What Mo Bamba is up to now
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
5/10/2018  11:06 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/10/17337970/mo-bamba-nba-draft-lottery

I like Bamba. I would love him to be Knicks 5 for the next 12 years. He and KP would kick Embiid and Saric around and it would be great hoops. Add Frank and your defense is what championships are made of.

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

5/11/2018  6:32 AM
I was pro Bamba a few months ago.
Unlike many at the time, I don't think Kanter is the longterm solution, and I also don't think KP should be playing 5 full time.

Bamba/KP/Thomas/Hardaway/Frank

That's a nice two way lineup in another rebuild year, in my opinion.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/11/2018  8:52 AM
I think Fiz all but confirmed KP was the future 5 of the Knicks. Obviously they won't limit him, but calling him unstoppable at that position pretty much sums it up. We just need to find the right 4.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

5/11/2018  10:44 AM
Knixkik wrote:I think Fiz all but confirmed KP was the future 5 of the Knicks. Obviously they won't limit him, but calling him unstoppable at that position pretty much sums it up. We just need to find the right 4.

The only problem I have with KP at that position is him having to defend the physical low block players or players looking for rebounds.
They're gonna push him and beat him up, and that's going to lead to loads of little injuries.
If we do use KP as our 5, we need to draft or find a 4 that is extremely physical, a good rebounder and someone that doesn't mind defending bigger players.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/11/2018  10:48 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I think Fiz all but confirmed KP was the future 5 of the Knicks. Obviously they won't limit him, but calling him unstoppable at that position pretty much sums it up. We just need to find the right 4.

The only problem I have with KP at that position is him having to defend the physical low block players or players looking for rebounds.
They're gonna push him and beat him up, and that's going to lead to loads of little injuries.
If we do use KP as our 5, we need to draft or find a 4 that is extremely physical, a good rebounder and someone that doesn't mind defending bigger players.

KP needs to toughen up like KG did.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/11/2018  10:55 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

I agree, and i think they will search for that 4. I also feel that while KP plays the 5 a majority of the time, there will be plenty of times where the matchup prevents him from playing 5 more than a few mins here and there. I think they will likely resign KOQ (and eventually let Kanter walk) because O'Quinn can return on a modest contract and provide 20 mpg as a backup, but also alongside KP in those more physical matchups.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/11/2018  12:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

True, but KG didn't start playing the 5 full time until the end of his career
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/11/2018  1:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

...when he turns 35? OK
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/11/2018  3:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

...when he turns 35? OK

KP should be doing a lot of upper body work by necessity, since he will be limited by his leg injury...might be an opportunity to do a little re-sculpting of his arm, shoulders, and core.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/12/2018  10:55 AM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

...when he turns 35? OK

speed
LOL - I was trying to imply without adding a lot of girth
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/12/2018  7:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2018  7:39 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I agree, and i think they will search for that 4. I also feel that while KP plays the 5 a majority of the time, there will be plenty of times where the matchup prevents him from playing 5 more than a few mins here and there. I think they will likely resign KOQ (and eventually let Kanter walk) because O'Quinn can return on a modest contract and provide 20 mpg as a backup, but also alongside KP in those more physical matchups.

Julius Randle is ideal, if we trade back Robert Williams Texas A&M, where is Kurt Thomas when you need him
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/16/2018  12:36 PM
KP needs a polished product at both ends of the floor to help him out. You see the results when he does have that (Rolo) and when he doesn't (Noah/Kanter/KOQ). Now that's going to possibly be even more evident coming off an ACL.

Bamba's learning to become Embiid. Good for him. If he's available at 9, I would say go for it.
Would be interesting project to watch while we're waiting for KP to come back in 2019/2020.

What Mo Bamba is up to now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy