[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Odds of trading Lee/Lance to...
Author Thread
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
5/14/2018  6:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2018  6:16 AM
a team with cap space for draft picks and then trading these draft picks and Noah to a team?

Hardaway is also not worth the money but is he tradable for a draft pick?

I hope the Knicks can start practicing some financial smarts for once and only blow money on first and second tier players and just keep picking up cheap players here and there.

Its just not worth paying Lance $7 mil and Baker $5 mil I mean that's $12 mil right there it all adds up if you take a look at good teams they spend money wisely unlike us this is another part we have to change.

Sorry slow week here and not too many new posts lol.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/14/2018  8:53 AM
who are the first tier players you want to target? What is your strategy or pitch for getting them here?

What team who needs a vet is trading a pick for Lee/Lance? Who are we taking back? How does that upgrade their roster?

Why isnt THjr worth the money? He's being paid like a 2nd tier guy... Allan Crabbe, Bazemore, Even Turner, etc.. Who were you getting with that money who is better?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2018  9:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2018  10:03 AM
fishmike wrote:who are the first tier players you want to target? What is your strategy or pitch for getting them here?

What team who needs a vet is trading a pick for Lee/Lance? Who are we taking back? How does that upgrade their roster?

Why isnt THjr worth the money? He's being paid like a 2nd tier guy... Allan Crabbe, Bazemore, Even Turner, etc.. Who were you getting with that money who is better?

We should trade Lee, Lance, Noah and THJr for Lebron.
or......
for Giannis and their first round pick. Why the phuch not?
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
5/15/2018  7:00 AM
I think someone bites to get CLEE, but we need to give up our second round pick in order to ger the first round pick.

Lance thomas is a long shot.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/15/2018  7:55 AM
Baker's contract is bad.

Lee and Thomas are good pieces for a vet team. You could 2nd rounders for both, I would think. I like them but I agree, it is time for them to move on.

Noah may have a role with the uncertainty of Kanter and KOQ (KP too!). Obviously is any team shows interest, I would think the Knicks would have to listen. Noah has not played seriously in almost 3 years. He will either be rejuvenated this year or it will be obvious he is done.

Lots of big decisions to be made. Tonight, they find out where the pick will be. If by some miracle, its a top 3, then things are looking way up. Staying at #9, the target has to be big or wing....moves need to be made...more speed and more shooting needed for this team.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/15/2018  9:57 AM
fishmike wrote:who are the first tier players you want to target? What is your strategy or pitch for getting them here?

how about Courtney Lee for Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown and their first? It works under trade checker

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
5/15/2018  11:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

how about Courtney Lee for Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown and their first? It works under trade checker

those guys are good but will have to be resigned in a couple years and want big money. Who wants to deal with those headaches?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/15/2018  1:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

those guys are good but will have to be resigned in a couple years and want big money. Who wants to deal with those headaches?

Beggars can't be choosers!

So hard to please you fish

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/15/2018  1:20 PM
Team is years form contention.
It is time for audition of young players.
So getting more picks is a good idea but without getting any players on board.
So if we want to move up or get additional picks we should only accept players we can waive right away.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/15/2018  1:24 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Beggars can't be choosers!

So hard to please you fish

is he being sarcastic, because the trade proposal had to be a joke?

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2018  7:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I agree with Fish. Have them throw in Gordon Hayward and they can pay half his salary. That makes sense. He’s just an injury prone guy anyway.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Stevo718
5/18/2018  8:17 PM
Courtney Lee is tradable for a pick and so is Lance Thomas. That saves us $20 mil in 2019-2020. Ron Baker we just let in run its course. Noah we should also let it run its course unless there is a team out there with 2 horrible one year contracts that we can trade for Noahs bad two year contract.

Would love to trade Hardaway and his terrible contract... he is an average PG at best and the SG and SF position are the easiest to fill with average players at cheap/decent salaries just have to get a little lucky.

We have to cut the fat off the team. Pick up Mikal and go from there.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/18/2018  8:39 PM
Stevo718 wrote:Courtney Lee is tradable for a pick and so is Lance Thomas. That saves us $20 mil in 2019-2020. Ron Baker we just let in run its course. Noah we should also let it run its course unless there is a team out there with 2 horrible one year contracts that we can trade for Noahs bad two year contract.

Would love to trade Hardaway and his terrible contract... he is an average PG at best and the SG and SF position are the easiest to fill with average players at cheap/decent salaries just have to get a little lucky.

We have to cut the fat off the team. Pick up Mikal and go from there.

don't count on that, with either.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

5/18/2018  9:34 PM
Stevo718 wrote:a team with cap space for draft picks and then trading these draft picks and Noah to a team?

Hardaway is also not worth the money but is he tradable for a draft pick?

I hope the Knicks can start practicing some financial smarts for once and only blow money on first and second tier players and just keep picking up cheap players here and there.

Its just not worth paying Lance $7 mil and Baker $5 mil I mean that's $12 mil right there it all adds up if you take a look at good teams they spend money wisely unlike us this is another part we have to change.

Sorry slow week here and not too many new posts lol.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Like you don't want them, nobody else wants them either. All those players will wither away on the vine. Hopefully this new front office will make better choices.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/19/2018  9:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2018  9:08 AM
No one is trading for Lance Thomas unless they want to dump a bad contract. Lee may be tradeable but no one is giving up a first round draft pick for him. Would you trade a first round pick for him? Then why the hell would a team give us a first for him. A team over the cap may trade for Lee if we take back one of their worthless players but no way in hell is a team viewing him as an asset they want.

This is the type of trade we could get for Lee.
Lee for Jr Smith and a late 2nd round pick

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Stevo718
5/19/2018  8:50 PM
I’d definitely take a second round pick for Lance and a late first or early second round pick for Lee I think there’s a team out there that would do that.
As for THJ I’d take One of those picks and package THJ to a team for?
reub
Member: #6227

5/20/2018  12:10 AM
There's no way we should trade our "Draymond."
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

5/20/2018  5:23 PM
Stevo718 wrote:I’d definitely take a second round pick for Lance and a late first or early second round pick for Lee I think there’s a team out there that would do that.
As for THJ I’d take One of those picks and package THJ to a team for?

"Opportunity Cost" of the cap space implied.

I've discussed this before when some here demanded the Knicks try to trade Melo to the Celtics for Marcus Smart and a first round pick. The argument being the Celtics had open cap space to absorb Melo's salary, so you didn't need an even salary match.

The cap space the Celtics did use was on Gordon Hayward.

So it's not just Marcus Smart and a 1 for Melo, it's Marcus Smart, the 1 and opportunity cost of Gordon Hayward versus not.

The Knicks were never getting Marcus Smart and a 1 for Melo, even if Smart could hypothetically form a pure 1 for 1 salary match. But no one here in their right mind would make that trade given The Mirror Test. No one here would be OK with the Knicks trading Smart, a 1 plus what amounted to Hayward for a broken down aging anti-team ball no defense expensive Melo.

Trying to trade Lee for a POSITIVE ASSET means asking a team to forego taking that 12 million AAV into free agency, where more bargains can be had because so many teams are in the tax zone and cap locked. And losing the value of a 2nd round pick, a cost controlled rookie who has no guaranteed money obligations.

For Lee, a guy entering his age 33/34 years. Or Thomas, who is a low IQ energy guy who has no business getting a 4 year deal in the first place.

There is not a rational team out there willing to make that trade. If Lee and/or Thomas could be traded, they would have been already, as the team has tried to trade both non stop for the past two seasons.

Trying to rationalize why a non Knicks team should do something you'd never want the Knicks to do themselves if the situation was reversed is the basis of all trade rape.

When you cannot function a trade to satisfy the Mirror Test and practically consider real OPPORTUNITY COST for the implied cap space, then you can only trade the player for NET LIABILITY. A Luol Deng. A Brandon Knight. A Tim Mozgov. An Omer Asik. The Lakers would be glad to take Thomas and Lee. If you took Luol Deng and small asset off their hands. Suns would be happy to send something small to the Knicks to get Lee, if they can dump Brandon Knight and his injured carcass. This is the TAX that comes with hiring a front office guy like Jackson who had name brand value but didn't know what he was doing and had no experience doing it. Do you walk into the bakery and ask someone there to fix your brake pads? Because something that mindboggling is exactly what the Knicks did when they hired Phil Jackson.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/22/2018  1:36 PM

I would take back a more productive player, even more salary if it involved getting rid of lance.

Lance and baker combine to make 12 mill last season, what a complete waste of money

ES
fishmike
USA
5/22/2018  3:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I would take back a more productive player

Why not add better looking and younger as well? You do you have in mind? I think Lee prob gets you a pick if you are willing to take back salary.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy