[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Givony's after the lottery mock draft
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/19/2018  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2018  12:04 PM
Watched some clips of Sexton and Porter jr. Im not sure of the severity of Porter's back issues. but I wouldnt be surprised if execs just hearing the phrase will drop Porter jr. to 9.

Ive seen Sexton compared to Mitchell, agree there are similarities. Cavs need a PG of the future, and Sexton would probably be more of an incentive for LeBron to stay, than another forward. Not to mention, the memory of Mitchell's playoff performance is still fresh in people's minds.

I liked what I saw from both, although any back issues an athlete goes through at any age gives me pause as a fan. If Porter were picked, KP would have one scary wingman. Of the two I prefer Sexton. An eventual backcourt of Sexton, Frank would be a big step forward.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/19/2018  12:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Watched some clips of Sexton and Porter jr. Im not sure of the severity of Porter's back issues. but I wouldnt be surprised if execs just hearing the phrase will drop Porter jr. to 9.

Ive seen Sexton compared to Mitchell, agree there are similarities. Cavs need a PG of the future, and Sexton would probably be more of an incentive for LeBron to stay, than another forward. Not to mention, the memory of Mitchell's playoff performance is still fresh in people's minds.

I liked what I saw from both, although any back issues an athlete goes through at any age gives me pause as a fan. If Porter were picked, KP would have one scary wingman. Of the two I prefer Sexton. An eventual backcourt of Sexton, Frank would be a big step forward.

I see some similarities with Donovan Mitchell, but Mitchell is longer, stronger and a better athlete. The real question is how good of an athlete you think Sexton is. His decision making needs work and he's not really an off the ball player now. How will those moves he made in college trandslate against athlete's as good, or better? I agree with you about the Porter's back. I thought he was sure top 5 guy coming in, but he really hasn't looked as good. Even before the injury. Can he play 3. If he cant, then he loses a lot of what made him special. His handle looks suspiscious and he's not really a facilitator.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/20/2018  8:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Watched some clips of Sexton and Porter jr. Im not sure of the severity of Porter's back issues. but I wouldnt be surprised if execs just hearing the phrase will drop Porter jr. to 9.

I see some similarities with Donovan Mitchell, but Mitchell is longer, stronger and a better athlete. The real question is how good of an athlete you think Sexton is. His decision making needs work and he's not really an off the ball player now. How will those moves he made in college trandslate against athlete's as good, or better? I agree with you about the Porter's back. I thought he was sure top 5 guy coming in, but he really hasn't looked as good. Even before the injury. Can he play 3. If he cant, then he loses a lot of what made him special. His handle looks suspiscious and he's not really a facilitator.

I will take your word about how Porter jr. looked post surgery. His back is why I would take Sexton, and we need backcourt help. Maybe Sexton is projected at 9 because his decision making isnt that of a top 3 player?

Cant expect a close to finished product in this range. As far as his moves translating, Ive seen them most recently done by Oladipo. His cutting at sharp angles, is reminiscent of Iverson (just reminiscent) As long as Sexton has that burst of speed, he should be a threat.

Is there a player you prefer?

BigDaddyG

5/21/2018  3:09 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I will take your word about how Porter jr. looked post surgery. His back is why I would take Sexton, and we need backcourt help. Maybe Sexton is projected at 9 because his decision making isnt that of a top 3 player?

Cant expect a close to finished product in this range. As far as his moves translating, Ive seen them most recently done by Oladipo. His cutting at sharp angles, is reminiscent of Iverson (just reminiscent) As long as Sexton has that burst of speed, he should be a threat.

I like Jackson, Bamba, Carter, Mikal and Miles in that order. I might lean Young over Sexton as of now. Sexton has more flaws to work on from a skills standpoint. How many guys his height get by on athleticism. Rose and Westbrook? Those are outliers. Sexton is a good athlete, but those guys were freaks. To be honest, this might be the year to trade down.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/21/2018  3:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I like Jackson, Bamba, Carter, Mikal and Miles in that order. I might lean Young over Sexton as of now. Sexton has more flaws to work on from a skills standpoint. How many guys his height get by on athleticism. Rose and Westbrook? Those are outliers. Sexton is a good athlete, but those guys were freaks. To be honest, this might be the year to trade down.
no I think its a a year to trade up. If you can get Memphis to bite and move up I would spend to get there. I would give a future protected #1 or more valuable to Memphis I would send them THJ for Parsons. Pick 4 you can get franchise talent and will have a shot at Jackson or Bomba. My goal would be to take one of those guys and starting building my team around a defensive unit of KP/Frank/Jackson or Bomba
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/21/2018  3:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

no I think its a a year to trade up. If you can get Memphis to bite and move up I would spend to get there. I would give a future protected #1 or more valuable to Memphis I would send them THJ for Parsons. Pick 4 you can get franchise talent and will have a shot at Jackson or Bomba. My goal would be to take one of those guys and starting building my team around a defensive unit of KP/Frank/Jackson or Bomba

since when did ANY trade involving THJr become worth #4 overall pick.
come on now. you know they're going to get a lot better offers from some teams.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Mike1989
Member: #8627

5/21/2018  3:37 PM
My main two concerns with Sexton are:

1. Will he emerge as a consistent shooter? Currently he's a work in progress and considering our other guard is a work in progress, I think it is problematic to pair two players that aren't shooters together in the back court. If Sexton and/or Ntilikina develop into shooters that is great news, but if they don't we would be relying on their defensive contributions, their ability to knock down shots closer to the basket and score at the rim.

2. Will he emerge as a premier passer? I don't see it. The player he reminds me of is Brandon Jennings. We could do worse than add a player with that ability because early in his career he was pretty good, but he was never really a premier passer, he was acceptable. He was also a chucker. On his night he could put up good numbers, but on his off nights he could cost his team games.

Maybe Sexton will be the next Donovan Mitchell. Sexton does offer a lot of promise with his drive, athleticism and quickness. His style could translate pretty well but ideally he would fit next to a shooting guard that can actually knock shots down at a good rate. Currently Ntilikina doesn't do that. Sexton doesn't either. So it's a risky pairing if neither emerge as shooters.

fishmike
USA
5/21/2018  3:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

they would get pick 9. They trade down and swap Parsons for a good player... which is what they have been targeting.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/21/2018  3:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2018  4:00 PM
I had the chance to witness Sexton live in HS a couple of times...He's athletic and strong but not quite on the level as Mitchell. Sexton actually reminds me of a Daaron Fox type lead guard...He's more of a scorer than a pure pg, but nowadays who is? Also, has questionable shot selection that will make you want to pull your hair out at times, but he's super aggressive. The moment is never too big for him as he plays well in clutch moments. Wont be mad if we end up with him...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2018  10:55 AM
Uptown wrote:I had the chance to witness Sexton live in HS a couple of times...He's athletic and strong but not quite on the level as Mitchell. Sexton actually reminds me of a Daaron Fox type lead guard...He's more of a scorer than a pure pg, but nowadays who is? Also, has questionable shot selection that will make you want to pull your hair out at times, but he's super aggressive. The moment is never too big for him as he plays well in clutch moments. Wont be mad if we end up with him...

We have Mudiay for that role!
I know we all want the next "Donovan Mitchell" or Trae to be the next "Steph Curry".

The Memphis "deal" proposed makes sense because Memphis had Gasol and Conley and should be thinking "Win now".
One of the Bridges could start for them and they might see THjr very good next to conley. They get two starters they can plug in.
If the don't see it, then its not a good deal for them. If they see Parsons as able to get healthy, then they don't want to do it.
Conley is in his prime and Gasol on the tail end of his.

MS
Member: #724
5/22/2018  11:57 AM
Don't love short guards going forward. Trae Young, god forbid we draft him is barely 6'1 and weighs 170 pounds, that's not going to translate well.

If we can't get KP healthy this team is doomed for the future so I don't think it's the smart move to take smaller players that are volume scorers. Bridges isn't going to be a star, but he's going to work hard on defense, be a good teammate and shoot the three effectively. Putting together a lock down defensive team with rookie level contracts is important to cover up a player like Hardaway and Burke defensively. We need to build up our guys so they are tradeable.

BigDaddyG

5/22/2018  12:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
Uptown wrote:I had the chance to witness Sexton live in HS a couple of times...He's athletic and strong but not quite on the level as Mitchell. Sexton actually reminds me of a Daaron Fox type lead guard...He's more of a scorer than a pure pg, but nowadays who is? Also, has questionable shot selection that will make you want to pull your hair out at times, but he's super aggressive. The moment is never too big for him as he plays well in clutch moments. Wont be mad if we end up with him...

We have Mudiay for that role!
I know we all want the next "Donovan Mitchell" or Trae to be the next "Steph Curry".

The Memphis "deal" proposed makes sense because Memphis had Gasol and Conley and should be thinking "Win now".
One of the Bridges could start for them and they might see THjr very good next to conley. They get two starters they can plug in.
If the don't see it, then its not a good deal for them. If they see Parsons as able to get healthy, then they don't want to do it.
Conley is in his prime and Gasol on the tail end of his.

Does THJ guarantee they win now? Maybe the 8th playoff spot. They might be looking at signing Evans for Lou Williams money, which would be better value that THJ. They are also at a crossroads and need an infusion of new, young talent. Plus, you think of what Philadelphia gave just to move two spots last year, we'd probably have to give Frank or a future lottery pick in addition to #9. I'm not against trading THJ. I just don't think THJ and #9 gets the deal done.
Cartman718

5/22/2018  4:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

they would get pick 9. They trade down and swap Parsons for a good player... which is what they have been targeting.

so they take on salary for a guy who has only shown limited effort on D, inconsistency on O AND get a lower pick. brilliant. where do they sign up?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
5/22/2018  5:43 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

so they take on salary for a guy who has only shown limited effort on D, inconsistency on O AND get a lower pick. brilliant. where do they sign up?

Hardway isnt trash. He's good. I am not looking to move him either, I am one of the few here who sees his value and his contract is fine. Memphis gets a good young guard on a market deal. THJ is 26. Parsons is terrible. If bouncing back with Gasol/Connely for another go, and they kinda have too, THJ helps them. We have seen here he's an excellent 3rd option, good ball mover does a lot of other good things that show up in the start sheet. He's more than just a chucker. If Memphis wants more phuck em. I dont feel tremendous pressure here. I think we get a good player at #9. I would be willing to give something to move up.
Cartman718

5/23/2018  11:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Hardway isnt trash. He's good. I am not looking to move him either, I am one of the few here who sees his value and his contract is fine. Memphis gets a good young guard on a market deal. THJ is 26. Parsons is terrible. If bouncing back with Gasol/Connely for another go, and they kinda have too, THJ helps them. We have seen here he's an excellent 3rd option, good ball mover does a lot of other good things that show up in the start sheet. He's more than just a chucker. If Memphis wants more phuck em. I dont feel tremendous pressure here. I think we get a good player at #9. I would be willing to give something to move up.

except top 4-5 in this draft could have immediate franchise impact and at #9, you are drafting a project.
Givony's after the lottery mock draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy