5/7/2018  1:27 PM
WOW

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/7/2018  1:32 PM
If Pistons are looking to blow it up. And are willing to sell low on Drummond and Jackson in order to dump salary. Something Knicks should consider.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/7/2018  1:34 PM
That Blake deal looks even worse. I wonder if the change in power structure factored into Stan's decision?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/7/2018  1:39 PM
sign me up for drummond
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/7/2018  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2018  1:51 PM
I'm not surprised. I don't think anyone is brilliant enough to be both coach and GM - there is just too much in today's NBA.

(Glad we have our coach!)

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  2:41 PM
They have a GM and obviously when you have just one year left and the owner says he wants to wait, the power play is you get your money and leave.
Stan has become a wealthy person because of his passion and he is a good coach. j
Im not going to reconstruct to where SVG made mistakes vs. where his owner wanted to accelerate with Griff.
I doubt they blow it up because they just made that trade and now have him with a new contract.
Whose to "blame"? Was that SVG making that deal or the owner who is anxious over bad attendance in a brand new arena?
I've said it 100 times, owners make those deals, not SVG's with one year on their contract!!! Thats my opinion.
I don't think Detroit dumps its assets for knicks liking. Drummond won't come cheap via trade.
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/7/2018  3:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:That Blake deal looks even worse. I wonder if the change in power structure factored into Stan's decision?

Last wk I read where they wanted to retain him as coach but strip him of his president title and he wasn't on board with that.

ES
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/7/2018  4:01 PM
Drummond and kb would actually be nice
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2018  4:07 PM
I think this was the right move for the Pistons. Too bad they traded for Blake before SVG was let go.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  4:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I think this was the right move for the Pistons. Too bad they traded for Blake before SVG was let go.

Is that trade what Tom Gores wanted?
Owner puts money in a new arena, attendance drops, team is not winning as hoped so team moves the youth movement up the curve?
Who does that, team president or the owner?
Then, they move in a GM to "Help", Owner steps in and insists on the move.
SVG loses his juice card and thus wants extension. Process after 5 years not there, and the coach is now in "Win now mode" and wants more years.
SVG knows coaches don't work in one place for ever and can use what little leverage he has left. He gets his money, gets to say Owner changed his objective and perhaps gets another gig, or just goes to TV. He is wealthy. SVG is ok either way.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/7/2018  4:55 PM
dacash wrote:Drummond and kb would actually be nice

I don't love Drummond for this team, or any other center who can't play outside the paint. We need to eventually move KP to the center and find the right PF to play next to him. We need to get more versatile and take advantage of our strong points. If KP stays at PF, it should be because the center playing next to him can do a little bit of everything.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2018  6:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2018  6:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I think this was the right move for the Pistons. Too bad they traded for Blake before SVG was let go.

Is that trade what Tom Gores wanted?
Owner puts money in a new arena, attendance drops, team is not winning as hoped so team moves the youth movement up the curve?
Who does that, team president or the owner?
Then, they move in a GM to "Help", Owner steps in and insists on the move.
SVG loses his juice card and thus wants extension. Process after 5 years not there, and the coach is now in "Win now mode" and wants more years.
SVG knows coaches don't work in one place for ever and can use what little leverage he has left. He gets his money, gets to say Owner changed his objective and perhaps gets another gig, or just goes to TV. He is wealthy. SVG is ok either way.

He was there for 4 years and the team broke the 40 win mark once. I don't know what the thinking was behind the trade for Blake. It is a horrible contract for an often injured player. I thought it was a great trade for the Clippers. The Pistons also desperately needed Reggie Jackson on the court and he was hurt for most of Blake's tenure.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/7/2018  6:37 PM
No to Drummond - he is good player in the old NBA, but the old NBA doesn't exist anymore. Let some other team starfukk for him..
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/7/2018  6:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:No to Drummond - he is good player in the old NBA, but the old NBA doesn't exist anymore. Let some other team starfukk for him..

He is only 24 and just entering his prime. He still can reach another level. 3 ast, 1.5 stls, 1.6 blks, 16 rebs, 189 WS48. 5.3 DBPM, 5.0 VORP, 99 def rating.

Not being able to shoot 3s at this particular moment should discount all that. Not only that but he has guard skills handling the ball. Granted he does turn the ball over quite a bit for a center.

But again it would all depend on if you could snatch Drummond for the low with Detroit looking to dump salary. If a good deal is possible I would jump on that. If they want a boat load for him then nah.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

5/7/2018  7:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:No to Drummond - he is good player in the old NBA, but the old NBA doesn't exist anymore. Let some other team starfukk for him..

He is only 24 and just entering his prime. He still can reach another level. 3 ast, 1.5 stls, 1.6 blks, 16 rebs, 189 WS48. 5.3 DBPM, 5.0 VORP, 99 def rating.

Feed Q7fiq_Not being able to shoot 3s at this particular moment should discount all that. Not only that but he has guard skills handling the ball. Granted he does turn the ball over quite a bit for a center.

But again it would all depend on if you could snatch Drummond for the low with Detroit looking to dump salary. If a good deal is possible I would jump on that. If they want a boat load for him then nah.

Yep, I think be able to adequately cover the perimeter and contain the pick and roll is more important than shooting threes for big men in this day and age. The Warriors and Suns did OK without a stretch 5. Noah in his prime would be perfect. I haven't paid enough attention to Drummond to know if that's in his wheelhouse.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

5/7/2018  7:10 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:sign me up for drummond

I thought I read the same thing too. Guess we'll have to wait for the leaks to come out to get the full picture.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/7/2018  8:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:That Blake deal looks even worse. I wonder if the change in power structure factored into Stan's decision?

Last wk I read where they wanted to retain him as coach but strip him of his president title and he wasn't on board with that.

Way to show your faith in the roster you built.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/7/2018  9:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Not being able to shoot 3s at this particular moment should discount all that. Not only that but he has guard skills handling the ball. Granted he does turn the ball over quite a bit for a center.

I actually really wanted Drummond (early on) when Melo was here because he was a good fit for a slow grind out half court offense with better than average passing, and he was a plus defender (not saying he was availabe, just that I thought he woukd work well). Then his defense took a hit playing with Reggie Jackson and KCP on the floor, two poor on the ball defenders. But his own abject perimeter defense didn't help either. Having Avery Bradley last year definitely helped. His VORP seems really solid though, didn't realize it was that high.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/7/2018  9:25 PM
I like SVG as a coach but did not understand why they made him pres also. Someone should dig up the thread about the Griffin trade; I'm pretty sure most of the board thought Detroit robbed LAC.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

5/8/2018  2:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:
dacash wrote:Drummond and kb would actually be nice

I don't love Drummond for this team, or any other center who can't play outside the paint. We need to eventually move KP to the center and find the right PF to play next to him. We need to get more versatile and take advantage of our strong points. If KP stays at PF, it should be because the center playing next to him can do a little bit of everything.

Porzingis develops the sky hook! Devastating!

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
OT: Stan Van Gundy out of Detroit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy