Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/31/2018  1:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm a Frank fan too but think we missed our chance on something great. Not a knick on him because he can become great. I think PGs don't fully develop in the NBA until three years, at the earliest. I just think it's foolish to bank on him to be something the way we banked on him last year

What did we miss on?

Donovan?

Oh, my crystal ball along with 13 other teams was missing that!! LOL!!!!!
So because of that, we should guard our emotions and not get too jacked about Frank.
Anyone really think Frank was Rookie of the year material early on? Or some really high ceiling prospect at 19 years old?
Put Donvan on this team and he would be a high volume chucker subject to Mooby like comparisons.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/31/2018  1:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm a Frank fan too but think we missed our chance on something great. Not a knick on him because he can become great. I think PGs don't fully develop in the NBA until three years, at the earliest. I just think it's foolish to bank on him to be something the way we banked on him last year

What did we miss on?

Donovan?

Yeah I just don’t think it’s that simple. Donovan is 21 and couldn’t get drafted as a 19 yr old like Frank. If he was drafted at 19 the same people complaining about Frank would be complaining about a less developed Donovan!!!

Frank is going to be much better next season. He made progress last season and I think his confidence is much higher now. He can focus on his ball skills and body this summer.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/31/2018  2:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What did we miss on?

Donovan?

Yeah I just don’t think it’s that simple. Donovan is 21 and couldn’t get drafted as a 19 yr old like Frank. If he was drafted at 19 the same people complaining about Frank would be complaining about a less developed Donovan!!!

Frank is going to be much better next season. He made progress last season and I think his confidence is much higher now. He can focus on his ball skills and body this summer.

The point is, frank is 19 with at least 4 yrs of growing before he's NBA ready

Last off season, we saw Frank nailing jumpers in a open gym, which base on that video his form and consistency seem to great. Then came the regular season and he totally sucked.

It's easy to say he will be better next season, but if there is a PG better then him available at 9, no brainer. Im not putting franks 3 to 4 yr development in front of winning now.

Hell, Lance thomas is now has the knicks longest tenured player (3) yrs.

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/31/2018  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2018  2:35 PM
Curious to see how Frank comes back. If he is still reluctant to drive, be more of a contributor on offense by the all star break, I dont believe the Knicks have to wait beyond this season to know Frank's ceiling.

Said this last season. Frank has the entire summer, working with trainers on two continents, hopefully some competitive play, then SL, Camp, preseason.

After a few months of the regular season, if Frank is still too passive, then there really isnt a reason to wait 2 more years to decide if he is more than a role player.

Most of the growing pains younger players go through isnt about a lack of agressiveness

nixluva
USA
5/31/2018  5:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What did we miss on?

Donovan?

The point is, frank is 19 with at least 4 yrs of growing before he's NBA ready

Last off season, we saw Frank nailing jumpers in a open gym, which base on that video his form and consistency seem to great. Then came the regular season and he totally sucked.

It's easy to say he will be better next season, but if there is a PG better then him available at 9, no brainer. Im not putting franks 3 to 4 yr development in front of winning now.

Hell, Lance thomas is now has the knicks longest tenured player (3) yrs.

Frank isn't 3-4 years away. He's effective enough on D to be THE BEST PnR Defender in the NBA at 19 with a teenage body! Frank was also the best on the Team playing next to KP. The 2 of them were holding teams to an Offensive Rating of only 96 and a they helped the Knicks to a Net Rating of +6.6. Frank is going to be just fine. I'm not worried about him.

nixluva
USA
5/31/2018  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2018  8:02 PM
Frank looking bigger and working on his skills. He looks good 🏀💪🏾🔥
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/1/2018  1:11 AM
nixluva wrote:Frank looking bigger and working on his skills. He looks good 🏀💪🏾🔥

Wow, looking like a different player already - I do like his character and work ethic- let's hope the hard work pays off over the next few years. Hopefully he'll be playing summer league!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/1/2018  5:54 AM
Love his work ethic but I’ve learned to just not get excited over stuff the players do over the Summer.... including Summer League. I have faith he’ll improve but this is just working out.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/1/2018  7:46 AM
In last year's workout videos, Frank was doing layups. I like how he is able to now dunk everything. It shows that (a) he has learned that in the NBA you dunk whenever you can because it is a higher percentage shot, and (b) it shows that his athleticism has improved to where his is now more comfortable dunking while driving to the rim against a defender.
Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
6/1/2018  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/1/2018  9:22 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Love his work ethic but I’ve learned to just not get excited over stuff the players do over the Summer.... including Summer League. I have faith he’ll improve but this is just working out.

This is MORE than just working out! This kid didn’t have a full summer of work last year. He was still in France at this time last year!!! He’s getting a chance to IMPROVE his skill level. He could barely keep his dribble last year before the draft. Frank needed this kind of focus on his offensive Skills!

GustavBahler

6/1/2018  9:48 AM
With these 3 guard alignments that Fizdale is planning to try, I hope Frank is working hard on shooting off the dribble. Will help speed up the offense.

Hopefully Frank working on his conditioning should help in that dept. If Frank doesnt end up having a first rate dribble drive, being a sharpshooter off the dribble, will help make up for it.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/1/2018  10:21 AM
the day after we drafted him evil posted a link where we could watch his final w/ Strausberg. I saw everything I needed to see then. Frank is going to be one of the best player in his draft. I have not changed my tune. He's going to be a building block player for many years here
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

6/1/2018  10:32 AM
fishmike wrote:the day after we drafted him evil posted a link where we could watch his final w/ Strausberg. I saw everything I needed to see then. Frank is going to be one of the best player in his draft. I have not changed my tune. He's going to be a building block player for many years here

Was is it in Haiku?

fishmike
USA
6/1/2018  10:36 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:the day after we drafted him evil posted a link where we could watch his final w/ Strausberg. I saw everything I needed to see then. Frank is going to be one of the best player in his draft. I have not changed my tune. He's going to be a building block player for many years here

Was is it in Haiku?

evil's an old poster here... doesnt visit the board much these days but some folks around here still chat with him and know who he is.
GustavBahler

6/1/2018  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Was is it in Haiku?

evil's an old poster here... doesnt visit the board much these days but some folks around here still chat with him and know who he is.

I guess you dont remember that part, lol.

fishmike
USA
6/1/2018  11:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Was is it in Haiku?

oh yea.. some language issues or something... kinda. Dont get me sidetracked. Frank's a beast and will be a fav Knick on this board much sooner than later
GustavBahler

6/1/2018  11:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Was is it in Haiku?

oh yea.. some language issues or something... kinda. Dont get me sidetracked. Frank's a beast and will be a fav Knick on this board much sooner than later

I hope so...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/2/2018  12:06 PM

Today's reporting is that the Knicks are adding an extra inch to his height and you can see a little more upper body muscle in the video. Frank is still a babe on the hardwoods.

Some folks are still missing the boat with him. When he develops the confidence which only comes with time and maturity, they are going to be surprised... but patience is always a problem with the fans of teams who continually disappoint.

He thinks he is still growing, too. Expect to see him on Ben Simmons in the future.

...And if folks really want Donovan Mitchell...draft Zhaire Smith, who I see as the next DM. We should probably take Mikal, but Frank and Zhaire would give you the young defensive backcourt from hell.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

6/2/2018  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2018  3:15 PM

I agree with you about Frank. The sky's the limit with him. He's younger than many of the kids who will be drafted this year!
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/2/2018  2:59 PM
Reports are saying he grew an inch againnn
Frank back in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy