[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Trade For Doncic
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/30/2018  12:11 PM
Nalod wrote:If we are Timmy is a 15ppg scorer with good speed that can light it up on any given night. How valuable is he next to Conley? I'd say he is a better player as a 3rd option on a good team than 1st option with knicks. Logical right?
What I don't know is how bad/good/healthy is Parsons? Healthy he is a very good player. A starter for sure!!! but is he better than one of the bridges? They would be a 4-5th option.
If Parsons is fragile and not to be counted on they are far better with ThJr who is paid AVERAGE for a 2. Its logical as hell for this concept based on Grizz team at this juncture.

If Knicks do this and are making headway our pick next year can always be used for a trade, its an asset we can still use.
All this is based on a super high conviction that at the 4 we get a franchise changing potential talent whom ever it is. There is risk. Memphis takes some off the table for them.
Lets face it, there is a risk that Doncic is not better than THjr? Don't laugh, its the NBA draft and this shyt happens.

The question none of us know the answer to is what is Memphis planning. I think Tyreke Evans is a better player and, probably, cheaper player than THJ at this point. We here all the pre-draft posturing, but let's be realistic. The four pick is the only chance for them to get a player who has a chance top 25-50 player in the league. Free agency hasn't really been kind to them and they haven't really shown an ability to identify talent on the fringes. Also, how much of a window does Conley and Gasol have. THJ is a nice player, but he doesn't have the upside of any of the player's they can grabbing the top 5. The only front office guy I know who would be reckless enough to do that trade is in the WNBA. There better off letting Parsons contract run it's course than tying up salary for more years. I'm thinking they ask for Frank, #9 and Hardaway at the very least. Also, from our point of view, there's no guarantee Luka is there at #4. A deal like this couldn't be made until the night of the draft anyway.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/30/2018  1:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:If we are Timmy is a 15ppg scorer with good speed that can light it up on any given night. How valuable is he next to Conley? I'd say he is a better player as a 3rd option on a good team than 1st option with knicks. Logical right?
What I don't know is how bad/good/healthy is Parsons? Healthy he is a very good player. A starter for sure!!! but is he better than one of the bridges? They would be a 4-5th option.
If Parsons is fragile and not to be counted on they are far better with ThJr who is paid AVERAGE for a 2. Its logical as hell for this concept based on Grizz team at this juncture.

If Knicks do this and are making headway our pick next year can always be used for a trade, its an asset we can still use.
All this is based on a super high conviction that at the 4 we get a franchise changing potential talent whom ever it is. There is risk. Memphis takes some off the table for them.
Lets face it, there is a risk that Doncic is not better than THjr? Don't laugh, its the NBA draft and this shyt happens.

The question none of us know the answer to is what is Memphis planning. I think Tyreke Evans is a better player and, probably, cheaper player than THJ at this point. We here all the pre-draft posturing, but let's be realistic. The four pick is the only chance for them to get a player who has a chance top 25-50 player in the league. Free agency hasn't really been kind to them and they haven't really shown an ability to identify talent on the fringes. Also, how much of a window does Conley and Gasol have. THJ is a nice player, but he doesn't have the upside of any of the player's they can grabbing the top 5. The only front office guy I know who would be reckless enough to do that trade is in the WNBA. There better off letting Parsons contract run it's course than tying up salary for more years. I'm thinking they ask for Frank, #9 and Hardaway at the very least. Also, from our point of view, there's no guarantee Luka is there at #4. A deal like this couldn't be made until the night of the draft anyway.

Doncic (See article on other thread) has some leverage as he can stay in Madrid.
Does Memphis call their bluff?

BigDaddyG

5/30/2018  1:36 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Doncic (See article on other thread) has some leverage as he can stay in Madrid.

That makes things more difficult. But do we know Luka has a problem with Grizzlies? They have Gasol, who he's probably familiar with, and they should be competitive, barring injuries. I know Luka wants to play with Kristaps, but millions are on the line here.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/30/2018  2:46 PM
fishmike wrote:Doncic is best player in the draft, and right now by a margin.

I really believe that Memphis would make this trade. Our #1 next year plus the ninth pick this year for Doncic, if he's there at #4. Sure we would be giving up next year's pick but the draft is rumored to be weak and the rules for guaranteeing a very high pick have been made stricter. Our #9 this year will probably turn out to be a role player.
reub

5/30/2018  2:49 PM
THJr. has a WS/48 this year of 0.67, much worse than a replacement player. His signing was a huge mistake. I'd trade him for Parsons in a heartbeat to get Doncic..
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/30/2018  3:08 PM
reub wrote:THJr. has a WS/48 this year of 0.67, much worse than a replacement player. His signing was a huge mistake. I'd trade him for Parsons in a heartbeat to get Doncic..
thats not what that stat means.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub

5/30/2018  3:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
reub wrote:THJr. has a WS/48 this year of 0.67, much worse than a replacement player. His signing was a huge mistake. I'd trade him for Parsons in a heartbeat to get Doncic..

He sucks as a player no matter what it means.
BigDaddyG

5/30/2018  3:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2018  3:34 PM
fishmike wrote:

He was .9 I believe, which puts him in the area of guys like Harrison Barnes (he had the same figure last year), Eldridge Payton etc. He's above replacement, but you could probably do better. There are other things to take into consideration with the stat(Klay Thompson also has a VORP of
9). But I think his other stats show he's more of sirloin type player type player than a rib eye. I'm hungry as hell right now if you can't tell.

Nalod
USA
5/30/2018  3:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That makes things more difficult. But do we know Luka has a problem with Grizzlies? They have Gasol, who he's probably familiar with, and they should be competitive, barring injuries. I know Luka wants to play with Kristaps, but millions are on the line here.

Luca is lithuianian and plays in spain. Gasol is from spain but basically went to high school on Memphis, is Spanish and plays on the national team.
They are Familiar? They are European. Do we know more? For all we know Luca might think Gasol is a dick and wants no part of him.

I doubt he falls to 9 as someone will do a trade. For all we know Memphis might be super happy with Bamba or someone else and its more likely than doing a big trade. First four picks are all open to trade in my opinion or at least justification to make one as there is no clear cut franchise player. Its a lovely thought to think the knicks can get this kid but at the end of the day there is price and only hindsight will tell us what that price should have been.
Next year when he is rookie of the year we can all yell how "Stupid it was the knicks did not trade up"..............
And you know some of you will!!!

BigDaddyG

5/30/2018  3:43 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Luca is lithuianian and plays in spain. Gasol is from spain but basically went to high school on Memphis, is Spanish and plays on the national team.
They are Familiar? They are European. Do we know more? For all we know Luca might think Gasol is a dick and wants no part of him.

I doubt he falls to 9 as someone will do a trade. For all we know Memphis might be super happy with Bamba or someone else and its more likely than doing a big trade. First four picks are all open to trade in my opinion or at least justification to make one as there is no clear cut franchise player. Its a lovely thought to think the knicks can get this kid but at the end of the day there is price and only hindsight will tell us what that price should have been.
Next year when he is rookie of the year we can all yell how "Stupid it was the knicks did not trade up"..............
And you know some of you will!!!

I don't know if he's cool with Gasol, but he's really friendly with Willy and the Gasols are like the grandfather's of Spanish international basketball. He could think he's a douche as well. I'm just saying it wouldn't be out of the realm that they know each other. I agree he won't fall to 9. I doubt he falls to 4.
fishmike
USA
5/30/2018  4:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He was .9 I believe, which puts him in the area of guys like Harrison Barnes (he had the same figure last year), Eldridge Payton etc. He's above replacement, but you could probably do better. There are other things to take into consideration with the stat(Klay Thompson also has a VORP of
9). But I think his other stats show he's more of sirloin type player type player than a rib eye. I'm hungry as hell right now if you can't tell.

He had his worst shooting year and still posted career highs in most stats. THJ was not great but he was not bad and certainly was not garbage. I expect his FG%s to go back to career norms which will push those #s a bit more.

Sirloin is great when you got cat food. THJ is a starting point. Downside is you grabbed a rotation player in RFA who helps you get to being a playoff team (granted low seeded). Upside is he's a core guy and asset moving forward. His contract is only bad if he's hurt. I am fine with keeping him also. I think with better PG play we will see THJ get better. He's coachable and plays hard. Sirloin is spot on.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/30/2018  7:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He had his worst shooting year and still posted career highs in most stats. THJ was not great but he was not bad and certainly was not garbage. I expect his FG%s to go back to career norms which will push those #s a bit more.

Sirloin is great when you got cat food. THJ is a starting point. Downside is you grabbed a rotation player in RFA who helps you get to being a playoff team (granted low seeded). Upside is he's a core guy and asset moving forward. His contract is only bad if he's hurt. I am fine with keeping him also. I think with better PG play we will see THJ get better. He's coachable and plays hard. Sirloin is spot on.

Its a terrible contract its why bad teams stay bad
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/30/2018  8:15 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Who are you comparing THJ stats against.

THJ is a guy you play uptempo with, that bull sht we were running with JH, slow ass jack, half court, no 3 taking offense, 4 fast break points per game, juggling 4 pgs. A lot of times he was playing HERO ball once KP went down, and he was definitely not playing like that in ATL

The biggest fear I have is his health, but given the right system, he could be just as good as eric gordan, middleton ect.

ES
fishmike
USA
5/31/2018  10:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

No it isnt but thanks
Juliano
Member: #7589

5/31/2018  11:22 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Luca is lithuianian and plays in spain.

No he's not. KP is lithuanian, but Doncic is from Slovenija (balkan republic, formerly part of Yugoslavia).

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/31/2018  11:45 AM
I'm seeing rumors that Celtics are trying to trade for Doncic in a package that features Rozier
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

5/31/2018  11:53 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm seeing rumors that Celtics are trying to trade for Doncic in a package that features Rozier

Good luck with that lol Rossier should be complementary piece in a deal of that magnitude. But who knows, they could be dealing with the Kings.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/31/2018  12:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm seeing rumors that Celtics are trying to trade for Doncic in a package that features Rozier

Good luck with that lol Rossier should be complementary piece in a deal of that magnitude. But who knows, they could be dealing with the Kings.

oh yeah... the Cs would definitely need to give more than just Rozier, but he'd be the main piece. The Celtics have a lot of assets to work with. If they got Doncic, Tatum or Brown would seemingly be on the table too

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
5/31/2018  12:18 PM
Juliano wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Luca is lithuianian and plays in spain.

No he's not. KP is lithuanian, but Doncic is from Slovenija (balkan republic, formerly part of Yugoslavia).

That changes the whole conversation.

Nalod
USA
5/31/2018  12:19 PM

I doubt Tatum gets moved but I'd send them a pick and Rozier, or Jaylen brown and Rozier.

A Trade For Doncic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy