In the west:

1. Clippers
2. San Antonio
3. Rockets

In the east:

1. Cleveland
2. Miami
3. Philly

Rumors his son is enrolled in a school in L.A. but that could be in the event they do decide to live full time there.
No big deal for them to leave a deposit to get the kid enrolled.
Lots of momentum given he has his production company there, new mansion (melo, Marbury, etc have them in Los Angeles.....)

Why clippers? Im not sure, they have more tradable pieces, picks, etc to remake themselves if need be. Doc would be a good coach.
Its a long shot. I don't see Lebron dealing with the Ball Family thing. I think Lonzo would have to go.
Cav's can trade their pick to help.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/12/2018  11:39 AM
Leaving Cleveland again will be tricky. Risks being Douche' 2.0. Doesn't have to be that way (just as Decision 1.0 could have been better played in multiple ways). Have to imagine we'll know before the draft because Clevlandwould be flipping the number 8 pick and something else for a player who could contribute immediately

there is no way IMO he goes to Lakers or Philly. Even if they had tons of talent ready to compete right away that first year is always tricky (even Heat dream team took until second year) and I can't seem him wanting to pass on a year

If he leaves it has to be Houston because they're the only viable threat. San Antonio has some initial appeal but there best player is in a strange state with the team and overlaps with Lebron to some good degree

My only hesitation with Houston is it risks him not being in the finals. WCF will decide championship. Would he risk his streak of Finals's appearances?

Plus you have the collision of Pop's ego and Lebron's

(5)(5)
MS
Member: #724
6/12/2018  11:54 AM
No will fault him this time around. The team is old and broken down and unless someone falls to them in the draft and they can flip Love to OKC in a sign and trade for George and convince someone like Deandre Jordan to sign for the 8MM mid level, can't see him staying.

Fultz will bounce back and be dynamic, they add another talent in the draft with the 10th pick and have Covington, Saric and another late pick in the draft to go with 2 of the top 20 players in the NBA.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/12/2018  12:50 PM
Would anyone blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland a second time?

I wouldn't because at the end of the day they fired the GM that put most of it together, traded away his main running mate in Kyrie Irving which he apparently didn't want, and they appear to be stuck in limbo with their current roster. Now I do agree with what Kobe said recently that LeBron isn't as badly supported as people make him out to be, but the Cavaliers brass haven't done him any favors with some of the moves they have made. As such I don't think anyone could blame him for wanting to join a team better set to compete against the Warriors, or even just heading off into retirement in LA with one of those teams because one of his kids has enrolled in school in LA.

Sure there will be some bitter Cavaliers fans if he leaves again, but that is the case for the majority of fan bases when players leave. They'll burn or bin their jerseys and go on rants about how disloyal those players are, even when the root cause of the problem is often the people still at and on the team.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/12/2018  1:13 PM
So all the stuff about The Land and the importance of coming back was just chit-chat **** (to quote DJMUSIC)? What bothered me most about the first Decision is that he was the best player in the NBA (still is) and supposedly had all these friends. He should have been recruiting them to Cleveland. He leaves again there will be an impact (of course whoever gets him will treat him like a superhero)

GS has Curry and Durant (each MVP caliber) and KLay and Draymond who are special. PLUS a strong bench -- Livingston, Iggy etc. Theyre now so-stacked I don't like watching them. It's like Olympic basketball with Team USA

the only roster close is Houston with Lebron. Lebron can play the 5 when the other team goes small ball

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/12/2018  1:13 PM
Mike1989 wrote:Would anyone blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland a second time?

I wouldn't because at the end of the day they fired the GM that put most of it together, traded away his main running mate in Kyrie Irving which he apparently didn't want, and they appear to be stuck in limbo with their current roster. Now I do agree with what Kobe said recently that LeBron isn't as badly supported as people make him out to be, but the Cavaliers brass haven't done him any favors with some of the moves they have made. As such I don't think anyone could blame him for wanting to join a team better set to compete against the Warriors, or even just heading off into retirement in LA with one of those teams because one of his kids has enrolled in school in LA.

Sure there will be some bitter Cavaliers fans if he leaves again, but that is the case for the majority of fan bases when players leave. They'll burn or bin their jerseys and go on rants about how disloyal those players are, even when the root cause of the problem is often the people still at and on the team.

who was it pushed management to max out Thomspson and JR Smith? rhymes with Lebron?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/12/2018  1:21 PM
Most Cavs fans wont be angry this time because LeBron came back, won a title,.and kept the team relevant with a limited supporting cast, longer than anyone else in the league could in his place.

Been thinking Philly would be it. All that talent, but Im starting to wonder about the generation gap. Im guessing LeBron would want to bring in some vets.

If LeBron went to a .Western team he was confident could beat GS, year in and year out, that might make him more willing to leave tbe East. Not to mention knocking the Warriors out of the finals would be an added bonus.

Houston fits the bill if Paul can stay healthy, and LeBron will take less. Paul wont. If they win a title, it could speed tbe break up of the Warriors by attrition.

fwk00
Member: #6048

6/12/2018  7:35 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
fwk00 wrote:I think LeBron stays in CLE. Probably will be offered a percentage ownership of the team.

How much of a percentage do you think would be enough? Cough.

Sounds like you want to get into a pissing contest at 51/49.

I would say 10% or less.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/13/2018  4:49 AM
fwk00 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
fwk00 wrote:I think LeBron stays in CLE. Probably will be offered a percentage ownership of the team.

I would say 10% or less.

Serious question here, what if LBJ asked for 11 percent?

What would you say to him then if you were the owner of the Cavs? Cough.

fwk00
Member: #6048

6/13/2018  8:32 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I would say 10% or less.

Serious question here, what if LBJ asked for 11 percent?

What would you say to him then if you were the owner of the Cavs? Cough.

You are assuming (perhaps rightfully so) that the owner buyer relationship is hostile. If it is then maybe the partnership will not work no matter what percentages are involved.

If they're friendly they negotiate the numbers based on financials.

Jeter owns part of a Baseball team, what's that number?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/13/2018  2:21 PM
Michael Wilbon made a damned fine argument for why LeBron might choose Washington
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Ira
Member: #91
6/13/2018  2:49 PM
My guess is that he either stays in Cleveland or goes to Houston.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/14/2018  2:05 PM
“Anything could happen," Payton said about James' choices in free agency. "People don’t look at everything. (LeBron James’) son just committed to Sierra Canyon which is in the valley of LA. That’s where his son is going to go to school [with] Scottie Pippen’s son and Kenyon Martin’s son. So, that’s a move that they’re going to make … if everybody looks at it with a son at that age, you don’t want to be away from him during that period of time. During the time that we’re having, basketball is school time. I think that (Bronny) needs a father during that time and that’s it. I don’t think LeBron is that type of parent, I think he wants to be around his son a lot and see his son play a lot.”

Supporting Payton's claim about James' son's commitment to Sierra Canyon, on a recent episode of ESPN's "The Jump," Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen didn't deny or confirm what the former Seattle SuperSonics great said. Pippen's son goes to Sierra Canyon and according to him, he can't refute what Payton said.

From Deadspin:

All Pippen had to say at first was, “I kind of made a few calls yesterday, and from what I’m hearing nothing is official yet.” Later in the segment, when Nichols pushed him once again to refute Payton’s report, Pippen responded by saying, “I wish I could.

Lebron PG13 Kawhi in LA? good for us...let them fight it out in the West as we develop in the East.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Where Will Lebron Go?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy