[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Which M. Bridges - detailed analysis on youtube
Author Thread
awe1028
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2780

5/9/2018  2:49 PM
Defense, Defense, Defense. Mikal Mikal Mikal. Mikal is by far the better defender He is also by far the better 3pt shooter. With Frank and KP already on board, the Knicks need to continue building that defense. Mikal all the way everyday.
AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

5/9/2018  4:14 PM
Is Clarence Gaines still with the team?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/9/2018  10:08 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Either kid is fun to imagine playing for Knicks -- its a tough call but I would go Miles over Mykal for a few reasons.

- younger
- more physical/explosive body better suited to NBA game
- like his potential as a post & iso player given his explosiveness, strength and use of both hands around the rim
- feel like NBA game may open up more of his offense than we witnessed at MSU
- feel like he could potentially grow into 2nd (Robin) scorer to KP --- like that he has scorers mentality
- like that he gets buckets in numerous ways - catch/shoot, pull-up off dribble, driving, back to basket in post, back-cuts...etc

Again -- either kid along with the Zhaire Smith kid (who could really rise late) would be fun to think about (throw Sexton in there as well).

I disagree. Miles is a PF in a SF's body. Those types of tweeners tend to not pan out in the NBA. The Knicks need a guy who can play on the wing. That's Mykal.

Disagree on Miles being a PF in SF body. He does most of his damage on the face-up, off of pull ups and slashes. And he has the three point range. Defensively, he does a solid job of guarding the perimeter and he's shown flashes of being an offensive initiator. The problem is, he's way too dependent on his athleticism at this point. But his ceiling...You could say the same thing about amykal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/9/2018  11:09 PM
knickstorrents wrote:Give me the better defender with a higher IQ - Mikal Bridges for me.

This is what it boils down to. End of discussion.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/9/2018  11:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Either kid is fun to imagine playing for Knicks -- its a tough call but I would go Miles over Mykal for a few reasons.

- younger
- like his potential as a post & iso player given his explosiveness, strength and use of both hands around the rim
- feel like he could potentially grow into 2nd (Robin) scorer to KP --- like that he has scorers mentality
- like that he gets buckets in numerous ways - catch/shoot, pull-up off dribble, driving, back to basket in post, back-cuts...etc

Again -- either kid along with the Zhaire Smith kid (who could really rise late) would be fun to think about (throw Sexton in there as well).

I disagree. Miles is a PF in a SF's body. Those types of tweeners tend to not pan out in the NBA. The Knicks need a guy who can play on the wing. That's Mykal.

Disagree on Miles being a PF in SF body. He does most of his damage on the face-up, off of pull ups and slashes. And he has the three point range. Defensively, he does a solid job of guarding the perimeter and he's shown flashes of being an offensive initiator. The problem is, he's way too dependent on his athleticism at this point. But his ceiling...You could say the same thing about amykal.

so you're saying he has polish on the perimeter? that he has some handles?

you're right he does rely on strength and athleticism...

that's a 6'6" power forward. PFs shoot three and face the basket in today's NBA... this isn't the 90s

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/10/2018  7:56 AM
reub wrote:Is Clarence Gaines still with the team?

Yes. Gaines, “The lone wolf” and reportedly a bit on the spectrum (a good thing for a scout)is listed as a scout but we don’t know if he is being used or letting his contract run.
Before we blast the knicks please know that Gaines has really only scouted for Jax the last 20 odd years and did not work as a scout for some length of time until Phil bought him back.
SO I don’t know if he is just riding out his contract or actually active.

BigDaddyG

5/10/2018  1:11 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

that's a 6'6" power forward. PFs shoot three and face the basket in today's NBA... this isn't the 90s

You're right, this isn't the 90s. So what is the typical 3 and 4. I'd say Miles has ball skills that, at the very least, are on Trevor Ariza's level. They're above a Julius Handle. Are they at a Blake Griffin? No, but there are a lot of threes in this league you can say that about. He's a combo forward. You say he's a 6'6" power forward because of his build,but that's not even out of the ordinary for a 3, or 4, this days. His measurents are identical to Lance Thomas.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/12/2018  3:22 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

Wasn't Charles Barkley a 6'6" power forward in the 90's?

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/13/2018  11:42 AM
Panos wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

And Barkley would be pretty exposed in today's NBA (as great a rebounder he is).

Rose is not the answer.
BigDaddyG

5/13/2018  3:32 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
Panos wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

And Barkley would be pretty exposed in today's NBA (as great a rebounder he is).

Would he be exposed? I think he still be a beast, similar to Blake Griffin.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/13/2018  8:04 PM
Panos wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

So you're saying Miles is headed to the HOF?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/14/2018  3:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Would he be exposed? I think he still be a beast, similar to Blake Griffin.

I dunno, I feel the league has changed. Blake doesn't have a great 3pt shot and isn't a great offensive rebounder anymore, and is not a shot blocker. On the perimeter he's not bad, but not great either. He's a classic 20/10 guy but doesn't stretch opposing defenses. The league is moving away from Blake Griffin/ZBo types and more towards Porzingis/Giannis types.

Rose is not the answer.
BigDaddyG

5/14/2018  10:20 AM
knickstorrents wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Would he be exposed? I think he still be a beast, similar to Blake Griffin.

I dunno, I feel the league has changed. Blake doesn't have a great 3pt shot and isn't a great offensive rebounder anymore, and is not a shot blocker. On the perimeter he's not bad, but not great either. He's a classic 20/10 guy but doesn't stretch opposing defenses. The league is moving away from Blake Griffin/ZBo types and more towards Porzingis/Giannis types.

I agree about ZBO, but guys like Blake and Barkley would still thrive because of their face-up and passing ability. As long as you have shooters around those guys, the offense email can still be effective. Also, Barkley protected the rim. That would give him an added advantage this day and age.
reub
Member: #6227

5/14/2018  12:17 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
Panos wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

- younger

Barkley would be exposed? Lol!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/14/2018  8:46 PM

- younger

I don't mind Miles but I just don't see him as a good fit for this roster. This team needs a True 3, A Center or a PF who can defend bulkier Centers, or a PG. A small ball 4 makes no sense

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/15/2018  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2018  1:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

- younger

I don't mind Miles but I just don't see him as a good fit for this roster. This team needs a True 3, A Center or a PF who can defend bulkier Centers, or a PG. A small ball 4 makes no sense

I think Miles is a perfect fit. He is a smallball 4 and KP should be a 5. Miles is strong and athletic and can rebound. He fills a lot of weaknesses next to KP and makes us faster and more athletic in a position-less game. He can also play the 3 if we decide to go bigger, but he is better at the 4. Fiz is going to play a modern game, so Miles and KP at the 4 and 5 allow us to become that matchup nightmare. If you look at the teams competing for a title now, you don't need to worry about getting bulkier up front. We can always get a couple of good backup bigs.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/15/2018  9:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

- younger

I think Miles is a perfect fit. He is a smallball 4 and KP should be a 5. Miles is strong and athletic and can rebound. He fills a lot of weaknesses next to KP and makes us faster and more athletic in a position-less game. He can also play the 3 if we decide to go bigger, but he is better at the 4. Fiz is going to play a modern game, so Miles and KP at the 4 and 5 allow us to become that matchup nightmare. If you look at the teams competing for a title now, you don't need to worry about getting bulkier up front. We can always get a couple of good backup bigs.

A KP , Miles frontcourt won't be able to guard thicker bodied centers. I think we need someone closer to Julius Randle

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
5/15/2018  10:17 PM
longs wings = rings

Mikal all the way. It makes it so much easier to build a team when you have guys like that.

Put it another way: Who could stay on the floor against Golden State and Houston? A long athletic player who can switch and is a good enough shooter that teams can't ignore them and gum your offense up.

Mikal will make teams pay for doubling KP. Him, Frank and KP = length length length

Easy call

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Ira
Member: #91
5/16/2018  9:00 AM
I like Mikal. He could start at the 3 moving Hardaway to the 2 - his natural position. Lee could back up both spots.
Ira
Member: #91
5/16/2018  9:02 AM
A number of people want KP to play center. I don't think his physiology will permit him to. Not only because of his weight, but because he's somewhat fragile. He's our most talented player. We need to keep him off the bench.
Which M. Bridges - detailed analysis on youtube

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy