[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For those who want Kanter gone....
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/17/2018  12:51 PM
anrst wrote:warriors lost game 2 b/c draymond didn't push harden b/c draymond was scared that kanter was rooting for the rockets

nope because draymond is "too slow on the flop"

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/17/2018  2:56 PM
It’s one thing for a player to claim that they would like to re-sign with the team they’ve grown to appreciate. That can change as soon as a new offer comes in that exceeds the pay or playing time provided by the incumbent franchise.

It’s an entirely different thing, however, when a pending free agent speaks with the following tone. Per an interview with Desus & Mero:

“[The lottery] was cool. The numbers said we was going to get the ninth pick, so you expect that.”

The use of the word, “We,” and the vested interest in where the Knicks ended up in the Lottery certainly sounds like O’Quinn is committed to playing for the Knicks.

When asked for his expectations for the 2018-19 season, O’Quinn further fueled the speculation:

“It’ll be a good season. We got the new good coach…[David Fizdale is] well respected by guys that have done some things in the league. LeBron, Dwyane Wade, stuff like that; what he did down in Miami.”

O’Quinn continued:

“It’s just new energy in The Garden. New energy in the locker room, the facility; I think that’ll help guys bring their A-game every day. Try to earn somebody’s respect. When you get in the workplace, you want to earn your peers’ respect. I think that [David Fizdale is] doing it and we have to do the same.”

There’s the, “We,” again.

Furthermore, O’Quinn was one of the players who appeared at the introductory press conference for David Fizdale. Perhaps he was supporting Fizdale personally, but it’s fair to presume that he was there to welcome the Knicks’ new head coach on a professional level.

One is inclined to believe that Fizdale would like to keep O’Quinn on the roster considering his vision consists of a team with length and physicality on defense.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/17/2018  3:58 PM
Vmart wrote:
jrodmc wrote:If Kanter's in that game, Houston's D would be even more porous, and trading technicals with Draymond wouldn't really change things.

Standing up to LeQ really pays long term dividends, doesn't it...

Your very right. If standing up to LeBron gets this type of response from fans. Jared Jefferies should be the King of New York for the way he went after Melo.

Very, very true. I'm sure you have statitical evidence to back that up, along with your Mardy Collins footie pajamas.

jrodmc
USA
5/17/2018  4:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
jrodmc wrote:If Kanter's in that game, Houston's D would be even more porous, and trading technicals with Draymond wouldn't really change things.

Your very right. If standing up to LeBron gets this type of response from fans. Jared Jefferies should be the King of New York for the way he went after Melo.

Kanter wouldnt have been a good fit in Houston as a starter, but Im sure OKC noticed what happened without his instant offense off the bench.

If they had made a deal to keep Kanter, Melo's lack of production, wouldnt have been nearly as much of a dagger.

They also had Adams, which gave OKC the option of throwing two big men at teams, with different styles. Houston doesnt have that.

Ummm, maybe keeping a defensive tree stump like Kanter isn't quite as impactful to OKC offsetting Melo's lack of production as losing the defensive force of Andre Roberson halfway through the season? OKC had no replacement for Roberson.

What exactly are you going to do with Kanter against teams? Have your other big man literally throw him at the opposing players?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/17/2018  4:30 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Kanter wouldnt have been a good fit in Houston as a starter, but Im sure OKC noticed what happened without his instant offense off the bench.

If they had made a deal to keep Kanter, Melo's lack of production, wouldnt have been nearly as much of a dagger.

They also had Adams, which gave OKC the option of throwing two big men at teams, with different styles. Houston doesnt have that.

Ummm, maybe keeping a defensive tree stump like Kanter isn't quite as impactful to OKC offsetting Melo's lack of production as losing the defensive force of Andre Roberson halfway through the season? OKC had no replacement for Roberson.

What exactly are you going to do with Kanter against teams? Have your other big man literally throw him at the opposing players?

Kanter's defense isnt so bad that it negates his offense. I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

Try comparing Kanter's number's and defense to Melo's this season. As well as his attitude from start to finish. Kanter fighting through one serious injury after another, while missing relatively few games.

What you also seem to miss is that while yes, Kanter can get abused by bigs at time. Conversely Kanter has embarassed the best big men in the league under the glass. He is an elite rebounder, and post player.

If you cant find a way to use that skill set, then its about your lack of imagination.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2018  4:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:It’s one thing for a player to claim that they would like to re-sign with the team they’ve grown to appreciate. That can change as soon as a new offer comes in that exceeds the pay or playing time provided by the incumbent franchise.

It’s an entirely different thing, however, when a pending free agent speaks with the following tone. Per an interview with Desus & Mero:

“[The lottery] was cool. The numbers said we was going to get the ninth pick, so you expect that.”

The use of the word, “We,” and the vested interest in where the Knicks ended up in the Lottery certainly sounds like O’Quinn is committed to playing for the Knicks.

When asked for his expectations for the 2018-19 season, O’Quinn further fueled the speculation:

“It’ll be a good season. We got the new good coach…[David Fizdale is] well respected by guys that have done some things in the league. LeBron, Dwyane Wade, stuff like that; what he did down in Miami.”

O’Quinn continued:

“It’s just new energy in The Garden. New energy in the locker room, the facility; I think that’ll help guys bring their A-game every day. Try to earn somebody’s respect. When you get in the workplace, you want to earn your peers’ respect. I think that [David Fizdale is] doing it and we have to do the same.”

There’s the, “We,” again.

Furthermore, O’Quinn was one of the players who appeared at the introductory press conference for David Fizdale. Perhaps he was supporting Fizdale personally, but it’s fair to presume that he was there to welcome the Knicks’ new head coach on a professional level.

One is inclined to believe that Fizdale would like to keep O’Quinn on the roster considering his vision consists of a team with length and physicality on defense.

Yeah i think KOQ is a keeper. He lacks in many areas but he is a great piece moving forward for the culture of this team. He's a real NY'er and has really become this team's Haslem in many ways. Hopefully they can come up with an agreement to keep him a Knick but doesn't break the bank for a rebuilding team.

jrodmc
USA
5/17/2018  5:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Kanter's defense isnt so bad that it negates his offense. I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

Try comparing Kanter's number's and defense to Melo's this season. As well as his attitude from start to finish. Kanter fighting through one serious injury after another, while missing relatively few games.

What you also seem to miss is that while yes, Kanter can get abused by bigs at time. Conversely Kanter has embarassed the best big men in the league under the glass. He is an elite rebounder, and post player.

If you cant find a way to use that skill set, then its about your lack of imagination.

So let me get this straight, Melo, who's at least somewhere in the middle of the list in defensive rating for the league, and Kanter, who doesn't even MAKE the list. Just how bad does his defense have to be in your world? I did happen to notice that we didn't sniff the playoffs, despite having this elite rebounder and post player. Who can't manage a block a game or barely more than 1 assist, from that elite post play.

There's your comparison.

Attitude points? Fighting through injuries? Better dressed for post game interviews? Lack of idiotic hats? More pronounced abs?

What else you got? More likely to bring back fond memories of the Oakley era?

GustavBahler

5/17/2018  6:16 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:

So let me get this straight, Melo, who's at least somewhere in the middle of the list in defensive rating for the league, and Kanter, who doesn't even MAKE the list. Just how bad does his defense have to be in your world? I did happen to notice that we didn't sniff the playoffs, despite having this elite rebounder and post player. Who can't manage a block a game or barely more than 1 assist, from that elite post play.

There's your comparison.

Attitude points? Fighting through injuries? Better dressed for post game interviews? Lack of idiotic hats? More pronounced abs?

What else you got? More likely to bring back fond memories of the Oakley era?

Melo had the benefit of being on a better squad defensively. Kanter was the last line of defense(Without KP) for a backcourt that outside of Frank, needs improvement. Kanter is an old school center who can defend under the rim, but has trouble with centers who can shoot from outside of 15 feet. Its about matchups.

Kanter is elite as far scoring efficiency, FG pct, offensive and defensive rebounds. Melo had his worst season.

The ability to play through serious injuries, to put the team on your back on offense, when no one is finding the rim, being a good teammate, since when doesnt that matter? It shows that Perry made a good deal, and we should be glad that Melo imploded somewhere else.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/17/2018  7:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Kanter's defense isnt so bad that it negates his offense.

Yeah it is

GustavBahler wrote:I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

I can’t think of one game where Kanter carried the team. Maybe a Miami game. That’s it.

Oh the Xmas game where they lost

Which others?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

5/17/2018  7:56 PM
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

GustavBahler wrote:I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

I can’t think of one game where Kanter carried the team. Maybe a Miami game. That’s it.

Which others?

As it relates to my original point of Kanter being often the only player standing between the Knicks and a blowout, absolutely. All those double/doubles had an impact. I dont know why you didnt notice. Again, its about matchups.

Kanter's D was better all around with KP. A string of early injuries, slowed him down some. Then KP was gone, and it was undersized big men, and G leaguers as his wingmen.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/17/2018  10:23 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Very, very true. I'm sure you have statitical evidence to back that up, along with your Mardy Collins footie pajamas.

I had the Nate footie pajamas.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/18/2018  8:45 AM
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

Which others?

I gotta go with martin on this, I have been saying all season he was DAVID LEE.

Now if you put Kanter around 4 or 5 really good defenders and a really good defensive coaching staff, you could hide his defensive flaws like the knicks did with Allan Houston.

His a good team guy and has a lot of heart, but he is not even 50% worth that 18 mill

ES
GustavBahler

5/18/2018  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  9:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

GustavBaohler wrote:I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

Which others?

Now if you put Kanter around 4 or 5 really good defenders and a really good defensive coaching staff, you could hide his defensive flaws like the knicks did with Allan Houston.

His a good team guy and has a lot of heart, but he is not even 50% worth that 18 mill

I gotta go with you not knowing WTF youre talking about. Kanter can defend in the paint. David Lee used to avoid contact like the plague. Mostly jazzhands defense. Kanter lets the player he's defending, slam right into him, doesnt back down.

When it came to rebounds, Lee padded his stats, many of his rebounds were when both teams were running to the other side of the court. Kanter is a very aggressive rebounder, post player. Lee was all about finesse.

David Lee was soft Kanter isnt. Willy was David Lee, was saying that all season long.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/18/2018  9:33 AM
Knicks should let Kanter go and commit to Kornet. He plays much better defense and he is what today’s center is. Three ball, rebounding and defense.
GustavBahler

5/18/2018  9:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  9:39 AM
Vmart wrote:Knicks should let Kanter go and commit to Kornet. He plays much better defense and he is what today’s center is. Three ball, rebounding and defense.

Didnt play nearly enough to get that about Kornet's D, not even close to a full season. And his 3 point shooting trailed off as the season progressed. Kornet might make a good backup, 3 point shooting is the only place he has an edge over Kanter right now.

The only reason I would pass on Kanter is his asking price.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2018  9:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

GustavBaohler wrote:I guess you missed watching the many games this season, where the only player keeping us in the game was Kanter.

Which others?

I gotta go with you not knowing WTF youre talking about. Kanter can defend in the paint. David Lee used to avoid contact like the plague. Mostly jazzhands defense. Kanter lets the player he's defending, slam right into him, doesnt back down.

When it came to rebounds, Lee padded his stats, many of his rebounds were when both teams were running to the other side of the court. Kanter is a very aggressive rebounder, post player. Lee was all about finesse.

David Lee was soft Kanter isnt. Willy was David Lee, was saying that all season long.

sort of. If his position is good he has his moments. He certainly holds his ground and is physical. However he cant adjust at all and the minute he's even slightly out of position the opposing C gets such easy looks.

The #s dont lie... Opposing Cs have an effective FG% of .611
I mean he gets scored on at will
http://www.82games.com/1718/17NYK21.HTM

He brings a lot of other things... the intensity, physical play and rebounding are keys and can really help. He's also young.

I love him as a 25mpg guy until we have a better two way player. I would not like to lose him for nothing but I would prefer that to paying him 4/$80mm

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/18/2018  9:57 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

Which others?

sort of. If his position is good he has his moments. He certainly holds his ground and is physical. However he cant adjust at all and the minute he's even slightly out of position the opposing C gets such easy looks.

He brings a lot of other things... the intensity, physical play and rebounding are keys and can really help. He's also young.

I love him as a 25mpg guy until we have a better two way player. I would not like to lose him for nothing but I would prefer that to paying him 4/$80mm

I know Fizz intends to spend his Summer with KP, but this brings up a key point

At least attitudinally, Kanter epitomizes the toughness Fizz seems to desire. Does he think he can fix Kanter's D, e.g., to at least average? If so then that can change a lot of thinking

Fizz should be getting in Kanter's head too!!

(5)(5)
GustavBahler

5/18/2018  9:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

Which others?

Look at his numbers in the paint vs, defending players out near the arc. Kanter spent last offseason shedding lbs, it paid off. New coach, new team, new schemes, new teammates. Sure didnt help his numbers playing with backups and g-leaguers. One serious injury after another, mostly from playing physical ball.

Id like to see how Kanter comes back next season. See if his D is better beyond tbe rim. See if we can put a rim protector next to him, while KP rehabs. We will miss that scoring and rebounding in the paint. Should have been able to use that to knock down more 3s, but we took too few, made too few.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2018  10:33 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

Which others?

Look at his numbers in the paint vs, defending players out near the arc. Kanter spent last offseason shedding lbs, it paid off. New coach, new team, new schemes, new teammates. Sure didnt help his numbers playing with backups and g-leaguers. One serious injury after another, mostly from playing physical ball.

Id like to see how Kanter comes back next season. See if his D is better beyond tbe rim. See if we can put a rim protector next to him, while KP rehabs. We will miss that scoring and rebounding in the paint. Should have been able to use that to knock down more 3s, but we took too few, made too few.

if he opts out are you confident enough to give him an extension? I would think 4/$80m would be a starting point
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

5/18/2018  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah it is

Which others?

if he opts out are you confident enough to give him an extension? I would think 4/$80m would be a starting point

If he opts out, I wouldnt want to see the Knicks get too generous. Id rather see Kanter opt in so the Knicks can have more of a look at him. Although Kanter played through injuries, the only one tbat gave me pause as a fan was his back issues. Kanter's style of play can tax a player's back. Id want to see the Knicks make sure it isnt a long term issue.

For those who want Kanter gone....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy