[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insider Article: NBA Draft Combine Measurements: Big Winners and Comps from New Measurements (Content Not for Meloshouldgo)
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/21/2018  4:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
• Trae Young ranks among the bottom 10 percent of players ever measured at the combine in height, wingspan and weight, measuring 6-1¾ in shoes with a 6-3 wingspan and a 178-pound frame. That didn't hold Young back from putting together the best first half of a season of perhaps any player in modern NCAA history, and his dimensions are on par with a few successful NBA guards such as Kemba Walker and Chris Paul at the same stage.

I really think he's going to get exposed at the next level... the lack of size, plus the fact that he was a turnover factory... that said, I won't necessarily guarantee it because he did have some incredible production

the short arms should remind all of Jimmer Freddette (sp?). No amount of enthusiasm will compensate for the small stature and wingspan

anyone buying (at best) is getting pure offense and a defensive liability of the highest order.

Been saying this since Briggs was busting nuts over him last fall. I want no part... zilch. Zero.

I would trade a top 5 protected future #1 if I could move up to get Bamba though. Put he, KP and Frank together as a future core and you can ruin other team's ability to score.

can Bamba guard away from the rim? If not wouldn't you be worried about his utility when other team plays small ball pulling him away from basket (especially if we can't use him to punish opponent at the other end -- something that always infuriated me, i.e., when we have the size advantage but don't exploit that advantage)

sorry to be quoting my own post, but by way of example, Capella can switch off on just about anyone and guard and/or deny at the perimeter. I'd be wary of adding another paint protector if they can't address small ball too

there isnt a lot of footage... but from what I have seen yes. And the crusher with having a guy like KP paired with Bomba is you draw out one rim protector.. drawing out 2 is another story.

KP is good guarding on perimeter when he commits. His problems start when he sags so he can help and gets caught out of position. That will improve with time but having another shot blocker who can also guard 4s and 5s? Night mare. I might even prefer JAckson in that role over Bamba... I dont have enough data to favor one over the other.. I would say work em out and go from there. Not sure both are there at 4... I think one could go top 3 for sure.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2018  4:54 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
• Trae Young ranks among the bottom 10 percent of players ever measured at the combine in height, wingspan and weight, measuring 6-1¾ in shoes with a 6-3 wingspan and a 178-pound frame. That didn't hold Young back from putting together the best first half of a season of perhaps any player in modern NCAA history, and his dimensions are on par with a few successful NBA guards such as Kemba Walker and Chris Paul at the same stage.

I really think he's going to get exposed at the next level... the lack of size, plus the fact that he was a turnover factory... that said, I won't necessarily guarantee it because he did have some incredible production

the short arms should remind all of Jimmer Freddette (sp?). No amount of enthusiasm will compensate for the small stature and wingspan

anyone buying (at best) is getting pure offense and a defensive liability of the highest order.

His wingspan looks to be about the same as Step Curry's. Chris Jackson didn't appear to have the longest arms either. Jimmer's biggest problem was inability to transition as a playmaker with less usage. Defense will obviously be an issue, especially at the beginning. As I've stated earlier, I'm not really thrilled with any of the PG's in this year's class as lottery talents. But I'm not working them out either.

That is essentially the problem. He is going to HAVE to be Steph Curry or Steve Nash level of production and efficiency to make up for his short comings. That's a lot to ask of a player. And odds are he wont be able to live up to those standards. It's possible he can and does. But playing the odds....

this is my concern too. You'd be buying all offense and hope he can deliver at an elite level.

Yeah, same concerns I have. The only reason I rank him ahead of Sexton is that he has the potential to be elite at one thing. Sexton....let's say he maxes out his potential, he's still an average, slightly above average point guard? Maybe in the bottom third. I saw someone make a Jeff teague comparison and I think that's the best possible outcome. The one thing he excels, athleticism is good. But I wouldn't call him elite

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/21/2018  5:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

His wingspan looks to be about the same as Step Curry's. Chris Jackson didn't appear to have the longest arms either. Jimmer's biggest problem was inability to transition as a playmaker with less usage. Defense will obviously be an issue, especially at the beginning. As I've stated earlier, I'm not really thrilled with any of the PG's in this year's class as lottery talents. But I'm not working them out either.

That is essentially the problem. He is going to HAVE to be Steph Curry or Steve Nash level of production and efficiency to make up for his short comings. That's a lot to ask of a player. And odds are he wont be able to live up to those standards. It's possible he can and does. But playing the odds....

this is my concern too. You'd be buying all offense and hope he can deliver at an elite level.

Yeah, same concerns I have. The only reason I rank him ahead of Sexton is that he has the potential to be elite at one thing. Sexton....let's say he maxes out his potential, he's still an average, slightly above average point guard? Maybe in the bottom third. I saw someone make a Jeff teague comparison and I think that's the best possible outcome. The one thing he excels, athleticism is good. But I wouldn't call him elite

The main thing that stands out about Sexton is his alpha male type personality. That can carry him to greater heights as a player. It could also bury him. Cavs could be a good situation for him. They need a competitive fiery dude like him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/22/2018  12:53 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I wish I felt better about our FO's eye for talent. We could end up with a better version of Trey Burke or a worse version of Mudiay -- neither would surprise me at this point. On the other hand I'm confident someone like SA will get real talent in their slot

(5)(5)
Insider Article: NBA Draft Combine Measurements: Big Winners and Comps from New Measurements (Content Not for Meloshouldgo)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy