[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank back in NY
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/21/2018  9:22 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/frank-ntilikina-ready-to-prove-his-worth-to-new-knicks-coach/

“The French Prince’’ has arrived in New York.

Knicks point guard Frank Ntilikina’s unofficial start to his second NBA season begins Monday when he huddles for the first time with new coach David Fizdale at the team’s Tarrytown facility, according to an NBA source.

Ntilikina, 19, flew in from France on Sunday after spending the past 5 ½ weeks in his homeland. According to an NBA source, Fizdale will conduct his first informal workout with players Monday as the Knicks three young point guards — Ntilikina, Emmanuel Mudiay and Trey Burke — will be on hand.

Also on hand will be Damyean Dotson, their 2017 second-round pick, and Troy Williams, who played for Fizdale in Memphis.

Fizdale texted Ntilikina after getting the job earlier this month, but they have never met. The Knicks coach has said repeatedly establishing “great relationships’’ with his new players is his top goal this summer.

Knicks management didn’t believe the ousted coaching tag team of Jeff Hornacek/Kurt Rambis went the extra mile with their players.

Ntilikina, who lives in Strasbourg, France, has spent the past few weeks concentrating on strength and conditioning, working out a lot at Paris’ premier basketball academy, INSEP. Knicks officials are happy Ntilikina has put on muscle and weight. Management dispatched trainer Anthony Goenaga to France to work with him.

Last spring, Ntilikina didn’t do any pre-draft workouts because of the French League playoffs as he helped guide Strasbourg to the finals. He arrived in New York the day before the draft and only met with Knicks president Phil Jackson, then GM Steve Mills and Hornacek. Immediately after the draft, Ntilkina flew back to France to finish the series.

When he returned, Ntilikina’s sore left knee from the playoff grind prevented him from playing summer league. All those factors, Knicks officials believe, probably affected a rookie year in which he excelled defensively but struggled on the offensive end.

Ntilikina, who turns 20 on July 28, finished his rookie year averaging 5.9 points while shooting 36.4 percent (31.8 percent from 3). At his introductory press conference, Fizdale said he wanted to “get my hands on [Ntilikina] and start working with him and start seeing him with fresh eyes.”

The Knicks haven’t ruled out taking a point guard at No. 9 but it is unlikely unless Trae Young, once touted as the No. 1 pick, falls.

“It would only make sense if you feel that guard is far and away better than what you have on the roster,’’ Perry said in Chicago at the draft combine. “And we haven’t been able to make that determination yet.”

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

5/21/2018  10:12 AM
Frank needs to show serious improvement in the summer league. I'm not expecting a huge improvement from him in the regular season for the Knicks but in SL he needs to look like one of the best players on that SL team IMO. Not worried about his defense but he needs to look comfortable with the ball in his hands unlike how he looked with it last year for the Knicks where almost every time he got the ball around the 3 point line he wouldn't even take a dribble and would just look to pass it off.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/21/2018  10:17 AM
most excited that Mudiay is around - I think he has potential, ala Burke, to really show that he belongs in the league this year.

He is young, has shown flashes of being able to have an impact on the game.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/21/2018  10:20 AM
franco12 wrote:most excited that Mudiay is around - I think he has potential, ala Burke, to really show that he belongs in the league this year.

He is young, has shown flashes of being able to have an impact on the game.

the missed layups and AND-1s are a concern around the basket, that and shooting from outside should be his focus. Driving and strength is already there.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/21/2018  11:01 AM
I need to see him in summer league, I hope fiz uses that reverse psychology to light a fire under his ass
ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/21/2018  11:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I need to see him in summer league, I hope fiz uses that reverse psychology to light a fire under his ass
i dont think a fire needs to be lit under him. The kid works extremely Hard. He was one of the youngest players in the league so there were growing pains which is expected
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/21/2018  11:16 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I need to see him in summer league, I hope fiz uses that reverse psychology to light a fire under his ass
i dont think a fire needs to be lit under him. The kid works extremely Hard. He was one of the youngest players in the league so there were growing pains which is expected
you can see it coming... Frank shows the natural progression a hard working and talented (but too young) player shows in year 2 and 1248 will think its coaching or somehow Mills being away from the team more lol!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/21/2018  12:08 PM
I was encouraged by the Cleveland game toward the end of the regular season. If that was the ONE game you watched, you'd think Frank is oozing with potential.

Glad to see he came back for more training... and plans to take part in summer league. Hopefully he bucks the trend of our top picks getting hobbled/hurt during summer league.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2018  12:33 PM
technomaster wrote:I was encouraged by the Cleveland game toward the end of the regular season. If that was the ONE game you watched, you'd think Frank is oozing with potential.

Glad to see he came back for more training... and plans to take part in summer league. Hopefully he bucks the trend of our top picks getting hobbled/hurt during summer league.

Have to be careful of end of the year performances, but I like how the season progressed for Frank. Biggest question mark was if he could get in the lane and he proved he could. I'm confident the shot will come along. It's not that far off now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
5/21/2018  1:01 PM
As outlined in the article. The kid couldn't train for the draft. Had minimal S&C training n France. Missed Summer league and pre season with an ankle injury.

By the end of the season he added 8 pds of muscle and looked to be getting more comfortable. With continual S&C conditioning and better understanding at what the NBA is about. Expect to see a better player. As his improved S&T, his work ethic, and his IQ all start to come together.

Fizz will probably work hard at raising his confidence which is more likely to be what sparks him then "looking to light a fire".

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/21/2018  1:21 PM
I can't remember reading about players working out with our coach like this in the off season.

Very excited that we have some passion all around.

I don't care what the record is next year if they give 100% effort and show some growth in capabilities and skills.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/21/2018  1:25 PM
Can't believe some people gave up on Frank after one season, especially considering his age. I'm giving him until at least the end of year 3 before I start t evaluate him.
knicks1248
5/21/2018  1:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:Can't believe some people gave up on Frank after one season, especially considering his age. I'm giving him until at least the end of year 3 before I start t evaluate him.

That would be cool if he wasn't a regular rotation player, but when your logging 20 to 25 minutes a night people expect production.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/21/2018  2:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Can't believe some people gave up on Frank after one season, especially considering his age. I'm giving him until at least the end of year 3 before I start t evaluate him.

That would be cool if he wasn't a regular rotation player, but when your logging 20 to 25 minutes a night people expect production.

No they don't, that's just your definition.

A lot of people also take context into the situation when evaluation the player. Playoff team? Then yes. Vet? Yes. Rookie, depends.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
5/21/2018  2:30 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A lot of people Anyone with a brain also take context into the situation when evaluation the player. Playoff team? Then yes. Vet? Yes. Rookie, depends.

fixed
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/21/2018  2:52 PM
His plan should be in this order:

1) shoot from perimeter with confidence. Mechanics are reasonably sound and will improve; he just needs to let it fly more
2) continue to work on his handle
3) attack the rim

this season the game will be that much slower for him -- very excited to see his continued growth

(5)(5)
knicks1248
5/21/2018  3:03 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A lot of people also take context into the situation when evaluation the player. Playoff team? Then yes. Vet? Yes. Rookie, depends.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but what exactly did the knicks accomplish last season, absolutely nothing. Rambis and JH Botched that whole development yr, and that's one of the main reason they're unemployed.

The knicks still don't know what they have in frank, almost every mock draft has us picking tre/sexton/bridges. What does that tell you when 2 point guards on the knicks rader after taking one in last yrs draft.

19 yr olds not name Labron or KG have a longer learning curve, and it's that much tougher when your losing a lot of games.

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/21/2018  3:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2018  3:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I agree with you to a certain extent, but what exactly did the knicks accomplish last season, absolutely nothing. Rambis and JH Botched that whole development yr, and that's one of the main reason they're unemployed.

The knicks still don't know what they have in frank, almost every mock draft has us picking tre/sexton/bridges. What does that tell you when 2 point guards on the knicks rader after taking one in last yrs draft.

19 yr olds not name Labron or KG have a longer learning curve, and it's that much tougher when your losing a lot of games.

labron? lol btw every mock draft also has not been correct for even top 5 ever...forget top 10.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
5/21/2018  4:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why do you assume the year was wasted?

Most young players drafted in the lottery by lottery teams lose a lot early. Kevin Durant lost a lot his first 2-3 yrs which netted him Westbrook and Harden.

Harrison Barnes won a lot throughout his rookie deal. Won himself a championship. How has that translated in terms of success for him in Dallas?

Being in a winning situation may just be hiding a flawed player over developing them.

Development comes from that players dedication to his craft putting in the reps to become more consistent and improve skill as well as in top flight condition.

fishmike
USA
5/21/2018  4:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why do you assume the year was wasted?

Most young players drafted in the lottery by lottery teams lose a lot early. Kevin Durant lost a lot his first 2-3 yrs which netted him Westbrook and Harden.

Harrison Barnes won a lot throughout his rookie deal. Won himself a championship. How has that translated in terms of success for him in Dallas?

Being in a winning situation may just be hiding a flawed player over developing them.

Development comes from that players dedication to his craft putting in the reps to become more consistent and improve skill as well as in top flight condition.

So cute seeing people approach knicks1248 with logic, reason and precedent.
Frank back in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy