why some compare his upside to Paul George, while a more realistic ceiling could be Rudy Gay, but his floor is lower than some of the other players in that draft range if he doesn't put it together and his effort doesn't improve.

I've said this to other Knicks fans. Do we go for a safe pick like Mikal Bridges because he offers a high floor as a 3-and-D player (e.g. Otto Porter, Danny Green) and gamble he can surprise people with his improvement (e.g. Kawhi Leonard) but accept he's probably more likely to be a glue guy than star. Or do you draft the raw high upside player like Kevin Knox but gamble on him potentially being a bust if he doesn't put it together?

It's tough but I'd still lean towards Mikal over Knox and probably Miles over Knox as well.

I believe Miles has as much potential as mikal.....Miles has that underdog fight in him because of his size.... But playing bigger than your size is a great skill to have in this switching defensive culture.

Knox seems like a huge gamble....his game reminds me of melo as far as his jumper dictates his impact. And he's not a klay Thompson type shooter....Hes hot and cold. I think he's too much of a gamble....Eventhough his potential is superstar level because he's young and can do it all....while playing multiple positions.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/10/2018  7:29 PM
reub wrote:I really like what I saw in Knox's predraft workout. The kid can really shoot. He's long and very versatile. I might take him over Mikal and definitely over Miles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xRrDJ2sVk

A guy with a high motor like Miles is more likely to reach his potential and/or exceed his expectations.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
reub
Member: #6227

6/10/2018  7:56 PM
blkexec wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:Kevin Knox is a high upside player that could be special if he puts everything together. He ticks almost every box when you are looking at players for the SF/PF position like athleticism, size and skill set (etc). That's why some compare his upside to Paul George, while a more realistic ceiling could be Rudy Gay, but his floor is lower than some of the other players in that draft range if he doesn't put it together and his effort doesn't improve.

I believe Miles has as much potential as mikal.....Miles has that underdog fight in him because of his size.... But playing bigger than your size is a great skill to have in this switching defensive culture.

Knox seems like a huge gamble....his game reminds me of melo as far as his jumper dictates his impact. And he's not a klay Thompson type shooter....Hes hot and cold. I think he's too much of a gamble....Eventhough his potential is superstar level because he's young and can do it all....while playing multiple positions.

In that video he reminded me of KD. Flame away if you must.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
6/10/2018  7:58 PM
Acceptable pick.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/10/2018  8:09 PM
blkexec wrote:

I like Miles as well. In fact I like him better than Mikal. He is my pick unless Carter or Young are there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/11/2018  12:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I like Miles as well. In fact I like him better than Mikal. He is my pick unless Carter or Young are there.

Seems like they worked out with...or against, each other.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/11/2018  12:19 PM
If the Knicks took Knox I would have no problem. It would have meant they liked him as a person and he had a great workout. Not sure I can really fault that. With only their college play to go on you have to make guesses. If this Knick FO appears to value anything its being thorough. They interviewed a ton of HC candidates. You have to assume they are really going to do their homework as they have a chance to add 2 rotation guys. That early 2nd rounder should yield worthy system guy. We will see
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/11/2018  12:58 PM
Anyone have any insights into his defense on the perimeter -- lateral quickness etc.
(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/12/2018  3:08 PM
Before the SEC Tournament, I wanted the Knicks to draft Knox. He might have the highest ceiling out of anyone on Kentucky.

Then I watched the SEC and NCAA Tournament... I did not see one game where Knox exerted his will on the game. I did not see one game where he was the best player on the court.

He's got the tools for sure and I wouldn't necessarily be bummed out if the Knicks drafted him. That said, this is a pick based entirely on projection because he ahsn't done anything to justify being taken that high. I kind of think he'll end up being remembered like Marvin Williams.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
6/13/2018  4:29 AM
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/13/2018  7:02 AM
Questions about his effort/motor? No thank you.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/13/2018  7:45 AM
I like my Knicks, no need for Knox
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
6/13/2018  10:41 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:I like my Knicks, no need for Knox

If we draft him, with KP out, we will be Knox's Knicks

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/13/2018  11:12 AM
I listened to a scout on the long two podcast yesterday talk about Knox. He mentioned that Knox comes from a good family, has a good support system, a good pedigree(dad played professional football), and he was very impressed with a move Knox added to his game on offense in season with Kentucky.
Workout tape posted looks good. He did switch to finish with his right hand when he took a layup on the left.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/15/2018  11:22 PM
Good video on Knox...tough call on pulling the trigger on him at 9

smackeddog
6/16/2018  3:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I listened to a scout on the long two podcast yesterday talk about Knox. He mentioned that Knox comes from a good family, has a good support system, a good pedigree(dad played professional football), and he was very impressed with a move Knox added to his game on offense in season with Kentucky.
Workout tape posted looks good. He did switch to finish with his right hand when he took a layup on the left.

His dad does seem solid in the video I posted on the draft thread:

What About Knox?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy