How about KP and pick 37 to Atlanta
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/17/2018  8:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:It’s ok to have an opinion that KP might not all that, but how does ATL even think to trade for a guy that might not play this year unless he is being given away?
Briggs, even you must recognize your pathetic impulsive posts are illogically based on the emotion you have at the moment.

Atl would consider the deal because they realize how hard it is to get young talent with franchise player potential. Players like KP don't go on the market for good reason. Like I said I'm glad our front office doesn't seem to be that dumb. He's going to be out so need to use that time to build the right way.

ATL might draft a franchise talent at the 3.
KP is out with a torn ACL. Is there any precedent for that kind of trade?
ATL would not consider it and it has nothing to do with the trade, its just plain ignorant concept from a poster who just threw it out there. Not a beat reporter who is knowledgeable or even a blogger who poses to be one.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2018  9:06 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:It’s ok to have an opinion that KP might not all that, but how does ATL even think to trade for a guy that might not play this year unless he is being given away?
Briggs, even you must recognize your pathetic impulsive posts are illogically based on the emotion you have at the moment.

Atl would consider the deal because they realize how hard it is to get young talent with franchise player potential. Players like KP don't go on the market for good reason. Like I said I'm glad our front office doesn't seem to be that dumb. He's going to be out so need to use that time to build the right way.

ATL would not consider it and it has nothing to do with the trade, its just plain ignorant concept from a poster who just threw it out there. Not a beat reporter who is knowledgeable or even a blogger who poses to be one.

ATL might draft a franchise talent at 3, but odds are against it no matter where a team selects. There are teams in the lottery every year (Sac, Phoenix, Orlando, Charlotte etc) looking for a franchise talent and can't find it. Proven talent at age 22, injured or not, is among the most valuable commodities in the league.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/17/2018  9:09 AM
BRIGGS wrote:for pick 3 Dennis Schroeder and Taurean Prince--take Bagley

I think I would do this trade.

And the reason you do this, to me, is that KP is due a max type deal very soon, and honestly, we have NO IDEA if he is a franchise talent.

He might be. For ten games last year, he showed it. And then he got tired, banged up and hurt.

Schroeder, Prince & #3 would be an amazing haul for KP.

If our FO made that trade, would any of you change your minds about the merit of the deal? Seems the overwhelming sentiment is Briggs is crazy.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/17/2018  9:31 AM
why are some of you oppose to trading KP if the trade can make the team better quicker. I'm not saying this particular trade proposal will, but some you cringe at the thought.

you act like will get fleeced for sure.

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/17/2018  9:45 AM
this is a Stupid, Stupid, Stupid idea.

C'mon use your eyes and common sense. KP has a good chance to be in the next wave of generational talent along with guys like Giannis and Embiid and Simmons, the way Curry, Durant and Harden are now.

We need the right system/coach for him, and more pieces, not a reboot. We also need patience. Think how good Curry and Harden are and how long they needed to wait to be the Man on championship contending teams, and the complimentary pieces they needed to accumulate as well

(5)(5)
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/17/2018  9:50 AM
ATL is not planning on winning anytime soon so they could look at it similar to Philly having to wait a year or two on Embiid or Simmons. I'm not saying I support his logic, but I don't think KP's injury automatically scares off ATL if they think he is clearly the best talent in that deal. They know what KP can do when healthy. Every rookie in this draft is a question mark. So it's really a risk either way. There aren't any can't miss, Shaq-like players in this draft.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/17/2018  10:00 AM
Schroeder demanded a trade because he wants to win... how do you think it'll play out here?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
5/17/2018  10:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

ATL might draft a franchise talent at 3, but odds are against it no matter where a team selects. There are teams in the lottery every year (Sac, Phoenix, Orlando, Charlotte etc) looking for a franchise talent and can't find it. Proven talent at age 22, injured or not, is among the most valuable commodities in the league.

Ok, but then we give up our "franchise talent" and go into the pool with the other teams like you mentioned who are habitually in the lottery and can't get one?
Not that I can validate that is a fair trade or not but KP won't be 100% for the next full season so why would ATL do that?

Nalod
USA
5/17/2018  10:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:why are some of you oppose to trading KP if the trade can make the team better quicker. I'm not saying this particular trade proposal will, but some you cringe at the thought.

You act like the return on the trade is a bonafide success. Point fingers but you offer no valid trade scenario that makes us better, only a concept because your insecure that KP will craw out of the bathroom window like a date that ditches you.
At this moment KP is damaged goods who is coming up to his Restricted year.
Its not a great scenario at the moment but that's reality.
I don't care about ATL. They will do what they do.

Nalod
USA
5/17/2018  10:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Schroeder demanded a trade because he wants to win... how do you think it'll play out here?

Schroeder wants to get paid. Saying you want to win never hurts your brand.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2018  10:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
doomed wrote:When did you lose your mind ?

In the NBA you need players to play to win. I just have lost confidence in the future of KP. I wish that was not the case.

Id rather build a faster deeper team--Shroeder Bagley and Prince would be a haul--I dont expect people to understand the mentality--KP is the end all

Because the mentality is bat **** crazy. A day ago it was "hopeless." Now its trade one of the NBA's best young talents for spare parts. You cant last a week without a total 180.

You have told us we need to max out Kanter.
You have told us Willy is better than KP
You have told us Hasheem Thabeet would make any NBA team a 50 win program.
You ripped me personally for not agreeing Darren Collison was the league's best defensive guard.
You said no more skinny guys with ectomorphic body types. Then you said draft Trea Young.
Those are just some of my personal favorites.
We can literally do this all day.
Nobody understands your mentality dude... but its always an interesting exercise to try

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander

5/17/2018  10:55 AM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Schroeder demanded a trade because he wants to win... how do you think it'll play out here?

if all he wants is to get paid, then he would've just shut up, play ball, and pad his stats. I tend to believe him on this one

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/17/2018  10:55 AM

Why would we add a headcase like Schroeder to our team when we're trying to change the culture? He's not a good shooter either or a good defender. I like T.Prince though. I'm guessing you would have us taking Bagley because you'd be expecting both Ayton and Doncic going 1 and 2 and if that was the case i'd probably go with JJJ or Bamba over Bagley but i wouldn't do that trade anyway especially if it had us bringing in Schroeder to be our starting PG.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/17/2018  10:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2018  10:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:why are some of you oppose to trading KP if the trade can make the team better quicker. I'm not saying this particular trade proposal will, but some you cringe at the thought.

You act like the return on the trade is a bonafide success. Point fingers but you offer no valid trade scenario that makes us better, only a concept because your insecure that KP will craw out of the bathroom window like a date that ditches you.

There a million and 1 proposals you can come up with, it would be stupid to sit here and list them all. Besides, I'm not saying the knicks should look to trade him, im saying they should listen if it makes sense.
but they don't pay attn like

Shumpert, who averaged 9.5 points per game as a rookie last season, then tore his left ACL in the first game of the playoffs, has been working his game back into shape, averaging 5.6 points per game this season. Shumpert returned to game action on Jan. 17.

The Suns were willing to part with forward Jared Dudley and a future first-round draft pick, but that deal wasn’t piquing the Knicks’ interest—especially when the Knicks believe in Shumpert’s talent, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A yr later GM Steve mills and president phil jackson traded him for a lowly 2nd rnd pick.

that pick would have been the 2015 draft #13 DEVIN BOOKER, the same yr they drafted kp...

Scared money don't make money

ES
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/17/2018  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
doomed wrote:When did you lose your mind ?

In the NBA you need players to play to win. I just have lost confidence in the future of KP. I wish that was not the case.

Id rather build a faster deeper team--Shroeder Bagley and Prince would be a haul--I dont expect people to understand the mentality--KP is the end all

Because your opinion is a universal determinent? I had no idea! KP's doomed! Let's move him for a higher pick in a ONE PLAYER DRAFT.

That aside, teams who behave irrationally, will almost always get worse.

Youre wrong. Dennis schroeder Prince and Bagley is more than KP. KP has NO chance of withstanding 100 NBA games.
It would never happen because Atlanta would NOT do this trade. It would NOT surprise me if Bagley alone is better than KP.

Is this like when you said Willy was gonna be a better player than KP?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/17/2018  11:11 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

if all he wants is to get paid, then he would've just shut up, play ball, and pad his stats. I tend to believe him on this one

Schroeder has 3 more years at $15.5M each left on contract.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/17/2018  11:12 AM
franco12 wrote:

I think I would do this trade.

And the reason you do this, to me, is that KP is due a max type deal very soon, and honestly, we have NO IDEA if he is a franchise talent.

He might be. For ten games last year, he showed it. And then he got tired, banged up and hurt.

Schroeder, Prince & #3 would be an amazing haul for KP.

If our FO made that trade, would any of you change your minds about the merit of the deal? Seems the overwhelming sentiment is Briggs is crazy.

75% of those who answered negatively havent even seen Prince play once or know who he is. He was one of the hottest wings in the nBA down the stretch. No way in hellllll Atl would do that deal. Listen KP is the next Dork and thats that! well atleast 31 times a year

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander

5/17/2018  11:33 AM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Schroeder has 3 more years at $15.5M each left on contract.

well, then there's that

Nalod
USA
5/17/2018  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

There a million and 1 proposals you can come up with, it would be stupid to sit here and list them all. Besides, I'm not saying the knicks should look to trade him, im saying they should listen if it makes sense.
but they don't pay attn like

Shumpert, who averaged 9.5 points per game as a rookie last season, then tore his left ACL in the first game of the playoffs, has been working his game back into shape, averaging 5.6 points per game this season. Shumpert returned to game action on Jan. 17.

The Suns were willing to part with forward Jared Dudley and a future first-round draft pick, but that deal wasn’t piquing the Knicks’ interest—especially when the Knicks believe in Shumpert’s talent, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A yr later GM Steve mills and president phil jackson traded him for a lowly 2nd rnd pick.

that pick would have been the 2015 draft #13 DEVIN BOOKER, the same yr they drafted kp...

Scared money don't make money

When was the trade proposal actually made?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2018  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2018  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Ok, but then we give up our "franchise talent" and go into the pool with the other teams like you mentioned who are habitually in the lottery and can't get one?
Not that I can validate that is a fair trade or not but KP won't be 100% for the next full season so why would ATL do that?

Because Atl is prepared to be bad again next year and do a full rebuild. They can have another chance at a top pick plus KP returning as a potential franchise player still in the early stage of his career. Same reason we should never do anything like this. But it will never happen so doesn't matter. We are in a good place to add talent through the draft and return a healthy KP who will continue to get better.

How about KP and pick 37 to Atlanta

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy