[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is woodson on his way back
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/15/2018  1:57 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Assistant coach Mike Woodson won’t be returning to the Los Angeles Clippers staff next season, league sources tell ESPN. Woodson’s departure off Doc Rivers’ bench will create an opening for a top-level, defensive-minded assistant.

You don't just quit a job unless you have something else lined up, and we all know him and fiz are pretty cool.

ES
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/15/2018  2:07 PM
I liked woody a lot as a person, and he got results and connected very well with the players. His switching defense and iso melo and lack of adjustments drove me crazy, but I'm fine having him back as an assistant.

I don't think it's a sure thing though- clips may just have decided they wanted a new defense coach and let him go.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/15/2018  2:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:I liked woody a lot as a person, and he got results and connected very well with the players. His switching defense and iso melo and lack of adjustments drove me crazy, but I'm fine having him back as an assistant.

I don't think it's a sure thing though- clips may just have decided they wanted a new defense coach and let him go.

100% agree, but MDA was switching on everything in phoenix and does it now with houston, so im not sure who's idea was that to begin with. I always said guys like JH and woodson would make better assisitants

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/15/2018  5:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I liked woody a lot as a person, and he got results and connected very well with the players. His switching defense and iso melo and lack of adjustments drove me crazy, but I'm fine having him back as an assistant.

100% agree, but MDA was switching on everything in phoenix and does it now with houston, so im not sure who's idea was that to begin with. I always said guys like JH and woodson would make better assisitants

Agree...I have no problem with Woods on in the bench. Can't say I wouldn't be a little underwhelmed, tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/15/2018  9:08 PM
Don't want nothin to do with wooden headed Woodson.
We need to build up our youth, and he brings nothing to the table on that.Pass.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/16/2018  12:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  12:16 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Don't want nothin to do with wooden headed Woodson.
We need to build up our youth, and he brings nothing to the table on that.Pass.

Son of The Wood should go where Melo goes.
They were isolating in great synchronicity.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Is woodson on his way back

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy