[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Uh oh. If Fizdale sees L Thomas as his Dray Green we have a problem
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/10/2018  2:18 PM
I kind of shrugged my head when he said a line up of Mudiay Frank and Burke--nothing wrong w 3 guard line up--but Im not sure you have 1 nba starter there.

This sounds like a God complex--this guy is going to come in and fix all problems. Ah to me L Thomas is L thomas a fringe NBA player at best who got a great contract for himself!

I would keep it close to the vest--let me see the guy --how they work--line ups etc.. without setting unrealistic expectations. If L thomas is his D Green--I guess thats code for we are winning 12 games again.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/10/2018  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2018  2:26 PM
i'm kind of in the same camp in terms of him talking too much. He can all of these things in private to the players. Create a vision and a goal

there's a lot of downside to all of these public promises, with one of the top being losing credibility and somewhat antithetical to "accountability" mantra

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/10/2018  2:25 PM
Well your not Fizdale. Your Briggs. We will see what Fizdale does with the roster. You just keep on giving us those awesome playoff predicitons

But here's the quote for those wondering:

Fizdale even compared Thomas to All-Star Draymond Green.

"He's a Swiss Army knife-type of player that can guard multiple positions and you can run offense through him," the coach said on WFAN. "I think he can push the ball off the break a lot like Draymond Green plays. Obviously the thing I'm going to demand from Lance is to play defense like Draymond. And be a guy that's pushing to be a First Team All-Defender."

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler

5/10/2018  2:29 PM
fishmike wrote:Well your not Fizdale. Your Briggs. We will see what Fizdale does with the roster. You just keep on giving us those awesome playoff predicitons

But here's the quote for those wondering:

Fizdale even compared Thomas to All-Star Draymond Green.

"He's a Swiss Army knife-type of player that can guard multiple positions and you can run offense through him," the coach said on WFAN. "I think he can push the ball off the break a lot like Draymond Green plays. Obviously the thing I'm going to demand from Lance is to play defense like Draymond. And be a guy that's pushing to be a First Team All-Defender."

I'm all for the bold. Actions speak louder than words. I want to see him "fix" Mudiay like he promised, and make Thomas into Green-lite; don't want to hear this claptrap

(5)(5)
fishmike
USA
5/10/2018  2:29 PM
Lance was one of the 4 Knicks (Mudiay, Burke, KOQ) at his press conference and Lance is a team captain. Fizdale gave him praise. Lets see how far out of context we can take this...
3..... go!
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/10/2018  2:45 PM
I think his comments are about fit, as Lance was really good for us several years ago. Back then we had more scoring and floor balance so Lance didn't need to offer much offense. Ideally, Burke steps up, Frank plays the 2, Hardaway becomes the highest paid 6th man and we draft a Mikal Bridges that gives us a 3 and D presence at the small forward position. Lance could be that glue guy that is first forward off the bench and productive for us. If the roster stays the same, I would expect Lance to struggle because he's in too high of a role and isn't surrounded by players that can offset his limitations.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/10/2018  3:09 PM
typical knee jerk reaction... wtf is Fizdale supposed to say? 'we have a dumpster fire for a roster and I want everyone cut- NOW!!!'? c'mon this is absurd
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
5/10/2018  3:51 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:typical knee jerk reaction... wtf is Fizdale supposed to say? 'we have a dumpster fire for a roster and I want everyone cut- NOW!!!'? c'mon this is absurd
add to that the guys he mentioned were in attendance.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/10/2018  4:29 PM
Lance is a team leader and good defender.
Did Briggs call out Fiz for being too full of himself?
That's awesome.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/10/2018  5:26 PM
The biggest take away from all this is how he talked about Lance pushing the ball up the floor off the rebound. That eludes to the type of style he is gonna want to run and probably the type of piece he will look to acquire at the forward position.

I see him looking to imitate how they played in MIA with Wade,Bron,Bosh without the talent but similar style of play. Basically a long/athletic trapping style creating turnovers leading to fast break points. With the forwards able to handle the rock and lead a break.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/10/2018  5:34 PM
I don't see a problem.....unless it's pointed at certain fans who only wear pessimistic lenses.

LT plays a d.green role for us. He's only pointing out the obvious. Typical knick fan exaggerating everything.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/10/2018  5:42 PM
blkexec wrote:I don't see a problem.....unless it's pointed at certain fans who only wear pessimistic lenses.

LT plays a d.green role for us. He's only pointing out the obvious. Typical knick fan exaggerating everything.

No playoffs, draft is a ways away...fans have to hang on every little thing this time of the year. Coach's wife can only distract for so long...
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler

5/10/2018  6:01 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:typical knee jerk reaction... wtf is Fizdale supposed to say? 'we have a dumpster fire for a roster and I want everyone cut- NOW!!!'? c'mon this is absurd

let's be serious. there are a million things he could've said, or he could've not said much other than he's super excited, honored etc.

For some of the guys on stage, he could have said you've been huge disappointments in your career and had the benefit of at least being brutally honest (not that I would advocate that)

I just don't like it when coaches go all Rex Ryan with a lot of talk (thinking back when Rex was all pissed off that Sheldon didn't make pro bowl but Aaron Donald did...)

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/10/2018  6:06 PM
blkexec wrote:I don't see a problem.....unless it's pointed at certain fans who only wear pessimistic lenses.

Hey I like Lance as much as the next guy, but putting him in the same sentence as Draymond is a credibility buster.

My fingers and toes are crossed Fiz succeeds, but stop talking and start working

(5)(5)
fishmike
USA
5/10/2018  6:50 PM
Chandler wrote:

let's be serious. there are a million things he could've said, or he could've not said much other than he's super excited, honored etc.

For some of the guys on stage, he could have said you've been huge disappointments in your career and had the benefit of at least being brutally honest (not that I would advocate that)

I just don't like it when coaches go all Rex Ryan with a lot of talk (thinking back when Rex was all pissed off that Sheldon didn't make pro bowl but Aaron Donald did...)

your new boss just told you he's excited to work with you and has high expectations. Its that simple. Anything else is overlooking and overthinking.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/10/2018  7:29 PM

Yeah he plays the D. Green role without all the production and talent

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/10/2018  7:29 PM
Wow. I guess i just didn't realize that Dray Green couldn't catch a pass or make a lay up.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
5/10/2018  7:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2018  7:32 PM
Fiz is in for a rude awakening. He's really talking up a storm and setting expectations higher than he should. Apart from this ridiculous comparison, he's said that he's a great coach and that the garden will be a place where opponents are humiliated. This team is going to be BAD next year. Our best player by far is not playing and our next best player is Trey Burke or THJ. Is there an NBA team with less talent than that right now?Hopefully Fiz doesn't get to rattled when the losses start piling up. Right now he talks as if he's just coming off a championship win.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/10/2018  7:30 PM
More like he's this roster's Jared Jeffries, an overrated defender and ZERO on offense.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/10/2018  8:04 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Fiz is in for a rude awakening. He's really talking up a storm and setting expectations higher than he should. Apart from this ridiculous comparison, he's said that he's a great coach and that the garden will be a place where opponents are humiliated. This team is going to be BAD next year. Our best player by far is not playing and our next best player is Trey Burke or THJ. Is there an NBA team with less talent than that right now?Hopefully Fiz doesn't get to rattled when the losses start piling up. Right now he talks as if he's just coming off a championship win.
He also has talked about being a part of a franchise that won 13 games his first year he was with the Hawks and how much he learned from that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uh oh. If Fizdale sees L Thomas as his Dray Green we have a problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy