[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Take Parsons... see if you can get pick #4
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2018  2:30 PM
Parsons expires when Lee/Lance/Noah does. So cap wise it doest hurt Knicks long term.

Send them Hardaway, Muday and pick #9 for Parsons and pick #4

We take a crap player back. Memp gets a pick and couple young guards.

Rumor on the street Memphis will trade out after whiffing on a top 2 pick.

Knicks can take Jackson, Bomba or Carter and have that long guy next to KP

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
5/18/2018  2:43 PM
not bad and may as well. i have no use for hardaway.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2018  2:44 PM
I think Memphis would rather keep Parsons and the roster spots. It's worth a try, but junk for junk doesn't seem like an incentive to trade down.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/18/2018  3:51 PM
I think that's a good move for Memphis. I would ask for a little more for the Knicks. Parsons is cooked while Thjr will be productive. They only move down 5 spots. And shed some immediate salary.

Maybe ask for their 2nd rounder or a 2nd rd pick swap.

But Knicks also may find a taker that would take Thjr and 9 for an expiring while we move up. Like say Matthews from Dallas.

Maybe package Thjr to Clippers in a trade down for Gallo 12 & 13.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

5/18/2018  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  4:25 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I think that's a good move for Memphis. I would ask for a little more for the Knicks. Parsons is cooked while Thjr will be productive. They only move down 5 spots. And shed some immediate salary.

Maybe ask for their 2nd rounder or a 2nd rd pick swap.

But Knicks also may find a taker that would take Thjr and 9 for an expiring while we move up. Like say Matthews from Dallas.

Maybe package Thjr to Clippers in a trade down for Gallo 12 & 13.

THJ and his salary wouldn't entice me to move out of the top 5. They still have Tyreke Evans, so THJ doesn't really offer them a lot. They're probably better off picking 4 and letting Parsons expire.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
5/18/2018  4:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I think Memphis would rather keep Parsons and the roster spots. It's worth a try, but junk for junk doesn't seem like an incentive to trade down.
THjr isnt junk. He's a 26 year old putting 17/4/3 and trending up. Mudiay is a throw in, but could certainly play backup PG. Parsons gives them nothing. THJ gives them a good young guard. I didnt say great, but THJ is most certainly not garbage.

On a side note I am not looking to move THJ. I bet he's even better next year when his shooting improves and it will

BigDaddyG

5/18/2018  4:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I think Memphis would rather keep Parsons and the roster spots. It's worth a try, but junk for junk doesn't seem like an incentive to trade down.
THjr isnt junk. He's a 26 year old putting 17/4/3 and trending up. Mudiay is a throw in, but could certainly play backup PG. Parsons gives them nothing. THJ gives them a good young guard. I didnt say great, but THJ is most certainly not garbage.

On a side note I am not looking to move THJ. I bet he's even better next year when his shooting improves and it will

Junk in this case, means salary for a player who doesn't fill a position of great need for them. He probably comes off the bench for them, and Memphis is probably one of the last teams who should be splurging on a sixth man.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2018  4:30 PM
This is an interesting concept. I would not throw in Mudiay as he might be "fixable".
I do think we undervalue THjr because of Mills. This is a kid who put up 48 pts and the knicks became a mess. Timmy does not know how to be a first option and forces too much.
He is paid a fair wage but I understand knick fans won't see that.
This only makes sense if we have a strong resolve on a certain player. Is parsons that cooked?
BigDaddyG

5/18/2018  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:This is an interesting concept. I would not throw in Mudiay as he might be "fixable".
I do think we undervalue THjr because of Mills. This is a kid who put up 48 pts and the knicks became a mess. Timmy does not know how to be a first option and forces too much.
This only makes sense if we have a strong resolve on a certain player. Is parsons that cooked?

It:s hard to tell, because he's rarely on the court. I can say he is a gigantic injury risk.
Nalod
USA
5/18/2018  4:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:This is an interesting concept. I would not throw in Mudiay as he might be "fixable".

It:s hard to tell, because he's rarely on the court. I can say he is a gigantic injury risk.

That is what we take off their hands for the move up.

newyorknewyork
5/18/2018  4:48 PM

There is multiple layers in moving Thjr in this deal.

Frees up guard mins rather than having a glut. Lee/Frank/Dotson can hold the fort down since we wont be winning any time soon anyway. If it breaks right then more development mins for Frank ad a utility 1-3. With Dotson being groomed to replace Lee. Thjrs salary now can be used for other needs.

Frees round 18?mil more in salary for 2020 free agency.
Moves up to a top 4 picks giving is our choice of Porter, Jackson, Bamba maybe even get Begley if Porter rises.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/18/2018  4:49 PM
fishmike wrote:Parsons expires when Lee/Lance/Noah does. So cap wise it doest hurt Knicks long term.

Send them Hardaway, Muday and pick #9 for Parsons and pick #4

We take a crap player back. Memp gets a pick and couple young guards.

Rumor on the street Memphis will trade out after whiffing on a top 2 pick.

Knicks can take Jackson, Bomba or Carter and have that long guy next to KP

I think Porter will be there as well. I think you would have to consider him at 4. He could be the best player in the draft. If there is a chance to get 4 the Knicks need to be creative and try to move up. Also, Phoenix has said that #1 is in play. I think they would only want to move back a spot or two in hopes of getting Doncic.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
5/18/2018  4:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

There is multiple layers in moving Thjr in this deal.

Frees up guard mins rather than having a glut. Lee/Frank/Dotson can hold the fort down since we wont be winning any time soon anyway. If it breaks right then more development mins for Frank ad a utility 1-3. With Dotson being groomed to replace Lee. Thjrs salary now can be used for other needs.

Frees round 18?mil more in salary for 2020 free agency.
Moves up to a top 4 picks giving is our choice of Porter, Jackson, Bamba maybe even get Begley if Porter rises.

I know the names and the attraction.
Anyone can mess up the 4th pick and one of those Four is statistically going to not do well. It just happens. I don't know which one, but its just what happens.
At the same time somebody might be amazing. You do this when you see something others are missing. Maybe Gaines has a different take. maybe there is no such player worth trading up for.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/18/2018  4:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  5:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Junk in this case, means salary for a player who doesn't fill a position of great need for them. He probably comes off the bench for them, and Memphis is probably one of the last teams who should be splurging on a sixth man.

he's junk... at that price, you would want your SG to shoot better that 42.1% from the field, and waaaaaay better than 31.7% from three

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
5/18/2018  4:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Who is starting over THJ on that team? Even if they resign Tyreke they could play them together... I dont see many guys on that roster better than THJ
newyorknewyork
5/18/2018  5:28 PM
Memphis would be trading Porter or Jackson and Parson combo for Thjr and one of the Bridges essentially. I could see Miles being a perfect fit.
BigDaddyG

5/18/2018  5:39 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Who is starting over THJ on that team? Even if they resign Tyreke they could play them together... I dont see many guys on that roster better than THJ

Conley, Evans and THJ would not be an ideal perimeter trio. Adding THJ 's salary with Conley and Gasol leaves little wiggle room. Is that team even an 8th seed? Maybe THJ makes sense if Evans leaves. But they won't know that until after the draft.
BigDaddyG

5/18/2018  5:41 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Memphis would be trading Porter or Jackson and Parson combo for Thjr and one of the Bridges essentially. I could see Miles being a perfect fit.

I'd rather have Jackson at smaller salary than THJ and one of the Bridges.

reub
Member: #6227

5/18/2018  5:59 PM

You wouldn't throw in the worst PG in the league? Maybe one of the worst in history?
newyorknewyork
5/18/2018  6:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Conley, Evans and THJ would not be an ideal perimeter trio. Adding THJ 's salary with Conley and Gasol leaves little wiggle room. Is that team even an 8th seed? Maybe THJ makes sense if Evans leaves. But they won't know that until after the draft.

Knicks would be taking back Parsons contract which he is set to make around 24mil. While Thjr will make 17. They will def have more wiggle room with Thjr han Parsons. 2 yrs down the road when Parsons comes off the books Thjr would ha e 1 yr left while in his prime.

Take Parsons... see if you can get pick #4

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy