[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would it take to acquire a second lottery pick?
Author Thread
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

6/4/2018  12:17 PM
Would love to see us get both Miles & Mikal
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/4/2018  9:07 PM
That is just silly . Like the 1996 draft where we picked 3 SF's in the 1st rnd and passed on Ilgauskas. Not worth what it would take to get a 2nd lottery pick and then we have so many holes , can't pick 2 players that play the same position.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/4/2018  9:48 PM
With the right partner... Could trading Lee and our #36 pick give us something in the mid 20's ?

Would any of these teams see Lee, with 2 yrs left on a cap friendly contract for a quality 2 way player, as someone who could help them?

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/4/2018  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2018  11:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:With the right partner... Could trading Lee and our #36 pick give us something in the mid 20's ?

Would any of these teams see Lee, with 2 yrs left on a cap friendly contract for a quality 2 way player, as someone who could help them?

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Considering the financial predicaments of those teams, I could easily see them swapping their first round pick for our second round pick to maximize cap space/prevent a cap hold (Sixers, Lakers) or to blunt luxury tax ramifications (Warriors, Celtics, Blazers). There would be no need to include Lee in the deal, who I'd regard as a net-positive asset. I think we might be able to get the Pacers' pick outright for Lee, in a seperate deal.

NardDogNation

6/4/2018  11:20 PM
BigRedDog wrote:That is just silly . Like the 1996 draft where we picked 3 SF's in the 1st rnd and passed on Ilgauskas. Not worth what it would take to get a 2nd lottery pick and then we have so many holes , can't pick 2 players that play the same position.

Some thought Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Gordon Hayward were redundant. Look how well that worked out for the Celtics this season.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/5/2018  6:04 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:With the right partner... Could trading Lee and our #36 pick give us something in the mid 20's ?

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Considering the financial predicaments of those teams, I could easily see them swapping their first round pick for our second round pick to maximize cap space/prevent a cap hold (Sixers, Lakers) or to blunt luxury tax ramifications (Warriors, Celtics, Blazers). There would be no need to include Lee in the deal, who I'd regard as a net-positive asset. I think we might be able to get the Pacers' pick outright for Lee, in a seperate deal.

We might be able to get Golden States pick for our 2nd
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/5/2018  9:40 AM
On draft night, if there's a player that the Clippers love, we might be able to trade back to 12 & 13 for 9 & 37. I don't think it's enough unless the player they want is there but it's possible
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

6/5/2018  9:42 AM

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Lee might be good fit in Philly, depending on what happens with Reddick

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/5/2018  9:52 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Philly will hold all of the cap space for LeBron until they know he is not coming

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander

6/5/2018  9:59 AM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Philly will hold all of the cap space for LeBron until they know he is not coming

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I don't understand why everyone thinks Philly is the best destination for Lebron. Ben Simmons is not a catch and shoot player. You need to feed Embiid the ball... I understand Philly might have the most talent to pair with LeBron when you factor in those two's growth but to me it doesn't make the most basketball sense

NardDogNation

6/5/2018  10:52 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:On draft night, if there's a player that the Clippers love, we might be able to trade back to 12 & 13 for 9 & 37. I don't think it's enough unless the player they want is there but it's possible

Agreed. They could definitely use a Mikal Bridges who will be gone by the time they pick. And considering how many big-ticket contracts they have attached to rotation players, I'm not sure they'd have the room to play one lottery pick- let alone two. Condensing that value at 12 and 13 might be their best course of action, which we can do for then.

At 12 and 13, who should we pick?

NardDogNation

6/5/2018  10:54 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I don't understand why everyone thinks Philly is the best destination for Lebron. Ben Simmons is not a catch and shoot player. You need to feed Embiid the ball... I understand Philly might have the most talent to pair with LeBron when you factor in those two's growth but to me it doesn't make the most basketball sense

People had those same questions about the Rockets and look how good they were. I think the moral of the story is that talent ultimately triumphs over fit in this league, with the right system. But if I'm the Sixers, I'm equally as interested in Paul George as I am LeBron.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2018  11:00 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

People had those same questions about the Rockets and look how good they were. I think the moral of the story is that talent ultimately triumphs over fit in this league, with the right system. But if I'm the Sixers, I'm equally as interested in Paul George as I am LeBron.

I think George is the better fit, honestly. I'm not saying he's better than LeBron, but he would mesh better than Simmons and Embiid. Would also make Reddick an afterthought. I don't think Lee is going anywhere until the middle of free agency. Perry has shown he his patient and willing to wait until more teams get desperate.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation

6/5/2018  11:00 AM
I think we could get a second lottery pick from the Hornets if we were willing to absorb one of their bad contracts in exchange for a rotation player and cap flexibility. The Hornets have shown a reluctance to develop talent and their books were so badly mismanaged that they might as well put their pick into play.

The question should be whether that pick would be good enough to screw up our books. Last year, I thought the Knicks could've gotten Portland's 10th pick as well under the same premise by absorbing Evan Turner's and Andrew Nicholson's contract for a Willy Hernangomez, $24 million in cap savings and minor assets. Donovan Mitchell would've still been on the board....and we certainly could've used him moving forward.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/5/2018  11:02 AM
NardDogNation wrote:I think we could get a second lottery pick from the Hornets if we were willing to absorb one of their bad contracts in exchange for a rotation player and cap flexibility. The Hornets have shown a reluctance to develop talent and their books were so badly mismanaged that they might as well put their pick into play.

The question should be whether that pick would be good enough to screw up our books. Last year, I thought the Knicks could've gotten Portland's 10th pick as well under the same premise by absorbing Evan Turner's and Andrew Nicholson's contract for a Willy Hernangomez, $24 million in cap savings and minor assets. Donovan Mitchell would've still been on the board....and we certainly could've used him moving forward.

We also have to clear up the space. Kanter ain't going nowhere this year. I like the idea of a pick, but I still wouldn't want to stretch Noah at this time.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation

6/5/2018  11:58 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

I think George is the better fit, honestly. I'm not saying he's better than LeBron, but he would mesh better than Simmons and Embiid. Would also make Reddick an afterthought. I don't think Lee is going anywhere until the middle of free agency. Perry has shown he his patient and willing to wait until more teams get desperate.

Most definitely. But LeBron is such a talent that I wouldn't be as concerned with fit in most situations. Then again, if I were the Sixers, I'd still be more focused on developing my youth than trying to win a title.

And I agree with what you said about Lee. Players of is ilk tend to be part of the 2nd or 3rd wave of decisions that occur during free agency.

WaltLongmire

6/5/2018  12:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Yeah...In some respects, James is pretty much a Simmons who can shoot from the outside. I think James can play off the ball a little better than Simmons, in terms of scoring, but they seem redundant.

Has James expressed an interest in Philly?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/5/2018  12:23 PM
Dont want both Bridges, if one of them doesnt pan out, it could lead to problems. Like with the Morris brothers, when they were in Phoenix. Probably wouldnt be too happy about one of them being traded.

Would rather see the Knicks trade up.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/5/2018  12:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

Yeah...In some respects, James is pretty much a Simmons who can shoot from the outside. I think James can play off the ball a little better than Simmons, in terms of scoring, but they seem redundant.

I think the only "reported" interest James has shown is in LA, where he has a home. Not much else to go on really.

I'd guess that it would come down to cap space and ability to get to finals. East would be much easier, next year only 2 teams would really have seem contenders to come out of the East: Philly and Boston. West is just a minefield of hard teams to battle through not only the playoffs but the regular season.

Let's say James picks LAL, I just don't know how the move enough salary while also maintaining a team that LBJ could also win with in the West. I can't imagine having to go through the west in the playoffs like the Cavs did in the East.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

6/5/2018  12:50 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

21 Utah

22 Chicago

23 Indiana

24 Portland

25 LA Lakers

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Golden St.

29 Brooklyn

30 Atlanta

I think the only "reported" interest James has shown is in LA, where he has a home. Not much else to go on really.

I'd guess that it would come down to cap space and ability to get to finals. East would be much easier, next year only 2 teams would really have seem contenders to come out of the East: Philly and Boston. West is just a minefield of hard teams to battle through not only the playoffs but the regular season.

Let's say James picks LAL, I just don't know how the move enough salary while also maintaining a team that LBJ could also win with in the West. I can't imagine having to go through the west in the playoffs like the Cavs did in the East.

If KP wasn't sidelined, and we had cap space, I can't understand why he wouldn't sign a 2 year deal with the Knicks...player option second year...or even a 3 year deal with some bail-out option ability for James so he doesn't feel trapped.

Historically, bringing another title to the Knicks would cement his legacy, and if he got this Cavs team into the finals, he could have done the same with the Knicks, with a healthy KP, of course (Which makes my entire post here, purely academic in nature.).

What would it take to acquire a second lottery pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy