[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Trade For Doncic
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/29/2018  7:56 PM
What gets us Doncic at #4? Memphis selects Doncic and we select their choice with our #9. We then trade that #9 pick to them and also our 2019 first round pick for Doncic. I think that it's legal and would get us our man. What do you think?
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/29/2018  8:04 PM
What makes you think Doncic lasts till 4?
reub
Member: #6227

5/29/2018  8:43 PM
Panos wrote:What makes you think Doncic lasts till 4?

We can offer this same trade to the teams above Memphis too. We don't have to hope that he drops to #4.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/29/2018  8:55 PM
If there is ever an NBA/college player you think can gratefully impact NBA games--its worth the picks. Im not sure I would personally do this--- but I understand the mentality. Its a very high price removing the 2019 draft in a year we wont even have KP.
RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/29/2018  9:33 PM
I think doncic stays at 2 for the kings. I think the steal of the draft and the guy who makes immediately impact is Michael Porter JR.... but if T Young becomes the next Steph Curry, with better court vision he’s going to make a lot of teams look foolish for not taking him. Will Young or Porter slip to 9 ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/29/2018  10:59 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I think doncic stays at 2 for the kings. I think the steal of the draft and the guy who makes immediately impact is Michael Porter JR.... but if T Young becomes the next Steph Curry, with better court vision he’s going to make a lot of teams look foolish for not taking him. Will Young or Porter slip to 9 ?

Read a few weeks ago that Doncic's people might be letting it known that he will wait a year if he doesnt land with a franchise he likes. Still young enough to make that believable. Kings would be wise to field offers, if thats really the case.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/29/2018  11:15 PM
You’re trading a potential number 1 pick (considering KP could be out the whole season) for not only a European player... but a mere tiny blind hope for said European player. That’s a steep as hell price. I’ll pass.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/30/2018  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2018  7:30 AM
reub wrote:What gets us Doncic at #4? Memphis selects Doncic and we select their choice with our #9. We then trade that #9 pick to them and also our 2019 first round pick for Doncic. I think that it's legal and would get us our man. What do you think?

What if they change the draft rules and HS kids come straight into the NBA draft. We could be giving up an unprotected pick in a draft overflowing with talent. I just don't see a way to make that trade palatable for both sides.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/30/2018  8:52 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:You’re trading a potential number 1 pick (considering KP could be out the whole season) for not only a European player... but a mere tiny blind hope for said European player. That’s a steep as hell price. I’ll pass.

What #1 pick?

You think Mills and Perry interviewed 11 coaches and hired one of the best available coaches to produce one of the worst records in the NBA next season. What would be the purpose

It's funny how some of you continue to have this loosing mind set, or maybe you have no FAITH in the FO to Produce a winning roster unless it fell out of the sky.

If there's an opportunity to move up in the draft this yr, you better make that move, the idea is to get better ever yr, not flat line your way to the unemployment line

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/30/2018  8:53 AM
we have too many holes and not enough talent to make this kind of trade. I'm very happy picking where we are and getting one of the Bridges.

Rinse and repeat next year, and hope then you have the start of a foundation to build a competitive team.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/30/2018  9:24 AM
i'll say it again the Doncic story sounds like others before him, e.g., Toni Kukoc (supposed European MJ...)

Now if Clarence Gaines were on board with him, I'd feel differently, because he knows what he's doing and I don't

(5)(5)
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/30/2018  9:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I think doncic stays at 2 for the kings. I think the steal of the draft and the guy who makes immediately impact is Michael Porter JR.... but if T Young becomes the next Steph Curry, with better court vision he’s going to make a lot of teams look foolish for not taking him. Will Young or Porter slip to 9 ?

Read a few weeks ago that Doncic's people might be letting it known that he will wait a year if he doesnt land with a franchise he likes. Still young enough to make that believable. Kings would be wise to field offers, if thats really the case.

True, aren’t KP and Doncic close? We better make sure we are one of the teams he’ll sign with right away.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/30/2018  10:09 AM
I see this as a possibility. Kings and Grizz both lost picks potentially for 2019, and may want to recoup if Doncic makes it known he doesn't want to go there and teams determine there isn't a big difference between talent from 3rd best prospect to 9th. Another possibility would be taking on additional salary from these teams like Parsons of course. KP, Doncic, and Frank would be quite a nice core to rebuild with, even at the expense of a future pick as long as it has some sort of protection on it, maybe #1 overall or top 3 even.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/30/2018  10:09 AM
BRIGGS wrote:If there is ever an NBA/college player you think can gratefully impact NBA games--its worth the picks. Im not sure I would personally do this--- but I understand the mentality. Its a very high price removing the 2019 draft in a year we wont even have KP.

I think KP comes back sooner rather than later. We will be bad, but i don't think top 5 bad.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/30/2018  10:14 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

True, aren’t KP and Doncic close? We better make sure we are one of the teams he’ll sign with right away.

Dont know how close they are, but Im pretty sure that Doncic would be OK with a big market team, playing with KP. The rumours were also about Doncic's people wanting him to be in a big market because he is such a phenom in Europe. They want to build on that.

The only way I could imagine the Knicks having a chance of landing Doncic, without KP would be Frank/our 9th pick/ next year's first rounder/ and some second rounders. Thats my guess. Doncic looks like the real deal, but its still a tough call.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/30/2018  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2018  10:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:You’re trading a potential number 1 pick (considering KP could be out the whole season) for not only a European player... but a mere tiny blind hope for said European player. That’s a steep as hell price. I’ll pass.

What #1 pick?

You think Mills and Perry interviewed 11 coaches and hired one of the best available coaches to produce one of the worst records in the NBA next season. What would be the purpose

It's funny how some of you continue to have this loosing mind set, or maybe you have no FAITH in the FO to Produce a winning roster unless it fell out of the sky.

If there's an opportunity to move up in the draft this yr, you better make that move, the idea is to get better ever yr, not flat line your way to the unemployment line

Tell me one thing this front office has done for any fan to have any FAITH that they can produce a winning roster? As soon as Phil was fired S.Mills went out and threw $70 mil at THJ. What has S.Perry done? Traded away Willy. Traded a 2nd round pick for Mudiay who stinks. I like Fiz but he has a year and a half as a head coach and some seem to think he's some great coach. He went 43-39 in the 2016-17 season and went 7-12 in the 2017-18 before being fired 19 games in. Lets not bring up him being an assistant in Miami where they have one of the best young coaches in the game and they built a super team to win the championships. Seems to me like we have a lot of unproven people running the front office and as our head coach. I do think Fiz will be good but not until our new GM and president get him some talent and that's still a big question mark on if they even know how to do that or not.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/30/2018  10:40 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

What #1 pick?

Tell me one thing this front office has done for any fan to have any FAITH that they can produce a winning roster? As soon as Phil was fired S.Mills went out and threw $70 mil at THJ. What has S.Perry done? Traded away Willy. Traded a 2nd round pick for Mudiay who stinks. I like Fiz but he has a year and a half as a head coach and some seem to think he's some great coach. He went 43-39 in the 2016-17 season and went 7-12 in the 2017-18 before being fired 19 games in. Lets not bring up him being an assistant in Miami where they have one of the best young coaches in the game and they built a super team to win the championships. Seems to me like we have a lot of unproven people running the front office and as our head coach. I do think Fiz will be good but not until our new GM and president get him some talent and that's still a big question mark on if they even know how to do that or not.

Well it's not secrete how I feel about the FO, I agree with everything you said, I just didn't want to put it out there again in this thread. All it took was Last seasons trading dead line and the willy trade to realize PERRY is a "Scared of RISK" GM. He makes trades that have little to no impact (positive or negative).

When Phil traded for Rose, it was a high reward low risk trade.

This FO is a SUPER CONSERVATIVE group, You can preserved all the cap space you want, but WALSH and PJ should be a clear lesson that having CAP SPACE doesn't mean sht if you don't have stars already on the team. You will end up giving some 2nd or 3rd tier FA (see THJ, lee, Noah, Amare, felton,) all of your cap space, and still be a borderline AVG team.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/30/2018  11:24 AM
The simple fact is Doncic will be a rookie and might not be great in his freshman year in the NBA.
If so, and lets just say KP is rusty out of the gate the season might not be so great. Its not a losing mindset for fans to set this expectation as it has no bearing on what our FO and coaches think or do.
Best thing is to try the best today but not sacrifice upside. That said trading our pick for 2019 could be about where it is now, say 8-9-10.
If we are better, that's GOOD!!!
The discussion is not faith in the FO because Mills signed THjr but what actually happens on the court.
There are no "Lesson's" from past Knicks history unless the team is content on starphuching again and that seems unlikely.

Few other things, if Michael Porter falls to the nine there is a reason for it and "the steal" won't be without its risks. My take is there is a concern about his back.
Lamenting on Trae if we don't take him? This is tough because there is always a player or two that everyone misses on yet fans set their skulls on fire as if they knew better.
Its easy to pick a couple of names but the fact is you get just one shot at a pick. Nalod does not have "his guy" and at the same time can't be smug about "told ya so" either.

The guys that intrigue me are Wendall Carter and the Bridges of Madison Square.
If Memphis wants to swap picks and if Parsons is useless for THjr then I'd do that. Im not down on Timmy like a lot of you. Fact is Memphis is in win now mode (core of Gasol and Conley and big money tied in them) and if they can find a starter with our pick they get a good deal. If they value a 4th pick as a franchise potential type player then should keep the pick.
Nalod don't trade first round pick next year.
If we are Timmy is a 15ppg scorer with good speed that can light it up on any given night. How valuable is he next to Conley? I'd say he is a better player as a 3rd option on a good team than 1st option with knicks. Logical right?
What I don't know is how bad/good/healthy is Parsons? Healthy he is a very good player. A starter for sure!!! but is he better than one of the bridges? They would be a 4-5th option.
If Parsons is fragile and not to be counted on they are far better with ThJr who is paid AVERAGE for a 2. Its logical as hell for this concept based on Grizz team at this juncture.

If Knicks do this and are making headway our pick next year can always be used for a trade, its an asset we can still use.
All this is based on a super high conviction that at the 4 we get a franchise changing potential talent whom ever it is. There is risk. Memphis takes some off the table for them.
Lets face it, there is a risk that Doncic is not better than THjr? Don't laugh, its the NBA draft and this shyt happens.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/30/2018  11:53 AM
Doncic is best player in the draft, and right now by a margin.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/30/2018  12:04 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
reub wrote:What gets us Doncic at #4? Memphis selects Doncic and we select their choice with our #9. We then trade that #9 pick to them and also our 2019 first round pick for Doncic. I think that it's legal and would get us our man. What do you think?

A) Violates the Stepien Rule. Illegal trade. Just about every trade scenario in the past month here discussing moving up from 9 to 2 or 4 violates the Stepien Rule.

I don't think that is correct. You can't trade away consecutive future picks. But as long as you HAVE a first round pick in the draft for a particular year (yours or otherwise), you can trade a pick in the next year.

If you trade up for Doncic (using #9), you have a pick in the 2018 draft and can trade your 2019 pick.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
A Trade For Doncic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy