[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would it take to acquire a second lottery pick?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/5/2018  1:19 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:With the right partner... Could trading Lee and our #36 pick give us something in the mid 20's ?

Would any of these teams see Lee, with 2 yrs left on a cap friendly contract for a quality 2 way player, as someone who could help them?

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Lee might be good fit in Philly, depending on what happens with Reddick

Philly will hold all of the cap space for LeBron until they know he is not coming

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I don't understand why everyone thinks Philly is the best destination for Lebron. Ben Simmons is not a catch and shoot player. You need to feed Embiid the ball... I understand Philly might have the most talent to pair with LeBron when you factor in those two's growth but to me it doesn't make the most basketball sense

People had those same questions about the Rockets and look how good they were. I think the moral of the story is that talent ultimately triumphs over fit in this league, with the right system. But if I'm the Sixers, I'm equally as interested in Paul George as I am LeBron.

Similar, but not the same... Simmons is developing. Also, Paul is a career .472/.372/.868 shooter. Simmons show .545/.000/.560 last year. Yes, there were questions about Harden and Paul sharing the ball. With LeBron and Simmons though, there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more questions.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

6/5/2018  3:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont want both Bridges, if one of them doesnt pan out, it could lead to problems. Like with the Morris brothers, when they were in Phoenix. Probably wouldnt be too happy about one of them being traded.

Would rather see the Knicks trade up.

but they aren't brothers?
they aren't even related

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/5/2018  7:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:With the right partner... Could trading Lee and our #36 pick give us something in the mid 20's ?

Would any of these teams see Lee, with 2 yrs left on a cap friendly contract for a quality 2 way player, as someone who could help them?

To get a late first rounder, a non Knicks team would be looking to shed any guaranteed salary possible. So taking in Lee doesn't fit that kind of strategy.

To get a late first, it would be two 2nd rounders ( including the 36th) or Dotson and the 36th. There comes a point late in the first round where a very late first rounder and an early 2nd rounder, there is very little separating those players in terms of talent and upside. I know someone will point out a Rondo or a Kuzma, but these are exceptions to the general rule.

No team will get a late first just for a single 2nd rounder, even an early one. Not in the current marketplace. If Lee was a quality two way player on a cap friendly deal, he would have been traded already.

Now what might start to change things is the last CBA raised the rookie slotting by about 45 percent, but spread out over the life of the current CBA agreement. Cost control is going to going up. A team in the late teens might rethink things if they are cap locked, but moreso to do so a couple of seasons from now.

With more teams going cap locked and into the tax zone, plus with fewer team with much cap space implied compared to previous years, the desire for cost controlled rookie labor will go up. The value of those late first rounders will go up some. Yes, the rookie scale is changing, but even an increase in cost control is still a pittance compared to 2nd/3rd contract market correction for player value. (I.E. Trey Burke shifted back to his actual market when his rookie contract ended, he was a minimum salary player. Durant could demand the max on his third contract. 2nd rounders run against market correction for their value must faster. They trade off guaranteed money for earlier freedom, depending on how they produce. (Think Chandler Parsons)

No one will want Lee for a "positive" asset. The opportunity cost of the cap space implied is too prohibitive.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/5/2018  8:07 PM
ankurk wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont want both Bridges, if one of them doesnt pan out, it could lead to problems. Like with the Morris brothers, when they were in Phoenix. Probably wouldnt be too happy about one of them being traded.

they aren't even related

Yes, of course. I clearly meant brothers in the universal sense of all of us being brothers in this vast universe. And an attack on one of us, is an attack on all of us. More so if you share the same initials, and play for the same team. Of course I knew they werent brothers.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/5/2018  8:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ankurk wrote:

they aren't even related

Yes, of course. I clearly meant brothers in the universal sense of all of us being brothers in this vast universe. And an attack on one of us, is an attack on all of us. More so if you share the same initials, and play for the same team. Of course I knew they werent brothers.

You are making absolutely no sense. I guess the same logic that JR smith knew the game was tied.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
What would it take to acquire a second lottery pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy