[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Which M. Bridges - detailed analysis on youtube
Author Thread
Knixkik
Posts: 29579
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
5/16/2018  9:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Either kid is fun to imagine playing for Knicks -- its a tough call but I would go Miles over Mykal for a few reasons.

- younger
- more physical/explosive body better suited to NBA game
- like his potential as a post & iso player given his explosiveness, strength and use of both hands around the rim
- feel like NBA game may open up more of his offense than we witnessed at MSU
- feel like he could potentially grow into 2nd (Robin) scorer to KP --- like that he has scorers mentality
- like that he gets buckets in numerous ways - catch/shoot, pull-up off dribble, driving, back to basket in post, back-cuts...etc

Again -- either kid along with the Zhaire Smith kid (who could really rise late) would be fun to think about (throw Sexton in there as well).

I don't mind Miles but I just don't see him as a good fit for this roster. This team needs a True 3, A Center or a PF who can defend bulkier Centers, or a PG. A small ball 4 makes no sense

I think Miles is a perfect fit. He is a smallball 4 and KP should be a 5. Miles is strong and athletic and can rebound. He fills a lot of weaknesses next to KP and makes us faster and more athletic in a position-less game. He can also play the 3 if we decide to go bigger, but he is better at the 4. Fiz is going to play a modern game, so Miles and KP at the 4 and 5 allow us to become that matchup nightmare. If you look at the teams competing for a title now, you don't need to worry about getting bulkier up front. We can always get a couple of good backup bigs.

A KP , Miles frontcourt won't be able to guard thicker bodied centers. I think we need someone closer to Julius Randle

I disagree. I am not worried about that. KP and Bridges can be a mismatch nightmare for every team. Once in awhile when we play a bigger team, we can just play KOQ or someone cheap like that extended minutes. But i am not going to get slower and less versatile up front just to worry about the few big bodied players remaining in the league.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32202
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/16/2018  9:31 AM
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

GustavBahler said: Check please....
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  9:36 AM
Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  9:42 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

Melo led the league in score as a stretch 4. We won over 50 games as a stretch 4. My guess is he wants to play the 4 at his age and with his limited lateral mobility. And this is win he could give you 30 easy. He was killing all 4s that year.

What he wants is what MDA tried to give him. He asked Melo to be that Point Forward. See how that worked out for Harden. Melo is just stubborn and stuck in his own ways...whatever that is. I'm just glad this ego maniac is a problem for someone else now.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32202
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/16/2018  9:47 AM
blkexec wrote:Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

I'd be fine with Bridges, but to base any opinion on YouTube clips is absolutely pointless. If the Knicks have the chance to draft Porter and pass on him for Bridges I will blow a gasket. Are you kidding me

GustavBahler said: Check please....
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  9:50 AM
I like Miles too.....I think he fills a lot of needs for us. But the way todays NBA is going, shooters who can defend, is a valuable piece to have when building todays NBA teams.

Mikal reminds me of Klay Thompson....we need players like that.

Miles reminds me of Draymond Green....same energy and passion, who plays bigger than his size.....we need players like that too. lol

Need a two way SF and Center

Allow KP to grow into his own role. Right now, I rather play KP between 2 two way bodies (SF and Center). And as Fiz said, don't place so much energy boxing him in. I rather surround KP with complimentary players and let this flower bloom.

TWO WAY EVERYTHING (with an above average jumper)

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32202
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/16/2018  9:50 AM
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

Melo led the league in score as a stretch 4. We won over 50 games as a stretch 4. My guess is he wants to play the 4 at his age and with his limited lateral mobility. And this is win he could give you 30 easy. He was killing all 4s that year.

What he wants is what MDA tried to give him. He asked Melo to be that Point Forward. See how that worked out for Harden. Melo is just stubborn and stuck in his own ways...whatever that is. I'm just glad this ego maniac is a problem for someone else now.

so wait who was playing PF when Chandler and Amar'e were on the floor? Melo was a full time power forward that year? Jesus I need more coffee

GustavBahler said: Check please....
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  9:59 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

I'd be fine with Bridges, but to base any opinion on YouTube clips is absolutely pointless. If the Knicks have the chance to draft Porter and pass on him for Bridges I will blow a gasket. Are you kidding me

I haven't done my homework, but wasn't Porter injured all season? He's a great name, with a great pedigree. But at this point, he's also a huge gamble. High risk...high reward.

Mikal vs Porter....Please explain to me how they are different. And if Porter is better, does that skill out weigh his injury prone history? For example, Porter appears to have all around skills....thats what he said in an interview. How does that compard to a sharp shooter with lock down defense potential.

Mikal is still the better shooter with a championship or 2. I would do what Boston did, if Porter and Mikal are on the board. Find someone to give you a future pick and pick 10 for pick 9. Let someone else take a chance on Porter, while we get Mikal and a pick. lol....Sit back and watch Porter go back and forth on injure reserved, while Mikal is getting highlights on both ends.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  10:01 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

Melo led the league in score as a stretch 4. We won over 50 games as a stretch 4. My guess is he wants to play the 4 at his age and with his limited lateral mobility. And this is win he could give you 30 easy. He was killing all 4s that year.

What he wants is what MDA tried to give him. He asked Melo to be that Point Forward. See how that worked out for Harden. Melo is just stubborn and stuck in his own ways...whatever that is. I'm just glad this ego maniac is a problem for someone else now.

so wait who was playing PF when Chandler and Amar'e were on the floor? Melo was a full time power forward that year? Jesus I need more coffee

Melo and Amare didnt play together for long. Once Amare started having injuries, I believe Melo slid over to the 4. But I agree....I haven't had my coffee today, so don't quote me.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
blkexec
Posts: 24593
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
5/16/2018  10:07 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

I'd be fine with Bridges, but to base any opinion on YouTube clips is absolutely pointless. If the Knicks have the chance to draft Porter and pass on him for Bridges I will blow a gasket. Are you kidding me

No, I've watched Mikal before. And during the game, he just blends in. I'm on record saying he doesn't seem like an impact player when watch a game or two. So this is when Youtube actually helps in this case.

Blending in and being a team player is a great quality to have as a roll player or starter. But knowing he has this type of potential you see in youtube clips tells me he has a lot more we haven't seen yet, because of the retrictions in Villanovas team ball system.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32202
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/16/2018  10:09 AM
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

I'd be fine with Bridges, but to base any opinion on YouTube clips is absolutely pointless. If the Knicks have the chance to draft Porter and pass on him for Bridges I will blow a gasket. Are you kidding me

I haven't done my homework, but wasn't Porter injured all season? He's a great name, with a great pedigree. But at this point, he's also a huge gamble. High risk...high reward.

Mikal vs Porter....Please explain to me how they are different. And if Porter is better, does that skill out weigh his injury prone history? For example, Porter appears to have all around skills....thats what he said in an interview. How does that compard to a sharp shooter with lock down defense potential.

Mikal is still the better shooter with a championship or 2. I would do what Boston did, if Porter and Mikal are on the board. Find someone to give you a future pick and pick 10 for pick 9. Let someone else take a chance on Porter, while we get Mikal and a pick. lol....Sit back and watch Porter go back and forth on injure reserved, while Mikal is getting highlights on both ends.

Bridges is a fine player. He would be a nice rotation player. I would like to add a few players like him. I just don't think his impact will be much more than Courtney Lee's (I see Mikal as a bigger Lee). Maybe Porter is an injury risk. Maybe he doesn't last past his rookie contract. To me, it is worth the risk. We need another impact player so desperately and the only way we're going to get one is to hit on a draft pick. If a player like that is available I say it's worth the risk

The nbadraft.net comparisons for Mikal are Otto Porter/Robert Covington. For Porter: Kevin Durant/Joe Johnson. I tend to think comps are usually lazy BS, but it speaks to the perceived best case upside of both players.

GustavBahler said: Check please....
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32202
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/16/2018  10:10 AM
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:Thicker body centers are converting to tight ends or announcers. The NBA is moving in a different direction called positionless basketball. Big body centers will be phased out and fload the G league. Then in 10 years it will change again, but right now, this league is all about players that are two way and positionless. Mikal fits that movement. My only concern is he will not be there at 9. After watching this clip (2:13 and 2:21 mark) I'm sure other GMs are seeing the same potential ON BOTH ENDS. I now like him better than these other guys who suppose to go before him (sexton, young, porter)

I'd be fine with Bridges, but to base any opinion on YouTube clips is absolutely pointless. If the Knicks have the chance to draft Porter and pass on him for Bridges I will blow a gasket. Are you kidding me

No, I've watched Mikal before. And during the game, he just blends in. I'm on record saying he doesn't seem like an impact player when watch a game or two. So this is when Youtube actually helps in this case.

Blending in and being a team player is a great quality to have as a roll player or starter. But knowing he has this type of potential you see in youtube clips tells me he has a lot more we haven't seen yet, because of the retrictions in Villanovas team ball system.

okay... I actually think that we'r on the same page now. I think you prefer teh sure thing, which I do think bridges is, whereas I'm comfortable placing a big bet. where's that coffee at??? lol

GustavBahler said: Check please....
Chandler
Posts: 22556
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

5/16/2018  10:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

all of this makes sense but there's also a dilemma the coach needs to solve. If KP plays PF, the other teams plays small and KP gets burned (both physically and statistically) trying to defend on the perimeter (plus reduces his rim protection).

He's clearly a mismatch on offense. Yay! But the team needs to figure out the mismatches that happen on D (hey if Celts could make IT play like an MVP candidate --it's possible. You just need the right coaches/schemes)

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
PhilinLA
Posts: 24898
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/12/2004
Member: #696
5/16/2018  6:55 PM
Mikal is the way to go if we want Bridges. He and Frank could create a ton of turnovers and threes, since we finally have culture that appreciates 3’s again.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
CrushAlot
Posts: 56902
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/16/2018  7:15 PM
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Ira wrote:A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.

I agree.

And then there's the fact that he doesn't want to play C. I remember when everyone wanted Melo to play stretch four... and it never happened... and it never happened because Melo didn't want to.

Melo led the league in score as a stretch 4. We won over 50 games as a stretch 4. My guess is he wants to play the 4 at his age and with his limited lateral mobility. And this is win he could give you 30 easy. He was killing all 4s that year.

What he wants is what MDA tried to give him. He asked Melo to be that Point Forward. See how that worked out for Harden. Melo is just stubborn and stuck in his own ways...whatever that is. I'm just glad this ego maniac is a problem for someone else now.

so wait who was playing PF when Chandler and Amar'e were on the floor? Melo was a full time power forward that year? Jesus I need more coffee

Melo and Amare didnt play together for long. Once Amare started having injuries, I believe Melo slid over to the 4. But I agree....I haven't had my coffee today, so don't quote me.

Amare missed almost that entire season. Pretty sure Flu wasn't grabbing minutes at the four when he was on the court.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Jmpasq
Posts: 23431
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

5/18/2018  6:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2018  6:36 AM
blkexec wrote:I like Miles too.....I think he fills a lot of needs for us. But the way todays NBA is going, shooters who can defend, is a valuable piece to have when building todays NBA teams.

Mikal reminds me of Klay Thompson....we need players like that.

Miles reminds me of Draymond Green....same energy and passion, who plays bigger than his size.....we need players like that too. lol

Need a two way SF and Center

Allow KP to grow into his own role. Right now, I rather play KP between 2 two way bodies (SF and Center). And as Fiz said, don't place so much energy boxing him in. I rather surround KP with complimentary players and let this flower bloom.

TWO WAY EVERYTHING (with an above average jumper)


I think he is the dreaded forward tweener, not the versatile stretch wing that dominates the league. The team needs a real wing. Don't give me positionless basketball as an excuse. As far as I see it he is a small PF thats it, hardly positionless.
It might sound like I'm dumping on him but i'm not I don't mind him, I just question his fit next Porzingis. Do others here believe Miles can guard the thicker bodied front court player every night. If we are going to go that route thats what he has to do.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Cartman718
Posts: 26079
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/18/2018  9:55 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
blkexec wrote:I like Miles too.....I think he fills a lot of needs for us. But the way todays NBA is going, shooters who can defend, is a valuable piece to have when building todays NBA teams.

Mikal reminds me of Klay Thompson....we need players like that.

Miles reminds me of Draymond Green....same energy and passion, who plays bigger than his size.....we need players like that too. lol

Need a two way SF and Center

Allow KP to grow into his own role. Right now, I rather play KP between 2 two way bodies (SF and Center). And as Fiz said, don't place so much energy boxing him in. I rather surround KP with complimentary players and let this flower bloom.

TWO WAY EVERYTHING (with an above average jumper)


I think he is the dreaded forward tweener, not the versatile stretch wing that dominates the league. The team needs a real wing. Don't give me positionless basketball as an excuse. As far as I see it he is a small PF thats it, hardly positionless.
It might sound like I'm dumping on him but i'm not I don't mind him, I just question his fit next Porzingis. Do others here believe Miles can guard the thicker bodied front court player every night. If we are going to go that route thats what he has to do.

Miles is not a tweener at all. If anything his NBA ready body and explosive first step is what he's got going for him. His shooting is what needs work.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27559
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

5/18/2018  3:28 PM
Miles Bridges is a lot smaller than I thought he was...
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25924
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/18/2018  5:48 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Miles Bridges is a lot smaller than I thought he was...

In terms of size on the court, I picture Lance Thomas.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Posts: 21777
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

5/18/2018  5:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Miles Bridges is a lot smaller than I thought he was...

In terms of size on the court, I picture Lance Thomas.

You mean our Draymond?

Which M. Bridges - detailed analysis on youtube

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.