[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank back in NY
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/10/2018  8:18 PM
cant wait to see Frank on the court again. Hopefully he's playing summer league this year.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/10/2018  8:41 PM
Cartman718 wrote:cant wait to see Frank on the court again. Hopefully he's playing summer league this year.

What I heard, hopefully Frank is playing competitvely, every chance he gets. Try out new moves. See if the improved conditioning is helping him get by defenders.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/10/2018  9:27 PM
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/11/2018  7:56 AM
dacash wrote:Reports are saying he grew an inch againnn

So did I hearing that

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/11/2018  8:19 AM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GREENWICH, Conn. – Frank Ntilikina was drafted five spots ahead of Donovan Mitchell, but almost a year later it’s the Knicks point guard who is looking up to a local-bred rising superstar.
“Oh it was unbelievable,” Ntilikina told the Daily News about Mitchell’s remarkable rookie season with the Jazz. “Seeing a good friend play the way he was playing, seeing him carry his team like that, it was great feeling for me and all of his friends. He motivates me to do great things.”

Asked whether he envisions himself playing to Mitchell’s level of last season — which included an impressive run to the Western Conference semifinals — Ntilikina added, “Yes. …Even further.”

After spending much of the offseason in France, Ntilikina returned to New York and has been working with new coach David Fizdale at the practice facility. He said Sunday that the focus has been on “offensive skills.”

“Things that help me get comfortable on the court, offensively,” Ntilikina added. “I think defensively I’ve done a great job last year and I have to keep doing it. The main part next year is going to be offensively.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-ntilikina-mitchell-20180603-story.html
I want the Knicks to be good. They are my team. I dont pretend things are something they arent. So when you hear about improving culture etc its mostly ra-ra BS until you see otherwise. I will say this... I cant think of a more positive thing (culture wise) than having Frank working out with Fizdale at the Knicks facility during the first week of June.

Frank is one of my fav young players in the league and I cant wait to see him take his next step. I have high expectations for this summer league

Improving culture is things teams say when they don't have enough talent. It's one of the ways they distract the fanbase from all the losing. Im 50/50 so far on this regime, Perry seems alright but I can't stand Mills. I mean what kind of idiot hands out long-term cap crippling contracts before hiring a GM?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/11/2018  8:53 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GREENWICH, Conn. – Frank Ntilikina was drafted five spots ahead of Donovan Mitchell, but almost a year later it’s the Knicks point guard who is looking up to a local-bred rising superstar.
“Oh it was unbelievable,” Ntilikina told the Daily News about Mitchell’s remarkable rookie season with the Jazz. “Seeing a good friend play the way he was playing, seeing him carry his team like that, it was great feeling for me and all of his friends. He motivates me to do great things.”

Asked whether he envisions himself playing to Mitchell’s level of last season — which included an impressive run to the Western Conference semifinals — Ntilikina added, “Yes. …Even further.”

After spending much of the offseason in France, Ntilikina returned to New York and has been working with new coach David Fizdale at the practice facility. He said Sunday that the focus has been on “offensive skills.”

“Things that help me get comfortable on the court, offensively,” Ntilikina added. “I think defensively I’ve done a great job last year and I have to keep doing it. The main part next year is going to be offensively.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-ntilikina-mitchell-20180603-story.html
I want the Knicks to be good. They are my team. I dont pretend things are something they arent. So when you hear about improving culture etc its mostly ra-ra BS until you see otherwise. I will say this... I cant think of a more positive thing (culture wise) than having Frank working out with Fizdale at the Knicks facility during the first week of June.

Frank is one of my fav young players in the league and I cant wait to see him take his next step. I have high expectations for this summer league

Improving culture is things teams say when they don't have enough talent. It's one of the ways they distract the fanbase from all the losing. Im 50/50 so far on this regime, Perry seems alright but I can't stand Mills. I mean what kind of idiot hands out long-term cap crippling contracts before hiring a GM?

and saying she's got a good personality is something you say when she's not good looking. But you know... sometimes she actually does have a good personality.
The point is to improve within. That is what culture does... gets more from the guys you have. Get the guys you have to play better together. Most of the roster is young and has a lot of room to improve. How much improvement actually happens is a measure of the culture.

Fizdale was hired for his ability to connect and teach. We will see how it works out.

What long term cap crippling contracts are you talking about? THJ? Pa-leeze

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/11/2018  10:07 AM
In the long run, Frank might not be a PG. He might be a 3!!!
Might he be 6'7 by fall?
He can guard three positions already.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2018  11:34 AM
Nalod wrote:In the long run, Frank might not be a PG. He might be a 3!!!
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Nalod
USA
6/11/2018  11:41 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Be nice. Get excited, someone will shyt on it. Shoot it down, someone else will suggest frank is a "TrianglePHile" and because he took geometry class he is tainted by three sides. Of course if you can't say what frank will be, "Collison", or "reezy", Or "PG13", or whom ever. Gee, he is not a PG so lets trade him and protect our pick next year for a guy that possibly won't be a first pick?

Frank might be a great wingman. Pippen is in the HOF with a gaudy collection of rings. Frank is growing, by next year he might be 8foot tall!!!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/11/2018  11:43 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Pippen was more physically imposing than Frank, doubt that will change. Would rather see him try to become a quality 2.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/11/2018  12:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Pippen was more physically imposing than Frank, doubt that will change. Would rather see him try to become a quality 2.

Pippen was definitely an elite athlete but also came into the league at 22 years of age.

No idea how physically imposing Frank will be in 2 years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
6/11/2018  12:15 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Pippen was definitely an elite athlete but also came into the league at 22 years of age.

Toughness isnt going to be a problem for Frank. We have seen that. We have seen him defend elite NBA scorers effectively. He have seen him take and hit big shots when the games counted. All Frank needs to do is grow up. He could absolutely be a Pippen type. Maybe not as quick and longer for sure. Frank looks great when he's aggressive. We saw this at the end of the season. Frank defers to his elders. That is a cultural thing for him and not a bad thing, certainly not for a PG. I expect much more from Frank this year but he's not just going to start looking for his unless Fiz really pushes that and I doubt he does.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/11/2018  12:34 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Yup...everyone seems to forget the ages that players used to come into the league back in the day...

I looked at Pippen's draft...Most in the 1st round were 22/23 when the season started...a few older, and the youngest age drafted was 21, and there were only 2 of them.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
USA
6/11/2018  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/11/2018  2:48 PM
Pippen was 6'3 when he got to Central Arkansas reaching 6-7 by his SENIOR YEAR. The imposing photos of him in college I will guess are his senior year.
Frank is still three years away from this:

When Scottie arrived at Central Arkansas he had grown 2 inches. He now was 6'3. He did not arrive with the goal of becoming an NBA player, he wasn't even sure he wanted to play varsity basketball. His work study program did not guarantee him a place on the team so if he wanted to play he would have to work hard for it. Coach Don Dyer told him if he worked out with weights and built his upper body strength he might be able to make the team in a year or two. His chance came sooner than expected when several members of the team quit. He played his freshmen year as a reserve and averaged only 4.3 points a game, but he impressed his coach with his desire and hustle.

When sophomore year started in the fall of 1985, Scottie had grown to 6'5. He had now become a player of rare talent. Because of the position he played in high school he had the mentality and ball handling skills of a point guard but now he also had the height of a forward. His unique talents allowed him to play all 5 positions. He quickly became the best player and led his team in scoring and rebounding in his sophomore year.

When the season was over, Scottie began working out and got even bigger and stronger. He now had a sense of what he wanted to do with his life. He began to think seriously about a career in professional basketball. In his junior year Scottie was the teams leading scorer and rebounder and was named to the NAIA All American Team.

In Scottie's senior year he had grown to 6'7 and became the dominant player of his team. He averaged 23.6 points, 10 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game. He was again named to the NAIA All American Team. He looked good enough to make the NBA but his only problem was that he got no exposure playing for Central Arkansas. The director of NBA scouting came to see him play and advised all NBA teams to take a look at him. The general manager of the Chicago Bulls was the only one who took this advice. He was impressed and was interested in Scottie. The NBA director was not aware of his interest so he decided to invite Scottie to play in an all star game to show off his talents for other recruits. His performance attracted a lot more scouts but the general manager of the Chicago Bulls still wanted him. He had to work out a trade with the Seattle SuperSonics in order to get Scottie. The Bulls signed Scottie to a 6 year contract worth more than $5 million dollars.

By all accounts Frank has just started to lift weights. Smart to let him grow and perhaps he is nearing his expected height. Let the kid naturally find his body.
Its not easy to project what this kid will look like in three years. That's when Pippen went to the NBA if you equate the same age.
Could Pippen in his freshman year of college do half the things Frank did last season? Doubt it.
Im not saying Frank is projecting to be a HOF player but its not a stretch to think he'll be more than he was last year.
I'd even say those that are expecting "big things from him next season" might be a bit over reaching. Not to say he can't be good, improved and what not, but give these young dudes time to grow, room to breath. They are projects. Even if you said a player hits maturity at age 26, them my goodness this is still SIX YEARS FROM NOW!!!

Pippen is a perfect example to bring up. The pick used to draft him was a Knick pick.....

We waived him a year after we made that trade. If watching Jordan destroy us was bad enough. Pippen would cause me to throw up in my mouth for years.

In the relatively complicated transaction for Henderson last season, the Knicks gave up a 1990 second-round draft choice and the better of their two first-round picks, unless they wound up with any of the first three choices in the draft. They drew the fifth selection, and gave it to Seattle, which used it to obtain Scottie Pippin. The Sonics later traded the heralded rookie to the Bulls for Olden Polynice and other considerations.

After helping lead the Celtics to the 1983-84 championship, Henderson was traded to the Sonics for an 1986 first-round draft choice. Last season for the Knicks, Henderson averaged 10.9 points and 6.4 assists a game. In six games this season, two of which he started, Henderson played a total of 69 minutes and had 14 points and 13 assists.

So This is why Nalod is not so cavalier about throwing around picks like Briggs is. We got history.
Gerald Henderson for Pippen. That's some hindsight bad shyt to digest!

fishmike
USA
6/11/2018  3:28 PM
Nalod good stuff.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/11/2018  3:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Yup...everyone seems to forget the ages that players used to come into the league back in the day...

I looked at Pippen's draft...Most in the 1st round were 22/23 when the season started...a few older, and the youngest age drafted was 21, and there were only 2 of them.

Also, coming in Pippen was not as imposing physically as he became later in his career. He was actually kind of scrawny when compared to the athletes of today.

fishmike
USA
6/11/2018  4:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Might he be 6'7 by fall?

Pippen 2.0?

Also, coming in Pippen was not as imposing physically as he became later in his career. He was actually kind of scrawny when compared to the athletes of today.

I like this... If Trae Young gets to be Steph Curry than its only fair Frank gets to be Pip!

I am so bullish on Frank. His ability to defend NBA players is mind blowing. Already the best P&R defender and more than passes the eye test. As he matures he will get more aggressive as he was when he was younger. He defers to vets. Its culture. He's not an AAU player. EU kids wait behind the men.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/12/2018  4:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/12/2018  5:13 PM
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/12/2018  5:24 PM
I was hoping to see Kornet getting some work in. Dotson looks like a rock.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/12/2018  6:24 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I was hoping to see Kornet getting some work in. Dotson looks like a rock.

Will be interesting to see if Kornet has improved his strength, lateral movement & D. Only turns 23 in July. I see him as a nice situational player...especially if he improves his D.

I though the NBA game was going to be too fast for him last year, but it looks like he can handle it. Looking forward to seeing him in SL. Wondering how Fizdale might try to use him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Frank back in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy