[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Ultimate Knicks LOTTERY ping pong ball party!!!
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/15/2018  9:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Another year, we failed to play the odds with any degree of competence and came back with a low draft pick.
And at one time we were tied with Sacramento and threw all that away by winning meaningless games.

Best believe there will be at least 2 very good players available at 9, and a quite a few bad ones, do you trust perry and mills to make te right pick or trade

I have very little insight into their thinking. I would be happy with Mikal Bridges.

I won’t bitch about Mikal but if we take him I believe we will pass on 3-5 other players with more long term upside. We need to draft for talent...lot of these kids are 2 years younger than Mikal.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/15/2018  9:56 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Another year, we failed to play the odds with any degree of competence and came back with a low draft pick.
And at one time we were tied with Sacramento and threw all that away by winning meaningless games.

I am more interested in defense than age. We need a Swiss army knife SF. Mikal fits our advertised philosophy.

Best believe there will be at least 2 very good players available at 9, and a quite a few bad ones, do you trust perry and mills to make te right pick or trade

I have very little insight into their thinking. I would be happy with Mikal Bridges.

I won’t bitch about Mikal but if we take him I believe we will pass on 3-5 other players with more long term upside. We need to draft for talent...lot of these kids are 2 years younger than Mikal.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2018  10:26 AM

Maybe the problem was when we were winning meaningful games?

Welpee
Member: #6239

5/17/2018  9:58 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
To me this is why I can't be on board with the pro-tank crowd. I'm sure there's at least a couple of franchise players in this draft because on average that's how every draft pans out. But is there anyone in this draft who is clearly "that guy?" I think the Knicks are as likely to have a shot at an impact player at nine as they would be in the top three in THIS draft. I don't think anybody comes across as a can't miss game changer.

In my opinion Doncic is at a different level. He has the potential to be that guy and was worth tanking for.

Maybe, but then again in 2009 we heard similar hype about Ricky Rubio. Euro players are hard to forecast, at least for me.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/17/2018  10:14 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:I'll by you icecream

Jaysus man... next time offer up cheesecake or some ****

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/17/2018  10:23 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

This is exactly my concern. He has 3 more years to grow into who he will be probably for the rest of his career.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/17/2018  10:24 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Pie AND ice cream!!!

meloshouldgo

5/17/2018  9:41 PM
Nalod wrote:

Maybe the problem was when we were winning meaningful games?

No it wasn't. We were tied with Sac, after KP was hurt. Then we went on to win 3-4 games and the rest is history. They have Doncic and we'll get the likes of Trae Young (PUKE)

meloshouldgo

5/17/2018  9:42 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Cheesecake for a 70 year old Perv? no can do!

meloshouldgo

5/17/2018  9:43 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

This is exactly my concern. He has 3 more years to grow into who he will be probably for the rest of his career.

Why is that a cocern?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/17/2018  9:58 PM
Jaylen Brown and Mikal Bridges are the same age. I think the age thing can be overstated. Mikal did the right thing staying in school. Not everyone develops at the same pace but he’s on schedule just like Donovan Mitchell he made a jump at age 21.
Cartman718

5/18/2018  9:50 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why is that a cocern?

3 years is not a long time in the NBA? thats why. You always draft on 2 factors...
potential + age.
In this case, potential is great, but age is not great. If he was a freshman doing what he did at Villanova, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

5/18/2018  9:51 AM
nixluva wrote:Jaylen Brown and Mikal Bridges are the same age. I think the age thing can be overstated. Mikal did the right thing staying in school. Not everyone develops at the same pace but he’s on schedule just like Donovan Mitchell he made a jump at age 21.

Mikal is not NBA ready. Donovan Mitchell is in ROY conversation. Lets not get carried away with these comparisons.

Do you feel that Mikal is coming into the league and going to be in ROY conversation? Yes or No.

The Ultimate Knicks LOTTERY ping pong ball party!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy